Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thinking Trinity Hotel in Carlsbad, where I've stayed before and liked. Good base for all sorts of deserted adventures plus the big hole. :)

ef545c_1c0504eaa900b950df1ba899f5615005.jpg_srz_p_1093_729_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ever been to allrecipes.com ?

heheh....nothing I do is truly original or especially marketable, it's just a mish-mash.

I post it because I like to, and in the hopes of prodding people to cook for themselves.
I cook all the time, just too lazy to take pictures of it. :) I made a huge pot of marinara this morning. The store bought stuff sucks. Made some quick chicken parm and put the rest in freezer ziplocks. Nomnom

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So did/do you own a restaurant? If so, what kind and where?

Because we're like family and we all wuv's you :)
I have been executive chef at a few. I owned half of Grand Cru in Columbia MO. I am classically trained (Aix Les Baines in France). But really enjoyed preparing regional cuisine of Southern Mexico. My menus are still used at Flying V in Tucson AZ

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
what does off the map mean?
I will not be available bit to a precious few people. I have one of my Sisters Religious taking over my ministerial duties during that time and when I go on retreat in January.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will not be available bit to a precious few people. I have one of my Sisters Religious taking over my ministerial duties during that time and when I go on retreat in January.

will you go to a monastery?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No, my order has a awesome retreat centre not far from here in the woods called El Ritiro

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not true. I have the image file. (Such material stays in my Art archive.) You saw it @CaFF. Find it offensive? :confused:
That's really weird... I don't even see @CaFF's response to it anymore where he quote your message it showed the same img icon in the quoted response as well o_O

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It will be a solitary contemplative retreat

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's really weird... I don't even see @CaFF's response to it anymore where he quote your message it showed the same img icon in the quoted response as well o_O
If it was deleted, there is a delete log which only admin has access to but it shows who deleted it. Myself it sounds like if it was copy pasted the host to the link may have deleted it??

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, my order has a awesome retreat centre not far from here in the woods called El Ritiro

i planned on going camping there. what are the chances???

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is the joke:

Embarq = what their customers do after having their service. ;)

Then again, I've has USwest/Qwest/CL for decades..and had good service even on dialup/ADSL. Must be lucky. :)

Love teh VDSL2 though...$30/mo for POTS and 15/5 is spiffy IMO.

I have pretty good internet right now, but Comcast just merged with Time Warner, so I'm a bit concerned about what the future might hold because everything I have ever heard about Time Warner internet service has been bad... ;(

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My fall term (a heavy one) ended yesterday. Supposed to be off right away to NYC and points east for family/holidays. But I need need need some recovery time. So I think I've decided (gulp) to push the trip to after the holidays, and create a nice block of demand-reduced time. Re recovery, to be continued over at Light at End of Tunnel. :)
I need recovery after visiting family too, particulary the wife crazy step family... even more so now that I have to be medicated out of my mind for a day and half just because of the drive and then again on the way back

snoopy-knocked-out.jpg

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been executive chef at a few. I owned half of Grand Cru in Columbia MO. I am classically trained (Aix Les Baines in France). But really enjoyed preparing regional cuisine of Southern Mexico. My menus are still used at Flying V in Tucson AZ
Small world. I used to spend a lot of time at Sabino Canyon when I was younger.

The name sounds familiar, but unfortunately Flying V is a chain of truck stops to, so I don't know if I've ever eaten there or not. Do you know when it opened? I left Tucson in like '84 or '85.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
She's sore and hungry, but no food for a few days, just IV's
Shes resting and healing:)
Do you get to start her off on baby food then? Feed all those pureed peas to her that she probably fed you LOL

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Poetic justice??? LOL:D
Yeah, when I get older I'm going to make my mom brussel sprouts to make up for all the broccoli she used to make me eat. I'd feed her broccoli, but she likes it.

Will just have to make her eat the sprouts outside though cause I can't even stand the smell of em

creative_puking_cup_540.gif

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it was deleted, there is a delete log which only admin has access to but it shows who deleted it. Myself it sounds like if it was copy pasted the host to the link may have deleted it??

No, just a glitch, no worries. I removed it myself from this thread (and put it on "wut" where it belongs). Moving on, friends. :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok time to drag over to the couch for some TV for an hour then hit the bed, see you guys and gals tomorrow
vapicon_zps7d42324b.png

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, just a glitch, no worries. I removed it myself from this thread (and put it on "wut" where it belongs). Moving on, friends. :)
Ah, that must have been where I saw the post the first time, because the img icon is there and I see Caff's response over there too.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its not showing a picture, just a blank square when I look. Chow folks!!
Ah, that must have been where I saw the post the first time, because the img icon is there and I see Caff's response over there too.

I now think it's a Google Drive issue, or the way I'm using/misusing GD. :confused: Replaced it with file upload from my PC. Thanks for checking. Helped me troubleshoot. :)

Sorry for the fuss. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
NP, what does the NGA stand for, I keep trying to say your handle phonetically and it's driving me nuts...

Sadly nothing particularly creative or interesting ... North Georgia. :)

ETA : Usually folks just refer to me as NGA ( which I've speculated they meant to be short for No Good Asshole but that's just a guess ... :D ) or Haze.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I now think it's a Google Drive issue, or the way I'm using/misusing GD. :confused: Replaced it with file upload from my PC. Thanks for checking. Helped me troubleshoot. :)

Sorry for the fuss. :rolleyes:
Google doesnt like you to post any links to pics/gifs outside of Google+.. They suck that way.

VU Sponsors