Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
12338a683328b1d6f303b6338b8a8f60.jpg

I too love to cook... just don't do it as much as @CaFF I don't have that kind of time lol.

This is a breakfast casserole with eggs biscuits sausage and cheese. Yummy!

I don't see your image there, but when I followed it, I was able to d/l it directly from Amazon S3.
It seems Tapatalk is having a fit. CURL errors...very odd.;-)

Here it is:

12338a683328b1d6f303b6338b8a8f60.jpg
http://s3.amazonaws.com/tapatalk-upload/14/12/13/12338a683328b1d6f303b6338b8a8f60.jpg

Looks yummers! :)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, CenturyLink owns Embarq/Sprint and Qwest now.. so we are all CL :)

True dat. But, CL hasn't really bothered to improve infrastructure in some of their..less profitable areas...
Basically, if you don't live in the right place, it don't matter. ;-)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was hoping I wasn't out of line,,,just didn't care for someone that's been a member less than 2 weeks jumpin in here advertising

Well, it's fine because that isn't advertising...lol

They do that, hoping it'll be missed long enough to generate SEO for their site.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
True dat. But, CL hasn't really bothered to improve infrastructure in some of their..less profitable areas...
Basically, if you don't live in the right place, it don't matter. ;-)
Yep.. And Qwest people have it better as Qwest was in the middle of updating when they were bought.. I'm on old Sprint POS DSLAMs.. :(

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damnit I can't watch it on my phone and I don't own a laptop

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ha!

I was poking around trying to find one of Tiki's missing toys and came across a box of ancient Xmas decorations...yikes! I haven't even seen this stuff in about a decade.

Fake mini-tree, some lights, Mrs MouseKlaus and that plastic tree-thing from Home Interiors circa about 1990. :D

Lights on...

Lights off...

I actually am quite good at decorations, just haven't seen the need since about 2002.

Yup, this old blinky tree thing still works..after I cleaned up the corroded old contacts.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Small world. I used to spend a lot of time at Sabino Canyon when I was younger.

The name sounds familiar, but unfortunately Flying V is a chain of truck stops to, so I don't know if I've ever eaten there or not. Do you know when it opened? I left Tucson in like '84 or '85.
It is part of Loew's Ventana Canyon Resort. I was a corporate chef for Loew's at the time.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is part of Loew's Ventana Canyon Resort. I was a corporate chef for Loew's at the time.

Pretty nice place there. I like it. :)
Hmmm, I guess that means Chef Cathey isn't actually the architect of the menu? LOL...gotta love the games that companies and chefs play.

As a corporate entity, I'd imagine you had an NDA/exclusivity contract and such with them. So, in effect, your recipes and menu became theirs. Kinda crappy. :-/

Apparently, the Guacamole is legendary though...

http://www.loewshotels.com/ventana-canyon/dining/restaurant

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I built the original menu with Chef Joe Travino.....then Alexis Sanchez took over when I left. The only original of my staffers there is Manager Extraordinaire......Rock Saul.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Very cool. I'd heard of Travino before, he's at the St. Regis Atlanta.
The current menu is sad...they took off some outstanding things.....we had braised duck tacos....and several items featuring Snake River Kobe. Also a 6oz Bison filet top a cake of smoked gouda and leek dauphinoise and "Arizona Succcotash"

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It appears Her Kelliness went to bed :)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, I don't have time for videos:(
By the time I get caught up I'm gonna have to go back to Pizza Hut I hate my life ;)

just skip all my posts. meaningless drivel.

VU Sponsors