Alternate Universe

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I suddenly am in the position to at least make a minor investment in some vape mail but am holding off so I don't do anything rash. But it feels good to at least be able to seriously consider something more modern than the last generation stuff I have. ;)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I suddenly am in the position to at least make a minor investment in some vape mail but am holding off so I don't do anything rash. But it feels good to at least be able to seriously consider something more modern than the last generation stuff I have. ;)
As I always say.........BUY ALL THE THINGS!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I hear it can drive people crazy but I know you can handle it:D
I find it quite easy to build upon. Juice/Airflow are quite similar to the Kayfun

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As I always say.........BUY ALL THE THINGS!
I've been wanting some type of kayfun for a while since I only have one rebuildable (an aga t2) but I'm also looking for a more advanced battery (all I have now is two mvps a couple of 3.7v evods and a c-twist)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been wanting some type of kayfun for a while since I only have one rebuildable (an aga t2) but I'm also looking for a more advanced battery (all I have now is two mvps a couple of 3.7v evods and a c-twist)
Unless you want a lot more power....the MVP is bloody good kit for non-rebuildable tanks. As for advanced vaping.....a mod is a mod is a mod...the key is in the coil build and wicking.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Did u see my pic of ss SMPL and Orchid V4? I think you will like the match
I did! Well paired. The SMPL is a great mod indeed....the epitome of "less is more".

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Unless you want a lot more power....the MVP is bloody good kit for non-rebuildable tanks. As for advanced vaping.....a mod is a mod is a mod...the key is in the coil build and wicking.
Yeah I think I need a lot more power. I need to actually experience some things rather than just relying on my imagination.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you see the new MVP V3?
Innokin-MVP-20w-Box-Mod.jpg

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if that was addressed to me but I already have two mvp2s so if I get something new I want it to be an entirely new ballgame, but that is definitely on my list for someday (but I should correct you, that's not the mvp3 it's the mvp20w)

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I think I need a lot more power. I need to actually experience some things rather than just relying on my imagination.
You think you'll get a Kayfun? Orchid or the new Kanger sub-tank is two, two, two mints in one!

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if that was addressed to me but I already have two mvp2s so if I get something new I want it to be an entirely new ballgame, but that is definitely on my list for someday (but I should correct you, that's not the mvp3 it's the mvp20w)
Oh shit, that's how it was advertised!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You think you'll get a Kayfun? Orchid or the new Kanger sub-tank is two, two, two mints in one!
Please explain. Besides some youtube videos I've seen about kayfuns I'm totally ignorant.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh shit, that's how it was advertised!
I may be wrong but I think there is actually going to be an mvp3 that is different than that, but I could be wrong.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/2014/12/reboot-innokin-mvp-version-3.html

Here is the VJ Deals and Steals. They are calling it the MVP version 3
Could definitely be. I read a lot of things and who knows how much of it is accurate.

But since you seem to know a bit and seem to be willing to help. Let me propose this to you.

I'd like to invest in something new. Maximum, a hundred dollars. Less of course if possible. The best kayfun out there currently at the most reasonable price and a mod that's not an mvp that can handle say a 1 ohm coil. What would you recommend as the ideal set up?

and anyone else please feel free to pipe in

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I would go with a mechanical tube style mod personally. As for atty's....whatever you like to throw on there that does not say "Atlantis"

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would go with a mechanical tube style mod personally. As for atty's....whatever you like to throw on there that does not say "Atlantis"
I don't know man, that seems rather vague, how many mechanical mods are out there after all? To do that I'd need the mod, the batteries and the batteries charger so if you know of something good like that, that I can get for under a hundred bucks including the kayfun, hey man, I'm all ears.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know man, that seems rather vague, how many mechanical mods are out there after all? To do that I'd need the mod, the batteries and the batteries charger so if you know of something good like that, that I can get for under a hundred bucks including the kayfun, hey man, I'm all ears.
Best I can tell you is to go have a look at Vapor Joe's website. It will be tough to hit your budget numbers without going China direct.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The tube mods I have will blow a person's face off if not very careful, or I'd PIF you one.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Please explain. Besides some youtube videos I've seen about kayfuns I'm totally ignorant.
I'm sorry, I'm being cutesy putesy....not! The Kanger sub-tank is both a fill 'n' go tank and has a buildable deck (similar to the Kayfun) in one piece.
You can use it either way you like. The pre-built coil heads are .5 ohms. I would google it to get all the info. I'm not the best writer for explaining these things. There is also a thread on the forum where members are discussing it. I'll find it and post the link for you.

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...r-in-today-totally-awesome.39536/#post-222262

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Best I can tell you is to go have a look at Vapor Joe's website. It will be tough to hit your budget numbers without going China direct.
Nope, absolutely not, don't order from China. Have nothing against China but am not doing it. Want something local.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Nope, absolutely not, don't order from China. Have nothing against China but am not doing it. Want something local.
Then you are out of luck sir. If you do not go with clones....which are ALL made China....then plan on spending around $500 + for authentics. That price is mod+atty+batteries+charger

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry, I'm being cutesy putesy....not! The Kanger sub-tank is both a fill 'n' go tank and has a buildable deck (similar to the Kayfun) in one piece.
You can use it either way you like. The pre-built coil heads are .5 ohms. I would google it to get all the info. I'm not the best writer for explaining these things. There is also a thread on the forum where members are discussing it. I'll find it and post the link for you.

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...r-in-today-totally-awesome.39536/#post-222262
Yeah but how much power do you need to use .5 ohm coils? I guess I should be proposing this at its own thread but you guys seem to be the experts hanging out in here so very well.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Then you are out of luck sir. If you do not go with clones....which are ALL made China....then plan on spending around $500 + for authentics. That price is mod+atty+batteries+charger
Sorry, I don't believe that at all. Certainly there must be something out there that can handle 1 ohms that's under a hundred bucks. come on

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry, I don't believe that at all. Certainly there must be something out there that can handle 1 ohms that's under a hundred bucks. come on
Not made outside of China.....but happy shopping.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not made outside of China.....but happy shopping.
Well it's already been established that I can get a kayfun and an mvp20w for around $100 so are you seriously trying to tell me there's NOTHING else?

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@franciscan isn't the Orchid easier to build on than the Kayfun? He could get one for $20 now. My experience says a simple RDA. My Orchid, though an easy build, was tricky to get used to with the filling method and such. Kayfuns are like that. too, right?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well it's already been established that I can get a kayfun and an mvp20w for around $100 so are you seriously trying to tell me there's NOTHING else?
You do realise that both of those are made in China aye?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You do realise that both of those are made in China aye?
I'm not saying I don't want anything MADE in China, I'm saying I don't want to BUY it from China (you know fasttech and all that crap). Hope that helps.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you not want to purchase a clone? Because if you are open to that you have many options.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@franciscan isn't the Orchid easier to build on than the Kayfun? He could get one for $20 now. My experience says a simple RDA. My Orchid, though an easy build, was tricky to get used to with the filling method and such. Kayfuns are like that. too, right?
Not easier...just twice as much building lol. The Kayfun(s) and Orchid are essentially the same device (their parts fit eachother). One is dual juice flow/single nonadjustable airflow/single coil.......the other is quad juice flow/dual airflow/dual coil

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you not want to purchase a clone? Because if you are open to that you have many options.
I'm totally open. Just don't want to buy from China, have to wait a month and so forth.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not saying I don't want anything MADE in China, I'm saying I don't want to BUY it from China (you know fasttech and all that crap). Hope that helps.
More and more Chinese companies are shipping from US warehouses. Again, I would check with Vapor Joe's. Angelcigs and Focal both have US warehouses.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I would also look at 101 Vapor
EDIT: I would SERIOUSLY look at 101 Vapor

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would also look at 101 Vapor
EDIT: I would SERIOUSLY look at 101 Vapor
Yes of course I've purchased from 101vape on multiple occasions. Let's say I'm planning to spend around $30 for the kayfun, then that leaves $70 for the mod (give or take, could be $60, could be $80). So the question is, what mod in that price range can can handle a 1 ohm coil? If there's none well then that's the answer. But if someone has a suggestion, please share.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes of course I've purchased from 101vape on multiple occasions. Let's say I'm planning to spend around $30 for the kayfun, then that leaves $70 for the mod (give or take, could be $60, could be $80). So the question is, what mod in that price range can can handle a 1 ohm coil? If there's none well then that's the answer. But if someone has a suggestion, please share.
Every mechanical mod known to man can handle a 1ohm coil..........they can handle 3ohm coils.........they can handle .13ohm coils. The only mods that limit builds are regulateds...but even they can handle normally down to .3

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Do not forget to leave budget space for batteries and charger.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm trying really hard to help you out...but if you are starting from scratch...the mod/atty/batteries/charger will ultimately run you over $100.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Every mechanical mod known to man can handle a 1ohm coil..........they can handle 3ohm coils.........they can handle .13ohm coils. The only mods that limit builds are regulateds...but even they can handle normally down to .3
You'll have to excuse me about my ignorance. I'm still learning about mechanical mods and "regulated" mods. I an getting the gist but without having one in my hand, using it and understanding it that way it's hard. Thus my questions. Is there a mechanical mod that you recommend that I can get, mod, batteries and charger for $70? Or "regulated"? If you have a specific suggestion, like a specific product, not just go and look here and there, I'd be happy to hear about it.

VU Sponsors