Alternate Universe

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
i have anxiety when it comes to approaching women. But i'm getting better at it;)

Death is just death and I only get shocked by it when I first hear about it and only if it was someone extremely meaningful to me.
Most people would likely not appreciate my attitude on death.
I will mourn and then move on.
Death is not a traumatic occasion for me.
And I'm quite excited about my own death.

Suffering is what fucks with my head.
It tears my heart out when I see suffering.
And the suffering that is going on in the world is heart breaking to me.
As it is in my Order....I take on suffering so that others may suffer less. This makes no sense to most, but it is what I do.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As it is in my Order....I take on suffering so that others may suffer less. This makes no sense to most, but it is what I do.
For some reason what you just said just really hit me deep.
I have suffered. Not as much or as bad as many. But also more and worse than many.
I have allowed my suffering to shape me and I have embraced my suffering because I truly believe it is my lot in life to suffer.
I'm suffer agonizing physical pain everyday. I suffer with regret and remorse on a level that words cannot convey.
I thrive on my pain and suffering.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
For some reason what you just said just really hit me deep.
I have suffered. Not as much or as bad as many. But also more and worse than many.
I have allowed my suffering to shape me and I have embraced my suffering because I truly believe it is my lot in life to suffer.
I'm suffer agonizing physical pain everyday. I suffer with regret and remorse on a level that words cannot convey.
I thrive on my pain and suffering.
Most would call us masochistic...but in my faith....the suffering of the soul is our cross....and through our cross we find our way to the one who can truly comfort us. It is for things like this that I created my thread!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i have anxiety when it comes to approaching women. But i'm getting better at it;)

Death is just death and I only get shocked by it when I first hear about it and only if it was someone extremely meaningful to me.
Most people would likely not appreciate my attitude on death.
I will mourn and then move on.
Death is not a traumatic occasion for me.
And I'm quite excited about my own death.

Suffering is what fucks with my head.
It tears my heart out when I see suffering.
And the suffering that is going on in the world is heart breaking to me.
Shock and trauma in the way that most people think/experience the death of someone they know or a loved one doesn't really fit with what I feel and why I avoid the situation. Like you, I have views on death that are very different that what others feel and believe, and it is difficult for me to be around others in these times simply because I find it very difficult to manipulate my body language and speech in a way that comforts them or makes them feel like I care. It is hard enough for me to do these things in normal daily interactions, but even harder when interacting with people on this particular subject.

While my philosophical views on the support that you give others differs from your underlying motives, I think that what you do is noble and to be commended. Being there to support someone in need and frequently simply listening to them while they work through their grief is an... I'm struggling to find one word, so I'll just say all the ones I feel... trait/character/experience/reward to be cherished.
Even though it contradicts my prior statements regarding the subject of death, when it comes to other areas of life, I find it very easy to be there for others and am drawn to provide comfort and/or support whenever I perceive that it is needed. I think that my detachment oddly gives me the ability to be a rock for people because I don't get sucked into their emotions, but instead ask questions, help illuminate insights, or simply remain silent as necessary.
That being said, no matter how many times I've been told that I'd make a good psychologist/psychiatrist, I simply couldn't do it because I can't deal with, and have very little patience for people who simply whine for the sake or whining or as a means of getting attention. Unless there is something deeply affecting a person at the time, I simply can't force myself to listen to them.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Shock and trauma in the way that most people think/experience the death of someone they know or a loved one doesn't really fit with what I feel and why I avoid the situation. Like you, I have views on death that are very different that what others feel and believe, and it is difficult for me to be around others in these times simply because I find it very difficult to manipulate my body language and speech in a way that comforts them or makes them feel like I care. It is hard enough for me to do these things in normal daily interactions, but even harder when interacting with people on this particular subject.

While my philosophical views on the support that you give others differs from your underlying motives, I think that what you do is noble and to be commended. Being there to support someone in need and frequently simply listening to them while they work through their grief is an... I'm struggling to find one word, so I'll just say all the ones I feel... trait/character/experience/reward to be cherished.
Even though it contradicts my prior statements regarding the subject of death, when it comes to other areas of life, I find it very easy to be there for others and am drawn to provide comfort and/or support whenever I perceive that it is needed. I think that my detachment oddly gives me the ability to be a rock for people because I don't get sucked into their emotions, but instead ask questions, help illuminate insights, or simply remain silent as necessary.
That being said, no matter how many times I've been told that I'd make a good psychologist/psychiatrist, I simply couldn't do it because I can't deal with, and have very little patience for people who simply whine for the sake or whining or as a means of getting attention. Unless there is something deeply affecting a person at the time, I simply can't force myself to listen to them.
So well put! Sadly...most in my vocation tend to be preachy when people hunger for nothing more simple than to just be LISTENED to. If you take the time to listen and empathise...you accomplish the one greatest need we all have.....to know that we are NOT alone!!!

Last edited:

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Andddddddddddd the PMS ing BIOTCH is back :D
i-love-her.jpg

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Fishee....I just posted Lacey Sturm's (Flyleaf) testimony in my other thread.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah my big Trout thank you however I had t go have a nap just so I didn't have to hang out with myself right now.
fortunately I haven't had to deal with a PMS ing woman for well over a decade. Even my last two girlfriends no longer did the monthly thing.
I'm thinking I need a woman that's done already gone through menopause:D

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah my big Trout thank you however I had t go have a nap just so I didn't have to hang out with myself right now.
I don't know... you and @Just Me disappeared pretty nearly the same time, and with her avatar update shortly after your party... hmm...

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
fortunately I haven't had to deal with a PMS ing woman for well over a decade. Even my last two girlfriends no longer did the monthly thing.
Yanno...if a woman could opt out of PMS...she would. I believe strongly that women just want us to acknowledge this and not try to cure it...or look upon it as YOUR handicap. When we react personally to things that are a much greater burden to someone else.....then it becomes all about us...which is not fair to either.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yanno...if a woman could opt out of PMS...she would. I believe strongly that women just want us to acknowledge this and not try to cure it...or look upon it as YOUR handicap. When we react personally to things that are a much greater burden to someone else.....then it becomes all about us...which is not fair to either.
I agree.
I actually have no issues with pms or a PMS ing woman. It's just another thing about them that I love.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Much as it shames me to say... I may just give @Fishee a boner...

woman-kissing-salmon.jpg

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
"Dear Santa...I would like to be an Arctic Char please"

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@franciscan technical question... have a 1 ohm coil in my Kayfun and it seems like it is getting weaker. It feels like I'm vaping about 3.6v when I've actually got 4.18 on a fresh battery.

Is it time to rebuild, or do you think a simple coil burn has a good chance of reviving it?

I'd rather not go through the effort of rewicking and burning if it isn't going to help, but don't want to rebuild if it isn't necessary.

Thanks

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@franciscan technical question... have a 1 ohm coil in my Kayfun and it seems like it is getting weaker. It feels like I'm vaping about 3.6v when I've actually got 4.18 on a fresh battery.

Is it time to rebuild, or do you think a simple coil burn has a good chance of reviving it?

I'd rather not go through the effort of rewicking and burning if it isn't going to help, but don't want to rebuild if it isn't necessary.

Thanks
Put some room temp water in a shallow bowl.....pulse the coil....as it is off the power and cooling, give it a dunk in the water. That will release any and all build up on the coil surface. Some juices contain micro solids that will not incinerate at the temperature a wet coil produces. The process is identical to deglazing a stew pot.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, and re-snug your post screws afterward. Even a slightly loose screw can = significant voltage drop.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, and re-snug your post screws afterward. Even a slightly loose screw can = significant voltage drop.
Yeah, I thought it might be an issue with the coil, but it still reads 1.02 ohms.

I've been using it for a couple of weeks now for my ADV which is a DIY cinnamon red hots 60/40 vg/pg blend.

I've rewicked it once maybe twice, but otherwise pretty pleased with the build.

I'll give a go at your suggestion and see if that brings it back to life again.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Put some room temp water in a shallow bowl.....pulse the coil....as it is off the power and cooling, give it a dunk in the water. That will release any and all build up on the coil surface. Some juices contain micro solids that will not incinerate at the temperature a wet coil produces. The process is identical to deglazing a stew pot.
Oh and it figures that I didn't really put it together in my mind until after refilling it with about 4ml of juice. As I think back on it, the performance has been degrading noticably for a few days now though.

I've switched from the mech to my ZNA 30 and am running it at 20w and it is performing about the way it was on the mech before I noticed the drop.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Another thing....and I'm sure I don't need to even post this....but the 510 pin on the mod top cap always enjoys some Q-Tip love every now and then.....another source of voltage drop.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another thing....and I'm sure I don't need to even post this....but the 510 pin on the mod top cap always enjoys some Q-Tip love every now and then.....another source of voltage drop.
Yeah, I check that pretty regularly. Most recently it was on the Apollo though so it doesn't really apply on the mod end of the connection, although that doesn't prevent me from taking at swipe at the ends of the batteries periodically too ;)

VU Sponsors