Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!
tumblr_n96ypkWrLs1t136g4o1_500_zps1dc7f56d.jpg
Good morning, it is about that time isn't it? Trying to decide if I make some coffee or try to get some sleep because Ethan just fell asleep about 15 minutes ago. Decisions Decisions Decisions...

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was wound up pretty tight after yesterday's frustrations so no cat naps and only had about 2 hours of sleep Tuesday night and probably 3 Monday night so since Sunday at around noon I have had about 5 hours of sleep total. And I actually do think I'm going to try to lay down for a bit instead of brewing that pot of coffee.

Daughter plans to make me some of my favorite cinnamon rolls for breakfast so she'll probably be waking me up in a couple of hours if I am able to doze off anyway.

Just in case, I'll say hello to the morning crew: "GOOD MORNING, MORNING CREW" :D

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And to you as well!. I've got to go in and do a Half shift today from Noon till 4. Have to keep Orson (our pet Mink) away from the Christmas Tree, he is so mesmerized by shiny things and blinking lights:D

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And to you as well!. I've got to go in and do a Half shift today from Noon till 4. Have to keep Orson (our pet Mink) away from the Christmas Tree, he is so mesmerized by shiny things and blinking lights:D

Pets & Kids, nothing warms the heart quite like it:)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well apparently getting up to get rid of some diet coke was enough to convince my system that it shouldn't go to sleep quite yet and it should really make a pot of coffee and then just sort of let me drift off into a doze when and if it occurs naturally.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I felt that way too at about 3am, gosh damned shoulder/arm
My wife has been having problems with her left arm and shoulder too. Fortunately she is right handed, but it still causes problems with a lot of things that she does throughout the day.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife has been having problems with her left arm and shoulder too. Fortunately she is right handed, but it still causes problems with a lot of things that she does throughout the day.
Yep we both have the same issues no doubt, was she checked for bone spurs?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't remember what the dianosis was, but she had the same problem in her right arm last year and got a cortisone shot in her elbow and it resolved the problem.

She just won't go in and get another one on her left arm because of the mountain of med bills we have right now and doesn't want to add to it... and frankly she is stubborn.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't remember what the dianosis was, but she had the same problem in her right arm last year and got a cortisone shot in her elbow and it resolved the problem.

She just won't go in and get another one on her left arm because of the mountain of med bills we have right now and doesn't want to add to it... and frankly she is stubborn.
Yep, I can understand that indeed, they say the shots last a good half year or so, but I get the med bills part, We are OOP for 3 grand before things kick in.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Similar here except on the 2014 plan it is $512 per person then 20-30% up to an family max OOP of 6k which we have hit for this year, pretty much like every other year for the last 6 years...

Next year we are switching to an EPO plan that has a $0 deductible, but 20% coinsurance up to just under $7k OOP, but we can't go out of our PPO network.

I've always been very careful to make sure all of our docs are in-network, so that part shouldn't be a big deal. Hoping the plan saves us a lot of money in 2015.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fortunately, Ethan finally got onto the Autism Medicaid Waiver program so he has 100% coverage now for everything with no money out of our pockets at all.

Asked our pharmacist the simple question of "is there a prescription version of Miralax that would be covered by Medicaid?" and low and behold there is, so instead of paying like $20-$30 a pop per container of Miralx we now pay $0 for POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL :) Which is a big benefit since it looks like he'll be taking it long term.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great that you have a good coverage for him , that is so important and something you can rest easy about too!!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great that you have a good coverage for him , that is so important and something you can rest easy about too!!
Yes, we were fortunate that IBM's long term disability plan basically puts us under their retirement medical plans. We have several plans to choose from and the costs are pretty similar to when I was an active employee but the plans are different. In our case we pop our OOP's regardless, it's just a question of how fast we get there. With the EPO plan I'm hoping that it will be more spread out across the year instead of all loaded up in January to March.

Actually last year (2013) I popped my OOP on Jan 29th! My surgery bills were over 100k!!!

This year it took me to the end of Feb for mine.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My girlfriend just left a Nordstrom box on my desk with twilight woods body lotion and mist. I so want to open it but her present hasn't got here yet (I ordered her a slate picture of her grandchildren) what to do

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning everyone and Happy Christmas Eve day. :) My son changed his plans yet again...now he's going to check flights for tomorrow morning and try to use the return ticket from the original flight (that was part of his present from me). I may just kill him when and if he finally does get here. lol I am SO glad he didn't drive though. The east coast is a soggy mess with zero visibility fog in places.

I'm cooking up a storm anyway, just in case. Skirt steak is marinating for tomorrow, roast beef is cooking for french dip tonight, made some cookies yesterday and am on my way to make the rest.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning everyone and Happy Christmas Eve day. :) My son changed his plans yet again...now he's going to check flights for tomorrow morning and try to use the return ticket from the original flight (that was part of his present from me). I may just kill him when and if he finally does get here. lol I am SO glad he didn't drive though. The east coast is a soggy mess with zero visibility fog in places.

I'm cooking up a storm anyway, just in case. Skirt steak is marinating for tomorrow, roast beef is cooking for french dip tonight, made some cookies yesterday and am on my way to make the rest.
And good news prevails:):)
Its gonna get messy here by tonight, I think Santa will have troubles slip sliding around this north country...LOL

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Getting me hungry for breakfast
54379322.jpg

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
UPS failed on delivery yesterday for the kid's gifts. They better make it today.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Great news you must be really excited!!

VU Sponsors