Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A trick I use is to get a tube of dielectric anti-seize compound from an auto parts store, you use it on spark plug threads when putting them in an aluminum block, or a steel sleeved insert in an aluminum block to prevent galling or having the plug get stuck. Works like a freaking dream, you only need a tiny amount on the threads, I used a tooth pick and put the stuff on and screwed the top on and off a few times to get the compound distributed equally on the threads.
Thank you, Zam. I've heard about dielectric grease but didn't know where to find it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A trick I use is to get a tube of dielectric anti-seize compound from an auto parts store, you use it on spark plug threads when putting them in an aluminum block, or a steel sleeved insert in an aluminum block to prevent galling or having the plug get stuck. Works like a freaking dream, you only need a tiny amount on the threads, I used a tooth pick and put the stuff on and screwed the top on and off a few times to get the compound distributed equally on the threads.

Ya, I use good 'ol Noalox on a few of my mods. Works well but over time it'll attract crud and needs to be cleaned and re-applied. Not a biggie.

There are better ones, like No-Ox-Id, as well. :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
A unicorn! They protect virgins.Shoulda had him around a long time ago!
Virgins are completely safe around me..........ehm......ok.......ALL women are completely safe around me......perhaps I should rent muhself out as a unicorn?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Makes sense. The Unicorn is the national animal of Scotland. :)
Thank you for not naturally assuming the lion rampant is. I tell people that the lion was merely the device of the McAlpin dynasty. Scotland was viewed as a rare and virginal land...thus making it quite desirable to invaders.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for not naturally assuming the lion rampant is. I tell people that the lion was merely the device of the McAlpin dynasty. Scotland was viewed as a rare and virginal land...thus making it quite desirable to invaders.

I say, why not have both? ;)

Unicorn_Lioness_by_dolphy.jpg

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey hey! Guess who showed up yesterday at 2:30am? Son #2! Yay! :) The boys are out shopping right now and comparing vehicles. Zzzzzz. Later we're going to go do family stuff like shoot weapons at targets. lol Big smoochies to the AU.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You folks have a great day:)

Gonna be puttin my cousin's corpse in the ground this afternoon.

That will be............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... well, that will be a funeral o_O

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Speak of the devil, it arrived. One question. Is it better to let these purple batteries drain completely or should I charge them earlier than that?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What kind of charger do you use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You folks have a great day:)

Gonna be puttin my cousin's corpse in the ground this afternoon.

That will be............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... well, that will be a funeral o_O

Yeah, the reality of it is hard to absorb.
In some ways, I think that the finality of a funeral can be a good thing...so ya can move on while still remembering.

If that makes sense.

*hugs bro*

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Pop them in as-is. The charger will balance them.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pop them in as-is. The charger will balance them.

The batteries seem to have come fully charged. I was just wondering for the life of the battery, is it better to let them drain or to charge them from time to time before they drain. Forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions, today's the first day I've ever held a mech mod. It's vaping wonderfully. I can tell that there is a difference between the regulated devices. Besides there being no ten second cut off, it just seems like there is a more steady flow of current allowing for a fuller vapor.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No question is stupid. Only the answers. Go ahead and use them....when the flavour and vapour start do drop off, the are probably at about 3.6v. Charge them at that point.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No question is stupid. Only the answers. Go ahead and use them....when the flavour and vapour start do drop off, the are probably at about 3.6v. Charge them at that point.

OK. Sounds good. The mech mod I have has three tubes, one for each size battery that I have. That along with the two mvps, my c-twist and two ego batteries, I don't think I'll ever have to do without.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
OK. Sounds good. The mech mod I have has three tubes, one for each size battery that I have. That along with the two mvps, my c-twist and two ego batteries, I don't think I'll ever have to do without.
Superb

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Post-Xmas food is always a bit of a PITA. I didn't even make brekky until near 11AM today..lol

But, this delicious mess happened:

IMG_0449.JPG

• English muffin was halved and spread with a bit of mayo + hab sauce, then applied slices of Tillamook cheddar and gently toasted.
• Fried up some corned beef hash with onion, garlic and Serrano pepper along with kosher salt and black pepper.
• Fried a couple eggs on that, sprinkled with bacon ranch and there we go....

Messy looking, but Nomz.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Uno bella melange!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello there Kelli and Tina!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i am stuck at work today. seems just like a monday.

but it's not! :D

I'm with ya. The day after Xmas sure seems like a Monday.

Can't find any good sales and of the three flavorings I need to order ASAP, one is OSS at VZ.
Not gonna order just the two and have a leftover order of one $6 bottle. So, I gotta wait and hope they re-stock pretty damn soon. ;)

I run out of my Caramel Mocha, heads shall roll....

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm with ya. The day after Xmas sure seems like a Monday.

Can't find any good sales and of the three flavorings I need to order ASAP, one is OSS at VZ.
Not gonna order just the two and have a leftover order of one $6 bottle. So, I gotta wait and hope they re-stock pretty damn soon. ;)

I run out of my Caramel Mocha, heads shall roll....

my head is on pretty loosely, so yeah. probably will roll.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i can do you one better. i've never even been in a B&M vape shop.

Wow. That's impressive. ;)

Ya, I only have about 15ml each of my three ADV tobaccos left.
And nothing to make more with, so they'd better restock soon.

Not that I can't make up something else, but I dunna wanna...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow. That's impressive. ;)

Ya, I only have about 15ml each of my three ADV tobaccos left.
And nothing to make more with, so they'd better restock soon.

Not that I can't make up something else, but I dunna wanna...
Having the same issues with my ADV, but mine was DIY'd by a guy who doesn't DIY anymore, and yea....I dunna wanna...LOL

VU Sponsors