Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy Birthdays to Moe and MrScaryZ!!!

Argh, it's too damn cold today. The wind is just crazy cold.

brrr-12-29-2014.png

Been sleeping most of the day, cuz it's warmer under flannel sheets and a big comforter with my kitteh than elsewhere.

Did check vapemail status and finished picking out a few odd & ends I'd wanted. :)

Got my DIY flavorings from VZ in record time today...that was FASSST!

• Magnets for my Chana30 - shipped
  • Jwrap for same mod - shipped
  • My new mod - shipped
  • FT Order - not shipped yet, but all next day items.

I can hear ya..so what is this new mod and stuff?

FT stuff: Some lovely DTs and Orchid stuffs

All that brass 'n glass is for mating up with this beauty:

Brass and Wood 18650 Fairy Mod Clone

Full brass tube and caps with adjustable copper 510 and battery contacts.

(Those pics from VS, but I bought mine on ebay for a lot cheaper.)

Yup, it's purple wood and brass...love it. :D

And, since it's a wood casing, if it needs refinishing or sanding, I can do it. Or, make one out of something else...

Plus, eventually they will have the wood tubes on their own at FT, ya can bet on it. Then, can just swap 'em around. Oh, and it was $23.00 shipped USPS Priority on Ebay, nearly half what some shops want for the plain black one.

And, I bought the last brass one. ;)

I'm done shopping now...heheh.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When ceramic fiber/wick is heat treated over 1900 degrees in a kiln or other ways, it will produce crystobalite, or silica dust, when inhaled over time, can create extremely dangerous health concerns.

Here is an msds sheet showing the result of ceramic fiber heated over this point.
http://www.rath-usa.com/msds/CERAMIC_FIBER_PAPER.pdf
here is a link to the possible health concerns.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000134.htm
Silica is a common, naturally-occurring crystal. It is found in most rock beds. Silica dust forms during mining, quarrying, tunneling, and working with certain metal ores. Silica is a main part of sand, so glass workers and sand-blasters are also exposed to silica.

Three types of silicosis occur:

• Simple chronic silicosis, which results from long-term exposure (more than 20 years) to low amounts of silica dust. The silica dust causes swelling in the lungs and chest lymph nodes. This disease may cause people to have trouble breathing. This is the most common form of silicosis.
  • Accelerated silicosis, which occurs after exposure to larger amounts of silica over a shorter period of time (5 to 15 years). Swelling in the lungs and symptoms occur faster than in simple silicosis.
  • Acute silicosis, which results from short-term exposure to very large amounts of silica. The lungs become very inflamed and can fill with fluid, causing severe shortness of breath and low blood oxygen levels.
Progressive massive fibrosis can occur in either simple or accelerated silicosis, but is more common in the accelerated form. Progressive massive fibrosis causes severe lung scarring and destroys normal lung structures.

There is no specific treatment for silicosis. Removing the source of silica exposure is important to prevent the disease from getting worse. Supportive treatment includes cough medicine, bronchodilators, and oxygen if needed. Antibiotics are prescribed for respiratory infections as needed.

Treatment also includes limiting exposure to irritants and quitting smoking.

Persons with silicosis are at high risk of developing tuberculosis (TB). Silica is believed to interfere with the body's immune response to the bacteria that cause TB. Skin tests to check for exposure to TB should be done regularly. Those with a positive skin test should be treated with anti-TB drugs. Any change in the appearance of the chest x-ray may be a sign of TB.

Patients with severe silicosis may need to have a lung transplant.

Just want all of our friends here to be informed about what they are vaping with. I would stay away from Ceramic and Silica. Stick with Cotton, Rayon or Hemp to be safe. I just found this out, was spooked out by it, so wanted to share with you all.
I hated the Atlantis I don't know what it was maybe I sensed the fibers going into me j traded it tonight for a buzzare RDA I won't touch aspire stuff bahh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, i stopped watching his videos when it became obvious that he was playing favorites.
Yeah, I try to simply focus on the details I'm interested in actually seeing in the products vs what he says so much.

Do the same thing with Rip, Grimm and Twisted, although I have to say that I like Twisted's vids the best simply because he is a bumbling fool like myself and isn't afraid what it is actually like to try working on things on camera as much as possible.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
found this one though

Turns out that is because it isn't named well, simply named as a review of the Sub Tank, either way, here you go. I'm a flavor junkie so I don't really care about vapor production in and of itself at all, but he does some nice side by side and other direct comparison shots.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sodding Vapor Flask! I would have purchased one...but I vape left handed.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm sitting here contemplating
Turns out that is because it isn't named well, simply named as a review of the Sub Tank, either way, here you go. I'm a flavor junkie so I don't really care about vapor production in and of itself at all, but he does some nice side by side and other direct comparison shots.

okay 51 minutes, i'll have to save that for another day (but thanks)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, don't use silica or wire mesh for socks.
Lesson learnt in the Middle Ages
Um..

gostpaleobarefoots.jpg

775be6b477b46fa6b487acfbb6d1045c.jpg

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol, i thinkith I have fallen for this young ladies boobies.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd say good morning but I've been trolling some trainwreck threads all night and wondering if I am the only one who has noticed that there are a lot of new PITA's moving into the tunnels recently?
No, haven't noticed. But I admire your determination and persistence to do all that. I have noticed that not everyone is as nice as you are:)and including most of the others here that we talk to.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is what I've been curious about before I invest anything in subtanks. All my juice is 18 to 24 mg. Sounds like I would need something as low as 6mg to use with these products so I'd have to factor getting more juice into the equation.

Nic levels in a tank like this or the Atlantis and in drippers are a whole other story. I vape 18 in protanks and 12 in genesis attys. I dripped at 6 at first. Decided to drop my Nic level. If youre vaping 18 on regular gear, 6ish would probably do it for you in a sub tank, Atlantis or a dripper. 18mg would blow your head off.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, haven't noticed. But I admire your determination and persistence to do all that. I have noticed that not everyone is as nice as you are:)and including most of the others here that we talk to.
Well I'll just take that compliment and say thank you :)

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
don't get your hopes up. it is a cloupor. ;)

as long as the chip is as good as the one in their original 30 watt, i'm fine with that.

the iStick spoiled me. i was small.:)
I have to admit, I'm a little spoiled with this istick, too. I don't know what it is about this thing!
I guess it's about picking up something so small, yet powerful.......like Tinkerbell's wand!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I'll just take that compliment and say thank you :)
Granted I have been known to get a wild hair every now and again... even in this thread...

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nic levels in a tank like this or the Atlantis and in drippers are a whole other story. I vape 18 in protanks and 12 in genesis attys. I dripped at 6 at first. Decided to drop my Nic level. If youre vaping 18 on regular gear, 6ish would probably do it for you in a sub tank, Atlantis or a dripper. 18mg would blow your head off.
This is what I was thinking, that's for confirming it;

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have to admit, I'm a little spoiled with this istick, too. I don't know what it is about this thing!
I guess it's about picking up something so small, yet powerful.......like Tinkerbell's wand!
Can we just leave penis nicknames out of this please?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did I miss the boobies? send me the link (no really, you don't have to:D)

Here ya go: http://spiderchain.com/custom/index.shtml

motion1.jpg

She's a firedancer and a redhead...just wow..

CHAINMAIL BRA FOR FIREDANCING

Rebecca is a firedancer who wanted a chainmail bra for performance costume. Normally a chainmail bra is pretty straightforward, but Rebecca planned to be extremely athletic in hers and she has D cups. This was a tricky project that came out pretty well. Let's just say that I'm glad I have an engineering background. *grin*

Daaayum..

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These are available without the $25 needed for add-on..

In fact, PM your addy and I'll send you some :)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just saw that. Didn't feel the need to duplicate your post though.
I bought these about 6 months or more ago when they were first listed on Amazon, and shipped from Japan. They said they would have Amazon stock them if they got good feedback, so I gave it and told them they would make a ton of sales to vapers if they did, and now they have them stocked in the US.. You're welcome :D

VU Sponsors