Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
those batteries will be great, so will any of the ones Mr. Zam stated. I always feel like a kid! Its the only way to be!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know if there was an episode of Homeland yesterday?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One more question sorry I usually ask hubby but he gets annoyed I have efest 2100mah batteries 18650 3.7Vhi drain flat top will those work or do I need something better?
$_12.JPG
Those Efest are relabeled Sony VTC4 they can safely handle down to .1 ohm If you have questions best ask me one never knows where some people's minds are :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When ceramic fiber/wick is heat treated over 1900 degrees in a kiln or other ways, it will produce crystobalite, or silica dust, when inhaled over time, can create extremely dangerous health concerns.

Here is an msds sheet showing the result of ceramic fiber heated over this point.
http://www.rath-usa.com/msds/CERAMIC_FIBER_PAPER.pdf
here is a link to the possible health concerns.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000134.htm
Silica is a common, naturally-occurring crystal. It is found in most rock beds. Silica dust forms during mining, quarrying, tunneling, and working with certain metal ores. Silica is a main part of sand, so glass workers and sand-blasters are also exposed to silica.

Three types of silicosis occur:

• Simple chronic silicosis, which results from long-term exposure (more than 20 years) to low amounts of silica dust. The silica dust causes swelling in the lungs and chest lymph nodes. This disease may cause people to have trouble breathing. This is the most common form of silicosis.
  • Accelerated silicosis, which occurs after exposure to larger amounts of silica over a shorter period of time (5 to 15 years). Swelling in the lungs and symptoms occur faster than in simple silicosis.
  • Acute silicosis, which results from short-term exposure to very large amounts of silica. The lungs become very inflamed and can fill with fluid, causing severe shortness of breath and low blood oxygen levels.
Progressive massive fibrosis can occur in either simple or accelerated silicosis, but is more common in the accelerated form. Progressive massive fibrosis causes severe lung scarring and destroys normal lung structures.

There is no specific treatment for silicosis. Removing the source of silica exposure is important to prevent the disease from getting worse. Supportive treatment includes cough medicine, bronchodilators, and oxygen if needed. Antibiotics are prescribed for respiratory infections as needed.

Treatment also includes limiting exposure to irritants and quitting smoking.

Persons with silicosis are at high risk of developing tuberculosis (TB). Silica is believed to interfere with the body's immune response to the bacteria that cause TB. Skin tests to check for exposure to TB should be done regularly. Those with a positive skin test should be treated with anti-TB drugs. Any change in the appearance of the chest x-ray may be a sign of TB.

Patients with severe silicosis may need to have a lung transplant.

Just want all of our friends here to be informed about what they are vaping with. I would stay away from Ceramic and Silica. Stick with Cotton, Rayon or Hemp to be safe. I just found this out, was spooked out by it, so wanted to share with you all.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
When ceramic fiber/wick is heat treated over 1900 degrees in a kiln or other ways, it will produce crystobalite, or silica dust, when inhaled over time, can create extremely dangerous health concerns.

Here is an msds sheet showing the result of ceramic fiber heated over this point.
Silica is a common, naturally-occurring crystal. It is found in most rock beds. Silica dust forms during mining, quarrying, tunneling, and working with certain metal ores. Silica is a main part of sand, so glass workers and sand-blasters are also exposed to silica.

• Simple chronic silicosis, which results from long-term exposure (more than 20 years) to low amounts of silica dust. The silica dust causes swelling in the lungs and chest lymph nodes. This disease may cause people to have trouble breathing. This is the most common form of silicosis.
  • Accelerated silicosis, which occurs after exposure to larger amounts of silica over a shorter period of time (5 to 15 years). Swelling in the lungs and symptoms occur faster than in simple silicosis.
  • Acute silicosis, which results from short-term exposure to very large amounts of silica. The lungs become very inflamed and can fill with fluid, causing severe shortness of breath and low blood oxygen levels.
Progressive massive fibrosis can occur in either simple or accelerated silicosis, but is more common in the accelerated form. Progressive massive fibrosis causes severe lung scarring and destroys normal lung structures.

There is no specific treatment for silicosis. Removing the source of silica exposure is important to prevent the disease from getting worse. Supportive treatment includes cough medicine, bronchodilators, and oxygen if needed. Antibiotics are prescribed for respiratory infections as needed.

Persons with silicosis are at high risk of developing tuberculosis (TB). Silica is believed to interfere with the body's immune response to the bacteria that cause TB. Skin tests to check for exposure to TB should be done regularly. Those with a positive skin test should be treated with anti-TB drugs. Any change in the appearance of the chest x-ray may be a sign of TB.

Just want all of our friends here to be informed about what they are vaping with. I would stay away from Ceramic and Silica. Stick with Cotton, Rayon or Hemp to be safe. I just found this out, was spooked out by it, so wanted to share with you all.
Cracking info this^^ Thank you for watching out for us!

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Useful information, but the Rath report doesn't contain anything pertaining to XC-116, which is the specific material used in such products like the ReadyXWick.

Now the following link does contain safety hazard info on XC-116: http://rbasupplies.com/XC116 - MSDS Info.pdf. I got some comfort from the "OTHER HEALTH HAZARD INFORMATION" section:
upload_2014-12-29_16-4-56.png

I'm not versed at all in this field, so maybe someone like @LucidiousRage can shed some knowledge. Granted, his point of view could be considered skewed since he's in the business of selling this product. At the same time, my personal interaction with him has been positive, unlike yours, @Celtic Fog . So I guess in the end, different folks will process and react to information in different ways.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Personally, I don't see the love for cotton.
To me, it tastes horrible.
I can not vape with it at all.

There are so many aspects to vaping.
You have to find the right battery, the right coil, the right wick and of course the right juice.
Damn, I want this to be easy but nothing ever is. :oops:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Similar XC-116 safety information from another source: https://www.omega.com/msds/msdspdf/MSDS0167.pdf

Most of the dangers seem to occur during the actual treatment of the product before it's sold.

Again, please note:
View attachment 11401
ceramic fiber, no matter what micron or company that makes it (nextel xc116 is made with ceramic fiber), when heated above the temps stated above, will produce silica dust....so if it is heated before sale, will now have silica dust in there, and imho be negligence on the sellers behalf.

Don't get me wrong Moe, if you are comfortable vaping with ceramic, that is your choice, I only wanted to share with others, what I learned today.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

You have to find the right battery, the right coil, the right wick and of course the right juice.
I don't have much experience using cotton either.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Monster post in my thread alert!!!! *klaxxons*

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

COTTON IS THE FABRIC OF OUR LIVES!!!! sheesh

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Celtic Fog, thanks for finding another tidbit of info regarding the potential safety issues surrounding the constituents of our vape gear. I KNOW that this is going to quickly turn into a heated and passionate discussion/debate and am hoping you can start a new thread regarding your findings and drop a link to it here.

I'm truly not trying to diminish your findings or concerns, I just know that this is a very direct comment regarding @Lucidious Rage's ReadyXWick product and he will feel compelled to discuss the issue in detail, especially given your statements about your exchange with him on vulive.

Unfortunately, there have been several threads very recently regarding issues that interested parties have strong feelings about which turn into pages and pages of posts debating and arguing and this topic is bound to bring a lot of unwelcome traffic into our little area of insanity.

Thanks in advance and keep it foggy ;)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Celtic Fog, thanks for finding another tidbit of info regarding the potential safety issues surrounding the constituents of our vape gear. I KNOW that this is going to quickly turn into a heated and passionate discussion/debate and am hoping you can start a new thread regarding your findings and drop a link to it here.

I'm truly not trying to diminish your findings or concerns, I just know that this is a very direct comment regarding @Lucidious Rage's ReadyXWick product and he will feel compelled to discuss the issue in detail, especially given your statements about your exchange with him on vulive.

Unfortunately, there have been several threads very recently regarding issues that interested parties have strong feelings about which turn into pages and pages of posts debating and arguing and this topic is bound to bring a lot of unwelcome traffic into our little area of insanity.

Thanks in advance and keep it foggy ;)
There was no exchange, I said hello and nice to see you....and they are not my findings, only something I found today, I'm a slow learner, just wanted to share with others. Besides, Ready Wick is a different type of ceramic, as Moe pointed out, that ceramic has its own msds sheet....;)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll be damned...they actually make chainmail socks lol....
article-2264002-16FE6555000005DC-540_634x372.jpg

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think one of the Dragon Priests drops them, the one with the pink mask and a lisp hehehehe

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There was no exchange, I said hello and nice to see you....and they are not my findings, only something I found today, I'm a slow learner, just wanted to share with others. Besides, Ready Wick is a different type of ceramic, as Moe pointed out, that ceramic has its own msds sheet....;)
Hope so, I've seen this one in particular blowup regarding the whole Atlantis issue...

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I still want to try the Atlantis, I hope they move to an all organic cotton build, that would be awesome for movie time....I am getting sick and tired of having to rewind and pause because I missed something while dripping lol.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I still want to try the Atlantis, I hope they move to an all organic cotton build, that would be awesome for movie time....I am getting sick and tired of having to rewind and pause because I missed something while dripping lol.
Mine sits unused. Not sorry I bought it....but it just fails to butter my parsnips.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a feeling its going to be hard to use anything now that I have been using this Doge RDA, the air flow is Omega Supreme!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you see Busaurdo's video comparing it to the Sub Tank?

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got my subtank today. I've been using it for about five hours and I'm loving it. My buddy was over this weekend and he had an Atlantis. I liked it, I was impressed even, but I like this Kanger better. I don't know about the RDA yet. I haven't tried it. With the .5 head it is pretty stellar. I do not know how to start to compare any tank to any dripper. To me it is like apples and oranges. Maybe even grapes to grapefruit.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got my subtank today. I've been using it for about five hours and I'm loving it. My buddy was over this weekend and he had an Atlantis. I liked it, I was impressed even, but I like this Kanger better. I don't know about the RDA yet. I haven't tried it. With the .5 head it is pretty stellar. I do not know how to start to compare any tank to any dripper. To me it is like apples and oranges. Maybe even grapes to grapefruit.
What nic level juice are you using in that sub tank?

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What nic level juice are you using in that sub tank?

Well, normally I vape 3mg. I won a gift certificate from S&P and I heard good things about their elven cookie. I've been looking for a good cookies and cream vape. The lowest Nic they had was 6mg. It is kicking my butt. Juice is good though. I would cut it in half with some VG, but I don't want to lose the flavor.

You really can not compare a tank to a dripper, but the nicotine in a subtank hits you like a dripper does. My buddy vapes 0 Nic for the most part 3mg tops. So I wouldn't have noticed it with his Atlantis. It may be the same way, I don't know.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
found this one though

I liked the Sub much better than the Atlantis....I vaped it in both modes....even with a rebuilt coil/wick. If it were to become available in 22mm.....I might buy one. Too wide to drop into my Governor

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, normally I vape 3mg. I won a gift certificate from S&P and I heard good things about their elven cookie. I've been looking for a good cookies and cream vape. The lowest Nic they had was 6mg. It is kicking my butt. Juice is good though. I would cut it in half with some VG, but I don't want to lose the flavor.

You really can not compare a tank to a dripper, but the nicotine in a subtank hits you like a dripper does. My buddy vapes 0 Nic for the most part 3mg tops. So I wouldn't have noticed it with his Atlantis. It may be the same way, I don't know.
This is what I've been curious about before I invest anything in subtanks. All my juice is 18 to 24 mg. Sounds like I would need something as low as 6mg to use with these products so I'd have to factor getting more juice into the equation.

VU Sponsors