VU Patreon

Kn0x

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
G'morning @Fringe,
My fellow outsider of this thread. I brought an extra Twinkie for snack time.
smileys-waving-170093.gif

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, getting a mod now out of needing it. I just dropped my damn SX Mini in a bathtub full of water. I am so PISSED off right now.

Is it safe to say my brand new BATTERY is a goner too?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, getting a mod now out of needing it. I just dropped my damn SX Mini in a bathtub full of water. I am so PISSED off right now.

Is it safe to say my brand new BATTERY is a goner too?
Though I can't say about your battery, I've submerged a mod before. After it dried out completely, it started working again.

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Though I can't say about your battery, I've submerged a mod before. After it dried out completely, it started working again.

Really? Well I guess it's worth a try. Did you do anything special to the mod? Like put it in rice or just let it sit out on a counter to dry? Never have done this before and still shaking my head that it happened. What an idiotic move

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Really? Well I guess it's worth a try. Did you do anything special to the mod? Like put it in rice or just let it sit out on a counter to dry? Never have done this before and still shaking my head that it happened. What an idiotic move
No, it's a human move. I felt much the same way. I did put it in a baggie of rice, but you might wait for one of the SX Mini gurus like @f1r3b1rd to weigh in on the rice for that one. I've heard both sides of doing so. Some say no, some say yes. I'd hate to give you the wrong advise because I know you love that mod.

Gurus, where hell y'all at???

Simply Red

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm thinking you could take the battery out (probably already did), remove the 3 screws, gently slide the body off the "C" frame so it looks like this...

image.png

Carefully set it in a container larger than the SX Mini and cover it with rice. Wait for an undetermined amount of time, remove the Mini, blow the rice dust out with compressed air and put it back together. Best I got.

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Last edited:

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know Angie, you break your mod, then you post here asking for help ... and these are the responses you get. :facepalm:
:cuss2:
you should pick better friends.

LOLOL...IKR?!?!? No actually just pissed off because I really liked my SX Mini (glad I bought it used tho) and would order the Minikin 2 but have no clue how long it would take to get it. Usually anything from Cali to here takes FOREVER and I leave on vaca the 27th. Just a bunch of shit I didn't want to deal with right now.

I just tried it with a new batt and it turns on fine but not firing right :( So maybe it will dry out over nite. So....shopping now for something new to get ASAP.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOLOL...IKR?!?!? No actually just pissed off because I really liked my SX Mini (glad I bought it used tho) and would order the Minikin 2 but have no clue how long it would take to get it. Usually anything from Cali to here takes FOREVER and I leave on vaca the 27th. Just a bunch of shit I didn't want to deal with right now.

I just tried it with a new batt and it turns on fine but not firing right :( So maybe it will dry out over nite. So....shopping now for something new to get ASAP.

Eciggity has it. It's $90 tho

Fringe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking you could take the battery out (probably already did), remove the 3 screws, gently slide the body off the "C" frame so it looks like this...

View attachment 64317

Carefully set it in a container larger than the SX Mini and cover it with rice. Wait for an undetermined amount of time, remove the Mini, blow the rice dust out with compressed air and put it back together. Best I got.
You can do it @AngiBe :huh:

giphy.gif

5e679c8240f04370c3d456cf06326938.jpg

VU Sponsors