Become a Patron!

APIWATW Challenge- Closes 01/31/2019 (15 Prizes Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
can do ...would like to know more anyway cause I’ll probably need to fix it haha

That’s not specifically on the list though

There have been reports of the contact not being bent correctly where one would have to really press said button to get it to fire...and the eventual taking apart and finagling to get said fire button correct, only to bend it slightly out of square and then over time arcing.

Just something I remember reading a while back... no idea if it was remedied or if its a non-issue these days.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
There have been reports of the contact not being bent correctly where one would have to really press said button to get it to fire...and the eventual taking apart and finagling to get said fire button correct, only to bend it slightly out of square and then over time arcing.

Just something I remember reading a while back... no idea if it was remedied or if its a non-issue these days.

Thanks mate I’ll keep an eye on that :vino:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
So you don’t have to go back a page folks

4B5E39AB-23AD-40CB-9EF3-DFCAB8E6CFB8.jpeg

APIWATW #17 KingPin! Edition

Build Info-
Mod- Furyan mechanical Squonker
Atomizer- 24mm Deathtrap RDA
Build - 0.12ohm chunky bastard
Battery- Ijoy 5 legged 20700, Samsung 30Q
Eliquid- N/A

Issues-
1. Torn wrap 20700 (Nadalama)
2. Coil touching the deck (Choderfett)
3. Squonk Pin not installed (Choderfett)
4. 30q does not have the CDR to support the coil resistance safely (Doomsday Vaper)
5. No wick or liquid (Choderfett)
6. No 18650 adaptor (Choderfett) risk using torn 20700
7. 20700 is underrated for this resistance ...wrapper is wildly overrated ...we just don’t know (Choderfett)

Subjective- maintanence
1. 30Q has seen better days (huckleberried) needs heating back down and it’ll be fine (~Don~)
2. Dirty contact = crap performance (vape fan)

Last edited:

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That gold cap battery cap/ squonk bottle screw cap doesn't look like the right one for that mod. The ones for the mod have little handles on them that pop down so you can screw them on.

edit: just realized thats the inside of the cap and that is how it looks. nevermind.

EDIT 2: The battery chamber does not look like it is original to the mod. The one that comes with the mod has a carbon fiber look and unless I'm going crazy that is not a carbon fiber look. Maybe stainless steel?

EDIT 5,982: I'm really grasping at straws here.

Last edited:

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright, I can't edit that original post again without feeling like a complete moron, so I won't. New post new me. Anyways. That coil does not look to be crafted out of material suitable for vaping. It's brown, yet it doesn't look like copper. Not sure. It doesn't seem to be dirty, because the wrap isn't dirty or burnt from pulsing.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Alright, I can't edit that original post again without feeling like a complete moron, so I won't. New post new me. Anyways. That coil does not look to be crafted out of material suitable for vaping. It's brown, yet it doesn't look like copper. Not sure. It doesn't seem to be dirty, because the wrap isn't dirty or burnt from pulsing.

Ok ok hands up I overheated the coil when cleaning it.... it’s not on the list but you and choderfett picked up on it sooooo there’s that :D

The cores are stainless steel ...I’d chuck that coil before vaping on it now ...it’s tainted and will taste like ass if used

It was pretty once

7A6A26D1-4802-4D33-BCE7-1B3DAE8420B6.jpeg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
2 left peeps .....one obvious one and one not so obvious one which is sort of related to something mentioned earlier

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
How do you like that 24mm death trap for flavor and dripping?

it’s alright mate, looks nice for coil shots, machining is glorious ...but it’s a clouds rda first and foremost... to be honest wouldnt make my top 10 flavour RDAs ...having said that still feel I could fine tune it but I prefer using others.

The 30mm is more fun and considering the airflow Makes better use of it with the gargantuan coils you can run ....foggy is understatement

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really cant figure out whats else there is..
the batter cap looks a little different (has four additional holes) then the one i seen online - maybe this was a updated version for venting. *shrug*

Other than that i hope your not looking for something like:
  • the batteries are facing the wrong way since negative should be down or
  • airflow is closed..

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I really cant figure out whats else there is..
the batter cap looks a little different (has four additional holes) then the one i seen online - maybe this was a updated version for venting. *shrug*

Other than that i hope your not looking for something like:
  • the batteries are facing the wrong way since negative should be down or
  • airflow is closed

Your close mate keep drilling on that theme connect the two dots there...airflow doesnt matter cap is off

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
  • The lower dual air hole are just 3.5 mm above deck making it not ideal for dripping.. we’ll just be careful of over dripping..
  • At .12ohms the draw is 35amps. While vaping in short bursts is almost certainly not a problem, but with longer continuous draw that is over the battery's safe limit. That could lead the battery venting/exploding. Basically .12 ohms is way too low and you got damaged battery’s skins that makes it even dangerous.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
  • The lower dual air hole are just 3.5 mm above deck making it not ideal for dripping.. we’ll just be careful of over dripping..
  • At .12ohms the draw is 35amps. While vaping in short bursts is almost certainly not a problem, but with longer continuous draw that is over the battery's safe limit. That could lead the battery venting/exploding. Basically .12 ohms is way too low and you got damaged battery’s skins that makes it even dangerous.

Which battery?

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
already spotted that one

Then it must be the IJOY 5 leg!! Same theory with ref from mooch below..

Mooches comment on that battery:
This is an overrated 20700 cell (20mm diameter x 70mm length) that performs well but not quite as well as the Sanyo NCR20700A. Its appearance is similar to the Panasonic/Tesla cell, with its 5-leg top contact, but I cannot confirm that this is indeed the Panasonic cell. There are differences in the top crimp seal and tooling marks.

This iJoy uses a multilayer paper top ring insulator that should not be exposed to juice or otherwise it could swell and soften, possibly increasing the risk of the insulator being damaged when put into or removed from a device or charger.

I am rating this iJoy at 30A and 3000mAh.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Gonna give you that one well done mate

The thing is with this cell is we don’t know which version it is ...the wrapper is widely overrated there have been multiple revisions and the latest version is only 20amp CDR

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...sion-of-this-battery-hugely-overrated.876371/

As such mooch lists the lowest rating of the lot now for the 5 legged contact - re- wraps can change at any time

I happened to buy the earlier ones but I don’t really know if it’s any good probably best not to use it and go for an OEM at that resistance

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
1 left folks ...choderfett was on the right track earlier ....don sort of mentioned it as well yesterday.... just need to connect the dots

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Furyan has firing button issues
“nut on the 510 pin is slightly off so that the contact in the button will not hit it flush...”

Why’s that an issue? let’s drill down on that one

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The copper plate that makes the connection with the firing button is stretched too far back and may not make a connection when the firing button is pressed.

EDIT: Could cause some arcing and make the button heat up and burn yo fingers

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The copper plate that makes the connection with the firing button is stretched too far back and may not make a connection when the firing button is pressed.

EDIT: Could cause some arcing and make the button heat up and burn yo fingers

True ...with maintanence I could fix that issue so lets put that one down to an extra subjective not on the list

In the meantime what about button if it’s janky and more specifically the lock button ...take a look back at the contact ;)

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True ...with maintanence I could fix that issue so lets put that one down to an extra subjective not on the list

In the meantime what about button if it’s janky and more specifically the lock button ...take a look back at the contact ;)
Looks like even with the lock switch in the up position which should prevent the mod from firing, it very well could still fire and maybe start a fire in your pocket.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Looks like even with the lock switch in the up position which should prevent the mod from firing, it very well could still fire and maybe start a fire in your pocket.

On the right path now :cheers: ...how does that relate to the contact in the pic ?

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the contact in the pic looks like its

the connection in the pic looks like its making contact already ..
Thats what I was saying. It looks like there is some arcing in the battery chamber that is causing that damage to the negative contact of the battery chamber so I'm assuming that is from the switch being in the up position and still making contact you got some battery sparkage.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
It’s nothing to do with the dirty mark on the contact that just needs a clean

But if this was gonna go cause of a short or janky button getting stuck .....

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The battery? I've been harping on the battery all along here lol. Burnt cotton and coil from the button getting stuck which is why your perdy coil looks like its made out of brass? :gaah:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Remember reading about the battery rattle on these also...where the threaded contact just wouldn't snug some batteries, and also some batteries were to long for it to sit flush... where you could place the mod on a table and it would rock about.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Remember reading about the battery rattle on these also...where the threaded contact just wouldn't snug some batteries, and also some batteries were to long for it to sit flush... where you could place the mod on a table and it would rock about.

Want to close this one? You know the answer and this ends tomorrow so no need to create another challenge for closing it.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Once this one is wrapped up we are going to put up the final challenge and go nuts. :) have a really, really good one.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Next person to say "Im a little Brony" gets the roll :)

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I don't think I can do that. I don't know what a brony is and my fragile ego can't take it if it is something really terrible. You guys have already been schooling me in humility with these challenge items.

You quoted it so therefor you are.

APIWATW #17 KingPin! Edition

Build Info-
Mod- Furyan mechanical Squonker
Atomizer- 24mm Deathtrap RDA
Build - 0.12ohm chunky bastard
Battery- Ijoy 5 legged 20700, Samsung 30Q
Eliquid- N/A

Issues-
1. Torn wrap 20700 (Nadalama)
2. Coil touching the deck (Choderfett)
3. Squonk Pin not installed (Choderfett)
4. 30q does not have the CDR to support the coil resistance safely (Doomsday Vaper)
5. No wick or liquid (Choderfett)
6. No 18650 adaptor (Choderfett) risk using torn 20700
7. 20700 is underrated for this resistance ...wrapper is wildly overrated ...we just don’t know (Choderfett)
8. "Im a little Brony" - 88ArDeN88

Subjective- maintanence
1. 30Q has seen better days (huckleberried) needs heating back down and it’ll be fine (~Don~)
2. Dirty contact = crap performance (vape fan)

This will explain a Brony.
https://www.whatisabrony.com/

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
APIWATW Episode 1- Finale Edition

APIWATW-FIN.jpg
APIWATW-Fin-01.jpg APIWATW-Fin-02.jpg APIWATW-Fin-03.jpg APIWATW-Fin-04.jpg APIWATW-Fin-05.jpg APIWATW-FIN-06.jpg

Build info- 100% DIY Shit Show
Issues- Everything
Subjective- Everything

Lets see everyone list this out in terms of issues. Cant wait to explain this train wreck. List them out 1-XX (like all the other ones) and describe them how you will. We will pick the best ones for the roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors