Arizona finally gets hit with a 95% tax

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I received this email from CASAA this morning (You can bet your ass I'll be doing something):

AZ - Opposes a 95% tax on vaping!
A 95% wholesale tax (AB 1517)
on vapor products has been introduced in the Arizona senate.

Such an outrageous tax rate is bad for both businesses and consumers. Not to mention the damaging public health consequences of taking smoke-free alternatives away from former smokers.

It is vital that you TAKE ACTION by urging your Arizona senator to REJECT SB 1517!

Tell your senator that:
  • Extra taxes on vapor products are unjustifiable from a public health standpoint. The state should NOT be discouraging smokers from switching to safer alternatives to cigarettes.

• Share Your Story! Tell them how your life has been affected by using vapor products.

• Urge them to oppose SB 1517. A 95% tax on vapor sends the confusing and inaccurate message that vaping is just as hazardous as smoking.

• Urge them to read the report from the Royal College of Physicians (Nicotine without smoke: tobacco harm reduction).
Who else got a tax this high? Has it been approved?

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
95% WTF? how is this shit even legal?

8dbc6198a136f601a7e2f2b6739106dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hope it doesn't pass. Sure is fuck did in Taxsylvannia !

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Good thing you have been stockpiling Miss Trixy! It is sad that the greedy State of Arizona doesn't realize the extreme harm they will be causing! I guess that really don't care, because once all the Vape Shops have closed their doors, where will they get money from next? Oh they will get it back from Big Tobacco when vapers turn back into cigarette smokers! Greedy Fools!
I really feel bad for MT Baker Vapor who moved from Washington State just 2 years ago because of that State's stance and potential to destroy vaping, so they moved their entire operation to drum roll please- Arizona! Ouch!
I fear that this is the road we are all heading down, I live in NY, worst State besides Cali for taxes- they have been working on legislation here to tax eliquids, also want to limit eliquid flavors to menthol and tobacco, raise the smoking age to 21 and have been trying to get a recall on all ecigs because of explosions. I have been stockpiling, never know what the future holds for vaping, but I want to make sure that I am prepared for the worst!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's all we can do is Stockpile, writing letters is best done on toilet tissue, they are not read, you receive a canned reply which isn't even relevant to the original letter sent....!

Everyone of those politicians are corrupt...!!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I sent an email about this to my ex-husband, who lives in AZ.

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fucktards who introduced this legislation were democrats...arizona is largely republican who have almost always opposed the war on vaping and been our strongest allies...hopefully they will reject this bullshit.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've written to McCain numerous times, I just get canned relies like he nor anyone else even read my message. The reply would state the FDA is now in charge of e-cigs, since they are a tobacco product. I would email the IDIOT back asking if he would answer my fucking question, after 3 canned comments, all exactly the same, my last email to McCain was:

"I nor any family member will ever vote for you again, in my opinion you're worthless"

With Love,
Dale

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've written to McCain numerous times, I just get canned relies like he nor anyone else even read my message. The reply would state the FDA is now in charge of e-cigs, since they are a tobacco product. I would email the IDIOT back asking if he would answer my fucking question, after 3 canned comments, all exactly the same, my last email to McCain was:

"I nor any family member will ever vote for you again, in my opinion you're worthless"

With Love,
Dale
Mc Cain is such a despicable piece of shit we should make him an honorary democrat.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mc Cain is such a despicable piece of shit we should make him an honorary democrat.
He should have been tried for treason, regarding his POW stay......despicable is putting it mildly.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Good thing you have been stockpiling Miss Trixy! It is sad that the greedy State of Arizona doesn't realize the extreme harm they will be causing! I guess that really don't care, because once all the Vape Shops have closed their doors, where will they get money from next? Oh they will get it back from Big Tobacco when vapers turn back into cigarette smokers! Greedy Fools!
I really feel bad for MT Baker Vapor who moved from Washington State just 2 years ago because of that State's stance and potential to destroy vaping, so they moved their entire operation to drum roll please- Arizona! Ouch!
I fear that this is the road we are all heading down, I live in NY, worst State besides Cali for taxes- they have been working on legislation here to tax eliquids, also want to limit eliquid flavors to menthol and tobacco, raise the smoking age to 21 and have been trying to get a recall on all ecigs because of explosions. I have been stockpiling, never know what the future holds for vaping, but I want to make sure that I am prepared for the worst!

That's why I stockpiled. It wasn't for selling, except for the things I got for $3 I've sold on eBay as of late. I have plenty, but I want to purchase more pre-made coils for my tanks. I have PLENTY of wire and cotton and enough mods to provide a small village.

@inspects I'm getting the same canned letter as you. I've visited CASAA frequently as well. 95% tax is just insane. My sister, who is in complete denial, thinks that I'm going to supply her when things go south? Uh, don't think so. And, I have enough DIY to last me a good 20 years. If she wants anything, she'll have to pay.

I hope President Trump gets wind of this in time. He is making good on promises for the first 100 days. After the dust settles, and if the FDA and DEA start making some bold moves, he'll check into it. By the grace of God I hope he does something. Having never smoked, I hope he listens good and hard at the lawsuits and reason we've chosen to vape in the first place.

I'm just glad I don't need B&M's anymore.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
That's all we can do is Stockpile, writing letters is best done on toilet tissue, they are not read, you receive a canned reply which isn't even relevant to the original letter sent....!

Everyone of those politicians are corrupt...!!

You are so right and I have done the same and to me it is all wasted time, sometimes you can't even get through to these people. Then you comment on their FB and get slammed by the anti smoking and antivaping idiots and zealots and their comments! It is an uphill battle and really I see the writing on the wall, the same has happened with cigarettes.
First they tax the crap out of them, a pack of cigs actually cost $2.00 but the state adds their $10.00 tax- so now cigarettes are $12.00 a pack. I used to be able to order my cigs online from the Rez- then credit cards said we couldn't use our CC on cig purchases, and UPS-Fed Ex-USPS refused to deliver cigarettes!
Now that the FDA has deemed ecigs and eliquids tobacco- it was only a matter of time!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I don't think it will be for tobacco. That's one ace the FDA has up their sleeve. Keep the cost of stags low and force those that can't afford to spend hundreds/thousands to prepare for the final ruling back to smoking again.
:finger: FDA

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, Kidney Puncher is in AZ and wondering what they will do. They are one of top sites for quality Vape gear and supplies, this bullshit is really getting on my nerves to the extreme. They're really pushing out all the Vape Industry to overseas, once that has been done expect seizures from Customs. Master Card will not authorize anything Vape related, Paypal is kicking anyone selling Vape gear out (Lawless Driptips the most recent victim) and let's see what Visa does. Visa is decent though but it comes down to what pressure they get from the Big Pharma Whores in Government.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Surprise, Surprise the piece of shit responsible for this is

Athena Salman - Democrat

Fucking Stool Samples in the DNC sure want to appease their Big Pharma masters.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Surprise, Surprise the piece of shit responsible for this is

Athena Salman - Democrat

Fucking Stool Samples in the DNC sure want to appease their Big Pharma masters.
Yet Comwell has yet to see the light.... oh well because of people like him I'm set for the next 15 years and they can all F themselves! I'm sick of this crap I went through it as a smoker now they are hitting my vapeing!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cromwell has no control at all over states that he does not live in. And virtually no control over the state that he does live in.
Why I am also stocked up for 15+ yrs.
The new HR 1136 may give some relief in moving the predicate date. Probably about all we can hope for.

Stock up on nic in the freezer and DIY your own juice.
And do not count on Trump or anyone else to just kill all the vapiing regs or taxes.

Also the new HR 1136 also has upcoming battery regulation.

VU Sponsors