Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Goddammit spread that shit around... I could use some haha! Oh and money. I need that, too, but I'm not asking anyone for that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone 4(2+) using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
3f has the dna60 for $88.99 right now.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
Very true, and I think its a fine device.

Not trusting delivery from China with the current condition shippers are in, especially with USPS being done with vaping devices in 2 weeks... even if I ordered it a month ago... would still be pushing the limits ;)

Which goes for the Bestia Furia Mech I ordered direct from Spain... that's going to be ready in a week... and then Turbo Shipped 2 day, and make it just before.

Now with BMM, if worst comes to worst... I'll have family pick it up direct from Charles and or I'll grab it once I go visit my mum this summer... which coincidentally, probably when I would get it anyway HAHA with how back logged he is... Parents live in Albuquerque, and Charles is in Belen just outside of Albuquerque about 10 miles

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3f has the dna60 for $88.99 right now.
Not to take anything away from any other device under discussion here, but that's a good one for sure. I'm glad I grabbed 2 when I did.
Not trusting delivery from China with the current condition shippers are in, especially with USPS being done with vaping devices in 2 weeks...
...and there is that too.

Although I suspect most stuff will slip through for a while. I'm still glad I got all the stuff from China I did, when I did.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am glad Charles went with my suggestion on the “Joker” BoRat Beta mod.

He asked in his group about waffling it etc.

I said to make it $10 a spot, unlimited, give yourself some shop equipment money.

He made it $10 unlimited, but money for a future BMM project

Anyways, think it’s over $4500 thus far, much better than the $450 he originally was thinking for a single auction type.

Sent from my iPhone 4(2+) using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
614 Entries so far for that BoRat ;)

$6140 - This is why I love the vaping community, especially ones who have a ton of money to burn and a gambling addiction LOL

An item, that probably cost Charles about $600 in design time and Mold Process time, became a nice return for him. He probably doesn't turn a huge profit on the mods themselves since he is not printing them... but this... if he plays it smart can put him closer to buying his own printer.

I really hope he does future designs as such... have a beta one off and does a raffle. It gives the winner a one off special edition beta, it gives Charles some much needed cash flow to keep his business out of the red.

EDIT: He did a live chat today, and exactly what I thought... the money is going towards his own printer... he also was very surprised by the turnout for the mod, along with some anguish due to many people not in the group pestering him and then giving him grief when he declined... anyway, been a part of his group since early 2017 and mostly joined his group due to the New Mexico ties (I went to HS there and my parents live in Albuquerque)

I should PM him about it, and make the suggestion to do a one off twice a year to help pay off said printer lol

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well its done... ordered a Stash 2.1 (21700) in Circuit Pattern with Silver Concrete Button tip combo.

$249.00

Asked Charles if I can pick it up if its ready around late May Early June since I plan to be in Albuquerque visiting my parents...

If not, no biggie...

Really want to pay it now and be done LOL... I much rather not have to put it on one of my Credit Card when I have the funds in my paypal I could use...

CAUSE!

once I transfer those funds, wife sees it and goes OOH... MINE! lol

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
On a previous page on this thread I posted a picture of the 2018 Dober Woof that I scored. Chris Leckness from Billet Box Info commented. This was because I was corresponding with him about some of Billet Box history.

Today Chris has posted an article about Billet Box Blems here: Blem Factory 2nd

Here's a picture of the blem that I scored. The G10 panels are from 2017 and it is an unusual color. There are no other marks or flaws that I can find on this box.

1616066749241.png

BTW @R3alJim Shady one of your posts from 2017 is used in the article.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On a previous page on this thread I posted a picture of the 2018 Dober Woof that I scored. Chris Leckness from Billet Box Info commented. This was because I was corresponding with him about some of Billet Box history.

Today Chris has posted an article about Billet Box Blems here: Blem Factory 2nd

Here's a picture of the blem that I scored. The G10 panels are from 2017 and it is an unusual color. There are no other marks or flaws that I can find on this box.

View attachment 179536

BTW @R3alJim Shady one of your posts from 2017 is used in the article.
Oh man that's really funny. My daughter doesn't even dance anymore so I missed out for nothing!
Wait, does this make me vape famous now?
Thanks for the heads up and the laugh.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Awfully quiet in here lately! Hope you're all doing well.
Anyone use a Bridg'd for MTL? Preferred build and coil position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with the quiet part. :wait:

I personally don't do much MTL and have never tried the Bridg'd that way. I have the OG Bridg'd Finale edition. It comes with a chimney that has a 2mm opening. The standard one is 3.5mm. The additional airflow inserts are 1mm, 2mm, 2.5mm, and 3mm. This doesn't seem to compare very well with the VapeSnail which as 4 insert sizes between 1mm and 2mm.

I did mange to score this on the last drop. I just received it yesterday. I've already removed the authenticity sticker and reprogrammed the DNA60 the way I like it.

1617760491224.png

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Awfully quiet in here lately! Hope you're all doing well.
Anyone use a Bridg'd for MTL? Preferred build and coil position?

Good to hear from you. I'm here, just have settled in to my BB stuff, ao nothing new to really say. I usse the Bridg'd for MTL. All my bridges get the same build because it's easy and I really like it. Simple rounds K 26g, 6 1/2ish wraps. Only pickiness I have found with positioning is if I get it too high I can get dry hits.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with the quiet part. :wait:

I personally don't do much MTL and have never tried the Bridg'd that way. I have the OG Bridg'd Finale edition. It comes with a chimney that has a 2mm opening. The standard one is 3.5mm. The additional airflow inserts are 1mm, 2mm, 2.5mm, and 3mm. This doesn't seem to compare very well with the VapeSnail which as 4 insert sizes between 1mm and 2mm.

I did mange to score this on the last drop. I just received it yesterday. I've already removed the authenticity sticker and reprogrammed the DNA60 the way I like it.

View attachment 180373

Yeah I wish it had more airflow options but the tightest pin is work well for me now. Put a smaller coil in it and the flavor is really popping. I while back I ran it with the 2mm airflow and a SSPP MTL DryPlug in my Delro. Restricted it well but I think flavor was lacking. Much better now.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear from you. I'm here, just have settled in to my BB stuff, ao nothing new to really say. I usse the Bridg'd for MTL. All my bridges get the same build because it's easy and I really like it. Simple rounds K 26g, 6 1/2ish wraps. Only pickiness I have found with positioning is if I get it too high I can get dry hits.

Nice! I'm running the smallest airflow now with a Ni80 38/32 2mm 6 1/2 wrap now. Swapped it out and flavor is much better. I thought filling out the chamber would help but I guess not.
Probably going to flip my VapeSnail over to a RDL once I finish this bottle of 9mg juice I'm running in my Billet now. Never used a BB in RDL so that will be fun I think.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice! I'm running the smallest airflow now with a Ni80 38/32 2mm 6 1/2 wrap now. Swapped it out and flavor is much better. I thought filling out the chamber would help but I guess not.
Probably going to flip my VapeSnail over to a RDL once I finish this bottle of 9mg juice I'm running in my Billet now. Never used a BB in RDL so that will be fun I think.

I've never used one in RDL either, but I don't like anything RDL, so I don't think it would be anything different. Although it sure wouldn't be that hard to give it a shot, laziness may be playing a part :wait:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did everyone see the the new Piebald Whoop Chicken on the Billet Box drop today? What do you think?

View attachment 180529

I didn't score one. I wasn't fast enough. I was able to score a new Dober today. Everything sold out in less than 2 minutes.
How are they still having drops? Isn't it technically illegal? I like that one, but wouldn't strive to get one.

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
How are they still having drops? Isn't it technically illegal? I like that one, but wouldn't strive to get one.
So far all I've noticed is that they've changed there name to BBV Engineering and they now use FedEx for shipping. Shipping is no longer free and has cost me $14.80 for this latest purchase. I did notice some postings on FB with a lesser shipping fee so it must depend on location.

They also released a new silver/grey that is the new 'Billet Box' color.

Hey, as long as they keep going a guy has got to do what a guy can do. Buy more Billet Boxes.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So far all I've noticed is that they've changed there name to BBV Engineering and they now use FedEx for shipping. Shipping is no longer free and has cost me $14.80 for this latest purchase. I did notice some postings on FB with a lesser shipping fee so it must depend on location.

They also released a new silver/grey that is the new 'Billet Box' color.

Hey, as long as they keep going a guy has got to do what a guy can do. Buy more Billet Boxes.
Oh, I agree, and maybe I am not done yet then........ I would really like a Lab Rat....

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did everyone see the the new Piebald Whoop Chicken on the Billet Box drop today? What do you think?

View attachment 180529

I didn't score one. I wasn't fast enough. I was able to score a new Dober today. Everything sold out in less than 2 minutes.
Seeing that I have not purchased a billet box yet I see one of those on the site. Was looking at the silver/gray one and the dober fu too.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well its done... ordered a Stash 2.1 (21700) in Circuit Pattern with Silver Concrete Button tip combo.

$249.00

Asked Charles if I can pick it up if its ready around late May Early June since I plan to be in Albuquerque visiting my parents...

If not, no biggie...

Really want to pay it now and be done LOL... I much rather not have to put it on one of my Credit Card when I have the funds in my paypal I could use...

CAUSE!

once I transfer those funds, wife sees it and goes OOH... MINE! lol
That seems a pretty good price.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder what took them so long? They would have sold more if they had done this a couple years ago.

I'm sure it'll be good. I haven't seen an actually bad SXK product yet I don't think. Them folks got some skills.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Probably took them a long while to finally obtain one to scan?

I still think they are made in China... and maybe they worked a deal for their production to not sell "Clones" for 2 years at a premium, I mean when China makes your stuff, you lose all intellectual rights.

This is my belief why so many clones, and clones of high end stuff sometimes is released before the authentic versions.

But it could just be my first sentence completely.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
These new circuit board switches are an absolute pain in the ass. I hate them with a passion lol. I robbed wired switches from an SXK for now till I get the ones I want.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors