Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The cost is (was) the main appeal

I only toss in simple 28g 2.5mm N80 coils, more than enough clearance for this guy.

I could probably file down the posts, like round the outer corners and tops down a smidge for clearance… but the cap etc went on flawlessly and no issues.

The major downer is the screws… I’ll have to take the ones out and use the slotted ones and maybe that is all it takes for me to like it

It doesn’t vape worse than the others I use, nor vape better, but the QoL of installing a coil is much lower than the others I use.

Once I have to rewick… I’ll give it another go, which is generally every 30ml of liquid.

Only 9ml in this far

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

I did some dualies in mine last build. Ni80 38/32 fused claptons, 2mm ID. Came out to .57 ohms. I like my bigger single coil better.
56503a7bcc48f2c52e214bb57f7e2cd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so I recoiled it, removed the grubs and installed the slotted micro screws... way better.

put in a simple 27g 2.5mm something something wrap coil in, came out to .76Ω vaping well... cut the leads slightly longer this time, to raise it just a smidge... tiny perceivable increase in flavor.

It might just replace the Exo2... for there is a trade off to be made.

1st.. I ran 5 boros fills and the coil was less gunk'ish, which is a plus... on the Exo2 I was rewicking every 7th tank max... I really think this might be able to go to 8-9+ tanks

2nd. Drier ... the Exo2 and how its air flow pin is, allows a tiny bit of seepage, Kerch, no such issue.

Everything else is a push (Minus the Kerch Screws) ... so its a plus 1 for the Kerch

But yeah, those slotted are much better by a MILE! lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol

7c58b9167e797e971c0b74b350b181e3.png

Went back and edited it

It's hard for me to get excited about Mission XV stuff anymore. Same with Wick'd. Too much hype, too much money, not enough product to go around, and just too much damn energy to get.
Don't get me wrong. It looks great and I wouldn't turn it down if it fell into my lap or anything. Just over trying to hunt shit down.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol

7c58b9167e797e971c0b74b350b181e3.png

Went back and edited it

You just leave those of us that prefer a little dress up time alone ;) :tantrum:
It's hard for me to get excited about Mission XV stuff anymore. Same with Wick'd. Too much hype, too much money, not enough product to go around, and just too much damn energy to get.
Don't get me wrong. It looks great and I wouldn't turn it down if it fell into my lap or anything. Just over trying to hunt shit down.

Amen to that.

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I totally woulda went with different panels, but that's just me

You do know that everything is customizable with the mod ? The whole frame etc ! Your buying the internals and a file to have any body made . Also this will probably not be mission limited and will be available to just about anyone with in the group .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You do know that everything is customizable with the mod ? The whole frame etc ! Your buying the internals and a file to have any body made . Also this will probably not be mission limited and will be available to just about anyone with in the group .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, lol. Meant for her, to match her shirt 🤣

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Droppin in to say what up peeps. I haven't been over here in forever. I fell outta the hype for some time. Looks like I'm Fallin back in. Don, jim and the rest of the og's how yall been. And all the new peeps what's good.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Long time no see!

You rock the boat? Waiting for the snow?

Glad you’re safe and I do hope all is and went well for you during the nightmare called 2020

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anybody know of any black,metal integrated tips out there?Only ones I've found is from Konico,and damn they are expensive haha,drip tip and matching button was like $75 after shipping,anything cheaper out there?
Just do the tip and get a button somewhere else? I know they are pricy, but I have to say his intergrated V2 tips are hands down my fav's.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just do the tip and get a button somewhere else? I know they are pricy, but I have to say his intergrated V2 tips are hands down my fav's.
They do look good,I want the button to match though haha.Any other color wasn't priced too bad,but the black is cerakoted so it's more than the others.I may have to learn how to cerakote myself,then just grab a couple JMK sets and coat them myself haha.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They do look good,I want the button to match though haha.Any other color wasn't priced too bad,but the black is cerakoted so it's more than the others.I may have to learn how to cerakote myself,then just grab a couple JMK sets and coat them myself haha.
Hmm, I have quite a few colors of his dt's, Don't remember the black being more. Sure not saying it wasn't, just don't remember. Or maybe he changed the price?

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, I have quite a few colors of his dt's, Don't remember the black being more. Sure not saying it wasn't, just don't remember. Or maybe he changed the price?
Not sure,as I never really looked at them before, the standard colors for tip + button is like $45,but the black is like $62 plus I think it was $10 or so for shipping.Not a terrible price,I'm just a cheap ass haha.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Droppin in to say what up peeps. I haven't been over here in forever. I fell outta the hype for some time. Looks like I'm Fallin back in. Don, jim and the rest of the og's how yall been. And all the new peeps what's good.

Good to see you bud! No complaints here. Life is good. Hope things have been the same for you! Welcome back.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Long time no see!

You rock the boat? Waiting for the snow?

Glad you’re safe and I do hope all is and went well for you during the nightmare called 2020

Rocked the crap outta the boat. It is now all tucked in for the long winter months. I am not ready for snow. Sold my snowmobiles so now I'll be hibernating

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So tomorrow is the BMM open batch for what Charles calls the “OG” group.

He listed it being < 2019 and I saw a lot of people trying to slip through on his post.

Few examples:

X1- Charles responds 2020

Another, let’s call him Joe Blow : June 2019

Does that remotely mean < 2019? I mean do people really think December 31st 2019 and < 2019 mean the same thing? Or am I the only person that reads that as Less than and or before 2019

Anyway… I’ll drop my name in the list since I’ve been in the group since mid 2017

Get another Stash hopefully in “Ribs” with Peak button/tip combo

Not that I “Need” it… I truly don’t need anymore Boro devices… but once the Brig’d2 comes in… I’m going to be a device short.

Any of you Kerch users notice an insane amount of build up in the pyramid? Maybe it’s the Red Pill… but every rewick there is what I would characterize as sediment clinging to the insides that is never present in any other RBA/RTA I’ve used Red Pill in

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

He listed it being < 2019 and I saw a lot of people trying to slip through on his post.

Few examples:

Does that remotely mean < 2019? I mean do people really think December 31st 2019 and < 2019 mean the same thing? Or am I the only person that reads that as Less than and or before 2019

Anyway… I’ll drop my name in the list since I’ve been in the group since mid 2017

Not that I “Need” it… I truly don’t need anymore Boro devices… but once the Brig’d2 comes in… I’m going to be a device short.

Any of you Kerch users notice an insane amount of build up in the pyramid? Maybe it’s the Red Pill… but every rewick there is what I would characterize as sediment clinging to the insides that is never present in any other RBA/RTA I’ve used Red Pill in

Yep, just went to dry burn my first build and my tobacco juice is really built up in there

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Few examples:

Funny, I was in it back in 2017 so I thought about throwing my hat in but thought better of it since I was absent for a a couple years or so. Had a Punk mech squonker back then

I’ll have to look at my Kerch later on. I haven’t noticed any build up, but I haven’t been looking for it either.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, I have a dna 60 skillet that has decided to turn itself down to 5.9 watts. Always when it's resting, and never anything but 5.9. I can turn it back up, vape for a bit, leave it sit, and back down it goes. I have taken the back plate and clickies off, checked everything out. No juice/moisture, nothing seems wrong or sticking. Tried it with multiple plates and clickies, same results. Any ideas at all?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jeff Coutu or Randall Tufts on FB for a board replacement would be all you can do as I see it.

Ugh, Idk what I'll do if it comes to that. Don't have fb, but could get a hold of one way or another. That would require soddering as well though right?

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seen this. Appears to be a proprietary 60w board of some make. Not impressed so far.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seen this. Appears to be a proprietary 60w board of some make. Not impressed so far.

I don’t mind a proprietary chip so long as it performs. I’ll be waiting to see if this one does. If it does and they make another version in white delrin or G10 I’m getting one hands down.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't mind if the chipset only does watts, even if its off 1-3w, what irks me the most about regulated/mosfet mods, is the button failures... what had me stay away from Dovpo and much of all regulated Boro devices for so long.

So if this cheapo has a solid button that can last 500k button presses, to me it would be a 2 year device before the button fails.

I base this calculation solely on me having nearly 45k puffs on my Stash that I got July 23rd LOL

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of proprietary chipsets… leather case for my Boxx arrived today from Indonesia. Not the best quality but he threw in a second brown one for no charge bc he took a couple weeks longer to ship than he said. Not bad. Better then shelling out the money to have it painted.

57e775c8be17234ce9afaf9e21e5ffae.jpg

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of proprietary chipsets… leather case for my Boxx arrived today from Indonesia. Not the best quality but he threw in a second brown one for no charge bc he took a couple weeks longer to ship than he said. Not bad. Better then shelling out the money to have it painted.

57e775c8be17234ce9afaf9e21e5ffae.jpg
That don't look so bad. Better than some I've seen. The boxx is another one I want to try some time.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finding it difficult to find a storage bag for my MTB

I mean there is one, but it costs $90 and made perfectly for my bike, made by the same company as my bike to boot.

But it’s larger than I need.

I need it to be 3” x 7 or 8” x 2.5” with side zipper.

The joys of a much more expensive hobby than vaping

Side note… the boss has a nice deal on an older BB in the classifieds

Fuck I’ll probably break down and buy the Ibis pork chop bag…

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finding it difficult to find a storage bag for my MTB

I mean there is one, but it costs $90 and made perfectly for my bike, made by the same company as my bike to boot.

But it’s larger than I need.

I need it to be 3” x 7 or 8” x 2.5” with side zipper.

The joys of a much more expensive hobby than vaping

Side note… the boss has a nice deal on an older BB in the classifieds

Fuck I’ll probably break down and buy the Ibis pork chop bag…

That’s a fantastic deal on the BB package. I’d consider buying it just for the extras and unloading the BB on its own haha!

Just curious, why do you need the bag to be that size? Storage space?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That’s a fantastic deal on the BB package. I’d consider buying it just for the extras and unloading the BB on its own haha!

Just curious, why do you need the bag to be that size? Storage space?

Yeah within the front triangle the space for a storage solution is limited.

I’ve found a couple options all much cheaper than the factory one.

e64e0cc531032f2144001a21cd9ee8ea.png

Lower part under the rear shock is my water bottle

This was on Tuesday when I picked the bike up

eadf8af0a2e2f49ae99b3a3a874442cc.dng

2021 Ibis Ripley AF PondScum Green

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah within the front triangle the space for a storage solution is limited.

I’ve found a couple options all much cheaper than the factory one.

e64e0cc531032f2144001a21cd9ee8ea.png

Lower part under the rear shock is my water bottle

This was on Tuesday when I picked the bike up

eadf8af0a2e2f49ae99b3a3a874442cc.dng

2021 Ibis Ripley AF PondScum Green

Ah gotcha. That space does look a little smaller than a traditionally designed bike. That’s badass though!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah gotcha. That space does look a little smaller than a traditionally designed bike. That’s badass though!

Yeah… but she’s a ton of fun

Long journey in the weight loss, this is what will help maintain weight (and lose some) with transitioning back to a normal diet.

Yeah it’s been that long Keto

Thought about a street bike, but not much for people and spandex

Plus it’s like owning a Jeep…both off-road and street capable, rather than being pigeon holed into only one

VU Sponsors