Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I got my email for the Brig’d2 finally

Probably be here Tuesday hopefully… only traveling from Henderson Nevada a total of 7h away.

Depends if it makes movement today really…

6cb74ec4ad4ea80285e37d73eb277228.jpg

Nope no movements

Did end u buying another bike though today… much cheaper bike for the wife

425bc4166242e277de246f8ed198ba21.png

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That would make it a game changer. I liked the original but would have liked a more variable output.
What are they priced at?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I finally rewicked my Kerch. I didn’t notice any more buildup on the top cap than I normally get in my Snail. Just thought I’d throw my two cents in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear - Mission stuff is $$$ !
But when I saw these on 3F I thought I'd give them a shot

I love the look and the idea of not relying on the switch pad as it’s definitely a weak spot in the design. I just can’t bring myself to dump more money into my BB haha

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I seen the white and red splatter ones and thought about it. For 3f they are pricey but a third or better less than authentic.

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish they offered the round button ones without the USB port

All the round button ones I've seen are SXK - their boxes have the port, so it would follow that their inners would too. Imho, it's not that big of a deal to run USB inners on a a non-USB box - see my pic above of my Dober.
Maybe this company will release some? I see on 3F today that there's more panel choices - I'm assuming from MK as well.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry I meant the inner panel. I didn’t know SXK sold Mission switch clones without the spot for the USB port

I was looking at them the other day. They have a bunch of color choices, and didn't do the usb cut out on any of them. Sounds like to me the cut out is still there to fit, just not all the way through. They must have had some complaints, because it is written ALL over that these inners will cover usb, lol

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was looking at them the other day. They have a bunch of color choices, and didn't do the usb cut out on any of them. Sounds like to me the cut out is still there to fit, just not all the way through. They must have had some complaints, because it is written ALL over that these inners will cover usb, lol
These WILL NOT fit over the USB - there is not a cutout of any kind. I only fit it by tucking the USB under the main chip - something many warn against because of possible shorting, but I've never had a problem

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
These WILL NOT fit over the USB - there is not a cutout of any kind. I only fit it by tucking the USB under the main chip - something many warn against because of possible shorting, but I've never had a problem
Wow, that is not how it reads on 3f's sight at all.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He is right. If you look at the back of switch inner on the right side there would be a relief cut into it to fit over the USB. It is solid. There is a relief on the other side for the control board wires. But it does say it will cover the usb??

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe just me, but this reads will simply go over. Really glad you posted this, I was thinking about some, but not gonna mess with that. Thanks 👍🏻👍🏻
20211026_092417.png

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He is right. If you look at the back of switch inner on the right side there would be a relief cut into it to fit over the USB. It is solid. There is a relief on the other side for the control board wires. But it does say it will cover the usb??

Yup, and to me cover means go over, not mash into, lol

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I seen where they were coming out with a pulse tank/rba for the boro users but not this.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So a bigger artery pal

21700 is nice… less frequent battery changes, but a larger boro is really what BB’s etc need.

Someone even if China does it… make a universal chimney that is longer to accommodate a taller boro… include some varying orings to fit the wide variety of RBAs and they’d have a true winner.

Otherwise is just another box, under $95 that uses a boro, riding the boro train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So a bigger artery pal

21700 is nice… less frequent battery changes, but a larger boro is really what BB’s etc need.

Someone even if China does it… make a universal chimney that is longer to accommodate a taller boro… include some varying orings to fit the wide variety of RBAs and they’d have a true winner.

Otherwise is just another box, under $95 that uses a boro, riding the boro train.

It’s just kinda sad that a well known reviewer (ok he likes everything and nothing is a con) joins the wave for something like this . IMO shame on him

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It’s just kinda sad that a well known reviewer (ok he likes everything and nothing is a con) joins the wave for something like this . IMO shame on him

Tony’s always been about China and what he likes… he has yet to design or be affiliated with anything I’d even care to own

I think I stopped watching reviews a few years ago… nearly all are shit, and are afraid of being critical because of [HASH=5001]#teamfreeshit[/HASH]

I can tell if something is up my alley from airflow and deck pictures, any questions I’ll ask the source.

I’d be an awful reviewer honestly… have yet to get an RDA/RTA/RBA that didn’t have some shitty thing wrong with it upon opening the package.

I take that back… the Le Concorde… perfect, not a damn thing wrong with it

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Tony’s always been about China and what he likes… he has yet to design or be affiliated with anything I’d even care to own

I think I stopped watching reviews a few years ago… nearly all are shit, and are afraid of being critical because of [HASH=5001]#teamfreeshit[/HASH]

I can tell if something is up my alley from airflow and deck pictures, any questions I’ll ask the source.

I’d be an awful reviewer honestly… have yet to get an RDA/RTA/RBA that didn’t have some shitty thing wrong with it upon opening the package.

I take that back… the Le Concorde… perfect, not a damn thing wrong with it

While I don’t disagree , i get most of these things before most do the reviews. I still love jai his stupid comments just makes me laugh . I have a couple of rdas/rba and rdtas I have no complaints about but after 11 years I’ve dialed them all to my tastes .

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But is it “really” under $100 after shipping from China or taxes and shipping in the US?

Hey, I need this to be under a $100 -TonyB

You got it hoss! $99.99 - China

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jumping off the cliff. Got a aspire box coming a bp insider. Looking at BB's. Waiting to see what is dropping this morning at BB site.
I'm set up on tank's and sbs mods, do need a better squonk MTL rda, 1928 is close but..... So why not try the Billet Boro rabbit hole lol.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But is it “really” under $100 after shipping from China or taxes and shipping in the US?

Hey, I need this to be under a $100 -TonyB

You got it hoss! $99.99 - China

Preorder on 3F for $69.99 if you want to wait until next month. It was 49.99 until someone hit the “OH SHIT” button and changed it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Preorder on 3F for $69.99 if you want to wait until next month. It was 49.99 until someone hit the “OH SHIT” button and changed it.

Funny story.

Years ago I bought a used laptop from Dell’s Ebay Page. $0.99 - it was at that time a $999 laptop.

Delivered in 4 days for the grand total of $15.99 since there was $15 shipping charge.

Once I purchased it and it went through, I was going to buy a couple more… whoever noticed the sale quickly changed the prices

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny story.

Years ago I bought a used laptop from Dell’s Ebay Page. $0.99 - it was at that time a $999 laptop.

Delivered in 4 days for the grand total of $15.99 since there was $15 shipping charge.

Once I purchased it and it went through, I was going to buy a couple more… whoever noticed the sale quickly changed the prices

Yep definitely should’ve grabbed a couple extra haha!
I remember my mom got a pair of Jordan’s for my brother when we were kids for like 20 bucks. They changed that sign REAL fast.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Few of them stuck around a long time this morning, but missed mine. Ah well, next week...... Anyway, what the hell is this?
Screenshot_20211120-094003.png

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jumping off the cliff. Got a aspire box coming a bp insider. Looking at BB's. Waiting to see what is dropping this morning at BB site.
I'm set up on tank's and sbs mods, do need a better squonk MTL rda, 1928 is close but..... So why not try the Billet Boro rabbit hole lol.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
I've tried a ton of bf mtl rda's, nothing touches the 1928 to me. Gets a bit warm with chain vaping, only dislike from me. Idk how many draws I get with those between squonks, but it is a ton, lol
Did you score a BB this morning?

VU Sponsors