nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
They're not as good as the authentic ones and not as consistent either, but I have had no major problems with the SXK boros.

You probably already have some, but just thought I'd throw it out there anyway :)

And yes, boros are just messier on the whole than other devices, but some RBAs are alot worse than others.

There's probably a reason why you didn't say, but dare I ask which one you've been going nose to nose with?

It's a Wick'd Bridg'd Omega clone. I bought two of them, SS and black. The black one is fine, the SS one is trying to drive me crazy. I have not compared them closely to each other, because the black one is already in a tank, too.

I do have a few SXK boros, but none of them are metal. The ones I have seem to be fine, though. Ambition boros aren't bad, either. I have an SXK SpacePod on the way from China. Maybe that one will be ok.

The reason I chose the metal tanks was just for those two particular colors. But really, translucent boros blend well with anything.

Thanks for responding. I was just about beside myself when I posted that.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Spacepod clone is good 👍

Thank you. I can't tell if yours is pink or purple, but it's very close to the color of the one I have ordered. Realized yesterday that I also have a light teal one on the way. Now if a few of my Asia orders would just SHOW UP!

Saw something on one of the orders yesterday that I've never seen before, and I think it probably means there's an SXK BB that I'll never receive. Tracking entry said "US, Have fall to the ground." Well, damn. So much for that hundred bucks plus. You know if they open that package, either it will go right back to China or it will go into some confiscated pile of stuff.

Anyway, hope you all (in the US) have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'll be firing up the kitchen here in a little bit.

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. I can't tell if yours is pink or purple, but it's very close to the color of the one I have ordered. Realized yesterday that I also have a light teal one on the way. Now if a few of my Asia orders would just SHOW UP!

Saw something on one of the orders yesterday that I've never seen before, and I think it probably means there's an SXK BB that I'll never receive. Tracking entry said "US, Have fall to the ground." Well, damn. So much for that hundred bucks plus. You know if they open that package, either it will go right back to China or it will go into some confiscated pile of stuff.

Anyway, hope you all (in the US) have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'll be firing up the kitchen here in a little bit.
Mine is purple and iv just ordered a straight alluminum/silver one for my black bb because this one is working so well. it also took like 40 days to get here lol so don't stress about time haha it had left country of origin and sat in transit to nz for like 30 days stressed me out. With regards to your bb I dont think they are allowed to open a package without grounds for suspicion as its a federal offence to tamper with mail (unless they suspect it of containing illicit contraband) just make sure if they call you and ask you what it is to tell them it's a collectable metal box. Don't mention anything about e cig or they Send it back.

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a very acute love/hate relationship with boro tanks. I *hate* fussing with replacing boro gaskets but have managed to do it several times now with only minimal swearing.

With that said, here are a few thoughts on the boro tanks I own...

Stock BBV tanks - probably the best, most consistent of all sliding glass tanks

SXK tanks - also very good and I have a hard time distinguishing them from the OGs

Limelight AIO tanks - probably my favorite boro tank - they aren't cheap but they are awesome, I have zero complaints with these

Atmizoo SnailTanks - I love these as well but the fill plug tether is a total pain in the ass when it decides to "un-tether". I've cut the tether on several of mine and just have to make sure I don't lose the fill plug when I pop it out.

PRC Proro - excellent tanks but super fiddly when a gasket change is required

There are several new tanks on the market now from Veepon, Cthulu and others. I'm going to give them all a shot at some point.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have a Limelight on the way, too, and second and third SXK Vape Snails. I've had the same issue as you with the tether plug, but it's a far less aggravating issue than leaking or chipping paint.

Thanks for your thoughts!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a Wick'd Bridg'd Omega clone. I bought two of them, SS and black. The black one is fine, the SS one is trying to drive me crazy. I have not compared them closely to each other, because the black one is already in a tank, too.

I do have a few SXK boros, but none of them are metal. The ones I have seem to be fine, though. Ambition boros aren't bad, either. I have an SXK SpacePod on the way from China. Maybe that one will be ok.

The reason I chose the metal tanks was just for those two particular colors. But really, translucent boros blend well with anything.

Thanks for responding. I was just about beside myself when I posted that.
Good grief all this new stuff has come out :D

I only have the white and clear SXK boros and a couple A-tanks. Seems to me offhand that a metal boro would be great as along as the tolerances are dead on. With plastic you'll get a little flex/give.

I have a Wick'd Bridg'd V2 SXK clone. Great RBA.

Is SXK's quality as good as it was a couple years ago? They really upped their game over the course of about a year back then. Even with their Billet Box clones. And then the Sup Box which I love. I have 2 of the DNA 60 variants.

I think it was the Vape Snail I had some serious struggles with at first. I'd have to look back in this thread. @dubya314 might remeber. Don was in the middle of all that too. It was one of those stupid simple forehead smackers that you can't believe you didn't think of right away. That's a fantastic RBA too.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The VapeSnail I've been using has about the best flavor of any atomizer I own, including RDAs. It has some sharp-ish edges and corners, but aside from that the quality is really good. Seems like my Mobb M2 V2 is an SXK also, and it's great, but not as flavorful. SXK Mission Orbit is great after the first batch that had issues with the tank seal, and they leaked like crazy. The ones being sold now are very good.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can anyone give me some advice on removing the screen side plate for the first time on the cerakote? Are there any tricks that will help?
Others will probably have better suggestions, but on my first attempt on the cerakoted version I had to use some gentle heat from a hair dryer and kept prying around all sides

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good grief all this new stuff has come out :D

I only have the white and clear SXK boros and a couple A-tanks. Seems to me offhand that a metal boro would be great as along as the tolerances are dead on. With plastic you'll get a little flex/give.

I have a Wick'd Bridg'd V2 SXK clone. Great RBA.

Is SXK's quality as good as it was a couple years ago? They really upped their game over the course of about a year back then. Even with their Billet Box clones. And then the Sup Box which I love. I have 2 of the DNA 60 variants.

I think it was the Vape Snail I had some serious struggles with at first. I'd have to look back in this thread. @dubya314 might remeber. Don was in the middle of all that too. It was one of those stupid simple forehead smackers that you can't believe you didn't think of right away. That's a fantastic RBA too.
I do remember it, but don't remember exactly what it was. I know for me I could never get the snail to great, just good. I still much prefer the shell to the snail

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dental floss worked like a charm cheers dub. Pretty happy with these got some ano purple screws coming next clear panels.View attachment 199682
Nice! Glad it worked and glad I could help. Looks great man, as I said my all time favorite inners 👍👍 Idk about shipping to you, but vapeology (billi billi) has some insane deals on their clear panels right now.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it was the Vape Snail I had some serious struggles with at first. I'd have to look back in this thread. @dubya314 might remeber. Don was in the middle of all that too. It was one of those stupid simple forehead smackers that you can't believe you didn't think of right away.
I do remember it, but don't remember exactly what it was. I know for me I could never get the snail to great, just good. I still much prefer the shell to the snail
@nadalama
I remembered what it was, Without peeking, which is a real achievement for me these day :D

I had the DTL chimney on it, but one of the tighter MTL airflow plugs for the deck. It was creating internal suction that was pulling excess juice into the chamber.

Once I put the MTL chimney in there it evened out the air pressure and my slurping/flooding/leaking troubles disappeared.

I have the complete SXK kit, from 3F I think it was.

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm aware, lol. I've been trapped for some time now.
I'm aware, lol
Just pick one:
  • “I know there are no words that can ease your pain. Just know that I’ll always be here for you no matter what.”
  • “Thinking of you during this difficult time.”
  • “Sending healing prayers and comfort during this tough time.”
  • “You’re not alone. I’m here to be a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen to anything that you may want to share.”

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm aware, lol
Just pick one:
  • “I know there are no words that can ease your pain. Just know that I’ll always be here for you no matter what.”
  • “Thinking of you during this difficult time.”
  • “Sending healing prayers and comfort during this tough time.”
  • “You’re not alone. I’m here to be a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen to anything that you may want to share.”
Lmfao

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's a massive drop guys that's not normal is it?
Just my opinion, but I don't believe they are going to be able to sell much longer at all, sadly. Couple that with the fact that they are lasting on the site, and I think maybe for the first time they are actually sitting on some inventory they want/need to move. Again, just totally my opinion

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's a massive drop guys that's not normal is it?
They shared on FB that it was a Black Friday sale, first time I've seen it from them. Unfortunately I believe that his refusal to evolve in such a highly competitive market will eventually mean the end of them, this would be a shame since BBV invented the boro mod.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just in a general sense, I've got the feeling that if there's ANY KIND of vape gear a person wants going forward, they'd better be spending some money now. With China going down the drain, most of the rest of the vaping world can't be all that far behind. Small, custom, hi-end shops aren't going to be able to keep the market afloat, and everyone who vapes can't afford to pay the prices they demand.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looking for a recommendation on a good mtl boro set up. I have a 1.0 pin for the Mobb V2 but with the way the chimney is I don't get the draw I'm looking for.

Any experienced suggestions would be appreciated.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Looking for a recommendation on a good mtl boro set up. I have a 1.0 pin for the Mobb V2 but with the way the chimney is I don't get the draw I'm looking for.

It's been years since I vaped MTL with any regularity, but I recently got a 415 (clone) bridge and it's far too tight a draw for me. I can at least say that it's really an MTL device, and as open as I can get the airflow, it's still MTL. Maybe someone else has more experience with it and can weigh in on factors beyond that. I apparently don't have what it takes to get good flavor from the thing, but I'm not above admitting that I don't know what I'm doing trying to dial in an MTL device.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Tried quite a few MTL boro's, the best IMO is the Pioneer Insider, great vape and no leaking, it's the only one I use for MTL now.

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried quite a few MTL boro's, the best IMO is the Pioneer Insider, great vape and no leaking, it's the only one I use for MTL now.
And, if you were ever so inclined, it can also handle some rowdier builds, which is how I use it. They really are probably the best bang for the buck RBAs, period. And with BP Mods, you get a giant bag of spares.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Here's what I think might be the final state of the first SXK BB I got. It has clear SXK panels on it, and they will probably be replaced with some more substantial clear panels, but otherwise, I think I'm finished with it. This is SXK's champagne silver color.

20221211_113737.jpg

20221211_113641.jpg

Thanks to @bx10r for the beautiful pearl button!

I am thrilled with the way it turned out.

Last edited:

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's what I think might be the final state of the first SXK BB I got. It has clear SXK panels on it, and they will probably be replaced with some more substantial clear panels, but otherwise, I think I'm finished with it. This is SXK's champagne silver color.

20221211_113737.jpg

20221211_113641.jpg

Thanks to @bx10r for the beautiful pearl button!

I am thrilled with the way it turned out.
Very clean! Those screws are the perfect color for that box.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I see today that there's a banner on the Billi Billi Store's website, that they are closing on the 31st. @gadget! in case you aren't familiar, the website is vapeology.eu

70% off is still in effect, so grab the stuff you need while they're still shipping. A lot of nice things have already sold out.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know a way to get ahold of MUMS fantasy factory other than email? I have an order from a month ago. Got conformation, CC billed, and nothing since. I have sent 3 or 4 emails since with no response.

VU Sponsors