Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm now Grandpa Goph! My daughter had her baby boy last night at 8:21PM. He's 6lbs 14oz and 21.5in. My daughter had to have a c-section, but she and the baby are doing fine!

View attachment 177710
Big Congrats Friend! Id be happy to catch a Trout half that size! :giggle:
Awesome Goph...jokes aside.
I hope absolutely that in this crazy dangerous time they stay safe and well. :)?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm now Grandpa Goph! My daughter had her baby boy last night at 8:21PM. He's 6lbs 14oz and 21.5in. My daughter had to have a c-section, but she and the baby are doing fine!

View attachment 177710
congrats ya olde bugger! :D

I was never meant for children, nor can I have any. Which is good.
I can barely handle a cat that I understand better than humans, but I can appreciate having children for others.

Last edited:

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
congrats ya olde bugger! :D

I was never meant for children, I can barely handle a cat, but I can appreciate them.
CAFF did you see millie this morning..
she is such a GOOD GIRL
to cute.gif
shes sharing

{{ when i stumbled across that i thought WOW that looks just like caffs millie}}

and CONGRATS GRANDPA GOPHER~
your going to spoil that child. what a sweety.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nayh, that is not like Milly, more of a Serval mix. Thx though.

She would eat yer face. So fuck off and stop with the veiled redneck BS comedy eh?
Talk like a human.

I know who you are. ECF since 2012 FTW... You didn't like me then either, nor Steve or others.... =)

I came to ECF first as a new vaper...it was a mistake...it was corrected. I am not that person anymore.
I also will not deal with BS....I have nothing to lose.

Last edited:

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

She would eat yer face. So fuck off and stop with the veiled redneck BS comedy eh?
Talk like a human.

I know who you are. ECF since 2012 FTW... You didn't like me then either. =)

I came to ECF first as a new vaper...it was a mistake...
BUT I DO LIKE YOU..
an MILLY to...
sorry was never at ecf???
have only ever talked here..
so think you may have confused me with someone else.

{{ give me a link to what your referring to I wanna read my doppleganger }}

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BUT I DO LIKE YOU..
an MILLY to...
sorry was never at ecf???
have only ever talked here..
so think you may have confused me with someone else.
you have a funny way of liking.

Like Steve, u tend to mock or redicule, while you comment. I guess yer jus better than me.

Except, I'll be alive loooong after yer dead. :)

Not sorry.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
you have a funny way of liking.

Like Steve, u tend to mock or redicule, while you comment. I guess yer jus better than me.

Except, I'll be alive loooong after yer dead. :)

Not sorry.
YES AM OLD.. so i aint got long..
so give me that link before its to late...

geezzzzzzzzzzz
btw steve cracks me up

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Talk like a human.

I know who you are. ECF since 2012 FTW... You didn't like me then either, nor Steve or others.... =)

I came to ECF first as a new vaper...it was a mistake...it was corrected.
Im a bit confused here..
Bunny to me as far as I have known is a very nice person!
I get that maybe you are maybe having a joke that to us in Oz is not got by us.
All im seeing is Bunny in that post to you being nice and having a joke.
Yeah Bunny mucks about and when I came here thought and asked her "what on earth are you saying?" But I now know Bunny personally and know she is a good person.
Sorry if I got your reply wrong, and I am seriously sorry if I did. But if not then I will stand up for my friend Bunny. She is a good person in all ways. Yeah she mucks around saying stuff but she has a solid gold heart.
Again, maybe I lost the joke between you both and im stupid, but if I didn't please make up.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Im a bit confused here..
Bunny to me as far as I have known is a very nice person!
I get that maybe you are maybe having a joke that to us in Oz is not got by us.
All im seeing is Bunny in that post to you being nice and having a joke.
Yeah Bunny mucks about and when I came here thought and asked her "what on earth are you saying?" But I now know Bunny personally and know she is a good person.
Sorry if I got your reply wrong, and I am seriously sorry if I did. But if not then I will stand up for my friend Bunny. She is a good person in all ways. Yeah she mucks around saying stuff but she has a solid gold heart.
Again, maybe I lost the joke between you both and im stupid, but if I didn't please make up.
reaches over with a little smack.....
""you aint gotta say nothing...""
don't wanna have all this end up in a squabble..

cuz I like caff..
NO NOT LIKE I WANT HIS BODY like..
like as in he's fun
he like race cars an sports and cooking and has a BIG heart for a kitty
whats NOT to like about that..

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
reaches over with a little smack.....
""you aint gotta say nothing...""
don't wanna have all this end up in a squabble..
Thanks..
But lifes too short.
If I have learnt anything, and I'll readily admit that I have many regrets in my life it's this.
Hate is a cancer. Hate serves no good.
Im gonna still like you both. That wont change @DaBunny & @CaFF
But I hope and wish you both can bury the hatchet, find some common ground and find peace towards each other.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks..
But lifes too short.
If I have learnt anything, and I'll readily admit that I have many regrets in my life it's this.
Hate is a cancer. Hate serves no good.
Im gonna still like you both. That wont change @DaBunny & @CaFF
But I hope and wish you both can bury the hatchet, find some common ground and find peace towards each other.
burry da hatchet.jpgembarrased.gif

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

View attachment 177710

Beautiful daughter and baby, Goph! Congrats again!

Please pass along to your daughter to FOLLOW HER DOCTOR'S INSTRUCTIONS when it comes to that c-section. I had three of those - and when they say to rest, not lift heavy things, stay off the stairs, don't drive, etc., they really mean it. Takes a while to recuperate. She shouldn't push herself too hard.

So glad they are both ok!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

First, congrats Grandpa Goph!!! Beautiful baby and family!

Hubby is still in ER, good drugs going by his phone calls. If stone doesn't pass soon, they will go in and blast it this afternoon. Said it's large and could cause some damage if it keeps starting and stopping it's travels through. Hubby just wants it all over with. Jessie and I had a girl's night in. She's not happy about Hubby not being here, she snuggled and stayed close.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

Hubby is still in ER, good drugs going by his phone calls. If stone doesn't pass soon, they will go in and blast it this afternoon. Said it's large and could cause some damage if it keeps starting and stopping it's travels through. Hubby just wants it all over with. Jessie and I had a girl's night in. She's not happy about Hubby not being here, she snuggled and stayed close.

Hope your husband gets sorted out soon. Hope they are keeping him as comfortable as possible.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

Hope your hubby get's that stone passed with minimal pain!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Morning!

Sending thoughts and healing prayers to your hubby that the stone passes quickly and that he is home soon!

:hug:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning

Update - got Hubby home late yesterday, with catheter. Procedure didn't work, have to take him back Monday to try again. I sure hope it works 'cuz that catheter is a real pain for both of us! He's feeling a bit better so far, pretty tired though. Thank you all for your well-wishes! Jessie is sticking to him like velcro.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning

Update - got Hubby home late yesterday, with catheter. Procedure didn't work, have to take him back Monday to try again. I sure hope it works 'cuz that catheter is a real pain for both of us! He's feeling a bit better so far, pretty tired though. Thank you all for your well-wishes! Jessie is sticking to him like velcro.

Hope that both cathatar and Stone come out soon. Without too much suffering for either of you

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

All is going ok here. Supposed to get to 70* today! Jessie is still being pretty clingy with Hubby, she really didn't like him being gone. He's loving it, too. I need to get some laundry done and some chores, maybe clean out some tanks. You guys in snow country be careful!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
We've been getting some snow off and on here since last night, but the temp is hovering right around 32 degrees. One minute it's falling as rain, the next it's big flakes of snow, then little flakes of snow, then more rain. Not amounting to much.

Had a scare with my daughter, but her test came back negative, thank goodness. Now they get to figure out what's going on with her, but at least it isn't Covid.

Everyone please stay safe.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Likely off work today & Thursday. Today, I got a one hour session for talk therapy. It is scheduled at just the right time to foul up the rest of the day so not expecting called out. Thursday my ride is occupied so I need to be off.

Got a decent crew in three or four schools. Hoping I'll get bumped over to their crew as a preferred substitute, eventually full timer. Better able to relax into the work at these schools and with this crew. Other schools got people way too bossy, who don't get there's no real advancing, so no need to climb over one another.

Know it may sound like I'm describing a "dead end" job. It really isn't. You can learn and grow for the sake of learning & growing while working. What you learn you can apply to move on a bit with the job. For instance, custodian can bump up to maintenance.

My trouble being knowing "hey don't do somebody else's job". I cross train at whatever I do and got no problem doing whichever position. But I need to recall I'm on a team, others do other tasks in the job. For example if I work as custodian need to recall I don't do maintenance & vice versa.

Even as custodian I need to let others do the work, too. I go on autopilot and try cleaning a school when all I'm tasked is a hall. *chuckles* The work is broken down so no one gets overwhelmed. I just need to learn how to handle that at times.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Likely off work today & Thursday. Today, I got a one hour session for talk therapy. It is scheduled at just the right time to foul up the rest of the day so not expecting called out. Thursday my ride is occupied so I need to be off.

Got a decent crew in three or four schools. Hoping I'll get bumped over to their crew as a preferred substitute, eventually full timer. Better able to relax into the work at these schools and with this crew. Other schools got people way too bossy, who don't get there's no real advancing, so no need to climb over one another.

Know it may sound like I'm describing a "dead end" job. It really isn't. You can learn and grow for the sake of learning & growing while working. What you learn you can apply to move on a bit with the job. For instance, custodian can bump up to maintenance.

My trouble being knowing "hey don't do somebody else's job". I cross train at whatever I do and got no problem doing whichever position. But I need to recall I'm on a team, others do other tasks in the job. For example if I work as custodian need to recall I don't do maintenance & vice versa.

Even as custodian I need to let others do the work, too. I go on autopilot and try cleaning a school when all I'm tasked is a hall. *chuckles* The work is broken down so no one gets overwhelmed. I just need to learn how to handle that at times.
No job is useless mate. The world looks at sports players as elite, movie actors as super stars! I see them as ok to watch but as essential!? Your kidding me, the world will keep turning without them. They are just peripheral nobodies! A garbage truck driver is essential, a Doctor, Nurse, Baker, Firefighter, Lollypop crossing worker for school kids, teacher etc etc...
The world is off tap to me. Your job and others are real jobs. People who pick up rubbish are more important to me than any stupid vain celebrity or play with a ball making millions playing a kids game full stop. An actor, its just pretend lets get real, a sports STAR....really!? They are just playing a game! Not saving lives and if they vanished the workd will keep turning. Cleaners, street cleaners, rubbish collectors, etc....they go and......
Never underestimate yourself.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys, gals, having some issues my end. Cant post pictures and some posts not showing up. Im gonna let my net credit run out which it will tommorow then try hooking up again with a renewed account as im having issues in other places too on the net. See ya's down the track and stay safe. (My phone and internet has gone stupid)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No job is useless mate.
The world is off tap to me. Your job and others are real jobs. People who pick up rubbish are more important to me than any stupid vain celebrity or play with a ball making millions playing a kids game full stop. An actor, its just pretend lets get real, a sports STAR....really!? They are just playing a game! Not saving lives and if they vanished the workd will keep turning. Cleaners, street cleaners, rubbish collectors, etc....they go and......
Never underestimate yourself.

I wasn't really doing that. What I was meaning is the job has little room to advance. You clean. Cleaning is simply moving dirt / rubbish. It is a secure job. There's always going to be a mess, dirt, rubbish.

You really cannot become a "master" custodian and gain advantage over other custodians. It's all just cleaning. Yes, there is quality cleaning I can admit. But ultimately it's the same work.

You can though advance by learning maintenance, HVAC and such. There is even now an option to move up into an NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) cleaner, risk management person. That gets into more of an administrative, trainer role though.

Not underestimating, merely feeling comfortable where I am. Yes, I want to move into full time. That would be lovely, having an actual weekly schedule. Might I get into learning maintenance, HVAC? Eh, maybe but for now I'm doing well earning ~$17.50 USD hrly. The national average is ~$12.50 hrly so yes, doing pretty good.

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I see some of you were having issues yesterday. We were in the process of moving to a new server which could have caused some of your issues. The move is complete now. If you are still having issues please report them in the BUG THREAD.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Hubby is doing better, healing from the "invasion", lol. Jessie is relaxing more, letting him get out of her sight. She's less clingy. Still tries to smother him when he sleeps.
Looks like the sold front is coming for us here, need to get my grocery order placed.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's more like this, a knife with a smallish handle and a really long blade that isn't very wide. It's different from a filet knife. This pic is fairly close, and this company calls it a "fish knife," so I guess that's what it is.

View attachment 177439

The handles of mine are like this, but the knife types aren't embossed on the ends and the set isn't this large:

View attachment 177440
Looks like a Lox / Smoked Salmon knife...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Worked last night 3 to 11. Left at 10:30-ish as we had gotten finished. The school board budgets the time. You work it and can get out just a bit early if you're done. They don't really care.

Got to work 10:30 - 2 today. I'll be tending to clean up for lunches. It's a crap shift as the lunches can be kind of brutal. Oh well it pays good. :)

Ordered a new translucent Wasp Nano this morning. Know it'll ship after Feb 18th. Not too concerned, merely want another Wasp for an Athena box. It'll get here. Nice that it is priced for under $12.

Well, y'all run 'er slow. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not THAT cold here, but we're working on 4F lows and down to -20F WC temps soon....woke up to about 15F. (I'm at much higher elevation than the downtown area)

IMG-20210210-064901.jpg

I like it. Milly, not so much...she's pissed she can't hang out in the windowsills because they are too cold.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not THAT cold here, but we're working on -4F lows and down to -20F WC temps soon....woke up to about 15F. (I'm at much higher elevation than the downtown area)

IMG-20210210-064901.jpg

I like it. Milly, not so much...she's pissed she can't hang out in the windowsills because they are too cold.

Well, if you were doing like you ought to, hooman, you'd have a heating pad with a towel over it up there in that windowsill.

What are you THINKING, man? Tighten up! lol

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Today is my 7 year vapeversary! Never thought I could do it, but you guys made such a difference for me, so thank you! Hubby told me to get myself an anniversary gift, so I'm off to shop for a tank or two.
Hubby is doing better, he's finally eating better. Jessie is such a good nurse. She still doesn't trust me when I leave with him, she's not sure that I'll bring him back. She did NOT like him being gone for 2 days!

Stay safe and healthy (and warm!) :hug:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

Today is my 7 year vapeversary! Never thought I could do it, but you guys made such a difference for me, so thank you! Hubby told me to get myself an anniversary gift, so I'm off to shop for a tank or two.
Hubby is doing better, he's finally eating better. Jessie is such a good nurse. She still doesn't trust me when I leave with him, she's not sure that I'll bring him back. She did NOT like him being gone for 2 days!

Congrats on the vapeversary @misswish! Welcome to the 7 year club. :stars2:

I'm glad hubby is doing better!

Doomsday Vaper

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Congrats

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Morning!

Congrats on your 7 year Vaperversary- Awesome

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
:hearts:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Woohoo!!

congrats_kitty.gif

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Racin' again finally....the 2nd and last Dual at Daytona to set the field for the Big One. No holes will be barred. =)

Snap1270.jpg

Drinking Natty Lite and munching all-beef corndogs with a DIY Mustard/Reaper sauce, as is proper.

c334bd5ff8cf22e4e55c19b036d1.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, don't care what weather says, it's fuckign cold.
This is my LR temp now....and it's only 2am. Havens seen it that low in like 5 years.
Time to put facets on slow drip...

IMG-20210212-015658.jpg

I'm struggling to keep our little bedroom that IS heated above 70.
We'll be fine ..we snuggle and have many blankets. Milly is lost inside a queen-size flannel sheet I gave her. And I just changed sheets to microfiber with a thick comforter. We'lll be fine. Just brrrr..

Milly is not dumb, when it gets COLD, she'll snuggle the fuck outta me under the covers. Together, our heat is greater than alone.. Simple woodsmanship that she knows.

Cold cannot kill me short of cell death.

It tried at -54F in BC, not counting wind chill in a blizzard, wearing just a t-shirt, sweater, and leather jacket, and it failed. I walked 2+, miles home in a blizzard, to find my parent NOT HOME and I had to shelter in a shed with cardboard.. Sadly, I lived.

I do think i can die. which sux. I've tried it all short of munitions and firepower for 30yrs.

By belife, i do not think I can kill myself, and get away with it. It is a coward's way out in all civilatations.If I am dead, do contact the appopiate agenci...I mean that as they may know somethings.
My things, please take care of them. They mattered. Some also valubale to u hogs

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!
Thanks you all for the well wishes! Yes, I am proud of myself, thought I'd be buried with a smoke in my hand.

Gopher, what a beautiful baby! So happy for you.

Caff, snuggle up good with Milly, the purrs are so sweet. Stay warm!

We are getting the cold, too. Supposed to get down to 1*!!!!! We're in the damned desert here! We went and got our first Covid shots this morning, bundled up really well. Not giving up getting those. Stopped a the store and got the makings for a pot of soup and salad stuff. Now we're going to hibernate until Monday or Tuesday.

Stay safe and healthy and warm :hug:

VU Sponsors