Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Things are going ok here, it will be awhile for Hubby to get back to normal. Well, he's never normal, lol. He's is down to 111 lbs, usually about 150 - 160. This year has been pretty hard on him. Saw the doctor yesterday, he put him on glucerna shake stuff. Jessie is spending much time out on the deck, she is loving having warmer weather. We got her a cat tunnel to play with, she loves running through it, and chasing toys-on-a-string. Still very much a daddy's girl.

Nada, that dinner sounds so good!

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

Things are going ok here, it will be awhile for Hubby to get back to normal. Well, he's never normal, lol. He's is down to 111 lbs, usually about 150 - 160. This year has been pretty hard on him. Saw the doctor yesterday, he put him on glucerna shake stuff. Jessie is spending much time out on the deck, she is loving having warmer weather. We got her a cat tunnel to play with, she loves running through it, and chasing toys-on-a-string. Still very much a daddy's girl.

Nada, that dinner sounds so good!

If your husband has been that ill, that could very well explain why Jessie is joined to him at the hip. Cats who have been in a household a while have a very keen sense of when people are sick. I've had several like that, who would just follow me around everywhere and lie down in my lap every time I sat down in a chair, or scooch up to me when I got in bed, when I wasn't feeling good.

I had some fairly extensive oral surgery one time and was anesthetized for it. Then the pain meds I got kept me asleep for about the next three days. Every time I woke up (usually only for bathroom trips) my cat was laying on my belly or was right next to me, as close as he could get, for that entire three days.

People who don't know cats think they are aloof and disassociated. My experiences over the years couldn't have been more different than that.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If your husband has been that ill, that could very well explain why Jessie is joined to him at the hip. Cats who have been in a household a while have a very keen sense of when people are sick. I've had several like that, who would just follow me around everywhere and lie down in my lap every time I sat down in a chair, or scooch up to me when I got in bed, when I wasn't feeling good.

I had some fairly extensive oral surgery one time and was anesthetized for it. Then the pain meds I got kept me asleep for about the next three days. Every time I woke up (usually only for bathroom trips) my cat was laying on my belly or was right next to me, as close as he could get, for that entire three days.

People who don't know cats think they are aloof and disassociated. My experiences over the years couldn't have been more different than that.

SO true. Anyone who knows the Milly and Me saga has seen how a wild and asocial cat that the Humane Society couldn't get rid of turned out to be like this, eventually:

IMG_20210224_172137.jpg

Sure, she pisses me off on a daily basis, but she's very high-energy and won't be 3yo until Sept. She's a kid.

I don't get sick much, but if I'm feeling crappy or bummed, she'll come up and head-butt me and purrrrr like HEY, I'M HERE!!! And there's not much better than curling up with a purring snuggle-cat. 😻

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Went to Dollar Tree and Petco for things, went a bit overboard but it's beautiful out today and soon won't be again. Get shit while ya can. ;)

Got good things, and that blaze orange neoprene glasses case may save my $$$ glasses from a rouge kitteh's attentions. She's already found a way to get them out of their existing case and chewed on the ends of an earpeice. Arrgh. That $1 zipper-up case will keep her out of them. :D

That heavy duty duct tape is what holds parts of my fridge together and my i3 laptop with the busted frame clips. It's basically Gorilla Tape for 1/10 the price. VERY strong and, it's industrial black.
darklaugh.gif

The hat is immaculate and adjustable...same as one you'd pay $20+ for at any store. Same as those socks I love. The black ones breathe with a 'mesh' top section and are so comfy. Two pairs for a buck...try that at Wal-Mart. The stripey ones I just got for fun.. ;)

Also, they have fig bars...I friggin' love those.

Got Milly her litter, and two kinds of Tiki-Cat wet food so I can actually sleep overnight.
One is chicken and lamb and the other is pumpkin and wild tuna. She actually likes 'em.

I just love shopping for dealz.
moonwalk.gif

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Energy drink for old farts:

IMG_20210226_121338.jpg

Yup. I'm even watching golf now too.. While wearing Dickies work pants, a Five Brothers plaid work shirt, Dearfoams slippers, and a cardigan sweater. Munching on Fig bars.

Old fart confirmed. old_man.gif

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya don't know how hard it is to get ESPN3....without cable or paying for a sub I'd rarely use. Turns out my Xfinity Essentials creds work. ;-)

Snap1351.jpg

Man, these teams are SO BAD it's funny. And the commentary is also funny.
It's like watching HS football with college teams. xD

Snap1353.jpg

Milly is leaning wayy off her dresser perch to try and watch. without having to actually move....lol...

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Yep, I agree! Jessie is a very good nurse, she keeps him moving even when he doesn't want to. She goes to Hubby for the scheduled treats, for play time. Gets him up in the morning, keeps him company while he's on the computer & TV. She keeps him from running me ragged! He'll do most anything for her.

Caff, that looks like a good haul!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ya don't know how hard it is to get ESPN3....without cable or paying for a sub I'd rarely use. Turns out my Xfinity Essentials creds work. ;-)

View attachment 178675

Man, these teams are SO BAD it's funny. And the commentary is also funny.
It's like watching HS football with college teams. xD

View attachment 178681

Milly is leaning wayy off her dresser perch to try and watch. without having to actually move....lol...

You know, right, that your cat is convinced she is a person? Either that, or she thinks you are a huge cat. Head bops are just about the ultimate expression of affection between cats, so the latter must be the case.

In Milly's mind, cats love sports. Nuthin wrong with that. It's sweet how simpatico you two are. <3

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bought and assembled a new shelving unit to clear up some clutter.
$18 at HF and I'm happy with it...no tools required.

GiRt2fIl.jpg

Milly not caring about it...lol...The Princess on her Royal Pillow.

s7BF05il.jpg

It's nice day out today with a high of about 53F, currently 45-ish and sunny. Good day for a walk.
That, and Milly needs cat fūd. :D

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I scored at thrift today...bigtime.

• Extreme cold weather pants like I've wanted for years. Milspec stuff with Primaloft. (I think retail is $300) $15
  • One of the most beautiful scarves I've ever seen. It feels like silk...but no labels. Same patterns in different colors on each side..how is that possible? It's like holding something not made by humans, almost have reverence for the thing. $2
  • And a major score...I finally got a carrier for Milly. It's $herpa brand and not only did she go into it on her own, she liked being in it. $6
  • And, a simple yet classic American pint glass by Libby. Not the thin stuff. $0.50

Much pix: HERE

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Y'all, @ProlineVaper is in the hospital.

"I was working off the clock doing some maintenance on the paint booth as a private contract for my boss. Ladder slipped out from under me and I fell about 25 feet. Hospital bills are on my insurance, but my boss is paying my deductibles for me.

6 vertebrae fractured, broken 1st rib, broken clavicle, and multiple bruised ribs.

I love messin with the nurses here....

They have an alarm on my bed, so every time I get out of bed it's like someone called the swat team....lmao! Needless to say, I refuse to "ask" to go to the bathroom...and every time I get up the whole nursing staff comes running! Oh they just love me here!
😆

Needless to say the road to recovery will be a long one. How about some warm wishes & a little fun to keep him smiling on his happy meds?
Please tag him in your post so he sees ya!

1614793831282.png

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Y'all, @ProlineVaper is in the hospital.

"I was working off the clock doing some maintenance on the paint booth as a private contract for my boss. Ladder slipped out from under me and I fell about 25 feet. Hospital bills are on my insurance, but my boss is paying my deductibles for me.

6 vertebrae fractured, broken 1st rib, broken clavicle, and multiple bruised ribs.

I love messin with the nurses here....

They have an alarm on my bed, so every time I get out of bed it's like someone called the swat team....lmao! Needless to say, I refuse to "ask" to go to the bathroom...and every time I get up the whole nursing staff comes running! Oh they just love me here!
😆

Needless to say the road to recovery will be a long one. How about some warm wishes & a little fun to keep him smiling on his happy meds?

View attachment 178909

Jeez, a fall like that could've easiliy been fatal, or worse. :(

Glad he's "ok" and still feisty. :)

Can't believe they let him vape in a hospital, you can't vape within 50' of any public doorway here much less inside a public building. (a few bars look the other way, but not many as it's a state ban)

Nurse Milly Sez:

get-well-soon-14.jpg

Last edited:

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon

Can't believe they let him vape in a hospital, you can't vape within 50' of any public doorway here much less inside a public building. (a few bars look the other way, but not many as it's a state ban)

Nurse Milly Sez:

get-well-soon-14.jpg
Lol....

Just ain't been caught yet. 😂😝😊

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Just a few years ago, I was allowed to vape in my "patient's room", since they had a policy in place to permit it since it was "smoking abatement". Since then, the liberals and tobacco lobby have made great headway in removing our privileges.
More power to Edwin to vape as long as he doesn't get caught. Something tells me they'll really hate him if they take away his hardware.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol....

Just ain't been caught yet. 😂😝😊
Wow, that was a long drop mate.
Noticed the Spiro test on the finger. You see any difference when you vaped 🤔

All the best for your recovery and hopefully no lasting damage 👍

Cheers guys, here's to a swift recovery for Proline and a g'day m8 to Smigo. :D

I made a homemade pizza tonight, can't have that without an adult beverage.

Breaking in my new-to-me vintage Libby 'pint' glass with a half 'n half of two of my faves: Full Sail's Session Lager, and this:

P1050984.jpg

Skol bros!! :cheers:
I know, it's mixed and not layered proper, no worries.

IMG_20210303_181857.jpg

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@ProlineVaper I hope you get the very best care and can be up and about soon. What a helluva thing to happen, my god!!!!!

Make them bring you plenty of ice cream. 😂 and for heaven's sake, let them help you get back and forth to the bathroom. You don't want to be sorry later.

Get well soon!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OMG, this is too funny...:giggle:

Like most who've been online a loooong time, I get spammed, attacked, and threatened with Anon stupid shit daily. My host/server's security filters nearly all of it out, but some make it through.

This one was fucking hilarious...I just had to share. (I don't have a webcam nor am I on any social networks)

Screenshot from 2021-03-03 21-36-54.png

"She" is sonic308-48.consmr.mail.sg3.yahoo.com (not puttin an IP cuz rules and it'd be futile)
So, she right about that.

Hax yahoo mail, who'd a thunk it? Nobody in their right mind uses that anymore. 😁

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Cheers guys, here's to a swift recovery for Proline and a g'day m8 to Smigo. :D

I made a homemade pizza tonight, can't have that without an adult beverage.

Breaking in my new-to-me vintage Libby 'pint' glass with a half 'n half of two of my faves: Full Sail's Session Lager, and this:

View attachment 178927

Skol bros!! :cheers:
I know, it's mixed and not layered proper, no worries.

View attachment 178928
Hi to you too Caff. All good here though got bitten by a "something insect" 2 days ago. Thought it was ok but...... :oops:..... its gone a bit south since then.
Went and saw the Dr and was given antibiotics it felt and looked that bad. The Dr even said "that looks agressive!" Dull throbbing pressure pain. I'll spare everyone a picture of it though.
Have been bitten and stung by many spiders and things in the bush over the years but this was the quickest nastiest reaction ever. Smothering it in antihistamine type cream and hopefully with that and the antibiotics it goes away.
Everything hates us humans here in Oz I'm sure of it :giggle:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Nothing exciting going on here. Down to 63*, and windy. We are going nowhere today. Just do a few chores and veg out. It's an early start on the weekend, right?

@ProlineVaper - wow, that was a nasty fall! So glad it wasn't worse, and you are getting the care that you need. Prayers for your full and fast recovery.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi to you too Caff. All good here though got bitten by a "something insect" 2 days ago. Thought it was ok but...... :oops:..... its gone a bit south since then.
Went and saw the Dr and was given antibiotics it felt and looked that bad. The Dr even said "that looks agressive!" Dull throbbing pressure pain. I'll spare everyone a picture of it though.
Have been bitten and stung by many spiders and things in the bush over the years but this was the quickest nastiest reaction ever. Smothering it in antihistamine type cream and hopefully with that and the antibiotics it goes away.
Everything hates us humans here in Oz I'm sure of it :giggle:
Damn, I guess it coulda been worse, considering some of the creatures ya have there. But still doesn't sound too fun...hope ya recover alright man. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gah..I really don't have much room for more meat, but lookie this:

Screenshot from 2021-03-05 10-16-35.png

Screenshot from 2021-03-05 10-17-23.png

I want that roast in my crockpot NOW. That's cheaper than hamburger and I love Angus beef. :D
Plus, that boneless pork loin and chicken is what Milly eats. And she eats a lot. 😸

Now that I have the new electric grinder, I can make several pounds of her meat-food at a time. Stored pressed flat in gallon bags in the freezer, they take up nearly no space.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Damn, I guess it coulda been worse, considering some of the creatures ya have there. But still doesn't sound too fun...hope ya recover alright man.
Thanks, all good. Was given this to put on it. Numbs any pain and or itch, antiseptic and when it dries in about 10 minutes creates a clear film over the area . Great stuff.
Its making it feel so much better and the mad red crimson surrounds are settling down.
20210306_090656(1).jpg
Wow! How cheap is your meat there!? Ours has become ridiculous with many cuts now unaffordable for half the population.
Im amazed at the prices I see you buying stuff for there!
Here...mmm I feel like a steak, I'll go to coles...on second thoughts
Screenshot_20210306-091652(1).png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I splurged a bit on Milly and I, but St Pat's is around the corner and I had to have that Angus roast. I think some of it may become a hamburger or three...mebbe I'll cut a steak too. ;)

Did the bus thing and got all the things, plus a few extras. Still enough EBT left until the 10th for eggs, potatoes, and such.

Picked up a beauty of a locally produced flat-cut bottom round corned beef too. Gotta have for St Pat's.

Along with a ridiculous Sierra Nevada "HOP BULLET" Dbl-IPA. It's pretty hard to find this one and it was on sale. And the last one they had. :D

It's 8% ABV and Epic:
Brewed with a double-barreled blast of Magnum hops and lupulin dust.

Hops are the name of the game with a Double IPA, but we knew we had to take it one step further. With Hop Bullet, we’re using a new technique, hitting the beer with a double-barreled blast of Magnum hops and lupulin dust—pure, concentrated hop flavor—directly into the tank to emphasize the intense pine and citrus flavors of classic West Coast hops.

BEGINNING GRAVITY: 17.6° plato
ENDING GRAVITY: 2.4° plato
BITTERNESS UNITS: 60
YEAST: Ale yeast
BITTERING HOPS: Magnum
FINISHING HOPS: Centennial, Cascade, Chinook, Magnum, Crystal
MALTS: Two-row Pale, Wheat, Dextrine, Chocolate, Acidulated

Yes, that is a Canadian beer/chipotle BBQ sauce. It was on sale for $2 and I couldn't resist.
Never had tried the Croissant crust Digiorno's pizza before either, and it was $3 off.

IMG_6305.jpg

IMG_6306.jpg

I saved like $40 over their regular prices. :stars:

I'll be turning the chicken and pork into Milly food tomorrow...that way it'll all be nice and flat in freezer bags and can fit in the freezer, so she'll have ready-made food for a couple months probably.

I'm tired but happy. Got enough meat to feed Milly and I both for some time, and for cheap. 🤑

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why'd I spend so much on jerky?
Because it's made in Kent, WA and it's 10oz of amazing.

IMG_20210305_154812.jpg

Soft and lean like Old Trapper made over in Oregon, but supporting a biz right here in my state. :)

I also re-use those heavy-duty zipper bags for freezer stuff....win/win.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, had a shit day...woke up to no Internet. :cuss2:

Still no clue why, but somehow my self-owned modem wouldn't get authenticate nor an IP. I know they are planning an upgrade to the Essentials tier soon, but my moden can handle it...IDK what the fuck went on. But, after hours of troubleshooting and trying stuff, I finally got back online by re-provisioning my POS Xfinity XB3 again. It's still working as a bridge modem, so that is good...my router is getting WAN IP again or I'd not be posting.

Missed the dang Xfinity NASCAR race...irony is not lost on me....

But, I got a weak FCS Football game to watch (ironically due to Xfinity) and the NBA All-Star Game and Cup race is tomorrow...least I got that. And Scotch.

Screenshot from 2021-03-06 17-20-17.png

PS: I'm about done fucking around with Windows and their shitty networking.
Everything on my *nix box JUST WORKS.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors