Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

It's going to be a slow Sunday here. Sun is out and it's warming up. We'll do a bit of this and maybe a bit of that, a nap will be a priority of course! Jessie has already started hers, lol. She really likes her new fabric tunnels!

Stay healthy and safe :hug:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Why'd I spend so much on jerky?
Because it's made in Kent, WA and it's 10oz of amazing.

View attachment 179024

Soft and lean like Old Trapper made over in Oregon, but supporting a biz right here in my state. :)

I also re-use those heavy-duty zipper bags for freezer stuff....win/win.

Speaking of 'your state' we are seeing things on TV the last week or so about these gigantic KILLER HORNETS in Washington.

WTF? Where did they come from? And are they out flying around attacking things in the dead of winter?

I tell you, a hornet is a crazy f'n monster. Even the regular ones - we used to have some that would dive-bomb the side of the house. Knock the sense out of themselves, shake it off, and try again. They'll chase damn near anything, and are relentless once they get after you. I cannot imagine what actual purpose it serves Mother Nature to have such a creature in existence.

Have you heard about this at all?

ETA: Also, I don't think I have told anyone here in the open forum, but my 24-year-old grandson who is in the Army down in Texas has Covid. Last time I messaged him he didn't want to talk about how he's feeling. My daughter told me he was feeling pretty damn sick and occasionally having some shortness of breath, but it would pass fairly quickly. I just have to hope he'll be okay.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of 'your state' we are seeing things on TV the last week or so about these gigantic KILLER HORNETS in Washington.

WTF? Where did they come from? And are they out flying around attacking things in the dead of winter?

I tell you, a hornet is a crazy f'n monster. Even the regular ones - we used to have some that would dive-bomb the side of the house. Knock the sense out of themselves, shake it off, and try again. They'll chase damn near anything, and are relentless once they get after you. I cannot imagine what actual purpose it serves Mother Nature to have such a creature in existence.

Have you heard about this at all?

ETA: Also, I don't think I have told anyone here in the open forum, but my 24-year-old grandson who is in the Army down in Texas has Covid. Last time I messaged him he didn't want to talk about how he's feeling. My daughter told me he was feeling pretty damn sick and occasionally having some shortness of breath, but it would pass fairly quickly. I just have to hope he'll be okay.
Oh yeah, we know about those nasties. They are HUGE and can kill you. Not to mention decimate entire colonies of bees, which is a biggg problem.

Sorry to hear about your grandson, hope he recovers soon...being young helps. :)

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

I'm sorry about your grandson, prayers for him. What a terrible virus.

We have a grocery pick up this morning at Walmart, then we each have a Dr appointment this afternoon. Jessie will appreciate the new supply of catnip!

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh yeah, we know about those nasties. They are HUGE and can kill you. Not to mention decimate entire colonies of bees, which is a biggg problem.

Sorry to hear about your grandson, hope he recovers soon...being young helps. :)

I told my husband what you said about the colonies of bees, and he said he'd heard one news report that talked about a beekeeper who had approximately 30,000 bees that had been decapitated by these hornets. The hornets just bite the heads right off the bees. Have you ever in your life? It makes no sense to me that there would be such pointless cruelty in nature. What a horrible thought.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

I'm sorry about your grandson, prayers for him. What a terrible virus.

We have a grocery pick up this morning at Walmart, then we each have a Dr appointment this afternoon. Jessie will appreciate the new supply of catnip!

@misswish, thank you and @CaFF for good wishes for grandson. I just messaged him and he says he's tired all the time and struggling some with his breathing. I told him a couple of old remedy things to do, like inhaling steam and using Vicks Vaporub on his chest, resting and staying inside out of the cold air.

After his basic training last year, he is probably as strong and healthy than he's ever been, other than having Covid right now. I won't say I'm not worried, because things can always happen, but I am thankful that he was as strong as he is when he got sick. He has as good a chance as anyone of shaking it off.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

It's going to get windy today, yuck. At least it will be warm. Hubby goes to get that stent removed today, I am so glad! It causes him pain, and has done it's job. He's out in his shop with Jessie standing guard, lol.

Nada, the prayers will continue as long as your grandson needs them. Warm hugs for you both.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

It's going to get windy today, yuck. At least it will be warm. Hubby goes to get that stent removed today, I am so glad! It causes him pain, and has done it's job. He's out in his shop with Jessie standing guard, lol.

Nada, the prayers will continue as long as your grandson needs them. Warm hugs for you both.

Glad to hear!! :vino:

SSDD here, it's nicer out but still chilly. Not bad for the season at all.

I got almost 3lbs of chicken breasts trimmed and weighed out, then put flat in freezer bags for future noms and Milly din-din. Now I just gotta tackle a 3lb+ pork loin...argh.

The beef roast and corned beef can wait as they are vac-packed and St Paddies is a ways off yet. ;-)

Picked up a Yihi Trantor mod for $15 and change shipped. It'll be great for my big-boy atties. And with no damn joystick. :D

Also got a biiiiig game tonight: the WCC FInals game with my #1 Zags and BYU.

Screenshot from 2021-03-09 17-39-50.png

If they can go into the NCAA Playoffs undefeated, it'll be a great and demoralizing thing.

Screenshot from 2021-03-09 17-55-16.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
WE DID IT!!!!

We started off down over ten points to BYU, we ended up like this: 77-88 to the Zags.

Screenshot from 2021-03-09 19-58-21.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just realized I'm old...

When I set down my 'new' Sony headphones and they go like this:

sony_mdr_xb950n1_b_xb950n1_extra_bass_noise_1317731.jpg

Annnd, I think I broke 'em. :giggle:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

All went well yesterday, Hubby is feeling so much better! Poor guy has had a rough year. Doctor told him that he can go camping & fishing again after he gets some strength back!!! Really brightened him up. He's already made a couple of reservations, lol.

Jessie is loving her tube tunnels. Now when she hears one of us coming, she gets down and waits for us to go by, then races through the tube to "attack" us. Sometimes she hides in the tube, too.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty slow day today, nothing special.

Enjoying the foods I got and Milly has been good and currently sleeping after two plates of meat today.

Preparing for St Pat's, I'm gonna make the corned beef and some Colcannon....mmmmm. :)

Now just watching some good NBA games and chillin'. Life is good.

P1060035.jpg

*That dern Milly nose, gotta wash that monitor...I don't really see it except when I do a flash pic. :D

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

We're going to get our 2nd shots in a few minutes, be glad when it's done. Feel safer.
Then staying home! I'm going to be lazy today, just read and eat and nap. Might feel different later on, lol.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

We're going to get our 2nd shots in a few minutes, be glad when it's done. Feel safer.
Then staying home! I'm going to be lazy today, just read and eat and nap. Might feel different later on, lol.

How are you two doing? Hope you and hubby are doing well. Have missed you posting. :hug:

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

We're doing ok, thanks! Hubby had a bit of a sore arm, I was down on Saturday. I was kinda foggy, some muscle aches, mild headache, pretty tired and no appetite. Fine yesterday, so all is good and well worth it. Jessie was a good nurse!

Hubby used the good weather yesterday to trim some bushes and baby trees. He did good, his shoulders are kind of sore though. He always has to push it a bit, lol. Jessie supervised through the windows.

How are you guys?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Morning!

We're doing ok, thanks! Hubby had a bit of a sore arm, I was down on Saturday. I was kinda foggy, some muscle aches, mild headache, pretty tired and no appetite. Fine yesterday, so all is good and well worth it. Jessie was a good nurse!

Hubby used the good weather yesterday to trim some bushes and baby trees. He did good, his shoulders are kind of sore though. He always has to push it a bit, lol. Jessie supervised through the windows.

How are you guys?

He'll be hanging out to go fishing I bet!
download.gif

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Man, sending best wishes to everyone that is struggling right now, especially @nadalama and @ProlineVaper

Haven't checked in for quite a bit, but we are doing fine. Hunkered down and mainly healthy :)

Thank you sweetie. I miss talking to you. Last couple of weeks, though, as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out like a light. The time difference doesn't help us. <3

I've just gone through another bout of staph and now on another round of antibiotics. Doc has started to be concerned about this and cautions me to load up on yogurt - I have taken SO many antibiotics in the last few years.

Hubbs and I have made promises to each other that we are going to eat healthier, so it's easy when support is close by. Maybe I can take some of this weight off and I'll be able to get around a little easier. Two trips out in public in a wheelchair in the last two days, not fun. I think of Bird and wonder how in the world he accomplishes all he does. I can't find an adjective good enough - admirable doesn't come close. He's made some very brave decisions, I can think of no other explanation for it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've just gone through another bout of staph and now on another round of antibiotics. Doc has started to be concerned about this and cautions me to load up on yogurt - I have taken SO many antibiotics in the last few years.

Holy cow, I had no idea

I should check in more often :hug:

PM or whatever if you want some tips on healing the gut through ferments - it is something I live by after all the problems I had a few years ago

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
A couple of bits of good news - my eyes are in good shape, although the actual eyeglass prescription I got is all wrong, and hubbs and I were able to get our first round of the Moderna vaccine this morning over in Danville.

The people running the show over there were doing a bang-up job. I don't know where in the world they got all those nurses, but they were fabulous.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A couple of bits of good news - my eyes are in good shape, although the actual eyeglass prescription I got is all wrong, and hubbs and I were able to get our first round of the Moderna vaccine this morning over in Danville.

The people running the show over there were doing a bang-up job. I don't know where in the world they got all those nurses, but they were fabulous.
I had no idea you weren’t feeling well. Many wishes towards feeling better!

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
@ProlineVaper just heard about your horrific accident, I hope you heal quickly! Many wishes that you’re feeling a little better!

View attachment 179443
Thank you! And thank everyone here on the forum for being here. Passed a lot of time just reading everyone's posts, even if I didn't feel like posting myself. I was a little depressed being stuck in the hospital!

But rhe good news....

I AM FREE NOW!!! They dischaeged me and I am allowed to return to work on light duty!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thank you! And thank everyone here on the forum for being here. Passed a lot of time just reading everyone's posts, even if I didn't feel like posting myself. I was a little depressed being stuck in the hospital!

But rhe good news....

I AM FREE NOW!!! They dischaeged me and I am allowed to return to work on light duty!
YAY!!!

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

But rhe good news....

Yay!!!

1615942262430.gif1615942262430.gif
so happy to hear they’re releasing you to the wild lol! Good news that you can return to work on light duty!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

If it’s like the wife, she is in a float pool.

Wife is a nurse for Kaiser Permanente.

I do doubt they were all RNs though... RN,Nurse Practioners and Doctors are the only ones who can administer the shots...

Case Managers, CNAs, LVNs etc all look the same, but are probably floating from other departments since it’s one big union.

Wife does vaccine clinic once a week, then other 4 days is back to her educationals with patients and 20hrs adjunct instructor for Azusa Pacific University (online)

Sent from my iPhone 4(2+) using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If it’s like the wife, she is in a float pool.

Wife is a nurse for Kaiser Permanente.

I do doubt they were all RNs though... RN,Nurse Practioners and Doctors are the only ones who can administer the shots...

Case Managers, CNAs, LVNs etc all look the same, but are probably floating from other departments since it’s one big union.

Wife does vaccine clinic once a week, then other 4 days is back to her educationals with patients and 20hrs adjunct instructor for Azusa Pacific University (online)

Sent from my iPhone 4(2+) using Tapatalk

<3 <3 <3 <3<3<3<3<3<3 for docs, RNs, LPNs, CNAs, whatever they all were. I am very thankful for them all.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Jessie got her new toy yesterday. A flippy fish! Has a battery that makes the tail flip around. She loves that thing!!! She fights with it, cuddles and sleeps with it. I went to pick it up last night to turn the battery off, so we could sleep, and I thought she'd never let go of it! A winner!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Morning!

Jessie got her new toy yesterday. A flippy fish! Has a battery that makes the tail flip around. She loves that thing!!! She fights with it, cuddles and sleeps with it. I went to pick it up last night to turn the battery off, so we could sleep, and I thought she'd never let go of it! A winner!

Better watch out the hubby doesn't stick a wire through it with a hook on one end and use it!
Saw it on tv not long ago, would make a good lure.
This one?
floppingfish4_2048x.gif

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

If fishie was any smaller, he just might! Jessie has been having so much fun with this thing, we're getting a lot of entertainment out of it, lol. It's long enough that she can bunny kick it.

Yeah, where is Caff?

Would love to see a pic!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

I'll see if I can get a one and post it. Some day I might figure out the video thingy on my phone, lol.

@CaFF where are you? Getting worried here!

Hubby is trying to get himself in the mood to start cleaning and stocking his camper-van. Since he didn't get to use it last summer, I think he might be in for a big job.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Was at the hospital today visiting one of the guys and whilst there the patients and staff were getting the Covid shot. The head lady who I answer to said "good news, you can officially come back in 2 weeks time". (I'v been going as a friend visitor to those I could) I asked which shot was being given and was told our town will only get the one I refuse. So I said I guess no shot no visit then. She said no, its not mandatory, you can still come. :)
I thought I was finished! Not yet.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

The sun is out, makes me feel like Spring. We bought new drapes & rods for the front room, Hubby is busy! Jessie is not a fan of change, she's mostly outside. Too many boxes, the vertical blinds are on the floor, Noise and smelly window cleaner. It's going to be much lighter in here!

Are you all finishing up your ordering? It's pretty quiet in here.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Morning!

The sun is out, makes me feel like Spring. We bought new drapes & rods for the front room, Hubby is busy! Jessie is not a fan of change, she's mostly outside. Too many boxes, the vertical blinds are on the floor, Noise and smelly window cleaner. It's going to be much lighter in here!

Are you all finishing up your ordering? It's pretty quiet in here.

We used to have a Staffy that didn't like things different. The misses would move some things around now and then and we'd soon find him just standing there staring at the thing out of its usual place. He'd look at us then back at it. They can be funny animals can't they.
I had to laugh at a news story I saw about a yr ago. Big news!
"Scientists and animal behaviour experts agree that doestic pets like cats and dogs may be smarter and more intelligent than first thought and more emotionally attached to their owners than just a feed me relationship." :facepalm:
Probably spent tens of millions of govt grant money figuring out what pet owners have known all along through common sense experience. All they had to do was go and buy a dog from a shelter and keep it for a few months! :confused:
Hear we have now here a new flu stain that they have no vac for. Supposed to be a strong one too. So just as that has arrived they tell us we can now ditch for the most part mask wearing nearly everywhere. I have already seen grubs down the shops without masks openly coughing and sneezing without covering their mouths.
Im still going to wear mine regardless of what they say. Too many grubs around.
You stay safe n healthy there too.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Well, it's Monday, a new week. It's in the high 70's, doors are open and it smells good! Jessie is in & out, in & out. She's keeping a sharp eye on the birds and keeping them in line. I've started brushing out her winter coat, fur is flying. I have to trick her - one brush for her to chew on, and one to actually brush her with! Silly kitty.

Hubby is doing so much better! One more check up to go, make sure there's no damage to his kidney & bladder. His energy is back, too, and his mood is much better. Which makes mine better!

I hope you all are doing well and being happy,

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Morning!

Well, it's Monday, a new week. It's in the high 70's, doors are open and it smells good! Jessie is in & out, in & out. She's keeping a sharp eye on the birds and keeping them in line. I've started brushing out her winter coat, fur is flying. I have to trick her - one brush for her to chew on, and one to actually brush her with! Silly kitty.

Hubby is doing so much better! One more check up to go, make sure there's no damage to his kidney & bladder. His energy is back, too, and his mood is much better. Which makes mine better!

I hope you all are doing well and being happy,

Good to hear. Will be waiting for some fish pictures in the very near future. 👍
He'll only need to catch a minnow to exceed my last several efforts. 😁

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Nice weather here now. 27c light breeze and clear skies.
Had to take the misses to the Dr though as her reaction to the Quad Flu shot she got several days ago got a bit worse. It looked like she has shingles. The Dr though confirmed it was all part of the real bad reaction she has had from the shot. So to get over the flu shot, how ironic huh, she is now taking antihistamines and some cream to put on the shingles like areas to stop the burning sensation and itching.
Whilst there the Dr said they have been seeing some bad reactions to the Astra covid jab in some patients. One guy came in saying he has never felt so bad in his life!
Our TV chanels make out like there are zero issues with it yet just in our small town there are. I wonder what the real numbers are of people getting bad reactions to it are, though im sure we'll never know or be told.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

It's so nice to have the sun out, shining bright! Just makes me feel good. Jessie is loving having sun patches to sleep in. She still has pretty good fights with her flippy fish, really gets her rabbit kicks going. And it's BBQ burger day!!!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

It's so nice to have the sun out, shining bright! Just makes me feel good. Jessie is loving having sun patches to sleep in. She still has pretty good fights with her flippy fish, really gets her rabbit kicks going. And it's BBQ burger day!!!

Freaking raining here again but I will BBQ some Sausage Patties for tonight's dinner anyway.

VU Sponsors