nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So, it seems you are not allowed to mention b o t o x on here. Some filter calls me a spammer for mentioning a medical treatment. My apologies to magicmist.

Before b o t o x was used as a bona-fide medical treatment, it was a favorite of real spammers, like "keto" is now. There's a good reason it's in the list of disallowed words and phrases.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When you changed what I posted in the 'quote' when you responded to my post, calling me a spammer... got on my nerves. If you wanna call someone a spammer, go after some anti-vaping jackass like coupon92123.
I didn't alter anything in your posting, it was like that when you posted it. Several of your posts are like that. Not sure why. Server issue? I don't know.

*reads posts after that, catching up* Ah, okay got it now. :) *chuckles* Sorry just off work not reading ahead like I normally do, brain is mush.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There's a good reason it's in the list of disallowed words and phrases.

And obviously ******* is as well no matter how you want to snort it. Not that I want that, only saying to illustrate how some words get censored. Hm, I wonder.

Murflefert Furflemurt!!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well as per this post, I have spoken with retiring lady custodian. She's of a mind to not be invested in who gets her spot. Said people will bid / strike for / on it when the school board posts the opening. She also couldn't give me a good reason to desire the job either.

The vice principle, shrewd lady she is come up with that. "Ben, you're here now why?"

"Pays well enough and if full time, a pension."

"That's all your wife cares about, honey."

"Oh. Ah, I see. Taking her side, huh?"

"You know it's the only side."

I'm still not quite sure. After last night especially. I was standing in for one person. Another was out as well with no call off.

"Ben, you can do her stuff too." *big cheery smile, wink, wink, nod, nod*

Fortunately, I had two other substitutes come in to pick up another half shift left open by the lady. She had family issues to attend.

The one fellow stayed in the main school with me. He finished her work. The other went out to an annexed building for the universal pre-school.

The guy in with me went on and picked up part of the second person's work I was tasked. He saw I had done my appointed shift and was "busting" to get the second person's shift done.

We met up about 9:20 pm. Our schedule was to be out at 10. I had stepped in and sat in the "break" room. He come in grinning and chuckled. He then dotted back out to the hall.

Told him I wasn't sitting on my a** to sit on my a**. He smiled. "Ben, I know you weren't. You were busy man. I saw it. I got those other two rooms and the multi-purpose room for you."

Asked him if he thought we could go at 9:30. He said they usually went around 9:45 but 30 would be alright if I was playing boss. Said it didn't matter either way to me, out we headed. We finished up a few minor things as we went.

Explained I left some not done. He agreed it was kind of rough being brought in for one shift, and expecting a person to get two shifts done in one shift's time. I got the main thrust of it done. I could have done more but it required more time.

And a half hour wouldn't been all it took. You get to know how long work takes. Even with both of us going at it, it likely was at least another hour, to hour and half of work. We didn't have the time.

Sure the pay is good but damned if I'm "killing myself" or having anyone else do it for any money. Not worth the working if you cannot do it again the next day.

So, the work doesn't sell itself. The bs involved with it doesn't paint it in good light either. It's not hard work but monotonous and to a point it can be physically demanding. Add the bs and a general attitude of apathy and it's crap.

Don't get me wrong. I like the work, easy stuff really. I appreciate no real "over the shoulder" supervision. There's just too much "off" about it. Lack of communication is one of the big things.

*sighs* Anyhoot, ...

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well as per this post, I have spoken with retiring lady custodian. She's of a mind to not be invested in who gets her spot. Said people will bid / strike for / on it when the school board posts the opening. She also couldn't give me a good reason to desire the job either.

The vice principle, shrewd lady she is come up with that. "Ben, you're here now why?"

I'm still not quite sure. After last night especially. I was standing in for one person. Another was out as well with no call off.

Fortunately, I had two other substitutes come in to pick up another half shift left open by the lady. She had family issues to attend.

The one fellow stayed in the main school with me. He finished her work. The other went out to an annexed building for the universal pre-school.

The guy in with me went on and picked up part of the second person's work I was tasked. He saw I had done my appointed shift and was "busting" to get the second person's shift done.

We met up about 9:20 pm. Our schedule was to be out at 10. I had stepped in and sat in the "break" room. He come in grinning and chuckled. He then dotted back out to the hall.

Told him I wasn't sitting on my a** to sit on my a**. He smiled. "Ben, I know you weren't. You were busy man. I saw it. I got those other two rooms and the multi-purpose room for you."

Asked him if he thought we could go at 9:30. He said they usually went around 9:45 but 30 would be alright if I was playing boss. Said it didn't matter either way to me, out we headed. We finished up a few minor things as we went.

Explained I left some not done. He agreed it was kind of rough being brought in for one shift, and expecting a person to get two shifts done in one shift's time. I got the main thrust of it done. I could have done more but it required more time.

And a half hour wouldn't been all it took. You get to know how long work takes. Even with both of us going at it, it likely was at least another hour, to hour and half of work. We didn't have the time.

Sure the pay is good but damned if I'm "killing myself" or having anyone else do it for any money. Not worth the working if you cannot do it again the next day.

So, the work doesn't sell itself. The bs involved with it doesn't paint it in good light either. It's not hard work but monotonous and to a point it can be physically demanding. Add the bs and a general attitude of apathy and it's crap.

Don't get me wrong. I like the work, easy stuff really. I appreciate no real "over the shoulder" supervision. There's just too much "off" about it. Lack of communication is one of the big things.

*sighs* Anyhoot, ...
Bummer. Who you work with and for makes all the difference doesn't it.

Was thinking on another subject. Where is @Huckleberried these days?

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

*sighs* Anyhoot, ...
My husband had a problem at work. Break time was over, and he tells the guy he worked with on the machine "time to get back to work". The guy starts jabbing him in the chest and telling him "you ain't my boss or supervisor. I'll take as long as I feel like".
They both get called to the office the next day, and are told they can both be fired (My husband somehow instigated it). Then the jerk makes threats to him right in front of the bosses, and still keeps his job.
My husband got a new job with a starting pay of just 50 cents an hour less than he was getting at the other plant where he worked for 5 and a half years. The place wasn't always a hostile work environment. The temp employment agency happened to send them someone the bosses were afraid of, and was even kicked out of town once... on weapons charges.
At least my hubby doesn't have to work in the same plant as that a-hole any longer.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My husband had a problem at work. Break time was over, and he tells the guy he worked with on the machine "time to get back to work". The guy starts jabbing him in the chest and telling him "you ain't my boss or supervisor. I'll take as long as I feel like".
They both get called to the office the next day, and are told they can both be fired (My husband somehow instigated it). Then the jerk makes threats to him right in front of the bosses, and still keeps his job.
My husband got a new job with a starting pay of just 50 cents an hour less than he was getting at the other plant where he worked for 5 and a half years. The place wasn't always a hostile work environment. The temp employment agency happened to send them someone the bosses were afraid of, and was even kicked out of town once... on weapons charges.
At least my hubby doesn't have to work in the same plant as that a-hole any longer.

No hostility of yet involved. My indifference and saying work is "work", isn't meant as apathy. There is a difference between the two. I do care to do the work well, whatever it happens being. It is simply I've done so much different "work" that it all seems just work to me. I'm a worker, a doer.

What I observe from others is a general apathy. Can understand why that is too. But add that to a lack of communication and overall the "job" with its monotony become a "grind". The work is going to be what it is. And there really is no reason to "advance" in the field of the work. Still, a person can at least care.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Disappointing experience this morning.

I got an e-mail from myVpro saying that I'd accrued some additional points for some kind of anniversary of buying products from them. It was only a $5 discount, but I was all prepared to use it to get some TPP coils for the Drag 3 tank. Got to checkout, and BAM!!!

"At this time, we do not offer shipping to the state of Virginia."

WTF? First off, the deadline isn't here yet, and secondly, if they have a program that generates e-mails like this, somebody needs to change it so it doesn't send damn e-mails to people who can't use their points.

I felt like calling them to raise hell. I'd have done it if I had thought it would do any good. :(

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I got an e-mail from myVpro saying that I'd accrued some additional points for some kind of anniversary of buying products from them. It was only a $5 discount, but I was all prepared to use it to get some TPP coils for the Drag 3 tank. Got to checkout, and BAM!!!

WTF? First off, the deadline isn't here yet, and secondly, if they have a program that generates e-mails like this, somebody needs to change it so it doesn't send damn e-mails to people who can't use their points.

I felt like calling them to raise hell. I'd have done it if I had thought it would do any good. :(

So yeah, I'm quoting my own post again, I did them one better.

Vapeology.eu (although they are calling themselves "The Billi Billi Store" now) is still shipping, so I got two packs of TPP coils and a Drag X Max.

Dammit.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

So many of those stores autogenerate emails so much, I pretty much looked at them and deleted them until the vape mail ban. When that hit, I just unsubscribed.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

It's so quiet at my house! Hubby left yesterday for fishing, he's having a great time. Jessie is a lost little girl without her daddy. I'm using the time to do some stuff that is hard to do with him here - sort and get rid of stuff! Wax floors! Of course Jessie has been helping me, lol.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Grahhh....friggin' ID check on Central Vapors is a bitch.

They assume your doing it on a cell phone...yah right. The screen on mine is too small for real web stuff..it's just a phone/text/read email device for me. I don't have long-distance to call them in TX either.
Tried to e-mail them, it bounced because of security my webhost has.

If I hadn't bought this old tablet for like $34 from the hock shop, I couldn't have done it. OFC, it doesn't have a webcam, so I had to take ID pics with a camera and connect the tablet vis USB to my Linux desktop to transfer them. Tried using this PC and a browser first..it failed.

Just some BS. :cuss2:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, so one good thing happened today. :)
I'm on the Xfinity Essentials plan for low-income/ssi/ss and etc. It's great...I really don't need more.

Back in Oct 2020, right at the beginning of COVID was when I signed up.

I did not get an xFi Gateway device like this says:

Screenshot from 2021-04-21 14-26-27.png

What I got was the tech who showed up and handed me a plastic bag with a giant metal modem, a sign-up URL on a card, and a coax cable and said: "there ya go...go follow the instructions on the website to finsh signup and provision your account...bye". And then ran down the stairs.

FAIK and according to everyone I heard from, the ancient XB3 cable modem I'd received to sign-up with was free with this tier of service. Period. Not a rental or etc. I bought my own modem soon after and it's worked just fine ever since. The giant brick of a XB3 is gathering dust in a drawer...in case I need it later.

So was a bit pissed when I got this email:

Screenshot from 2021-04-21 14-08-41.png

And soon after, a phone call from Comcast. About how to return it or else I'd be charged for it. :eek:
SAY WHUT? What part of free don't you understand??

I spent like an hour explaining the whole deal, but fortunately I got a nice lady who while at first toed the company line, finally understood why I shouldn't be charged for a FREE modem.

She had me call another line in CS to verify they saw it too. It took awhile more but he finally saw the notes from the first CSR and was like "oh, ok yes you can keep it and continue using your own modem without additional charges".

Hallelujah....

Even better, the young man I talked to second was able to pull up my bandwidth usage...which I'd never been able to do from the Xfinity website. Yay!!

So I thought that since I was on the line with him, to check and see if *I* could now do it too...

Amazingly...I can now. :D

Screenshot from 2021-04-21 14-03-59.png

IDK what changed but after all this time, I can now see my owned modem in the stats AND my 'official' bandwidth. (good for if they try to screw me later on the 1.2TB cap)

A very long afternoon of hassle, but it all worked out for once. :bingo:

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So I buy these new fangled nail polish strips, Color Street Nail Strips. Never used them before. It's time to change my polish and thought about using them. Then I remembered I'll be going through a bunch of boxes with my 2 boys this weekend and just gave myself a quick base and polish.
Have any of you used them? I watched a video but thought I'd ask if all the hype is real.

EDIT: After watching several videos I think these should work well for me.

Carry on...

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's like 60F here, but inclement with chances of t-storms and wind...but it could be worse.

Screenshot from 2021-04-22 17-35-18.png

Brrrrr...it is not comfy in Boston tonight. I sure hope we can pull out a win here. :D

*edit*
We've tied it up 2-2 in the bottom of the 6th inning...w00t!

We're good though, and Milly's being a good/adorable kitteh....

The Cat *IS* In The Bag. 😸

IMG_1005.JPG

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Milly sez....GOOD MORNING! 😸

ceJldJn.jpg

Me, I'm more like this: :coffee2:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Grah....had a fun time with a browser "upgrade" that basically b0rked hella stuff up...

Since when is port 8080 NOT a valid WWW port?!! :cuss2:

See more here: https://www.reddit.com/r/waterfox/comments/mwyq6j

Well, the last straw was when I couldn't get into ANYTHING on the LAN or even my own domain's Cpanel or webmail. CYA Waterfox....:kickbutt:

Ya, I like the "Alt" browsers and customization, but I like getting shit done MORE...like signing into my own email accounts, NAS, Cpanel, and etc.

Five minutes, two computers, my tablet, and now...one synced browser across platforms and devices.
(I'll deal with the cellphone later, it's charging. ;) )

This Just Works:

Screenshot from 2021-04-24 10-02-56.png

Oh, and VU is flying now.... :D
BTW, if you're on FF88, here are some useful things: https://www.ghacks.net/2021/04/20/c...e-info-view-image-reopen-closed-tab-and-more/

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Day is getting good. :cool:

Both of my teams playing today are kickin' azz and the NASCAR Xfinity series from TALLADEGA will start soon...the Cup race is Tomorrow. :)

Screenshot from 2021-04-24 13-02-13.png

Screenshot from 2021-04-24 13-01-46.png

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

It's going to hit 90* today! I'm not ready for that, it's too early. Hubby really enjoyed his fishing trip. It was pretty cold up there, but he did get to fish one day, and did a lot of BS'ing with his buddies. He's planning his next trip. Jessie did not like it at all, was a moping kitty. Boy did she perk right up when he got home!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Morning!

It's going to hit 90* today! I'm not ready for that, it's too early. Hubby really enjoyed his fishing trip. It was pretty cold up there, but he did get to fish one day, and did a lot of BS'ing with his buddies. He's planning his next trip. Jessie did not like it at all, was a moping kitty. Boy did she perk right up when he got home!

Did he catch any? I went the other day. I caught 1 ok redfin on a lure. Wasn't going to keep it though it was eating size, but I wanted a picture of it to show. Its colours were really vibrant, looked great. But id left my phone in the car so leant the rod on a stick with the fish in the water and went and got it. Came back to just see the lure laying in the sand and the fish gone. :gaah::giggle:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

No, Smigo, he didn't catch any, but his buddy did. They had a great time though. He didn't take his "kitchen" this trip, or his boat. Doctor told him to take it really easy and no heavy stuff. His buddies cooked for him the whole time! Payback, cuz he usually cooks for them.

Sorry your fish got away, would like to see a pic!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This popped up in my FB memories, from 2009. I really did try everything

445b9ac088f261e596c98c9fe7979d78.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today is National Pretzel Day.

I am prepared. ;)

IMG_20210426_092653.jpg

I was given that tub of Costco pretzels by a friend..it runs about $20.
I've been refilling it with $3 1lb bags of the exact same thing from Trader Joe's ever since. :D

P.S.: Pic taken and originally cropped/resized on the 'ol cell phone, sent to the NAS, then opened in GIMP on the Linux computer in the living room for some quicky color-correcting.
All of that took about 1 minute. Love my NAS...and Linux. 🤓

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today is National Pretzel Day.

I am prepared. ;)

View attachment 181153

I was given that tub of Costco pretzels by a friend..it runs about $20.
I've been refilling it with $3 1lb bags of the exact same thing from Trader Joe's ever since. :D

P.S.: Pic taken and originally cropped/resized on the 'ol cell phone, sent to the NAS, then opened in GIMP on the Linux computer in the living room for some quicky color-correcting.
All of that took about 1 minute. Love my NAS...and Linux.
I do vaguely similar. But just an ftp server rather than a NAS. Since that suits me OK

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do vaguely similar. But just an ftp server rather than a NAS. Since that suits me OK
Nice, I have FTP on my domain, but it's disabled. Plus, we have bandwidth caps on Comcrap cable and a 4-ish MB/sec upload. That would suck quickly.

I could setup a LAN server, hell..I still got FreeNAS on a floppy disc...lol
Could also run FTP right on the router, but that is just a bad idea.

But that means more hassle and setup of another old computer or buying a little ARM device. After I priced out hardware vs energy use (everything is electric here, even heat), etc...the NAS was a no brainer.

I got 6TB for now...still got an open bay. And it can do so much more if I wanna. :)

FWIW, I use this awesome app for my Android devices: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cxinventor.file.explorer

It r0x. A lot. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Today was crap.

I worked 7 to 2. Setting at lunch mentioned to someone else there, I turn 49 tomorrow and don't feel worth a plugged nickle. All of the sudden out rolls the faith in God, find Jesus spiel. I said only, "Wish I could believe that." They continued on, I went deadly silent.

Cramming your beliefs down someone's throat is not how you "reach" out to a possibly mentally ill person. It is even less appropriate at a public place of work. Yet gee golly damn 95% is Christian so guess who gets to bend over?

Also asked the principle if there was a point to try going for NBC / anti-terror training. She replied there was no point as they all knew what to do. Either she, or I missed the plot. One of the courses listed for custodians once full time is that specifically. It's one of the very few ways a custodian can advance.

Fuck that!

Got home, spilled my tea, tripped in the hall to our room. *smh* I hate this fucking place. I especially hate it when the sis in law greets me on the way in. "Hi honey, how was your day at work?" And I know damn well she knew who it was coming in.

Unfuck that!

So yeah today fucking sucked. Tomorrow has no better forecast.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@MyMagicMist
Sorry to hear you had such a bad day mate. Hope the forecasts wrong.

Aye, do as well. May take wife up on the day off card. *chuckles* I've done 13 days of 8 hrs in a row. That'll gross roughly $1,500 in a check, possibly a bit more for a few half days.

Sure I could keep pushing. Although, I'm burning out on the monotony of it. Job security (the good), you always got dirt to move. The reverse of the "good", there's always dirt to move. And there really isn't any "next" level to go to.

I mean really, how do you progress? Ah yes you get the added responsibility of doing a rolling inventory paper work. Jolly lolly that and it might pay a few dollars more, if you're lucky. The benefits package for me will only consist of gee, a pension.

Don't get me wrong I'm grateful & understand the need and benefit of that. Still it's not much of anything immediately tangible as a "benefit" to me. It's "well we'll help pay your retirement." Um, they're required by law to do that anyway.

Then again as FIL points out, nowhere else here I can earn as much doing so little. I'm grateful of that too. Though it just seems I'm kind of being shoved into a fucking box. "This is you, it's all anyone thinks of you and all you can ever do."

One of the things I pointed out to FIL too, there's time I'm paid to specifically NOT work. I do my work so well they cannot have me keep doing nothing ahead of nothing. That is to say I quite literally work myself out of work. Then, others have to catch up. So I get paid to literally sit on my arse.

"We're paying you to be here and available." "No, you're paying me to not make the rest of you look bad for your incompetence and dullness." Of course, I don't out right tell them that but know it. I mean it is patently and blatantly obvious.

And yes, I know. I need to have something beyond that. Unfortunately, I don't. Never really had any real "hobbies" what I've taken to with aplomb, enthusiasm. Partly because I don't do enthusiasm. Not wired for it, literally. *points to head* The hormones made my circuits screwy.

I can't change that, only try making the best. *sighs* That's been life constantly. I'm tired of "faking it until I make it" knowing I'll not ever "make it". It's starting to scare me. Because I'm left thinking and I don't like that, ... thinking hurts too damn much.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Aye, do as well. May take wife up on the day off card. *chuckles* I've done 13 days of 8 hrs in a row. That'll gross roughly $1,500 in a check, possibly a bit more for a few half days.

Sure I could keep pushing. Although, I'm burning out on the monotony of it. Job security (the good), you always got dirt to move. The reverse of the "good", there's always dirt to move. And there really isn't any "next" level to go to.

I mean really, how do you progress? Ah yes you get the added responsibility of doing a rolling inventory paper work. Jolly lolly that and it might pay a few dollars more, if you're lucky. The benefits package for me will only consist of gee, a pension.

Don't get me wrong I'm grateful & understand the need and benefit of that. Still it's not much of anything immediately tangible as a "benefit" to me. It's "well we'll help pay your retirement." Um, they're required by law to do that anyway.

Then again as FIL points out, nowhere else here I can earn as much doing so little. I'm grateful of that too. Though it just seems I'm kind of being shoved into a fucking box. "This is you, it's all anyone thinks of you and all you can ever do."

One of the things I pointed out to FIL too, there's time I'm paid to specifically NOT work. I do my work so well they cannot have me keep doing nothing ahead of nothing. That is to say I quite literally work myself out of work. Then, others have to catch up. So I get paid to literally sit on my arse.

"We're paying you to be here and available." "No, you're paying me to not make the rest of you look bad for your incompetence and dullness." Of course, I don't out right tell them that but know it. I mean it is patently and blatantly obvious.

And yes, I know. I need to have something beyond that. Unfortunately, I don't. Never really had any real "hobbies" what I've taken to with aplomb, enthusiasm. Partly because I don't do enthusiasm. Not wired for it, literally. *points to head* The hormones made my circuits screwy.

I can't change that, only try making the best. *sighs* That's been life constantly. I'm tired of "faking it until I make it" knowing I'll not ever "make it". It's starting to scare me. Because I'm left thinking and I don't like that, ... thinking hurts too damn much.

Few of us get to start at the top dude

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Few of us get to start at the top dude
That is not what I'm getting at, at all. There is no "top" to go to in the field. But then as is also pointed out most all "work" is "dead end". That's what I'm staring down the barrel of, the no actual "progress".

For the time invested, the return is shitty. Sure you get money but there's more to living than money. You'd like to feel you're doing something of value. Feel that maybe you're doing something which serves a larger purpose, makes things better. Feel like you get some sense of achievable challenge out of what you're doing.

None of that is in this.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

13 in a row no wonder your feeling burnt out!
Ever considered metal detecting. You guys in the US have lots of relics and coins there.
Its my time out doing it that keeps me sane im sure. Good forget everything else time.
Can get into coin and relic hunting very cheaply.
I know a number of returned service people from Vietnam and Afganistan that fell in love with it. Really takes your mind off of things.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ever considered metal detecting. You guys in the US have lots of relics and coins there.
Its my time out doing it that keeps me sane im sure. Good forget everything else time.
I know a number of returned service people from Vietnam and Afganistan that fell in love with it. Really takes your mind off of things.

Got a metal detector "in storage". Might have to look into that. My luck I go find some extra terrestrial craft, get quarantined and paid to not pursue the hobby. *chuckles*

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That depends on where you can go hunting. Most public places, someone will call the law on you for destruction of property. That leaves you to ask strangers to hunt on their property. Yes, the US is being ruined by a bunch of assholes.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Got a metal detector "in storage". Might have to look into that. My luck I go find some extra terrestrial craft, get quarantined and paid to not pursue the hobby. *chuckles*
You can get some good info and tips on the site I'll list below. I used to get on it myself, yrs ago and yep am there somewhere in the archives of posts as Smigo too.
Old battle sites and ghost towns, anywhere people used to be but are no longer are great places I used to hear about there. I was never into park hunting like parks in towns, I do it to get away from people not gravitate towards them. :giggle:
That depends on where you can go hunting. Most public places, someone will call the law on you for destruction of property. That leaves you to ask strangers to hunt on their property. Yes, the US is being ruined by a bunch of assholes.
Hi. Is that in towns or everywhere? We have no restrictions on the goldfields apart from National Parks and special reserve areas. But all State Forest areas are open to us. Get a permit, miners right, for 3 or 10 yrs and go for it. To hunt coins and relics no permit is required.
Thats a mongrel if you guys cant go in state forest type areas.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Got two acres of bottom land here. Figure that could take a bit to explore. Probably find loads of old nails. Might find my shaken I threw once. *shrugs* Despite claims otherwise I was not targeting a pet racoon.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can get some good info and tips on the site I'll list below. I used to get on it myself, yrs ago and yep am there somewhere in the archives of posts as Smigo too.
Old battle sites and ghost towns, anywhere people used to be but are no longer are great places I used to hear about there. I was never into park hunting like parks in towns, I do it to get away from people not gravitate towards them. :giggle:

Hi. Is that in towns or everywhere? We have no restrictions on the goldfields apart from National Parks and special reserve areas. But all State Forest areas are open to us. Get a permit, miners right, for 3 or 10 yrs and go for it. To hunt coins and relics no permit is required.
Thats a mongrel if you guys cant go in state forest type areas.
People are scared their kids could break an ankle stepping in a hole, assuming you won't fill it back in. They don't ask. About the only public place you could look for treasure is beaches.

The same "Karens" that are deciding everything is unhealthy, racist, and insensitive are the same ones that decide what hobbies people are allowed to do outside their homes here. Yeah, it sucks.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

We've been busy, getting the kid's place ready to move into. But daughter & son-in-law showed up yesterday!!! We haven't seen them for over 2 years! Tears and hugs and laughter all over the place. Unloading and unpacking today, SIL will head back to get another load late today. Daughter will stay here with the pets. So good to have them back.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Where did everyone go? It's pretty lonely here, just talking to me, myself & I...

Kids place is starting to shape up, SIL got back with the 2nd load. Headed back over to help pretty soon. 3 cats & a 4 month old puppy take a lot of herding!

Hubby is off fishing again, hope he brings home a bunch. Well, I hope he has a good time, too, lol.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

Where did everyone go? It's pretty lonely here, just talking to me, myself & I...

Kids place is starting to shape up, SIL got back with the 2nd load. Headed back over to help pretty soon. 3 cats & a 4 month old puppy take a lot of herding!

Hubby is off fishing again, hope he brings home a bunch. Well, I hope he has a good time, too, lol.

I may not say much in here, but I always look forward to your posts, most of them make me smile, thank you

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I always come to read, too. Don't post much because it would pretty much be the exact same thing, every day.

Thank you, @misswish, for keeping the thread going, though. You are the champion of consistency! :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Same here - samo samo - life is pretty good except my complaints about Mr JL's bad health not related to Covid , and who wants to hear that all the time?

But I always check here first when I visit VU :hug:
Morning!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Morning!

Hope the hubby catches heaps!
Cat herding. Reminded me of this old guy I knew who rang me and asked me to take his cat to the boarding place for him as he was in hospital. Too easy. I go there and for nearly 40 minutes im "ohh come on mr boots" ,yep that was his name how embarrassing saying that a hundred times over, "come here mate". Id get within two feet and he'd be off to the garden on the other side of the house. Over and over "come on mr boots". My misses in the car waiting finally gets out asking whats the hold up. Im :gaah: I cant catch "MR STUPID BOOTS!
She just goes "oh hello beautiful how are you?"
Mongrel mr boots walks straight up to her, she picks him up and puts him in the travel cage. 😕

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Aw, thanks you guys! I really like this thread, don't post much anywhere else for some reason. I really need to change that. I read a lot of threads, major lurker here.

Hubby reported 3 fish caught yesterday, friend caught 2. Using Hubby's soft baits!!!! He plans on bring home enough for a big fish fry for the kids and us.

Smigo, Mr. Boots sounds like areal character, lol.

VU Sponsors