Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning!

So much rain here! We finally hit our "monsoon" season, lol. The humidity gets to us, we usually very little. It does smell so fresh and clean! Jessie is upset that here favorite plastic wood box perch is wet. At least the deck is covered and dry for her. No, she is not spoiled - much!

I need to get groceries soon, before the holiday and the UFO Festival. It's hard to get anywhere or do anything during all of that!

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

Methinks you understate the spoil-ed-ness of your cat. lol I think your Jessie might take the blue ribbon for Miss High Maintenance Cat of 2021!

But that's ok if you're a cat person. Cats just are what they are, and you either love 'em or you can't stand 'em. I love 'em, myself. :)

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Smigo - We're not far. Roswell is the place for all things Alien. We have the UFO Museum, along with all the scientific researchers, the annual UFO Festival, Galacticon, etc. Our McDonald's has a spaceship, aliens are all over town, street lamps are aliens. Lots of fun and lots of tourists. I'm sure there are videos up that you can see.

Nada - yes, Jessie is spoiled! But she is so sweet and loving, how could we not spoil her? She gives back more than we give to her.

Stay safe and healthy :hug: 👽

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Morning!

Smigo - We're not far. Roswell is the place for all things Alien. We have the UFO Museum, along with all the scientific researchers, the annual UFO Festival, Galacticon, etc. Our McDonald's has a spaceship, aliens are all over town, street lamps are aliens. Lots of fun and lots of tourists. I'm sure there are videos up that you can see.

Nada - yes, Jessie is spoiled! But she is so sweet and loving, how could we not spoil her? She gives back more than we give to her.

Stay safe and healthy :hug: 👽
I like the sound of your town. The street lights sound classic im gonna google it now. :giggle: 👍
Did it, this them?
NMROSlight_ks01_640x310.jpg
images (10) (11).jpeg

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Yep, that's us! We do have more than just the alien stuff, but it is what makes us different than other places. We have lots of fun with it, and we are a tourist town. We get lots of scientists, too.
Come on over and visit!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Morning!

Yep, that's us! We do have more than just the alien stuff, but it is what makes us different than other places. We have lots of fun with it, and we are a tourist town. We get lots of scientists, too.
Come on over and visit!

Id love to, it would be a blast! (Bit old school "Blast" isnt it!") But it would be. I used to love going to carnivals and shows, seeing the attractions, going on rides, buying the crazy touro stuff, fairy floss (cotton candy) creatures on sticks, crazy masks. I miss that these days I really do. But an Alien type fair, show! Id still be like a kid in a toy shop. You lucky dog living there! :D
Our biggest thing in a nearby town is a ......yabby festival. (Your crawfish) :confused:
We get to see....them....crawl real slow against each other in a yabby race.....🥱
See them cooked....😩......eat some....:confused:....see some different colored ones....:confused:
For crying out loud...why cant we have some Alien ones like you guys! 👽

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess living around an "alien fest" all the time might get monotonous. The thrill would wear off eventually.

Around here, we have BBQ cookoffs and competitions, and (once a year) we can drive an hour and a half to a rattlesnake roundup that is super crowded. There is usually so many people that almost nobody can see a damn thing due to other people standing in the way. It's a waste of money, really. Everything costs so much. Even a sample sized bite of rattlesnake meat will cost you $10.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Had an earthquake about half an hour ago. It was only a 3.8 so no damage that I know about, but I did feel it. It only lasted about 5 seconds. I'm going to blame it on the fireworks people are setting off during the daytime totally freaking out my dog.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

b928025b03e21ef5a3be4ecbe5d154dd.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
i can't help but wonder

if ever, at any point in time, somebody was told:

"try not to worry"

and had a little "thanks, i feel much better" or "i should have thought of that, it worked" moment

:hug:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
i can't help but wonder

if ever, at any point in time, somebody was told:

"try not to worry"

and had a little "thanks, i feel much better" or "i should have thought of that, it worked" moment

I don't know about the particular scenario you describe, it seems too simplistic, but I have told friends who were worried and overwhelmed something I learned from Al-Anon - when you feel that way, just try to figure out what is the next normal/right thing, and do that. Sometimes one cannot look at the whole picture and not be overwhelmed or worried. The scenario has to be broken down into parts that can be addressed. Worrying is counter-productive, but action on a part of a problem that one feels confident to address more often will produce a positive result.

Having dealt with offspring with substance abuse and mental health issues, I have had to force myself at times to not worry. If there is nothing I can do, worrying really does not help and it puts me in a condition where I am less able to react when needed. Often one must prepare for damage control, and when decisions have been made about what can be done in the near future, then there is no benefit in thinking about it any more.

It depends on the situation, of course. Life or death situations, you have to just do the best you can. I hope that is not the case in your life right now. :hug:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know about the particular scenario you describe, it seems too simplistic, but I have told friends who were worried and overwhelmed something I learned from Al-Anon - when you feel that way, just try to figure out what is the next normal/right thing, and do that. Sometimes one cannot look at the whole picture and not be overwhelmed or worried. The scenario has to be broken down into parts that can be addressed. Worrying is counter-productive, but action on a part of a problem that one feels confident to address more often will produce a positive result.

Having dealt with offspring with substance abuse and mental health issues, I have had to force myself at times to not worry. If there is nothing I can do, worrying really does not help and it puts me in a condition where I am less able to react when needed. Often one must prepare for damage control, and when decisions have been made about what can be done in the near future, then there is no benefit in thinking about it any more.

It depends on the situation, of course. Life or death situations, you have to just do the best you can. I hope that is not the case in your life right now. :hug:
Thamks

1st psychologist appointment in 5 years tomorrow

Have been relying on psychiatrist, who is less of a conversationalist than me even, GP, and dietitian

Last psychologist appointment in 2016 was a single session in a string of single sessions with bad ones

Lots of screaming at each other. She called me an arsehole. Told me that before she met me, she thought that everyone would find love. But I would die alone and lonely

More screaming. I went to leave, she blocked the door and said that she just wanted to talk to me. I slammed her into the door and demanded she move. She said that she was pregnant. And I told her that she very soon wouldn't be, if she did not fucking move

So I am stressed about appointment tomorrow. Same clinic as 2 good health professional in my team. And I don't want to get banned from the practice

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With the stress my mother is putting me through (with my having to take care of her every need until her wrist is completely healed and she finishes physical therapy plus whatever else), I have been feeling like I need a therapist. Unfortunately, I don't have time for one, since my mother has to go to the restroom every hour or two. No, she can't hold it. She is not yet at a stage where she would need to be in a nursing home, but ain't too far away from being at that point.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Jessie is helping Hubby pack the last minute stuff for his fishing trip. She already helped him put on his shoes and socks, lol. She knows he's leaving and is not happy about it! I think her helping ways are really delaying tactics.

I really hope the neighborhood has used up all of their fireworks! I need to sleep at night.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
With the stress my mother is putting me through (with my having to take care of her every need until her wrist is completely healed and she finishes physical therapy plus whatever else), I have been feeling like I need a therapist. Unfortunately, I don't have time for one, since my mother has to go to the restroom every hour or two. No, she can't hold it. She is not yet at a stage where she would need to be in a nursing home, but ain't too far away from being at that point.

Seriously, you can't take care of others if you can't take care of yourself

We had to say "uncle" a few times when my FIL came to live with us - we could still go see him everyday, and it gave him the motivation to do what he needed to do so he could come back home

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thamks

1st psychologist appointment in 5 years tomorrow

Have been relying on psychiatrist, who is less of a conversationalist than me even, GP, and dietitian

Last psychologist appointment in 2016 was a single session in a string of single sessions with bad ones

Lots of screaming at each other. She called me an arsehole. Told me that before she met me, she thought that everyone would find love. But I would die alone and lonely

More screaming. I went to leave, she blocked the door and said that she just wanted to talk to me. I slammed her into the door and demanded she move. She said that she was pregnant. And I told her that she very soon wouldn't be, if she did not fucking move

So I am stressed about appointment tomorrow. Same clinic as 2 good health professional in my team. And I don't want to get banned from the practice
Hi mate. My misses has seen so called "psychologists" for a number of yrs. At times I was present with her. In her opinion, and mine, they need to see psychologists!
I know what its like, from seeing it, though will never know from experiencing personally. They were all wack in my opinion.
Last several days my misses had a bad time which was stressful for her and walking a tightrope for me. Today though seems to be on the up.
I often say to my misses when she has to see someone, dont jump at the first thing that comes to your head, wait, take a breath or two or three. If they are rude or stupid stay cool and dont let them rattle you, just say "mmmm, ok".
Hoping the best for you Doggy.
Hey, speaking of Dogs, how good are the Doggies looking. Top of the ladder 👍

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi mate. My misses has seen so called "psychologists" for a number of yrs. At times I was present with her. In her opinion, and mine, they need to see psychologists!
I know what its like, from seeing it, though will never know from experiencing personally. They were all wack in my opinion.
Last several days my misses had a bad time which was stressful for her and walking a tightrope for me. Today though seems to be on the up.
I often say to my misses when she has to see someone, dont jump at the first thing that comes to your head, wait, take a breath or two or three. If they are rude or stupid stay cool and dont let them rattle you, just say "mmmm, ok".
Hoping the best for you Doggy.
Hey, speaking of Dogs, how good are the Doggies looking. Top of the ladder 👍
yeah, we go ok this year

midfield is sublime, and i don't see how we will stay within salary cap when contracts come up

on therapist, i survived. Booked in for 4 and 6 weeks. We discussed previous therapists, and i think after hearing that, he was as chuffed about finishing a full appointment and rebooking as i was

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
yeah, we go ok this year

midfield is sublime, and i don't see how we will stay within salary cap when contracts come up

on therapist, i survived. Booked in for 4 and 6 weeks. We discussed previous therapists, and i think after hearing that, he was as chuffed about finishing a full appointment and rebooking as i was
Im gonna back the Doggies. I ditched the Maggies a yr ago. Was a long time supporter from the late 70's. I have never liked Ed, and when Lamumba made the racist crap in the club known, including Ed, the other top idiots and other players I threw all my stuff in the bin and switched to the Doggies, my second, but now team to follow. I read about Lamumba being called racist things from even the other players. Sick. Ill accept anyone from anywhere. So I have a Doggie Hat, Beanie, Tshirt and even :giggle: a Doggie singing money box which I put a coin in each time they kick a goal. Drives my Richmond fan misses mad. :giggle:
Good luck with the other stuff mate.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
yeah, we go ok this year

Very glad to hear that your therapist was an improvement over previous ones.

Caring for elderly parent(s) can be one of the most stressful things anyone ever has to do, especially if there are dementia-type behaviors or an even slightly neurotic personality involved. It is also often a guilt-ridden endeavor, sometimes a no-win situation, and I can really see where a therapist could be helpful. Often one has to "become the parent," which is extremely difficult for almost everyone I've ever talked to about it. It is a strange situation, having to manage and sometimes strongly deal with impaired judgment and bullheadedness of the person who has always been the one who told YOU what to do. They often become rebellious and even more difficult to deal with, and that behavior sometimes does not come from a rational place. I do not envy you, but hope your therapist can be helpful, perhaps give you some techniques to manage things better.

Even a few minutes of solitude, with some peace and quiet included, can be surprisingly helpful. Take a breath and give yourself a chance to regroup, even if it's only for five or ten minutes.

It was about ten years ago I got involved in a family situation that required my involvement in caring for my elderly mother, after my sister was no longer in a position to be able to do it. She was suddenly out of the household and Mother was alone. One of the first things I did was ASK my mother to please limit her driving to her immediate community, in other words, the grocery store, bank, drug store, etc with just a couple miles of her house. One day she took it into her head to go to downtown Raleigh, and when she was finished with her errands, she could not find her car. She had to call one of her friends from the church choir to come to Raleigh to help her find her car. She didn't dare call me - she knew I would fuss at her. But there was an 80-year-old woman wandering around downtown Raleigh for Lord knows how long, totally lost and getting more upset by the minute. She was always a very independent woman, and would agree with my requests to my face, but then when I wasn't around, she would do whatever she wanted. I had to learn to be tolerant and realize that she was losing the ability to view her own behavior in a rational way, which can be dangerous, even around the house.

I hope things improve for you. I really sympathize.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

It's so quiet at my house with Hubby gone! Jessie announces herself when she comes in, but that's it. He's not really loud, but his TV is on, or music going. I use my earbuds!

He's having a good time, lake is pretty muddy from all the heavy rains. His RA is kicking up.

I did some errands yesterday, nice to get out. Today I'm going to pick up my favorite lasagna. I get 3 meals from it, good value and so tasty. They give me extra bread, too!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Morning!

It's so quiet at my house with Hubby gone! Jessie announces herself when she comes in, but that's it. He's not really loud, but his TV is on, or music going. I use my earbuds!

He's having a good time, lake is pretty muddy from all the heavy rains. His RA is kicking up.

I did some errands yesterday, nice to get out. Today I'm going to pick up my favorite lasagna. I get 3 meals from it, good value and so tasty. They give me extra bread, too!

Mmm, lasagna, that's what we are having tonight too.
Tell the boss try some hardbody lures with rattles in them. I often find them affective after the water gets dirtied up badly and the fish switch from hunting by sight to hunting by sound and vibration. 👍
We should be fishing like that now, but alas we have a dingus water board. 🤪

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good News and bad news. The good news is that I don't have to wash dishes for quite some time. The bad news is the reason. 4 days ago, I pricked my finger out working in the yard, clearing sand spurs and trimming out dead sections of rose bushes. The finger got so infected so fast that I had to go to the ER and have them remove the pus, and prescribe antibiotics.

Yesterday was the first signs of trouble, bruise coloration along the nail bed and a little swelling. Today, it was just so much worse that medical intervention was necessary.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good News and bad news. The good news is that I don't have to wash dishes for quite some time. The bad news is the reason. 4 days ago, I pricked my finger out working in the yard, clearing sand spurs and trimming out dead sections of rose bushes. The finger got so infected so fast that I had to go to the ER and have them remove the pus, and prescribe antibiotics.

Yesterday was the first signs of trouble, bruise coloration along the nail bed and a little swelling. Today, it was just so much worse that medical intervention was necessary.
Not good. Good luck healing up though. 👍
I hate rose bushes, and prickly cactus plants. I once was fishing and saw some prickly pears in fruit. The misses likes them so I though ok ill pick some carefully and take a plastic bag of them home for her. Walking back to the car a huge gust of wind slammed the bag into my leg. :gaah::cry: .....Never again.

Best fertiliser for rose bushes. 👍
Knockout_Pro_Glyphosate_540_Herbicide_20L.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Do you know if they ran any tests on it? An infection that gets bad like that, that quickly, I'd suspect MRSA. Is it sensationally sore? Like, way more painful than you'd expect it to be?

If you don't get better with the antibiotics they gave you (and by the way, WHAT did they give you?) do not muck around - go back to the doctor right away.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Whoa, that sounds bad! Sorry it happened, very glad you went to the ER.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not good. Good luck healing up though. 👍
I hate rose bushes, and prickly cactus plants. I once was fishing and saw some prickly pears in fruit. The misses likes them so I though ok ill pick some carefully and take a plastic bag of them home for her. Walking back to the car a huge gust of wind slammed the bag into my leg. :gaah::cry: .....Never again.

Best fertiliser for rose bushes. 👍
View attachment 184084
The only cactus we have here is the spineless prickly pear. We eat it on occasion, and we feed it to our bearded dragon. It is the only vegetation she will eat so far.

It is most likely I got pricked by the sand spurs. It is a type of grass. The spurs have little spiked balls that stick to everything they come into contact with. If you step on one with bare feet, you are screwed. I pulled bucket loads out of the lawn, trying not to get pricked, even though the spurs were still green. They are worse when they turn beige.

Hopefully, the Bactrim will clear out any infection left and allow my finger to heal.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The only cactus we have here is the spineless prickly pear. We eat it on occasion, and we feed it to our bearded dragon. It is the only vegetation she will eat so far.

It is most likely I got pricked by the sand spurs. It is a type of grass. The spurs have little spiked balls that stick to everything they come into contact with. If you step on one with bare feet, you are screwed. I pulled bucket loads out of the lawn, trying not to get pricked, even though the spurs were still green. They are worse when they turn beige.

Hopefully, the Bactrim will clear out any infection left and allow my finger to heal.
Ah, we something like that here too. We call them Bindii. They're one evil plant. Yeah when dry they are as solid as!
This isnt my picture but I did this exactly on both feet 2 to 3 yrs ago. I dont walk barefoot on grass anymore. Used to love it. Thankfully I didnt get any infection like you, but walking for a week was painful and it took 2 months for the last broken spike to come out or disolve in there, one of the two.
images.jpeg
Here's hoping yours gets well soon. 👍

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I'm sure that despite being spineless, they have their own inherent bravery

Can't be good for their self confidence, being called spineless

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm sure that despite being spineless, they have their own inherent bravery

Can't be good for their self confidence, being called spineless
Step on a few dozen like I did and as Sarah's experience who got spiked with infection and you'd wanna Nuke Em!

But in my younger yrs in Melb I dont remember ever seeing them, they may very well be there as they are here in Central Vic though. Mad pain they inflict.
Hey, how did the Mad Dr stuff go!? Hopefully all good for you.
Tried to give you a thumbs up but just wont happen, this sites giving mevth S..s lately.
Stay well Dog.
Getting into the too hard basket to be honest. Ultra pain.
Stay well n safe to all.
Maybe see you all in the future.
Over and out

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I'm happy to hear that they gave you Bactrim. How are you doing?

I got acquainted with sand spurs back in the 60s when we lived in central Florida, just south and west of Orlando. You stick a bare foot off the pavement outside, you'll draw it back with a foot full of sand spurs. They are the very devil.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm happy to hear that they gave you Bactrim. How are you doing?

I got acquainted with sand spurs back in the 60s when we lived in central Florida, just south and west of Orlando. You stick a bare foot off the pavement outside, you'll draw it back with a foot full of sand spurs. They are the very devil.
So far, so good. The dressing shows blood where they cut away the skin and infection. I have an appointment tomorrow morning for a follow up.

The way is was: it hurt almost all the time, increasing just before it spread...like a caldera pushing up on the Earth's crust, looking for a place to vent. Now, it rarely hurts.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah, we something like that here too. We call them Bindii. They're one evil plant. Yeah when dry they are as solid as!
This isnt my picture but I did this exactly on both feet 2 to 3 yrs ago. I dont walk barefoot on grass anymore. Used to love it. Thankfully I didnt get any infection like you, but walking for a week was painful and it took 2 months for the last broken spike to come out or disolve in there, one of the two.
View attachment 184136
Here's hoping yours gets well soon. 👍
Thats the little bastards when they dry and harden. Now you can understand why i want to remove even just a small patch from my yard. I dont want that shit spreading.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thats the little bastards when they dry and harden. Now you can understand why i want to remove even just a small patch from my yard. I dont want that shit spreading.
Oh they suck bad. Our first experience with them was when we went to Queensland 15/16 yr ago. We stopped on the way back to Vic to have lunch about 500ks from the Qld Nsw border. I took our Staffy for a walk in a park. 20 meters into the walk "yelp help me" with sad eyes looking up at me. I pick him up and his paws were full of them. Back here now they are becoming more common. Damn they hurt and I get why you got the infection. When I got my feet full it was several yrs ago when my misses had a bad episode at night and ran off. I was "what the...no..." And I was watching tv at about 11 at night in bare feet. I hit them about 200 meters into going after her with both full of them. I could have stopped but she would have gone who knows where! I sucked it up, rubbed them off, maybe a dozen each foot breaking them off leaving the spines in and still gave chase. The pain was off the chart. I stopped her though which was good and walked the full kilometer back driving them in. I had no choice. Thats why it took so long to get them all out. I hope and pray I never have to do that again. But I would if I had to. They are spur spike landmines to the soles of your feet.
What we do for our loved ones huh!
But you know, I reckon she'd do the same for me if the table was turned. 👍 :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Present. About in a fuss with myself. Know I'm a doer. Know that translates to good worker.

Seems folks find it burdensome to find stuff to do with me. Which then means they put me to working because "hey, seems he likes to work". Truth is I do to a point. Another truth is I don't like feeling I'm burden on others.

"Yep, gotta find something for him to do." *smh* I'm probably misreading my wife going right back to bed. She's off today to get the truck painted. They said it'd be ready tomorrow. Figured we were "up" and I would look at a movie.

Nope, Mrs. Grouchy wanted to go back to bed. "Dad's gonna text and you can go help him after he gets mom back from town." "Ah, okay." He wants some finishing strips nailed up on the ceiling they refinished.

Don't mind helping. Just that it seemed it was burdensome.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Present. About in a fuss with myself. Know I'm a doer. Know that translates to good worker.

Seems folks find it burdensome to find stuff to do with me. Which then means they put me to working because "hey, seems he likes to work". Truth is I do to a point. Another truth is I don't like feeling I'm burden on others.

"Yep, gotta find something for him to do." *smh* I'm probably misreading my wife going right back to bed. She's off today to get the truck painted. They said it'd be ready tomorrow. Figured we were "up" and I would look at a movie.

Nope, Mrs. Grouchy wanted to go back to bed. "Dad's gonna text and you can go help him after he gets mom back from town." "Ah, okay." He wants some finishing strips nailed up on the ceiling they refinished.

Don't mind helping. Just that it seemed it was burdensome.
Keep on keeping on Magic. Im sure people appreciate all you do wether they say so or not.
images.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Keep on keeping on Magic. Im sure people appreciate all you do wether they say so or not.
View attachment 184209

Sure, I get that. It wasn't my point though. My point is it seems like it's I'm a burden. Folks are burdened to find stuff to "occupy" me. This nine out of ten times means I do some kind of work/chore. There's seldom anything "fun" any more.

People know I don't mind to nearly like to work, ergo, they put me to work. It just seems that it's a burden for them to "come up with stuff" for me to "stay busy" doing. I keep working myself out of work and then got nothing "fun" to do.

Fine example if not helping her dad today. I would be out trimming weeds. Weather seems to dictate that as a no go though. So, figured we could look at something together, me and wife. But hang that, I can go help her dad.

Psychologists, psychoanalysts do not have "Fun" pills, just "Happy" ones. And well the happy ones don't work for me. So I figured maybe they had fun pills, that might help a bit. Ah but, there we are then. :(

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Sure, I get that. It wasn't my point though. My point is it seems like it's I'm a burden. Folks are burdened to find stuff to "occupy" me. This nine out of ten times means I do some kind of work/chore. There's seldom anything "fun" any more.

People know I don't mind to nearly like to work, ergo, they put me to work. It just seems that it's a burden for them to "come up with stuff" for me to "stay busy" doing. I keep working myself out of work and then got nothing "fun" to do.

Fine example if not helping her dad today. I would be out trimming weeds. Weather seems to dictate that as a no go though. So, figured we could look at something together, me and wife. But hang that, I can go help her dad.

Psychologists, psychoanalysts do not have "Fun" pills, just "Happy" ones. And well the happy ones don't work for me. So I figured maybe they had fun pills, that might help a bit. Ah but, there we are then. :(
Yeah mate, I know it wasn't. I think I know you regardless of being on the other side of the world. I know you dont whinge and whine but are just honest and wear your heart on your sleeve. That's a good thing mate. Very lacking in the world today and I will say on your part commendable. So hey, :) take it as a compliment.
And.....ahhhh....nahhh....nope.....no.....accept that. Shhhhhh.....👍

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

It is wet here! Sunday we had another storm come through, pounding rain and hail. We had nickel size hail, other parts of town had quarter size. Just found out that the 90 minute storm gave us 3 inches! No wonder there was flooding in places. Jessie was not amused!

Jessie thinks she has a calendar in her head along with her clock. The clock works pretty well for treats time, but her calendar is off by a week. I had to tell that Hubby comes home next Tuesday, not today. She is very disappointed, and not happy with Hubby.

Stay safe and healthy :hug: :grumpy:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So... I got back from seeing the doc. No signs of infection. Cleaning the raw meat stung like hell.

I think if those sand spurs show back up, I'll just kill everything in that part of the yard. I'd rather have a bare patch of lawn than go through this shit again.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So... I got back from seeing the doc. No signs of infection. Cleaning the raw meat stung like hell.

I think if those sand spurs show back up, I'll just kill everything in that part of the yard. I'd rather have a bare patch of lawn than go through this shit again.
I poisoned the entire backyard last yr as it was so over run with weeds. Plus I hate mowing .
This yr the grass has recovered the best iv seen it since we moved in over 10 yrs ago. Some weeds have come back but more grass than ever. I even had to get a new lawnmower the other day.
Its red so it should cut the grass faster. Or so the salesman said! 🤔
20210712_161132_(1).jpg
20210712_161154_(1).jpg

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Not much going on here, which is ok! I might go over to daughter's house to meet her new baby kitty. I need to mix a few things, throw in a load of laundry. Hubby is doing well, caught 4 fish yesterday. Jessie is napping on her recliner.

Sarah, I'm glad that infection is gone! I hate burrs with a passion. Years ago our cats started bringing them into the house in their fur! Hubby tracked down the culprits at a neighbors over-grown and infested back yard, so Hubby sprayed his yard for him. I bet the guy wondered what the heck happened, lol. Picking burrs from cat fur is not fun, stepping on them is worse.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I poisoned the entire backyard last yr as it was so over run with weeds. Plus I hate mowing .
This yr the grass has recovered the best iv seen it since we moved in over 10 yrs ago. Some weeds have come back but more grass than ever. I even had to get a new lawnmower the other day.
Its red so it should cut the grass faster. Or so the salesman said! 🤔
View attachment 184332
View attachment 184333

My battery powered mower cuts grass well enough for me. It's the same mower I used to cop up a rattlesnake with. Anyhow, I got out the grass and weed killer, and sprayed the shit that I have been working on pulling out. It's dead now. If more grows back, I'll kill that too.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Not much going on here, which is ok! I might go over to daughter's house to meet her new baby kitty. I need to mix a few things, throw in a load of laundry. Hubby is doing well, caught 4 fish yesterday. Jessie is napping on her recliner.

Sarah, I'm glad that infection is gone! I hate burrs with a passion. Years ago our cats started bringing them into the house in their fur! Hubby tracked down the culprits at a neighbors over-grown and infested back yard, so Hubby sprayed his yard for him. I bet the guy wondered what the heck happened, lol. Picking burrs from cat fur is not fun, stepping on them is worse.

The infection is still being fought. There is still signs of it in the meat of my finger. You can see where I got pricked at the side of the nail.

20210715_172431.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The infection is still being fought. There is still signs of it in the meat of my finger. You can see where I got pricked at the side of the nail.

View attachment 184343

Have you taken all your antibiotics already? If so, my opinion, for what it's worth, is that you need another round, or a round of something different, like doxycycline or clindamycin. Even cephalexin would be better than nothing. It looks to me like you have little bubbles of infection on the top surface of your finger, too, and there may be infection built up down in your finger where you can't see it.

I'm scared of stuff like this. Been through it myself too often. Please let the doc know what's going on. It's Friday afternoon. Why does shit like this always happen on Friday afternoon?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

View attachment 184343
Nasty! Medical grade Manuka honey is awesome on infections and wounds and kills things many man made antibiotics dont. Silver is another. You can get silver impregnated wound dressings, creams and even band aids.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you taken all your antibiotics already? If so, my opinion, for what it's worth, is that you need another round, or a round of something different, like doxycycline or clindamycin. Even cephalexin would be better than nothing. It looks to me like you have little bubbles of infection on the top surface of your finger, too, and there may be infection built up down in your finger where you can't see it.

I'm scared of stuff like this. Been through it myself too often. Please let the doc know what's going on. It's Friday afternoon. Why does shit like this always happen on Friday afternoon?
Oh no... I am still taking them as prescribed. It has only been a week since I went the ER with the finger full of pus. They know not to prescribe clindamycin, since it stops me from being able to pee... ever. I'd rather not have to wear a catheter and bag again.
The prescription I got is enough to last 20 days. By then, they will know what type of infection it is. If it ain't cured by then, they will know what to do.

VU Sponsors