Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
apparently holter monitor was perfectly normal, including heart rate

verdict on that is that i don't like doctors, they make me anxious

stress echo said that i am unfit, but apparently none of the acronyms are particularly worrisom. He knows i walk every morning, and said that is good but up the pace. Add a little jog if possible

so, that's good
If after all that about a through the roof resting heart rate, high blood pressure and thickening of the wall, you are all good then the Dr is an idiot or milking the system.
Id back the latter, there's a lot of those about.
Not to say they are an idiot and you freak out and be worried but to me there are so many idiot Drs around that they are no better than dimwit mechanics that dont know crap from clay.
My misses today saw hers and the story she told me of her time seeing him was unbelievable, she may as well have gone to see Jerry Lewis in comic mode!

Sent from my LM-X430 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It sounds like some of y'all see doctors like a quack I used to see. The sorry bastard prescribed diabetes medicine to most of his patients so they could give it to him, since he was a diabetic.

One time while I was there, a lady came in complaining of stomachs pain. He gave her a shot. Before she could make it out the door, they have to call an ambulance and have her taken to the big city.

I found out later that the VA kicked him out of practicing medicine at their facilities. To make matters worse, his medical license had been suspended 4 times. When he died, the family would not even post an obituary, and put him in an unmarked grave to keep people from vandalizing it. He really was a piece of work.

Only after I stopped seeing him and found a new primary care, could I get decent care. My back surgery never would have happened, and I would still be on opioids if I were still stuck with quacks like him.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Dang it, first sunshine in 8 days and we have to waste it doing Bank of Mom and Dad duties :(

But, we are all alive a mainly well

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A nice cool front kept the Texas heat down enough that I took the opportunity to groom the male schnauzer. I got the timing down to one hour, ten minutes... great, considering I had to clip his leg hair with scissors due to matting of the fur.

Then, only 15 minutes after I finished and put everything away, it started raining, during bright sunshine. It didn't last long.

20210728_182152.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They're going to stick a bunch of tubes in my body again soon. Last time they did that I had to throw up within seconds after and then a nurse walked back in ordering me to calm the fuck down... something tells me youse muricans just need to be glad you're not the only uns who r living in a 3rd world country.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
European seasons don't fit here, even backwards

First nations people had Melbourne as a 6 season climate. With current being pre spring or early spring

7775d196f0f822cd8ddb0aad818e471e.jpg
6897383e16d547052ddcd23ac97f1a5e.jpg
4d5d9fe56303b09dca252705b261bf32.jpg
e2a9e205669ef8b870636aab107b4492.jpg
4048ca1801c1ea31ed2f84fcfb8435ab.jpg
a4677c43fad80254f79a8f16970f0ffe.jpg
f8d3ced0e0a4a8053d202eee3b3dd154.jpg
1595f9467455086e277e9c3e36376476.jpg
21aa12ef700c71a8f5fb96b0fe6943b9.jpg
debcc36425bb87c1d96afa00acba1c25.jpg
a67c9d5c54b4241f22931bbe03574fca.jpg
9264b4c4be9254acbcb37e01909f13d0.jpg
192629b9654e86817c98e41d363aa691.jpg
dd068826b598a9968549104c8e7fb25d.jpg
7de50b8039c344c3f16fd375f33f0cdb.jpg
df222f79afb5a63278259a93297f54fb.jpg
3ce676261f1721497f5a7946505a99d7.jpg
880a2fce18b84abc4e2ddecdcde235eb.jpg

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, my apologies for not being around lately. My life has not really been the same since my parents both passed away in December.
I have been ok though. Dealing with the double loss has been incredibly hard. Today, it just became incredibly more so.

I got a phone call that my older brother, Jason, was found dead in his kitchen today. He was 42 years old, and my best friend. No idea as to how it happened until the autopsy is performed.

I have no words, but felt that I needed to express this, even if no one here noticed I was gone. Today, another piece of my life and family was taken away. I have no words. I am crushed, devastated, heart broken.

Those of you with family, like em or not, don't take their time here for granted. Make sure they know you love them.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So, my apologies for not being around lately. My life has not really been the same since my parents both passed away in December.
I have been ok though. Dealing with the double loss has been incredibly hard. Today, it just became incredibly more so.

I got a phone call that my older brother, Jason, was found dead in his kitchen today. He was 42 years old, and my best friend. No idea as to how it happened until the autopsy is performed.

I have no words, but felt that I needed to express this, even if no one here noticed I was gone. Today, another piece of my life and family was taken away. I have no words. I am crushed, devastated, heart broken.

Those of you with family, like em or not, don't take their time here for granted. Make sure they know you love them.
Wow im sorry to hear of all you've been going through. Thats a serious life upheaval, parents now brother in such a short space of time. My sincerest sympathy to you.
There's been a lot of people go missing here in recent months, very quiet at times, and all have been missed.
Nice to see you back but I wish for your sake it wasn't under the circumstances you are in dealing with all that grief.
Again very sorry to hear what has happened.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

It's good to see you, but not so under these circumstances. How tragically horrible this is, I'm so very truly sorry for your loss. :hug:

My heart goes out to you in your time of sorrow.
13ee96181611208768ed01f2ddab602a.gif

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's good to see you, but not so under these circumstances. How tragically horrible this is, I'm so very truly sorry for your loss. :hug:

My heart goes out to you in your time of sorrow.
13ee96181611208768ed01f2ddab602a.gif

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !
Wow im sorry to hear of all you've been going through. Thats a serious life upheaval, parents now brother in such a short space of time. My sincerest sympathy to you.
There's been a lot of people go missing here in recent months, very quiet at times, and all have been missed.
Nice to see you back but I wish for your sake it wasn't under the circumstances you are in dealing with all that grief.
Again very sorry to hear what has happened.

Thank you for the kind words. I'll take all I can get right now. Feel like I'm in a haze, and I don't know if I'm coming or going.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I am so sorry to read this! My heart is hurting for you. Many prayers on the way.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I am so, so sorry to hear this. The past year or two have really been tough on you. I hope you will share what you are feeling with your family, and anyone who wants to help you, let them do it. I can't imagine how that feels, but I hope you have family and friends who you can turn to. I am at a loss for words.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am so, so sorry to hear this. The past year or two have really been tough on you. I hope you will share what you are feeling with your family, and anyone who wants to help you, let them do it. I can't imagine how that feels, but I hope you have family and friends who you can turn to. I am at a loss for words.
I have close friends, and some family left. I have one more brother and a sister. My wife, her parents, and my care circle from church. You guys here are my friends too, even if we have never met and I'm barely around lol.

It's tough though. It's a hurt that no words can describe. It helps staying busy with things tho. I worked a little while today until my emotions wouldn't let me anymore. I came home and gave my dog Maxxx the Beagle a bath, that helped me to feel a little more at ease today.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

All is well here. We had the kids over yesterday for burgers and hotdogs, had a good time. Sent them home with all the left-overs and my dish towels. I bought a bunch of micro-fiber dish towels that I love! Hubby had already claimed all of the raggedy ones for his shop.

Jessie is still loving being outside. She helps Hubby open the shop every morning, close it at night. She did give up on waking him up at 4 every morning! Now she waits to hear him get out of bed before she attacks him for loves, lol.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got around to grooming the female schnauzer today. She was looking like a miniature sheep dog, and I don't have sheep sheers. It all had to be done with scissors, mostly electrician's scissors, since they are strong and serrated. Some of the knots hidden in her fur were as large as walnuts, but you couldn't find them without cutting away fur. It took 2 hours to groom her.

20210801_152717.jpg

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got around to grooming the female schnauzer today. She was looking like a miniature sheep dog, and I don't have sheep sheers. It all had to be done with scissors, mostly electrician's scissors, since they are strong and serrated. Some of the knots hidden in her fur were as large as walnuts, but you couldn't find them without cutting away fur. It took 2 hours to groom her.

View attachment 184785
she is amazing

would iso with

14 out of 10

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did my 3rd ribbon make evening news there in the 80s, or was technology still lacking to stream it?

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today, I groomed our ankle biter, saving the easy job for last. Yes, he tried to bite the clipper. What do you expect from a male yorkie? Time: 25 minutes.

20210803_163031.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Finally a nice day here today. Rains filled one of our favourite fishing reservoirs to overflowing and the fish were biting. Got 2 beautiful YellowBelly perch. Great eating.
20210805_151739_(1).jpg
20210805_135535_(1).jpg
20210805_135555_(1).jpg
20210805_134947_(1).jpg
Even saw Wedge Tail eagles soaring high above and calling out.
20210805_134921_(1)_(1).jpg
My fat euro night crawlers. Great bait.
20210805_145352_(1).jpg
Set and ready.
20210805_145035_(1).jpg
The Yella's.
5lb
20210805_142754_HDR_(1).jpg
2lb
20210805_145653_HDR_(1).jpg
And filleted for the fridge. 👍
20210805_170938_(1).jpg
😁

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anybody have experience, or knowledge around full spectrum light lamps for seasonal depression?

My doctor recommended buying one during spring sales, for next winter

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Anybody have experience, or knowledge around full spectrum light lamps for seasonal depression?

In another life I had some but were not for depression.
But there is some info here.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I always thought it was kinda like a gimicky thing, till I sat in front of one in the middle of a long Alaska winter - it really can brighten winter blahs

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So yesterday was so good fishing with how the water was, we are lucky to get dam fills here every 10 yrs, I thought last night "im going again tomorrow yeeha!" Got some extra gear ready and was like a kid on Xmas eve.
Misses woke me at 7am "your not going anywhere, Lockdown 6!"
I wasn't sure if it was a bad dream or she was joking as we had only come out of lockdown mongrel 5 a week ago. And, 5 of those days here rained keeping us inside like lockdown was still going. I get up "tell me your joking!" Nope, we didn't see the news last night telling us it was on again.
Again from Melbourne, cases hours drive away, zero in our region again.
So why did they lock us down? They detected a positive covid result in waste water hundreds of ks away from us in another country town. Id kind of get it if true. But get this, its since been confirmed it was a false positive. Will they admit it and lift our country lockdown and just lockdown Melbourne? Nope, another week of home detention with a 5 km travel limit. More struggling business's destroyed, more homeless and more unnecessary poverty.
:gaah::cuss2:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Well, we're going back up to the high 90's and 100. Nice 80's break while it lasted, lol. Jessie sure doesn't mind, she is spending most of her time out in the deck. Loves to watch the world go by, even sleeps out there at night. When we do get a little rain, she looks at Hubby like, turn it off Dad!

Too bad all the rain we had weeks ago woke up the mosquitos! I hate those things. They just love to wait until I go bed, then dive bomb me. Even had a bite in the middle of my forehead! Got some funny looks for awhile.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Morning!

Well, we're going back up to the high 90's and 100. Nice 80's break while it lasted, lol. Jessie sure doesn't mind, she is spending most of her time out in the deck. Loves to watch the world go by, even sleeps out there at night. When we do get a little rain, she looks at Hubby like, turn it off Dad!

Too bad all the rain we had weeks ago woke up the mosquitos! I hate those things. They just love to wait until I go bed, then dive bomb me. Even had a bite in the middle of my forehead! Got some funny looks for awhile.

Hi. After the winter we have been having with rain everywhere this spring and summer it will be bad for them, mozzies. Im expecting our worst season of mozzies ever.
Reason is we live on the goldfield region. From the 1800's there are gold diggings everywhere. The left overs from that are depressions in the ground a few feet deep in the millions in all directions. And also hundreds of thousands deeper. They all hold water and all will breed mozzies. We get Ross River virus here from them as well as other mozzie born virus's and issues. Two friends of mine in the past few yrs got Ross River. It ruined one for 2 yrs getting over it and the other took 5 yrs and he still is like he's only 70 to 80 % recovered. Tired and fatigued all the time and joint aches. When I go fishing or detecting when they come I wear full sleeve fishing sun quick dry shirts and smother them in repellents. I wear sun gloves and do the same as well as a hat and mozzie face net. Some times in some areas I just dont go to. You can bet for sure this season will be a bad one out in the bush. Wettest lead up to spring iv seen here. Thankfully in the old gold diggers dam just 50 to 100 meters from our place someone stocked it with mosquito fish minnows. They did that a few yrs ago. Up until then it was crazy and we couldn't go outside in the late afternoon or evening. Here Mozzie fish are illegal to put anywhere, but I am so glad one of our close neighbors did. Id shake their hand if I knew who did it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I always thought it was kinda like a gimicky thing, till I sat in front of one in the middle of a long Alaska winter - it really can brighten winter blahs

I had an Internet buddy who found those lights to be the only thing that helped her wintertime depression. I also have heard from a person with chronic psoriasis that those lights work wonders for the affected skin.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just found my mother dead this afternoon when I got back from shopping. I came in the front door, and there she was, in her recliner, gone.

My husband and I will be making arrangements. Fortunately, she has life insurance, leaving me as the beneficiary.

It's still stressful, and the hard part still has yet to hit.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry for your
I just found my mother dead this afternoon when I got back from shopping. I came in the front door, and there she was, in her recliner, gone.

My husband and I will be making arrangements. Fortunately, she has life insurance, leaving me as the beneficiary.

Sorry for your loss Sarah. My mom passed away last week at 86. Hasn’t hit me yet either.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for your

Sorry for your loss Sarah. My mom passed away last week at 86. Hasn’t hit me yet either.
Sorry. I didn't mention her age. She was 74.

After she fell and broke her wrist back in May, I was her caregiver. She was getting recovered to the point where I hardly had to do much for her anymore. She was stubborn, and would not give up.

Being as the TV was off, and she was reclined back in her chair, I can only come to the conclusion she was napping when she passed away.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
All my condolences to @Pastorfuzz and @Lady Sarah. I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. Sometimes all the legalities and arrangements keep you so busy that you really can't stop to absorb what's happened, and then it will catch you off guard later. All I can say is that if there's any family around to help, let them help, because doing all that on your own can be overwhelming. Hugs to you both.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Sorry for your

So very very sorry to read these. My deepest sympathy to you both and your families.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

It's going to be a hot one, again. I'll just keep myself inside and find a few things to stay busy. Even Jessie is inside! At least the humidity is getting closer to normal.

Hubby made a awesome meatloaf yesterday! His first since he was a kid, yay! He really enjoys cooking now, in his retirement. I love it! I spent all my years as chief cook and bottle washer, he can do it all he want now, right? It helps that he's so good at it, lol.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

so sorry to hear

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Weather was good today. Freezing cold though even though the pictures dont show it.
Glad I threw an extra top in the car for us both.
Had the place to ouselves. Fish were biting, was great. Caught 2 beautiful Yella's. Good fighters too when the water is super oxygenated like it is there. 👍
I just wish there was an automatic fish filleting machine, the only downside to catching and eating them is the cleaning bit. :giggle:
20210812_155759_(2).jpg
20210812_133502_(1).jpg
20210812_133435_(1).jpg
20210812_143310_HDR_(3).jpg
20210812_152319_HDR_(1).jpg

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got back from my mother's funeral a little bit ago. I did not stay to see the lowering of the casket. I could not have taken watching that. It was hard enough watching that at my stepfather's funeral. Very little of his family showed up. I was prepared for that. We called the police and asked them to watch the house while we were gone. All security cameras were set. It's a shame that you just can't trust people these days.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just got back from my mother's funeral a little bit ago. I did not stay to see the lowering of the casket. I could not have taken watching that. It was hard enough watching that at my stepfather's funeral. Very little of his family showed up. I was prepared for that. We called the police and asked them to watch the house while we were gone. All security cameras were set. It's a shame that you just can't trust people these days.
:(
That sounded like it was sadder than it should have been. Sorry to hear.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ended my daily activities doing two of the things my mother loved doing when she was my age. My husband and I went out to eat, and I had the seafood platter, consisting of fried shrimp and fish with fries, and then went to an estate sale and spent almost a hundred bucks there.

We had to do something to uplift our spirits, and being country folks, that's a big deal around here.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
With food prices hit by lack of travelling fruit pickers. I am venturing back to the garden, for first time in years

a1db907637444f576d29d99a7d098685.jpg

I'm still planting away also!

But, food production is pretty good right now, I could live off of what my yard produces in a pinch, but I'd lose a lot of weight, lol

I grow a lot of medicinals also. Today, going to start some Valerian and Marshmallow

Am also prepping for my first harvest of Awa (aka Kava Kava)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still planting away also!

But, food production is pretty good right now, I could live off of what my yard produces in a pinch, but I'd lose a lot of weight, lol

I grow a lot of medicinals also. Today, going to start some Valerian and Marshmallow

Am also prepping for my first harvest of Awa (aka Kava Kava)
I only have a small courtyard

How did your tobacco go?

VU Sponsors