nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not much happening here, I took a day off of the Internet yesterday and just hung out with Milly, watched tv and cooked stuff. It's nice being near normal temps again. :)

Milly was like :wtf: when I put on the new tablecloth on, but she adapted quicklyand didn't wrek it...lol

I see she's been in the Scotch again. Look at her, all sprawled out! You're gonna have to lock the stuff away!

Looks to me like Milly quite likes the new tablecloth, actually.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I see she's been in the Scotch again. Look at her, all sprawled out! You're gonna have to lock the stuff away!

Looks to me like Milly quite likes the new tablecloth, actually.

LOL...yeah. At first she was tip-toeing around it like it was made of sandpaper, but soon realized it was comfy.

Watching news, seems the Carolinas got hit pretty good. The storm track was all set to strafe the entire East coast too...full moon, high tide, big storm surges and such.

Screenshot from 2020-08-04 11-18-20.png

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
LOL...yeah. At first she was tip-toeing around it like it was made of sandpaper, but soon realized it was comfy.

Watching news, seems the Carolinas got hit pretty good. The storm track was all set to strafe the entire East coast too...full moon, high tide, big storm surges and such.

View attachment 166202

Finally got up with both my daughters in Carolina. Youngest one, the crazy girl, went to Myrtle Beach YESTERDAY. Says it's fine there. Hmmm.

Oldest is home with a house full of kids, says their power was off early this morning, like before daylight, but by the time she was getting up for the day, it was back on.

No customers without power in the county where my office is. County to the west has 833 customers out. County to the east has 1130 customers out. Huh?

Anyway, it coulda been a lot LOT worse.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cheers and best wishes to all in harm's way today...it's Bloody Mary Tuesday Time!! :cheers:

BTW, wtf is up with the Feedlinks now? I got mine for like $15 and love it, but there is no spare bottle and I can't seem to find any mods under like $40 or the bottles...no China and Vaporider don't count. :p

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Cheers and best wishes to all in harm's way today...it's Bloody Mary Tuesday Time!! :cheers:

BTW, wtf is up with the Feedlinks now? I got mine for like $15 and love it, but there is no spare bottle and I can't seem to find any mods under like $40 or the bottles...no China and Vaporider don't count. :p

eciggity has the Feedlink kit in their clearance section for $32.99, take 50% off that with code CLEARANCE. Their shipping is usually really low, like $5 or so.

I have seen the replacement bottles once or twice over the years, seems like they cost damn near as much as that mod will cost you. But will let you know if I see them again, since I don't remember where it was.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
eciggity has the Feedlink kit in their clearance section for $32.99, take 50% off that with code CLEARANCE. Their shipping is usually really low, like $5 or so.

I have seen the replacement bottles once or twice over the years, seems like they cost damn near as much as that mod will cost you. But will let you know if I see them again, since I don't remember where it was.
Thanks!!! I just grabbed a blue Nudge and a Panther RDA in rainbow. Looks similar to the Peerless build deck ( which I really like) I thought the panther and the colors on that one are cool looking .

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Heck yeah!! I had been there and saw that deal, but not the coupon code..thx!! :D
Snagged...plus used a store credit I'd forgotten about..lol

Snap1191.jpg

And, I got the gunmetal one I'd wanted before too but couldn't find in stock...Yay!
Plus the fact that being on the West coast, shipping from Hawaii is dope. Love eciggity. :cool:

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Home from work. This week was better than last week, thank god. Household is well, dog is staring at the cat because he took her spot on the couch.
Had my dentist appt last Friday, and my tooth could not be saved. Found out why it hurt so bad, though. The sucker was cracked all the way up, came out in 2 pieces. I really don't like missing a tooth, but at least it wasn't a front one. Might've been cute as a kid, but not at 52. Still having to hold my head sideways when I eat, lol.

So for you folks that are around my age... if you have those older metal fillings, look into getting them re-done. She said that's what likely caused my tooth to crack, and very possibly another. I have to go back for more xrays and stuff :(

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
melbourne went into hard lockdown monday

only allowed to leave the house/unit/apartment 1 hour per day to exercise & get groceries within 5km (3 miles) of home

i'm struggling to believe that thursday is still going

just dragging out sssoooo slowly

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
only allowed to leave the house/unit/apartment 1 hour per day to exercise & get groceries within 5km (3 miles) of home

That would not function here. Town is 6 miles away, from your calculation 10km. We've a convenience store petrol filling station at 5km but fact of fact no one shops for groceries there unless it's dire. You pay twice as much for half as less, even without price gouging for a "crisis".

Doomsday Vaper

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Home from work. This week was better than last week, thank god. Household is well, dog is staring at the cat because he took her spot on the couch.
Had my dentist appt last Friday, and my tooth could not be saved. Found out why it hurt so bad, though. The sucker was cracked all the way up, came out in 2 pieces. I really don't like missing a tooth, but at least it wasn't a front one. Might've been cute as a kid, but not at 52. Still having to hold my head sideways when I eat, lol.

So for you folks that are around my age... if you have those older metal fillings, look into getting them re-done. She said that's what likely caused my tooth to crack, and very possibly another. I have to go back for more xrays and stuff :(
Had that happen twice, losing teeth due to cracking with the old fillings.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That would not function here. Town is 6 miles away, from your calculation 10km. We've a convenience store petrol filling station at 5km but fact of fact no one shops for groceries there unless it's dire. You pay twice as much for half as less, even without price gouging for a "crisis".

Same here. We are 13 miles from town, 9 miles from the nearest Dollar General. We could at least get a few canned goods and basics from DG without being robbed blind.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think our closest DG is about 8/9 miles away. It is in a building what seems half a size too small for all the product they stuff in.
They are all like that. I do not think it is fully legal as they are too crowded to be considered handicapped accessible. But it is how they are.

They also have undersized products. Like 14 oz cans of stuff instead of 16 oz, they were the first with 1.5 liters of pop. Not cheaper once you figure things in.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Still here, still doing fine. Hubby is almost ready to start painting the deck enclosure. Jessie is under the table spacing out on catnip. I've had cats that roll in catnip, and a few that eat it. Jessie does both, and yes, at the same time. Hubby looked at me and said - remember that look from the 70's? Lol.

stay safe and healthy :hug:

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OMG what a wonderful day. I went to answer the door this morning and Jen was there but there were some other people with her and it took me a minute to see it was my oldest daughter, my 2 grandson's and son in law. I have not seen my grandsons since 2010. They are all grown now. One is in college and one getting ready to go into the Navy...........OMG I cried so much. They are here for my birthday weekend :)

eeehhhh such a wonderful day. Dave snuck up behind me and took a few pictures so I will post them later :)

I hope you all are doing well and have a fabulous weekend.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Holding here with a bone brain dog. Shrek decided to be a cantankerous butt this morning. First he wakes my wife at 3 Am to potty. Then, fusses at me for waking and decides to go potty again.

I piddle a bit then pass out again. Waiting to see if she gets up here in a little. Need to go get new brakes on her car. She passed her inspection but the mechanic suggested them in a three month window.

I had figured going to Charleston and back daily she likely needed them. So it was assuring he offered the suggestion. May not drive but I grasp the basics of keeping a car up.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have a happy birthday.

Unfortunately (sometimes) we have no choice in the matter of being born or how the first part of our lives go.

Happy birthday @DogMan. Hope it's a good one for you. Excuse me now, as I listen to the crickets chirp from @The Cromwell's ever so enlightening post. Oh wait, they even don't want bothered. *sighs and walks on*

Huh? Only sometimes? *keeps walking and muttering to self about needing to buy Silly Putty(tm)*

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy birthday @DogMan. Hope it's a good one for you. Excuse me now, as I listen to the crickets chirp from @The Cromwell's ever so enlightening post. Oh wait, they even don't want bothered. *sighs and walks on*

Huh? Only sometimes? *keeps walking and muttering to self about needing to buy Silly Putty(tm)*
Sometimes it works out to be a really good thing and sometimes not.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes it works out to be a really good thing and sometimes not.

That I follow. What I don't is suggesting someone controls their birth, their parentage. I had no choice my mom was practically a whore and my dad a child molesting marine.

Yes, I had other choices in life. I did not choose those though. Did not choose being born to parents such as them. Did not choose being born even.

And it makes me wonder who decides if "it worked out well" or not, as you say? Do you say the person's peers decide? Does the person? Who are any of them to judge?

Not trying to stir a fight. I'm just wanting some understanding sincerely. You brought this up as you did so I figure you expected questions. Sorry if I ask rough ones, not ever been an easy question person.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The mother and father control their birth for sure and their parentage/rearing as well most of the time.

Well yes, that kind of figures doesn't it. Didn't think I was special to not choose that. I might have been special to have chosen it was my point, I think.

Then, there's still who decides if the person's life worked "good" or not. The person? Their peers? Who are they to judge?

I know those are difficult questions to answer. Seems like the answers matter as well. If a person does not believe in a higher power, or know if such exists, does that skew their judgement, the judgement of others?

I could keep on with questions like this all night and I am being sincere, not trying to fight. Once asked these kind of questions of a Mennonite priest. He finally admitted to not knowing but instead of discouraging me questioning as I expected, he told me to keep asking.

Would rather understand the life I'm living and maybe enjoy it than not understand and be a complete wreck. Which it seems I am, being a constant patient with my congenital condition. That and having no decent response to a question of what caused it. All I'm told by doctors is to find Jesus. I have to laugh as I did as Jesus and returned from the dead.

What can I be taught further? And I mean that from seeing the example set by my Pap who lived the book of Timothy, the Way of Christ. I saw that, absorbed it, somewhat have lived it as well.

I'm left asking ... next? And I don't mean that in a smart ass way. I mean it sincerely, as in what is next for myself? I'm not finding the answers, the understanding. All I keep getting is questions, no real concrete answers.

And yes, I know ... wait two more years until I'm fifty, I'll get the answers then. Damn ageist elites.

*sighs* Damn it, killed the forum. Um, I found some nice titanium drip tips on Fast Tech. The go from a 510 insert to a 810 wide mouth. They look a bit dorky on Wasps but oh well they fit and give me a chuffy for a Wasp. :)

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy Birthday @DogMan !!

Been a busy day here, all is fairly well, though. Critters all snoozin', we're home from the grocery, sidetracked by having to buy a car battery. Now I'm ready for dinner.
Sorry about the car battery. At least it did not happen on a dark and rainy night in Denton, TX and you had to walk to the castle with the light in the window :)

Got caught with a Battery flat? Now how about that...

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry about the car battery. At least it did not happen on a dark and rainy night in Denton, TX and you had to walk to the castle with the light in the window :)

Got caught with a Battery flat? Now how about that...
Not exactly, thankfully. Was acting weird all week, so went and had stuff checked out. Just really glad it didn't happen while I was at work, considering my hours. Perfect time, if there's gonna be one.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
801 new covid cases in KY yesterday. Just about 3 weeks ago it was averaging around 300.
Now we seem to be in the 600-800 daily range.

The US went from 4 million confirmed cases to 5 million in 17 days.
Yep everything is under control nothing to see here.

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

We got some rain yesterday, short but a lot of water. Just hope some of it soaked in. Hubby was working on the deck when it started, he had to hustle to get all of his tools picked up. Jessie sure didn't like the sound of it, the rain was really coming down hard. She got a little extra catnip to calm her nerves, lol.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Repo rate of just shy of 1 here, apparently

So every 1 person infected infects 1 other person

Apparently that is stage 3 showing in statistics now. And in another week or so we should see the stricter stage 4 showing in stats and repo rate.

VU Sponsors