Daily Check-In Thread

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Huckleberried
Be safe 9:00 PM curfew....
Thank you, I'm home, safe. The facility I work in is located next door to a police station. Never sure if that's a good thing, or not, since some have been broken into and looted. They have plexiglass on their windows now, the street marker has been removed, though the sign is still on their building.

I went to move my car on my break, so I could be closer, ran into a couple groups of cops, asked one if we'd be ok for the remainder of the night, he said he thought we'd be fine. Further out in the lot I saw several Humvees and scads of National Guard standing at attention in front of their vehicles. Distressing, but at that moment, I felt safe, at least.

Our boss announced that anyone that didn't feel safe being away from home, would be allowed to leave, no questions asked, and also if they felt they needed to call in. When we're fully staffed, we have between 35 and 40 people on our shift, though we've been shortanded for a while, having 23 people, tops. TWELVE people went home. TWELVE PEOPLE. I expect fewer to show tomorrow, simply because they know they can get away with it.

There's a lot of unrest in this nation, sadly. I honestly thought the city would go absolutely nuts today, but for today, it's at simmer.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't been around for a while here but life has been beating up on me and to top that off I went to have my blood checked to see how I was doin with my fight with cancer, supposed to every month but I wait three months because of the covid. The night of the day after being there I developed a fever and cough that wouldn't quit and been suffering with it since. Remember my brother, he had early stage3 cancer and DID THEIR CHEMO AND RADIATION BULLSHIT? I got a call from him the other day, hadn't talked to him for a while so I knew something was up. The last time I talked to him was after He got out of the hospital after his second time of going for botched surgeries durring his previus visit, I told you about that, :eek: he was in for a 4 day surgery and got ouit 78 days later.. When I talked to him last he was all excited and bubbling over with joy cause they told him his cancer was completely gone and wanted to check him in 3 months, that was about 6 weeks ago.. Well, this time when I heard his voice it was weak and I knew it was serious:(, couldn't hardly hear him. He said he had starting havingsevere pain all over his body so he went back to the DEATH CENTER (cancer center). They scanned him and told him that he had uncurable cancer in his Liver, Lungs, Bone, and Stomach and with no cure that he would only live 2 or 3 months:(:eek:. And everyone wonders why I am so down on the current medical profession:mad::mad::mad:. All they are taught to do is write perscriptions for big pharma profits. I am sooo glad I seen through their lies and deciet. I'll have more to say about it when I post in the truth about cancer thread. Thank you for listening, I'll step down off my soap box now.
Sorry to hear about your brother Jimi. Not even sure what words to give you when all you can do is pray for people and start picking between bad and worse. Hoping for less pain because there's no fix for it. Doesn't feel like much of a choice. I completely agree with you on the cancer shit, doubt much has changed since my mom worked in cancer research. To some degree there's only so much doctors and research can do, I get we're only human and limited, can't work magic and extend people's lives indefinitely. But pretty much every crooked conspiracy for cash scheme you could think of isn't far from the truth. Baby steps in progress just enough to show some advancement and justify the research grants while slow walking it for job security. Whether it's buying doctors off, sabotaging their research to halt it etc. Some of the shit, the lengths they go to makes Erin Brockovitch look tame.

Really shitty news and I feel for you. Will say some prayers for you and your brother.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
good lord and da shit just continues..
people sick.
a nut in office.
people rioting in the streets of our citys.
wild fires devowering millions of achers of forest land.
Hurricanes and flooding...
and to top it all off..
I saw da yellow light on my septic system go on last night..
DAT MEANS time to PUMP NOW warning warning warning
2 lights mean ya better no put a drop of water down da sink
and 2 lights with da BEEP BEEP BEEP and your screwed,,,
called da septic place ALREADY...

$360.00 YOUCH!

if anyone ever wondered what getting a shitty bill looks like well DERS a good example.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
One year ago today, Me, Mr JuicyLucy and two very pissed off kitty cats got on a airplane in Anchorage and after 14 hours, and couple of other airports, landed in Hawaii in a big leap of faith for a better lifestyle

Mission accomplished - we are celebrating with a bbq and some filet minon

Very, very, very, very grateful we made the jump considering how the world fell apart this year

As Major Payne said, "Still a shit sandwich, just not a soggy one."

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Milly and I are good here, nothing special to report.
It's a normal temp and cloudy/windy but it has rained a little finally. (whew)

Weather is pretty crazy for this time of year. Gonna be 80 degrees on the first of Oct. ??? o_O

Screenshot from 2020-09-24 15-11-01.png

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Not much here to report, either. I drove Hubby to get get groceries yesterday. That's about it. Jessie is her usual fun self. She came in last night from the deck - she had a moth wing on her chin! Lol.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear about your brother Jimi. Not even sure what words to give you when all you can do is pray for people and start picking between bad and worse. Hoping for less pain because there's no fix for it. Doesn't feel like much of a choice. I completely agree with you on the cancer shit, doubt much has changed since my mom worked in cancer research. To some degree there's only so much doctors and research can do, I get we're only human and limited, can't work magic and extend people's lives indefinitely. But pretty much every crooked conspiracy for cash scheme you could think of isn't far from the truth. Baby steps in progress just enough to show some advancement and justify the research grants while slow walking it for job security. Whether it's buying doctors off, sabotaging their research to halt it etc. Some of the shit, the lengths they go to makes Erin Brockovitch look tame.

Really shitty news and I feel for you. Will say some prayers for you and your brother.
Thank you my friend. Cancer does really suck, I've been fighting lat stage 4 for over 5 years now, I never did chemo or radiation like they wanted me to do and every day I am glad I didn't. You are so right, some of the shit does make Erin Brockovitch look very tame, just crazy. They never will find a cure for it as long as they are making the profit they are on the current treatments. Even the doctors get a 6% kick back on chemo to help them sleep better I guess :mad:
Hope your dad is doin better and is home soon.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thank you my friend. Cancer does really suck, I've been fighting lat stage 4 for over 5 years now, I never did chemo or radiation like they wanted me to do and every day I am glad I didn't. You are so right, some of the shit does make Erin Brockovitch look very tame, just crazy. They never will find a cure for it as long as they are making the profit they are on the current treatments. Even the doctors get a 6% kick back on chemo to help them sleep better I guess :mad:
Hope your dad is doin better and is home soon.
Hang in there Jimi mate! ?

Unseasonal cold weather here for us in Central Victoria Aus. Last time this happened 10 yrs ago we had floods. Its in our 10 yr cycle for our region so hoping if it does it doesn't do the damage it did the last time here. But its not unusual for us, part of our cycle here.
Hope everyone there in the US is OK with those storms/cyclones you have been getting.
I dont live in Ballarat, am a bit over an hours drive north, but this is our recent Spring weather and why I brought my worm farm inside under the shelter of the garage. "I'll save you wormies!" :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still avoiding the virus.
Mowed for 7 hours yesterday. Go back today for a couple of hours of weed eating...
And make a Wally world stop on the way back home.

Might stop by Krogers and pick up a ribeye for the wife and a Sirloin for me to grill out this evening.
And see if the Amish roadside stand has any good tomatoes...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Hey y'all, are you really wanting me to answer myself? Not fair :facepalm:

Pretty samo samo here too, lol

Sunday, so in a few hours will go do yoga with my neighbor in her yurt; we will swill a lot of tea afterwards then gossip with the neighbor next to her

Oh, I started a cleansing fast yesterday, so a little draggy, but not too bad

Glad you are doing well, and wish the best for those who are not

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Haven't checked in here in forever, it seems, but there's not much that's new to report. I'm still working from home every day, we're still picking up groceries from the Walmart pick-up lanes once or twice a week, and that's about all that's going on. I occupy myself with lots of Kindle Unlimited reading and an occasional TV program or Netflix movie.

Haven't even really kept up with stats or news. Could really use a second stimulus check, if DC could ever quit arguing about stupid mess. Please don't take this as a political statement. It isn't. It's just the realiity of the situation, no matter which side of the aisle you favor.

My son will be getting his things together this week and heading back to live and work in Savannah this Thursday. For his sake, I am glad that most of the summer has already passed. It is hot as forty hells down there in the summertime.

Everyone stay as safe and healthy as you can!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What time is it?
ITS SEAHAWKS TIME!!

mQ6xhzIl.jpg

GJ1CVHxm.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Old pic but still relevant...today...muahahaa!!

Screenshot from 2020-09-27 14-43-25.png

We gonna ride us some cowboys... hawwwyeeted.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yesssir...opening play of the 3rd is a interception, then a TD throw by DangerRuss....30-15 Hawks. :D

IMG_20200927_152545.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, gross...i got a bill in change from the local Rite-Aid that reeks of cheap perfume and looks to have blood on it...cashier wouldn't take it back. Welcome to the ghetto...:rolleyes:

Mebbe it's nail polish or paint..but likely not.
Lottta homeless/addicts and hookers hang around and/or sleep on the premises....I've nearly stepped on needles in the parking lot...next to a small pile ofripped off tags from shit they stole from other stores.

IMG_20200927_162038.jpg

Much sanitizer was used today....

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
OK, gross...i got a bill in change from the local Rite-Aid that reeks of cheap perfume and looks to have blood on it...cashier wouldn't take it back. Welcome to the ghetto...:rolleyes:

Mebbe it's nail polish...but likely not.
Lottta homeless and hookers hang around and/or sleep on the premises....

View attachment 170007

Much sanitizer was used today....
That's a bit gross handing to you and not willing to take it back. Id have grabbed something worth a buck and slapped it down on the counter. Easy to say with time to think about it though.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
31-38 Hawks, with under 2mins to go in the 4th..bring it cowgurlz!!!

cow_lady_by_randomm123-d33pxjv.jpg

NVM, we won...hahahahahahahaa

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's a bit gross handing to you and not willing to take it back. Id have grabbed something worth a buck and slapped it down on the counter. Easy to say with time to think about it though.

She probably wouldn't have taken it, she gave me other 1's as well....

Welcome to lyfe in Spokompton. Good thing I'm not allowed to own firearms...I'd use them...for cleaning.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pleasant enough day. Helped do laundry. Feeling bad pain in upper groin area up through abdomen, up left flank. Been having this off and on, flaring up more painful as time goes on. So far none of the PA's have figured it out and no doctors either. Sent a message to my primary, told him schedule a scan.

Of course, they'll likely tell me my appendix (which I had removed at 17) are fine, again. No, I'm not joking. My mom bust her gut and told me to ask for a refund. Told my wife I'm about ready to bring an attorney in with me to see a doctor for all the quackery. She shook her head. It's worrying her, and show of hands how many husbands want to worry a wife? IKR?

Still it was a nice day. Leaves are starting to turn here. :) Got to wait until 23 PM local to see if I get called for work. Got my mind frazzled. Started thinking of my mom and how she didn't leave an abusive man as we grew up. Her reasoning/excuse was fear.

Thought, well at least she did what she thought best. Then, thought and she was the adult at the time. That rang very hollow.

So yeah, pleasant day at any given. I did enjoy it despite the negatives. :) Sincerely, I did.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Home from work. Busy, busy day. Everything on me hurts, but I'm home, I have my heating pad and I have my feet up. :)

Doggie dog is snoozin in the bedroom. Kitty 1 is chillin in a chair in what we call "Penny's room", Kitty 2 is hanging out in the kitchen, lol.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Pleasant enough day. Helped do laundry. Feeling bad pain in upper groin area up through abdomen, up left flank. Been having this off and on, flaring up more painful as time goes on. So far none of the PA's have figured it out and no doctors either. Sent a message to my primary, told him schedule a scan.

Of course, they'll likely tell me my appendix (which I had removed at 17) are fine, again. No, I'm not joking. My mom bust her gut and told me to ask for a refund. Told my wife I'm about ready to bring an attorney in with me to see a doctor for all the quackery. She shook her head. It's worrying her, and show of hands how many husbands want to worry a wife? IKR?

Still it was a nice day. Leaves are starting to turn here. :) Got to wait until 23 PM local to see if I get called for work. Got my mind frazzled. Started thinking of my mom and how she didn't leave an abusive man as we grew up. Her reasoning/excuse was fear.

Thought, well at least she did what she thought best. Then, thought and she was the adult at the time. That rang very hollow.

So yeah, pleasant day at any given. I did enjoy it despite the negatives. :) Sincerely, I did.
Sorry to hear your having some pain issues. You ever tear a muscle or anything in that area years ago? I ask because I tore one in that area 22 ish yrs ago and now as im a bit older it comes back to haunt me now and then if I strain it. Did so just a few days ago actually and took a couple of anti inflammatories to settle it. All good now.
Hope its nothing or just something like that for you. ?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You ever tear a muscle or anything in that area years ago?

Not sure though it does at times feel a muscular issue. It hurts to laugh, cough, sneeze. Wound up with a stiffness in my chest this morning. I'm thinking that may be stress.

This damn "stringer" job has me wound tight in all the odd hours "waiting by a phone" in hopes I have work, get my employee numbers entered correctly, hear and write down a job number correctly, can get a ride even at an hour's notice.

*deep sigh* Effing numbers and bollocks. Would much prefer a weekly schedule given regular hours without all the hoops presented to jump through. There's work but only one or two possible openings full time.

I understand using a stringer method to weed people out, it's still not right given what it entails. It's a damn custodian job, not top dollar brain surgeon, or rocket science. At most it could possibly pay $25,000 USD annually, only just and only if one gets on full time.

I reckon, "welcome to the hunger games". Sorry but no, I don't play that. I end up not liking where I make myself go. Can be clean and professional, like it sloppy when I get that way. It's not a nice me.

As the expression goes, "like dawg man, like dog." *chuckles & shakes head*

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Not sure though it does at times feel a muscular issue. It hurts to laugh, cough, sneeze. Wound up with a stiffness in my chest this morning. I'm thinking that may be stress.

This damn "stringer" job has me wound tight in all the odd hours "waiting by a phone" in hopes I have work, get my employee numbers entered correctly, hear and write down a job number correctly, can get a ride even at an hour's notice.

*deep sigh* Effing numbers and bollocks. Would much prefer a weekly schedule given regular hours without all the hoops presented to jump through. There's work but only one or two possible openings full time.

I understand using a stringer method to weed people out, it's still not right given what it entails. It's a damn custodian job, not top dollar brain surgeon, or rocket science. At most it could possibly pay $25,000 USD annually, only just and only if one gets on full time.

I reckon, "welcome to the hunger games". Sorry but no, I don't play that. I end up not liking where I make myself go. Can be clean and professional, like it sloppy when I get that way. It's not a nice me.

As the expression goes, "like dawg man, like dog." *chuckles & shakes head*
Yeah, stress can do some weird things and affect more than we often realise.
Here's hoping things get brighter for you all round in the near future mate. ?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get some strange info sent to me at times but this one is pretty interesting, especially for all of you in the bushfire areas. Check it out ?
Yep will remove dust and particles but not odors, chemical fumes and such. used to use the same setup in my workshop while sanding and such. HEPA filter should catch most smoke particles but not help with odor.
Need charcoal for the odor and fumes.

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

It got up to 101* yesterday, and our AC went out. It's a new unit we just bought last winter! I didn't even shower all day, no use and a waste of water. We are not happy campers! They are coming out this afternoon, and I hope Hubby has settled down by then. Poor Jessie was sprawled out in front of the fan. I was putting ice cubes in her water bowl.
Nada - I love Kindle Unlimited! I read a lot, so I get my money's worth.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh and on Kindle. I usually get some amazon gift cards from family for Christmas. Usually takes care of any books i buy for the next year.
I come from a family of "them readers" :)
Read the entire encyclopedia set before graduating HS.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

All is well here. Hubby is feeling better, less pain. Have to go to Walmart in a bit to pick up medicines.
Jessie is crashed, had her catnip earlier. She'll be going strong pretty soon.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
On Sunday I had to go for a pre-op screening test for COVID as I have a procedure tomorrow. Got results in 24hrs from a nose swab. Negative!
I'm aware there is question as to the accuracy of a swab test but I'm good with this result.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made us steamed broccoli with cheese sauce and some Mac and tomatoes, pan of corn bread and cut up a watermelon. Have Cauliflower and cheese sauce and a big ol salad from yesterday.
Gonna grill some steaks and bake taters tomorrow.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We are well - hoping everyone else is too, or as well as can be under these trying times

Bottled up some Jun that was a-brewing and started a new batch

Will be smoking a new batch of home cure bacon in a little while

Also sterilizing some used bottles for reuse in the near future - going to try brewing ginger beer

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Checking in. As well as can be. Cat scan scheduled, hopeful it can help resolve any issues.
Good luck with it. ?

All pretty good here.
Though regional Victorias restrictions as far as travel and accomodation have been greatly eased. Many who this time of year would have gone interstate couldnt so now we are being literally swamped by people from down south in the state to have a get away. Our caravan park is totally full as are all the others in our region. Have never seen so many cars and 4wds towing caravans on the road in my life! You never saw these numbers of them at Xmas time or any other holday season, not even half of them. Never seen so many people in the bush fossicking and camping either. Its bizarre to see really. Masks are still mandatory but, those that have come up here to our areas with no active covid cases are seeing it as also an excuse not to wear them. I was fishing the other day at a lake which has a van park next to it and nobody coming in and out of it or walking past me as I fished wore one. I was the only one who had one. Im hoping none of our small towns gets an outbreak with these huge numbers that have come upon us because our small limited health systems wont cope at all. Time will tell I guess. Rant over.. :giggle:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I haven't checked in for a while... so here I am. Been out and about yesterday and today, surprisingly most folks had masks on. Me and hubby went to Bob Evans for lunch, it was nice to be out in a restaurant again. Although they are seating at half capacity leaving empty tables/booths in between. Service was really slow... we waited 40 mins for our food to come out. Guess they have half the kitchen staff too!

Hubby had to have some medical procedures done under anesthesia (nothing life threatening) yesterday + today. I wasn't even allowed in the building. Patients only. :mad: For the last two mornings I've had to sit in the car for 2 hours waiting. Neither of us were happy about that. He wanted me there to hear what the doc had to say.

People are starting to panic again... we're seeing some of the bigger warehouse stores literally taking stock off the floors and hiding it in the back. Stuff like paper towels and toilet paper. I guess they are trying to prevent the bulk/hoard buying that's starting again.

So far no one in my family or circle of friends has been affected, we've all been very blessed!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I miss Bob Evans, but have not eaten out since early March. Not even to go.
Saved a lot of money too.
Since March I've been in a restaurant maybe 3-4 times. But I do order takeout a lot using Doordash or delivery. I hate to cook.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I haven't checked in for a while... so here I am. Been out and about yesterday and today, surprisingly most folks had masks on. Me and hubby went to Bob Evans for lunch, it was nice to be out in a restaurant again. Although they are seating at half capacity leaving empty tables/booths in between. Service was really slow... we waited 40 mins for our food to come out. Guess they have half the kitchen staff too!

Hubby had to have some medical procedures done under anesthesia (nothing life threatening) yesterday + today. I wasn't even allowed in the building. Patients only. :mad: For the last two mornings I've had to sit in the car for 2 hours waiting. Neither of us were happy about that. He wanted me there to hear what the doc had to say.

People are starting to panic again... we're seeing some of the bigger warehouse stores literally taking stock off the floors and hiding it in the back. Stuff like paper towels and toilet paper. I guess they are trying to prevent the bulk/hoard buying that's starting again.

So far no one in my family or circle of friends has been affected, we've all been very blessed!
Hi. So numbers are rising again where you are? Thats a worry.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi. So numbers are rising again where you are? Thats a worry.
I'm in Ohio... We've been staying pretty high and have peaked a couple times over the last few months. Our gov. created a color coated scale... I'm in Trumbull County, we've been in the red numerous times. I believe this is the most red counties we've had at one time... and we've had 4 or 5 reach purple. They're telling us to expect a spike now that the kiddos are back in school.

1601436330531.png

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

We haven't eaten out except for Denny's 2 months ago when I was quite animated and insistent on eating out after a sedated surgical procedure. They were the same except our food was pretty fast. And yeah. The sedation wore off and I wanted to get home before I finished. lol

I have a 9:30am procedure tomorrow and have to check-in at 8am. He can't come in the hospital and wait either. Last time he waited in the car, in summer, at 110 degrees in the shade. This time I told him to go home and the nurse would call him to be there by noon.

@Smigo too. It's near winter and flu season! I just did an inventory count. We need more.

And He just told me the CDC just came out with new stats on surviving the virus. Age 75+ is 94% survival rate. Under that is 99%. I gotta look that up. I've heard from others about shelves looking a bit more bare than usual.

You really are blessed, Pami. So sorry to hear your circle has been affected. None of our family or friends have been affected, thank goodness. No new deaths here but 400+ new cases.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You really are blessed, Pami. So sorry to hear your circle has been affected.
I think you read that wrong... I said NO ONE in my family or circle has been affected. ;)

Oh good grief, I haven't even thought about flu season yet. But I'm pretty secluded so I usually don't get hit hard with that kind of stuff.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Masks and covid precautions will protect from flu as well.
Still a complication for sure.

I used to enjoy The Onion web page, but then it got so I could not tell it from regular 'news'...

VU Sponsors