Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I usually call my misses buttercup but I guess in some countries Dog is acceptable culturally wise. :giggle: ......
;)
You know I'm kidding right.

Aye, I kin the joking. :)

One thing country boys appreciate as much as a wife are their dogs. Mine happened to got up with me at the time. Wife was still sleeping. Difficult cuddling her with the boot. Our dog is a little one, nuzzles nicely against my chest.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Aye, I kin the joking. :)

One thing country boys appreciate as much as a wife are their dogs. Mine happened to got up with me at the time. Wife was still sleeping. Difficult cuddling her with the boot. Our dog is a little one, nuzzles nicely against my chest.
:) Here in Oz our stock drovers refer to cold nights this way.
Cold night, 1 dog night.
Frost, 2 dog nights.
:giggle:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:) Here in Oz our stock drovers refer to cold nights this way.
Cold night, 1 dog night.
Frost, 2 dog nights.
:giggle:

Heard that quite a while a back. Listen to some 3 dog night at times. :) Imagine a 3 dog night would see you wanting to be by a fire in a cabin.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

We're doing well here, just usual boring stuff. Hubby got a delivery, so Jessie got a new box to play in. With paper in it! Might have to put in a closet tonight though, pretty noisy when you are trying to sleep. She does have fun!

Stay safe and healthy

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Well, new cases are on the rise again in Ohio. Gov contemplating regs again. :( People in Ohio have let their guards down. Going out without masks on, not taking all the cleaning precautions.

Gotta be at the hospital on Monday for hubby's procedure. Not looking forward to being in that germfest at all. You can bet I'll be piling on the hand sanitizer and changing clothes the minute I get home.

Other than that, all is well here. Family and friends all still healthy.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice weather, heat kicked on last night for the first time..heheh. We like it. :D

Milly and I are adjusting well...I got her in winter after all. She has ridiculously dense and glossy fur.

Seahawks having a ruff game...realized my stress wasn't just game-related. I've been irritable and shit for a long time now and it's because I followed the herd and went down in nic. Fuck that.

I gave up drugs years ago, but there has to be a balance and I've neglected it.

Dug in mah old shit and found a bottle of 24mg 'Notre Dame' juice from 2014...and vaped it. Feeling much less murderous now. =)

I'm the guy who smoked bare-azz rollies or Chesterfields/Lucky's/Pall Malls, and tore the filters off Marlboro reds....I don't do MTL and I don't power hit the DL either. I'm in the middle. I've tried to like 14mg, but fact is,. I do not. I did 18mg for a bunch of years...shoulda stayed there.

Only reason you guys 'enjoy' 3mg or such is yer vaping high-power on low res...it's just math. I don't do that and don't wanna.

Surprise, Hawks having a comeback now... ;)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
5-0 baybeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sis and I are jubilant as fuck. :D

IMG_20201011_202509.jpg

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
.realized my stress wasn't just game-related. I've been irritable and shit for a long time now and it's because I followed the herd and went down in nic. Fuck that.
That's the thing with vaping, you can find your happy place and go with it. Just do what it takes to stay off the cigs!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Nice weather, heat kicked on last night for the first time..heheh. We like it. :D

Milly and I are adjusting well...I got her in winter after all. She has ridiculously dense and glossy fur.

Seahawks having a ruff game...realized my stress wasn't just game-related. I've been irritable and shit for a long time now and it's because I followed the herd and went down in nic. Fuck that.

I gave up drugs years ago, but there has to be a balance and I've neglected it.

Dug in mah old shit and found a bottle of 24mg 'Notre Dame' juice from 2014...and vaped it. Feeling much less murderous now. =)

I'm the guy who smoked bare-azz rollies or Chesterfields/Lucky's/Pall Malls, and tore the filters off Marlboro reds....I don't do MTL and I don't power hit the DL either. I'm in the middle. I've tried to like 14mg, but fact is,. I do not. I did 18mg for a bunch of years...shoulda stayed there.

Only reason you guys 'enjoy' 3mg or such is yer vaping high-power on low res...it's just math. I don't do that and don't wanna.

Surprise, Hawks having a comeback now... ;)

How far down in nic did you go?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How far down in nic did you go?

12-14-mg or so. Occasionally using pre-made juice that was lower.

I was happy for years at 18, but with a bit higher power use now and not MTL gear as back in the day, I think 15-16mg is where i should be. I do R-DL at under 40W with mostly single coil wattage mode mods. Some mechs, but usually around half an ohm or so.

Put it this way, I vaped pure 24mg juice from 2013 all last night and I felt great. No after effects and I slept just fine. ;-)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Chargers @ Saints on MNF in Lousiana.....WHO DAT?! :yes:

The Unholy Chelada is go....

1/3 V8 & Louisiana Supreme Hot Sauce, 2/3 Coors and ice in a vintage Crisa glass. No fancy shit here.

IMG_20201012_171504.jpg

Good with these:

b160f1f2d4bab1e39010312eb8ea60cb_large.png

Rumour has it, might be the last time we see Brees on MNF..... :(

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, poop...right after some rains too. Sorry for the trees...this city is plastered with trees everywhere.
We got a big one here that is hanging over badly since the ice of last year, and it's over the main transmission line for the whole block. It's a tough one, survived 45+ mph winds so far...

Screenshot from 2020-10-12 19-26-46.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, they took Brees out, put in Hill... a TD and a tie going to OT likely....o_O

Screenshot from 2020-10-12 20-10-29.png

*Chargers missed the FG for the win...muhahahha...yeahhhh Overtime!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sunday we get an announcement on revised restrictions. Strong rumours that the stay within 5km of home rule will be relaxed (but still no more than 2 hours a day)

I have to say, that after being home bound since 2nd august. I feel quite agoraphobic, and scared of the world

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Sunday we get an announcement on revised restrictions. Strong rumours that the stay within 5km of home rule will be relaxed (but still no more than 2 hours a day)

I have to say, that after being home bound since 2nd august. I feel quite agoraphobic, and scared of the world

I've begun to feel that way myself, a bit. It's not overwhelming yet, but I can kinda feel it coming.

My own "confinement" has been really extreme. My vitamin D level is probably about 10 right now, and 30 is normal, meaning I have hardly even been outside. I have taken some supplements, but not nearly what I should have.

What makes me saddest of all is the thought that we might never comfortably be able to have family get-togethers where anybody who wants to bring someone from outside the family can do so. I have five grandchildren that I haven't seen since the first of the year, and it looks like I won't be seeing them any time soon. We won't have any Christmas or birthday get-togethers, and now that my son's kids are back with their mother, we won't see them either. It makes for very lonely times for us older, unhealthy people. (I'm immunocompromised and now over 65, and my husband is older than me, so he and I both are in the high-risk group. The way he has smoked for the last 50 years, I can't believe he doesn't have COPD, but he says that the doctor says he doesn't. I don't know if I believe that or not. I know I believe he would tell me a little white one to keep me from worrying and nagging him about smoking.)

A coworker of mine made me promise her that I would get my husband to go with me and just go for a ride once a week or so, just to get out of the house and breathe a little easier. I haven't done it yet, but probably should. Hell, there's so much we can't do, I guess we should make a point of doing everything that we can to stay as close to normal as it is possible to get.

Hang in there, @DogMan.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Nada - Hubby and I do get out about once a week or two. I drive and he gets the groceries. It does feel good to get out of the house and see what's going on in town. Better for our mental health, too.
Jessie is having a great time with her new box and brown paper. I had so un-crumple some of the paper, she has to be able to underneath some of it. Hey, sprinkle a little catnip in there and she turns into a Tasmanian Devil!

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
plan for this morning

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201014_044533_au.gov.vic.ptv.jpg
    Screenshot_20201014_044533_au.gov.vic.ptv.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20201014_044457.jpg
    Screenshot_20201014_044457.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2020-10-14_05-07-51.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-14_05-07-51.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2020-10-14_05-04-12.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-14_05-04-12.png
    363.8 KB · Views: 6

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Would hate running in to that thing when taking a leak in the woods!

From what I've read, they are uncommonly fierce and aggressive. I wouldn't want to encounter one ANYWHERE.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
From what I've read, they are uncommonly fierce and aggressive. I wouldn't want to encounter one ANYWHERE.
Never saw one myself, but when i was up north 2 weeks ago i ran into a Badger in the backyard when i was mowing. She had a hole in the side of a hill that i got too close too. She was not a happy camper.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Never saw one myself, but when i was up north 2 weeks ago i ran into a Badger in the backyard when i was mowing. She had a hole in the side of a hill that i got too close too. She was not a happy camper.
They're not big. Crazy as but a swift kick would get rid of one. You'd have to fall unconscious overnight where they were to be worried about them really. Nasty and agro but I'd be more worried about snakes, dingoes, spiders, feral dogs and pigs than a Tazzie Devil. It was similar unfounded fear that saw the demise of the Tazzie Tiger. Though the Thylacine Tiger was less agressive and only fed on carrion. The Devil kills and eats small stuff, biggest is small wallabys but often than not also dead stuff. Its nothing really for a person to fear. Now n then dumb tourists get bit but the word "dumb" is emphasised when they try to feed them.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just a quick post here, we're fine. :)

We had scattered showers and winds up to 63mph yesterday but never lost power...lotta people did. Falling trees all over starting fires on power lines, car wrecks, etc.

It's colder now, woke to about 40F temps outside and it is 65F in the unheated living room. Milly is smart and staying in the nice and warm bedroom. She did not like all of the wind crashing around and shaking the building yesterday.

Supposed to get the first freeze soon here...it's finally October weather. Yay! :D

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Well, she does a lot of zooming, attacking paper and toys, bounces off the walls, up and down the furniture. Pretty funny to watch! But she does not attack us - she knows who feeds her and she loves us. Right now she's cuddled up around Hubby's arm and they are both asleep. Cute.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty epic clouds I saw on the way to the store today. :D

IMG_20201014_164234.jpg

Amazing layers of contrast. No rain, though. ;)

PS: this site is barely loading ATM, and I tried using my usual Comcast plus two other VPN locations and still crawling. Maybe a CF deal or yer being DoS'd, IDK. Can't even login hardly, much less upload a mere 500kb file...loading like dialup in 1998. :(

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Pretty boring at my place. Hubby is taking his morning nap, Jessie is out on the deck looking for bugs. No plans for the day. Didn't buy anything on Prime Days. Oh well.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Doing well here, staying out of trouble. I mixed up more juice, cleaned a few tanks. Hubby made more fish baits, he's getting really good at it. Jessie decide it to run across the bed a few times to wake me up. Patted my face, talked. She never does this to me, I thought there must be an emergency! Nope, she just got wound up and decided she wanted company. Little twit.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Feel free to delete, if this is seen as political comments. But it is just me yearning for the beach, really.
e9b7513d1ac28fb098d0f0491ed41cbe.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
They like pushing their power down there don't they?
Yep. Here in the bush 40 people can be in a pub drinking as much grog as they like getting drunk and 70 outside doing the same.
But Christians are not allowed in churches to worship and are only allowed to gather up to 20 plus a minister outside in whatever the weather is.
Its clear and outright religious persecution.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, got the news that someone I've known many many years died of Covid

As a check, we are doing well - went boogie boarding today, and caught a few righteous waves

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting article I read a couple weeks ago,,, sorry no link.

The writer was trying to trace covd19 inside the dead persons room. He wasn't looking for bad housekeeping.. Just where was the contamination within the room.

He fully expected the night stand to be covered from coughing and touching.. But it wasn't nearly as bad as the bathroom.

The bathroom was pretty bad, but in a tight zone to the toilet.

Years ago 20/20 or 60 minutes did a story about toilet flush spray reaching 6 ft when the toilet lid was up as the toilet was flushed. It makes sense,, you become exposed (toothbrush too) to everything everyone before you "crapped out"

Another person was talking about the stuff under our finger nails, I believe that as well.. I use a nail scrubber & do the surgery routine when I wash my hands.

Back to the toilet,, many public toilets don't have a lid to close prior to flushing- wear your mask when using those.

Anyway,, my random mention for the day. I hope all are doing well.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Checking in. Have to go into civilization today for a doctor's appointment at 2 pm. Trying another new PCP on for size. I'm sure they'll stick me and draw enough blood to make me woozy, because I need to be tested for about a dozen things. Not looking forward to it, although I do have a nice, new, spiffy cloth mask to wear. Ordered one for me and two for hubbs off eBay; they are some of the ones that use the disposable filters, so I also ordered a pack of 100 filters. I think we're good for a while. lol

Hubbs is talking about picking up Chinese food on the way back through town. Omg, makes my mouth water just to think of it. Roast pork egg foo yung and fried rice, yes ma'am! Or Singapore noodles! They are doing take-out only, but that suits me just fine.

Would like to remind everybody once again, no matter your affiliation, request a mail-in ballot and plan to VOTE! Time is getting really short now.

Nothing else going on around here. It's quiet, no grandchildren, just hubbs and me and it's likely to be that way for the foreseeable future. Our son is in Savannah and his boys are with their mom in Richmond, so it's just us. Winter's coming, but I did hear the other day that we're supposed to have an "El Nino winter" mild and wet, so maybe we won't get socked in with a foot-and-a-half of snow anytime soon.

Hope you are all staying safe and keeping yourselves out of mischief.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, got the news that someone I've known many many years died of Covid

As a check, we are doing well - went boogie boarding today, and caught a few righteous waves
Sorry to hear, it's a bummer for sure. :(

Not much going on today...got my cuppa Grocery Outlet's company beans; "Hollis St Pacific Sunrise" and It's delish. Vaping the 'ol Armageddon SQK clone with an O-atty v2 and my "Berry Stuff" juice.

Saw Dad and Gramma yesterday, they are good, and I got a couple of Mom's Huckleberry muffins from berries they pick every year or two. So yummy. Ahhh....?:coffee:

fjozJGKl.jpg

Looking forward to the World Series now that the damn Astros drama is over finally...haha... :p

Gonna get cold soon, down into the teens and good probability of snow too. Milly will lose her mind watching snow fall...lol! The cold don't faze her one bit, her fur is as dense and glossy as an otter's.

eC5SM1al.png

Stay well folks... :D

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Still going well here. Weather is getting weird. Today is 92, then 65, 81, 87, 49, 44, & 53. What???
Jessie is still loving her box and the brown paper. The last few nights she has waited until Hubby starts to fall asleep, then goes crazy. Jumps into it, plows under it, grabs a mouthful and runs. He tries to get mad but he's laughing too hard. Isn't that what cats are for? We all need some comic relief these days.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Saw our GP doctor this morning. I thought sure he was going to diagnose me with diabetes. He did not. His focus was on my kidneys. Been leaking protein, so he refereed me to a kidney doctor. Not heard anything from them yet.

Everything else seems alright. He sent me out and said see him in six months. I told his receptionist he's mad because I'm cheating on him with other doctors. She got a chuckle. :)

VU Sponsors