Daily Check-In Thread

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well crotch hairs poking out of speedos are so unsightly don't you think?

Jesus, Lucy, you gotta WARN A PERSON before you throw out a visual like that. I have that in my mind now and will never be able to UNSEE it!

Speedos - oh my. Guys, just don't do it

Brazilians belong in Brazil, not "down there"

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
one thing that I SURE do not miss about FL is the middle aged pot bellied guys with speedos on the beach.
Needed eye bleach....

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I hope I am not breaking forum rules here since this technically is not "nudity." But here I guess he could'a used a little "scaping."

As much as I LOVE John Mayer, check this shit out. THIS is what alcohol and drugs will make you do:

1599959745105.png

Not only will they make you DO this, but they'll make you let people take yer damn picture and publish it EVERYWHERE.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I hope I am not breaking forum rules here since this technically is not "nudity." But here I guess he could'a used a little "scaping."

As much as I LOVE John Mayer, check this shit out. THIS is what alcohol and drugs will make you do:

View attachment 168888

Not only will they make you DO this, but they'll make you let people take yer damn picture and publish it EVERYWHERE.

Ballsy

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Today was medical day. I had fasting labs early this morning. But when I got to the hospital which usually does it they told me that they don't take my insurance just for routine labs. I told them I've been there a dozen times this year already and they said they haven't taken my insurance all of 2020. Eyes open, I asked how much was the last pee test was, $3,500. They said they ate all of the charges. SO, since I fasted I wasn't going to waste it. Went to another lab but it was the wrong lab. #3 took me. Seven people ahead of me and Mister was waiting in the car. I almost walked out when they called 2 people. I sat down and another 2 people went, LOL, I was out in 20 minutes.

Then fasting hubby had a procedure. (Man, his breath was bad!) Got him there and took Mr. Loopy home. No traffic the entire day!
Tonight is well deserved adult beverages, music and some heavy vaping.

View attachment 168888

Is that really John Mayer??? He looks like an actor I've seen but don't know his name.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Today was medical day. I had fasting labs early this morning. But when I got to the hospital which usually does it they told me that they don't take my insurance just for routine labs. I told them I've been there a dozen times this year already and they said they haven't taken my insurance all of 2020. Eyes open, I asked how much was the last pee test was, $3,500. They said they ate all of the charges. SO, since I fasted I wasn't going to waste it. Went to another lab but it was the wrong lab. #3 took me. Seven people ahead of me and Mister was waiting in the car. I almost walked out when they called 2 people. I sat down and another 2 people went, LOL, I was out in 20 minutes.

Then fasting hubby had a procedure. (Man, his breath was bad!) Got him there and took Mr. Loopy home. No traffic the entire day!

Is that really John Mayer??? He looks like an actor I've seen but don't know his name.

Yes, unfortunately that really IS John Mayer. Sacha Baron Cohen wore a mankini briefly in his "Borat"movie.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got smoke?
It's fun, showing the actual smoke from space. If ya look, you can see the plumes from the fires.

20202571446_GOES17-ABI-pnw-GEOCOLOR-1200x1200.jpg

Not gonna bother posting AQI stuff...but it actually seems worse today. The monitoring station closest to me (about a mile) is either broke or it's over 500 as the meter is pegged. Milly is not happy.

Last edited:

ccrules

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Borat- forgot real name ignore this late post

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The young guy on guitar is John Mayer. He's grown up a lot since that pic was taken.

Ahh I like music, do not really follow just who is making it other than group name for the most part.
I am not at all into hero worship.

Actually not seeing who is making it is best for me as I may not be impressed at all with the individual making it or their show.

I have actually been called unamerican for not liking the Beatles :)
Imagine that...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How dare they get 12 points on us...big mistake...now ya get a sack and loss of downs...

P1040601.JPG

Traditionally, us Seahawks enjoy a nice dinner of roasted Falcon at home, but we also like take-out...

Screenshot from 2020-09-13 12-23-35.png

PS: Make that 31-12...
rock-on-smiley-emoticon.gif

PPS: Terribly sorry about that TD try we busted up
PPPS: Hey Cam, don't ya miss Olson now?

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Please stay safe Smigo. There are enough idiots in this world looking to harm other people. Confronting those people doesn't sound like a good thing. I am happy you keep your head down and avoid them. I can't imagine getting beaten or shot is fun in any way, shape, or form.
Hi mate. Thankfully never been shot in my life. Had some cops pointing guns at me when I was a stupid kid. Will tell you that story one day, its more funny than anything and was just a comedy of errors that could have gone terribly wrong, thankfully didnt. Would make a good movie scene actually. :giggle:
What bugged me about the other night is it happened dirrectly next to my elderly neighbors home. Next to them is open council land with an old shed that used to be a meeting place for some comunity clubs decades ago, then over the road to open bushland.
They must have been terrified. They put a hole in the shed wall with whatever they had.
20200913_154253(1).jpg

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Got smoke?
It's fun, showing the actual smoke from space. If ya look, you can see the plumes from the fires.

View attachment 168940

Not gonna bother posting AQI stuff...but it actually seems worse today. The monitoring station closest to me (about a mile) is either broke or it's over 500 as the meter is pegged. Milly is not happy.
Heard the caught some idiots that started some of those fires. Showed some photos of the suspects. What gene pool did they come from?

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

:hug:
Beautiful this morning, in the 60's right now. Upper 80's later. Jessie is spending much time out on the deck. She takes her bug hunting job seriously! She'll come in for a few minutes, check up on us, and go back out. Only catching small stuff that she eats, nothing big enough to bring in and brag about. Hubby and I are doing ok, staying home and being lazy.

Stay safe and healthy

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning VU!

Today marks a dark day for San Diego!

The stay at home order state wide is officially lifted.

This doesn’t mean California is wide open, but lifting the SAH order paves the way for reopening fully.

Air quality here in San Diego is rather shit the past few days, and I’ve switched from using my regular surgical masks to using the few N95s we have...that fine particulate is worrisome...

But I feel for those that have lost their world due to the fires...

Wife has been in Los Angeles this weekend, she need to take her father to a important appointment today regarding his pace maker... I told her to give a half dozen 95’s to her mom and dad.

Family is good otherwise... we are good... my mom is sending me some hot Hatch Green Chili

Be safe, be rad everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SSDD here, still hella smokey with an AQI of 414 and it's lingering too as no winds and about 60F ATM.

Screenshot from 2020-09-14 08-07-30.png

Good news is my Asmodus kit is finally out for delivery, it got hung up in the local distribution center yesterday. Pretty stoked about that.

Milly is being good, we're both scratchy-voiced and cranky but ok. I made her a new batch of meat-food with a bit of extra pork, AK salmon and her Circumin supplement to help her immune system and as an anti-inflammatory.

We're pretty tired of this smoke, she paces around merrowing at me to do something about the smoke smell I think, but there's not much to do about it. Enjoying the cooler temps here though.

IMG_20200913_083113.jpg

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good morning VU!

Today marks a dark day for San Diego!

The stay at home order state wide is officially lifted.

This doesn’t mean California is wide open, but lifting the SAH order paves the way for reopening fully.

Air quality here in San Diego is rather shit the past few days, and I’ve switched from using my regular surgical masks to using the few N95s we have...that fine particulate is worrisome...

But I feel for those that have lost their world due to the fires...

Wife has been in Los Angeles this weekend, she need to take her father to a important appointment today regarding his pace maker... I told her to give a half dozen 95’s to her mom and dad.

Family is good otherwise... we are good... my mom is sending me some hot Hatch Green Chili

Be safe, be rad everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feel for you guys there with the fires, we get them here where I am too.
Last years was months of smoke so we got an air purifier for when it happens again. Does an amazing job. We had a burn off here not long ago and when turned on it cleared the air in our lounge dining area within minutes. Smoke smell was gone. It comes with tripple filtration with the filter looking like something from a 4wd filter housing.
Unit has a Micro Sheild setting too to kill bacteria.
20200915_092417(1).jpg
This below is it turned on just earlier when the misses made a cake. She didnt burn it :giggle: but you know what its like when you open an oven. Blue lights all good, amber/yellow like you see is lower than good air quality and naturally red is bad. It picked up the oven opening and went to work.
20200915_092254(1).jpg
The truck filter. Filter lasts ages.
images (34).jpeg
Stay safe there. ?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

Doing ok here, staying home still. I mixed some juice, cleaned bottles and stuff. Lots of laptop and kindle going on. I need to brush Jessie today, she would rather chew on the brush though.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:
When Bosco was still with me, I used to put one brush on the floor, he'd rub his face on that one while I combed him. Was just about the only way he'd let me, lol. They're so funny.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Morning!

Doing ok here, staying home still. I mixed some juice, cleaned bottles and stuff. Lots of laptop and kindle going on. I need to brush Jessie today, she would rather chew on the brush though.

When Bosco was still with me, I used to put one brush on the floor, he'd rub his face on that one while I combed him. Was just about the only way he'd let me, lol. They're so funny.
Cats are crazy. We once lived in a farm house away from anyone with open paddocks one side and huge open bushland the other. We used to go often to shoot rabbits or ducks for us and the dogs and cat. Sometimes roos but not often them as we always just walked out the house into the bush and hunt around the edge of it and the paddocks. Had two dogs, one a kelpie dingo and the other a fox terrier. We would walk I guess 4 ks. But funny thing was our ginger cat would come too. So we'd be hunting with the rifle or shotgun two dogs and a cat. You'd get home and say be skinning the rabbit and puddy (inventive name huh!?) Would sit right near me eyeballing the rabbit waiting for a bit. Refused to come into the house ever and used to sleep in the kennel with the fox terrier.
Funny cat he was, or weird more to the point.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ugh. Anyone catch the v.i.n on that International what ran me over?

Got up stiff and sore a bit. Serves me right being lax several years now. I'll get through it and know I will. Body has to remember it can move is all. And the mind says it don't mind the pain, so pain is no matter. Ha! Owe, right.

Yesterday was alright. Helped in an elementary school. Heard one of the teachers use a Ranger call with the kids at lunch. Told the lady I was working with I felt like i had come home. Explained my uncle "Buddy" use to teach me such things having been around Rangers in 'Nam.

They've got wee tots learning two or three languages aside from English now. It is so funny seeing that and also a bit scary. These kids might handle all the learning well but I know cramming in too much can be detrimental as well. No matter though, I'm just there to move dirt, take out trash.

Well need to head out for Charleston around 8:30 EST local. Need to be there by at least 10:00. Have to get a background check, and an ID card work up. Then, go to the middle school from 14:30 to 21:00. Friday at the board office at 8:00. Yeeha, such fun. :|

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
currently limited to 2 hours out of the house, and 5km

the pics might help explain where i would like to be?

(i don't drive)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-16_20-45-46.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-16_20-45-46.png
    429.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2020-09-16_20-44-15.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-16_20-44-15.png
    325.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2020-09-16_20-42-25.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-16_20-42-25.png
    682.4 KB · Views: 5

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Getting ready to drive Hubby to Walmart. I drive and he shops, good division of labor! I take my book and coffee, so all is well.
Huck - great idea!! I even have 2 brushes. Bought 1 then couldn't find it, so had to get a 2nd. I found the 1st one under the bed, wonder who took it under there?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Huck - great idea!! I even have 2 brushes. Bought 1 then couldn't find it, so had to get a 2nd. I found the 1st one under the bed, wonder who took it under there?

Ya I have three brushes: a KONG ZoomGroom, a standard slicker brush and an ancient Goody child's brush Mom was gonna toss but makes for a great cat brush.

Tiki loved getting brushed, but not so much with Milly. She instantly attacks it and about rips out of my hand. So, I just dont bother unless she really needs it. Plus she has a lot shorter and denser fur and rolls around on the floor anyways..lol... :rolleyes:

Today I made brekky, tore down my Feedlink and Flave Tank sRDTA for cleaning/re-wicking, and probably gonna brave the bus to go get some brekky sausage patties that I'm out of. (eeep!)

With the hospital masks I get from Dad who works at Vitalant, the smoke is less pronounced than it is in my dang Apt without a mask. Go figure.:crazy:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Trek...

Dressed up for grocery shopping...LOL...shit I'm old...all my clothes are vintage 90s.

Waiting for bus next to a 6-lane urban freeway after shopping in a pandemic...yay.
Ya can't see it but there is hella smoke behind me...I think there's a brush fire nearby...

Lugged four bags home and up two flights, and Milly is on the job...of smelling everything and waiting to attack the bags.

Love Grocery Outlet. I got lots of frozen foods, my fave tortillas (30 soft-taco gorditas for $6) and misc. provisions, came to four big bags for about $48. I'm tired, sore, and wheezy now but happy to have goodies.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My reward:

Kickin' back on the comfy couch watching the Dodgers/Padres game with an ice cold 10 Barrel Brewing's Pub Beer, P.F. Chang's Korean-style beef eggrolls, breast meat chicken nuggz and a killer mix of Chang's dipping sauce and Cluckwork Orange scorpion sauce, (gotta blow out the smoke and exhaust fumes eh?)

* that tray is like 10yrs old and came from my late uncle's fandom of frozen dinners. I repurposed some of the trays for snacking trays...perfect.

6Afnq0dl.jpg

BTW, if ya never heard of 10 Barrel Brewing, they are outa Bend, OR and also make the utterly legendary Apocalypse IPA. Seems fitting to support them in this crazy time, hope they ok down there. They rock hard. :cheers:

And they give back...

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Technically speaking odds are that you will be checking into a hospital before I do.
My wife is high risk for covid complications.
I am at moderate risks for covid due to age.

do you even know what a KN95 mask is? It is not the respirator type the hospital workers wear...

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Dressed up for shopping?
I also use blue disposable gloves.
And KN95 mask usually.
I have a friend that dresses up all the time, though its his standard attire for everywhere so I suppose technically he isn't dressing up. He wears clothes to go gold prospecting that others would wear if they were going out to see a movie or have a meal. It looks so bizzare!
He's an odd kind of guy, he has a really nice 4 wd thats never been in the dirt, instead he drives a toyota sedan to go detecting.
But he is without a doubt one of the best gold detectorists I know.
? ........Maybe I need to buy some better clothes!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Wow! I went shopping today and at the checkout was given a kids toy for shopping there.
An Ooshie! (Translation ....cheap junk you used to get in cerial packets)
Awesome, its a Golden Ooshie! ?
20200917_151835(1).jpg
Saw one online for $10,000! ?
Screenshot_20200917-151945(1).png
? 10 G and they are charging $8.95 for postage.

Did another search and saw this....
Screenshot_20200917-152832(1).png
Just $2.20 postage.
Talk about a rip off with the postage on the other one huh!? Greedy animals. :confused:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Figured this seemed like the appropriate thread since I haven't posted here in a bit. No the folks at VU don't smell funny lol. Things have just kind of been out of whack lately.

I got a message on fb Sept 8th from my aunt informing me my dad was in the hospital. The past couple years I've known he has prostate cancer, stage 4. Apparently he had difficulty getting out of bed Sept 3rd and a housemate helped him get to the hospital. His back was killing him and the past several months he's complained of severe back pain. My uncle (his emergency contact) was out of town hiking in the mountains and didn't get the numerous voicemails until his return Sunday night.

It's been difficult getting information due to hipaa laws and not being on his emergency contact. They did back surgery on him and from what I gather found cancer on his spine, inoperable. They did some procedures to relieve the pressure. Then the 8th they wanted to look at a lump on his head and do a brain biopsy. Somewhere in the middle of the process I guess since no one's been really clear, they did find some cancer on his frontal lobe and removed it. All last week he was pretty out of it when trying to talk to him on the phone and the family discussing options going forward. As well as his options for chemo and radiation.

He keeps getting moved from room to room which is like playing catch up trying to keep track of a way to reach him since they're not allowed to phone out long distance. After over a week in ICU he's at least in a stepdown wing and they've begun doing physical therapy with him. He's been able to stand with the aid of a walker but they're unsure if it's temporary or something longer term. As well as discussing longer term physical therapy and possibly a care facility. Also not sure if that will be the new normal or only a temporary situation for now. Whether it was the cancer doing damage or damage caused by the portion of his frontal lobe it seems his motor skills aren't what they were and he's not having an easy time dealing with the changes along with emotional outbursts common with frontal lobe trauma. Which is what I gather the physical therapy is for, to try and build back some of his motor skills.

My uncles went to his place and cleared out his things, he won't be returning to the previous home he lived in. He has a few options of places to move to if (fingers crossed) he makes it out of the hospital. After phoning him earlier this evening he does sound better, more lucid and in somewhat better spirits. And his memory wasn't affected, he seems to still have pretty good memory recall and knows who I am so that's a blessing considering how things could have gone. I haven't bothered to try and go see him yet, don't think they're allowing visitors due to covid and it's a 2000mi trip. If I'm stuck phoning him I can do that from home.

Other than that, trying to keep up with things around here. The truck likely needs a new battery and alternator (interior lights flashing, lic plate lights flashing). Once I get those sorted out along with a new belt and idler or tensioner if needed, get the charging system in order, need to track down the cause of the reverse lights being out. Took some searching to find a wiring diagram, looks like plenty of fun (bulbs and fuses are fine). Need to double check before I go replacing the park/neutral safety switch. At least it provides somewhat of a distraction. Hard to concentrate on things much lately, I try to read vape posts and things and I just find myself staring at the screen not really taking it in.

Cancer sucks and I've already lost a lot of people to it. Both my grandparents on my mother's side, grandfather was only 35, grandmother was 56. Lost my stepdad to brain cancer when he was 64. Friend of mine I worked with for a few years, she's in her mid 40's and just now recovering from her treatments and a double mastectomy for breast cancer. Really tired of cancer, and far as I'm concerned 2020 can go suck a bag of rotten dicks. So I'm still around, just not active much.

VU Sponsors