Become a Patron!

Dat Sugar Cookie Dough

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am still trying to clone this. If anyone has had this juice and has any tips let me know. I can taste some black cherry in there for sure. Definitely plenty of super sweet. I think there is some CAP sugar cookie in there too, maybe a little biscuit. I am having trouble though. Cloning this is one of the main reasons I got into DIY, and not getting it won't turn me away, I've amassed way too many concentrates to ever turn back now. This is like my golden goose though. Any help would be appreciated.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For a frosted sugar cookie the choices are endless. It would need a good frosting. What flavors have you tried?

Have you tried Capella Silverline frosted sugar cookie flavoring?

Last edited:

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a frosted sugar cookie the choices are endless. It would need a good frosting. What flavors have you tried?
So I have tried, vanilla swirl, vanilla cupcake, vanilla custard, all straight. i feel like it is very close to being right, but there is something missing. I think it is a combination of cupcake and swirl. I tried it with FA cookie, but that was definitely wrong. It's definitely CAP Sugar Cookie. TPA Black Cherry (In a very low %) a bit of biscuit and maybe even FW Yellow Cake.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also just got in FLV Cookie Dough and haven't cracked the seal yet. I think that might help from what I have read about it, but I need to do a tester of it first. FLV flavors can take over a mix really quickly.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also just got in FLV Cookie Dough and haven't cracked the seal yet. I think that might help from what I have read about it, but I need to do a tester of it first. FLV flavors can take over a mix really quickly.
Flavorah cookie dough is really good.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a simple sugar cookie most recipes I have seen use Capella Sugar cookie at around 8% and Cap Vanilla custard at 3-4%.
Maybe I am going too complicated and thinking there is more to it than there really is. There is definitely CAP Super Sweet in there. It definitely leaves a powdery sugar feeling on the lips when vaping. Definitely black cherry hint. I feel like it is one of those store bought supermarket sugar cookies with that thick glob of frosting on top.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe I am going too complicated and thinking there is more to it than there really is. There is definitely CAP Super Sweet in there. It definitely leaves a powdery sugar feeling on the lips when vaping. Definitely black cherry hint. I feel like it is one of those store bought supermarket sugar cookies with that thick glob of frosting on top.
Cherry could be marzipan. Maybe. You’re suggesting a “hint”. Maybe they’re using marzipan for some texture? All that other stuff might drown out the almond if used low enough.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 128070

this was my last iteration. i am going to remove the bavarian cream and drop the black cherry down to 1/2%. Bump up the vanilla cupcake to 2.5% and the vanilla swirl to 2.5% as well.
So how close is this to the OG?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is my tip.....KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid. Juice companies want to make money. The more flavors in a juice, the less money they make. So they probably use the fewest flavors to get where they need to go. They also probably use the cheapest flavoring companies....TFA, FW and Caps. And you have to consider when the juice was created.......lol!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 128070

this was my last iteration. i am going to remove the bavarian cream and drop the black cherry down to 1/2%. Bump up the vanilla cupcake to 2.5% and the vanilla swirl to 2.5% as well.
Have you tried TFA vanilla cupcake? Caps Butter Cream? TFA marshmallow?

I’m sorry.....I get a bit excited about these things!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm testing it right now. I tried some yesterday for the first time. It tastes like the little bits they put in ice cream sorta.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm testing it right now. I tried some yesterday for the first time. It tastes like the little bits they put in ice cream sorta.
It is good. No chocolate, tho. Gotta add chocolate, if you want it in there.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So how close is this to the OG?
I've DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!! It is definitely black cherry not marzipan. All i need is a little more sweetener maybe FA Marshmallow to add that powdered texture on the lips, but the profile and flavor is spot on. I will post recipe momentarily.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
upload_2019-1-3_9-28-28.png

i mean this is it. For sure. Just add sweetener to taste. If you want the powdered sugary lips thing, which admittedly i really don't like often, but it is great on this juice, add some Marshmallow and some Super Sweet.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!! It is definitely black cherry not marzipan. All i need is a little more sweetener maybe FA Marshmallow to add that powdered texture on the lips, but the profile and flavor is spot on. I will post recipe momentarily.
Nice!!! That’s great! I don’t think have tfa Black cherry but I do have FA. I’ll mix this one soon!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If it is FA instead of TFA I would maybe go down to either a couple drops per 10ml or down to like .2%
Oh, definitely. Cherry is so tricky. I’m starting with a drop and working my way up. :D

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, definitely. Cherry is so tricky. I’m starting with a drop and working my way up. :D
Good idea. The cherry is supposed to only be a hint in the frosting anyways. I think that is why the TFA works so well because, at such a low percentage, TFA flavors do a good job of staying in the background. Let me know how the FA works out.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good idea. The cherry is supposed to only be a hint in the frosting anyways. I think that is why the TFA works so well because, at such a low percentage, TFA flavors do a good job of staying in the background. Let me know how the FA works out.
I will! I love me some cookie juice. Can’t wait to see how this one comes out!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cherry could be marzipan. Maybe. You’re suggesting a “hint”. Maybe they’re using marzipan for some texture? All that other stuff might drown out the almond if used low enough.
Dude, you were right. The black cherry definitely tasted right initially after mixing, but after a few days, it wasn't right anymore. Marzipan is the right flavor. Here is the recipe. This is better than the original in my opinion, and the original may be my favorite commercial juice of all time.
upload_2019-1-15_9-44-51.png

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dude, you were right. The black cherry definitely tasted right initially after mixing, but after a few days, it wasn't right anymore. Marzipan is the right flavor. Here is the recipe. This is better than the original in my opinion, and the original may be my favorite commercial juice of all time.
View attachment 129104
Nice! I’m so glad it came out well! I’m mixing tonight so I’ll throw this one on the list. Like I said, I love me some cookie juice!!!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice! I’m so glad it came out well! I’m mixing tonight so I’ll throw this one on the list. Like I said, I love me some cookie juice!!!
I love anything cake, cookie, dessert. I keep trying to mix fruits because I want to be versatile and then i just end up giving them away because I really only vape them sometimes.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made this yesterday with the cherry...did you have a steep time in mind? All I'm tasting is a very strong cookie with a hint of the cupcake on the exhale. I'll do another with the marzipan sub, but probably use Inawera instead of FA, it's so much "brighter."

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made this yesterday with the cherry...did you have a steep time in mind? All I'm tasting is a very strong cookie with a hint of the cupcake on the exhale. I'll do another with the marzipan sub, but probably use Inawera instead of FA, it's so much "brighter."
So, the cherry one is still good. I have a giant thermos that I fill with hot water and leave all my juices in overnight then pull them out and cool them in the morning after some aggressive shaking, THEN I let them sit for a day in a box. If I were to steep this without that I would do at least 7 days. All you will get in the beginning is cookie if you don't allow that black cherry to mix in. The commercial juice tastes a lot like you are describing. It taste like these cookies
upload_2019-1-15_11-3-29.png

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, I apologize for being so sure of myself on the first post. I was certain after that initial steep I had it right.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, I apologize for being so sure of myself on the first post. I was certain after that initial steep I had it right.
No apologies necessary! Trial and error is the name of the game with DIY, a change here and there, and a few "back to the drawing board"s is what this is all about. It's also the fun part, the "science," and being able to sit back in the end and vape a creation all your own that tops anything ever bought in a shop. I wouldn't trade it for a lifetime of FREE vendor juice. :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No apologies necessary! Trial and error is the name of the game with DIY, a change here and there, and a few "back to the drawing board"s is what this is all about. It's also the fun part, the "science," and being able to sit back in the end and vape a creation all your own that tops anything ever bought in a shop. I wouldn't trade it for a lifetime of FREE vendor juice. :)
All. Of. This. :blowkiss:

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm pretty happy so far. I started with the intentions of cloning this juice specifically and another sugar cookie recipe that I liked a lot but was tired of paying like $28 for 60ml. I decided from the beginning I was going to do my own thing and not just copy recipes I found online and I've got like 4 or 5 really solid recipes that I truly enjoy vaping. It is incredibly fun sitting in my little laboratory with my notebook and laptop and my myriad concentrates and thinking up stuff like some mad vape scientist. I do have way too many little 10ml testers of cereal vapes that I CAN'T get right. Milk. I just bought OOO milky undertone, I have FLV Milk, Fruity Flakes FW, Crunch Fruit Cereal, FW, Lucky Leprauchaun TFA, Cereal 27, FLV Crunch Cereal, I actually have a Milk test steeping at home. Looks something like this

1% Milk FLV
2% Bavarian Cream TFA
1% Sweet Cream CAP
1% Meringue

I am at my wits end.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only one I've tried that actually tasted like milk was Hangsen Cream. The tester I made of that one almost made me sick, tasted like I'd poured straight vitamin D homogenized in my tank. :giggle: Good with cereal, not so much solo...

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only one I've tried that actually tasted like milk was Hangsen Cream. The tester I made of that one almost made me sick, tasted like I'd poured straight vitamin D homogenized in my tank. :giggle: Good with cereal, not so much solo...
LOL. I thought that I was going to get the same effect from testing the CAP Golden Butter, I was pleasantly surprised. I made a tester of that with great hesitation. The thought of taking a bite out of a stick of butter makes me cringe. Unfortunately, BCF doesn't carry the Hangsen Milk.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Idk how I missed that. Too late. I ordered the Cream (milky undertone) from OOO, Cream Cheese Icing from LA, and a 30ml of this Zeppola from FA. I'm already up over 100 concentrates and I've only been doing this about 2 months maybe? When I get into something I'm in or I'm out.

The OOO Cream is good too, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Lol, I hear you. The rabbit hole is wide and deep. :)

VU Sponsors