Become a Patron!

DIY E JUICE HELP!!

St3zzY

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay so i have been doing DIY E Juice for a while now probably around 2 months and for the last 2 months i haven't been putting any nicotine in my E Juice but recently i decided to buy myself some nicotine from Can Vape its 48mg VG Base... Every juice i have made without nicotine taste amazing one of my recipes is

Nicotine juice 48 mg (100% VG)
1.75 ml (3mg)

PG dilutant
4.25 ml

VG dilutant
21.00 ml

Total base
27 ml

Mango Shisha (INAWERA)
1.20 ml

Sexy Mango (REK)
1.20 ml

Sucralose DIY( 20%)
0.23 ml

WS-23 30%
0.38 ml

Totals

But when ever i add any sort of nicotine it is super harsh and just taste like pure nicotine and has no flavor. Even after steeping.. Any suggestions?

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Two things come to mind. First, your nicotine is a little low strength, typically you want to use like 72 or 100mg strength. Second, your nicotine might be bad, where'd ya get it, you may need to make some test batches of unflavored. Also, if you've been vaping zero mg with no nic cravings, you shouldn't really need to be using nicotine, just my opinion.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I second the no nicotine if you've been vaping without. That's probably a lot of the harshness right there. And it may be a mental thing where the harshness is too much to enjoy the flavor

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Make sure you shake the hell out of your nic before you use it. A couple minutes for VG based.

Edit: if you're not used to nicotine, 3mg might be too much for you.

St3zzY

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Two things come to mind. First, your nicotine is a little low strength, typically you want to use like 72 or 100mg strength. Second, your nicotine might be bad, where'd ya get it, you may need to make some test batches of unflavored. Also, if you've been vaping zero mg with no nic cravings, you shouldn't really need to be using nicotine, just my opinion.

Yeah i've been shaking the hell out of it and its CANVAPE nicotine and it is high quality and really good nicotine from what i can tell and from any reviews i have read online... Its hard to get any high grade nicotine thats higher then 48mg in Canada so 72 and 100mg isn't really a option for me sadly.

St3zzY

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Make sure you shake the hell out of your nic before you use it. A couple minutes for VG based.

Edit: if you're not used to nicotine, 3mg might be too much for you.

Yeah i shook it for a good 10 minutes straight to the point were the juice was white from the oxygen being blended in haha, after steeping it went back to clear and a little more steeping and it had a slight orange / yellow tint. I can say that i am used to nicotine i used to vape 6 - 9 nic premium juice no problem i was just vaping no nicotine because i couldn't find any high quality nicotine in Canada. But its overly harsh for 3 or 6 nic it feels like 12 nic with a pepper taste to it.... Which is a indicator of nicotine that has gone bad. But the nic is only around a week old and has been stored in a freezer....

St3zzY

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I second the no nicotine if you've been vaping without. That's probably a lot of the harshness right there. And it may be a mental thing where the harshness is too much to enjoy the flavor

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Could be that but it feels overly harsh. I've vaped lots of nicotine before tho and i never had that issue.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Could be that but it feels overly harsh. I've vaped lots of nicotine before tho and i never had that issue.
I know you said reviews were good, what color is your nicotine?
Next is I wonder if their VG was mixed well with the nicotine before packaging, or if they messed up a percentage somewhere, but for You, try a mix unflavored as suggested above, with a lower percentage nicotine (like 1mg instead of 3mg)

St3zzY

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know you said reviews were good, what color is your nicotine?
Next is I wonder if their VG was mixed well with the nicotine before packaging, or if they messed up a percentage somewhere, but for You, try a mix unflavored as suggested above, with a lower percentage nicotine (like 1mg instead of 3mg)

Its slighty tinted yellow mostly clear and has a decently strong smell to it

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Its slighty tinted yellow mostly clear and has a decently strong smell to it

How have you been storing it? Nicotine should be clear and tasteless if stored properly, whether in your possession or the company's. Nicotine should be stored some place cold, dark, and airtight, most use a freezer. If getting nicotine into the country is a problem, you can maybe try https://www.hiliq.com they label their nic as vegetable glycerin if I'm not mistaken, which I'm fairly certain isn't forbidden by customs. Though I've heard the shipping and wait time can be a little rough. Your problem, I think you might just have some bad nicotine, whether through the company's poor storage or just bad nic in general, not much can be done about that.

St3zzY

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How have you been storing it? Nicotine should be clear and tasteless if stored properly, whether in your possession or the company's. Nicotine should be stored some place cold, dark, and airtight, most use a freezer. If getting nicotine into the country is a problem, you can maybe try https://www.hiliq.com they label their nic as vegetable glycerin if I'm not mistaken, which I'm fairly certain isn't forbidden by customs. Though I've heard the shipping and wait time can be a little rough. Your problem, I think you might just have some bad nicotine, whether through the company's poor storage or just bad nic in general, not much can be done about that.

Okay I’ll try it out thank you very much for your help!

VU Sponsors