Become a Patron!

Does everybody but me love the Profile RDA?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone use their profile in TC mode? MY Therion BF dna 75c is coming in tomorrow and I've got a recurve I'm going to put on it since it really is a squonk rda, but I'm wondering how the profile fairs in tc mode?
Used tc on the profile with ss mesh. Worked just fine.410° 45 watts. Was on the topside

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used Replay mode on the 75c all the time with coils and loved it. Tried it on the mesh, works fine but the mesh is so consistent hit after hit it's not really needed. The profile is replay all by itself...

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I want to try the profile but don't vape the high wattage that the mesh requires. I'm hoping they come out with some lower resistance mesh.

But I did see this interesting video by Wendy Vapes. She shows a different way of wicking. Cutting the bottom half part of the wicks.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to try the profile but don't vape the high wattage that the mesh requires. I'm hoping they come out with some lower resistance mesh.

But I did see this interesting video by Wendy Vapes. She shows a different way of wicking. Cutting the bottom half part of the wicks.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR
I use my profiles in the 40s. I think I have one at 47. Any higher than that and it's stays dry

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Used tc on the profile with ss mesh. Worked just fine.410° 45 watts. Was on the topside
Did it improve upon it any? I mean I finally got a dna mod and have another one coming in today and I was never a big fan of TC, but the dna mod turned my Intake RTA from an okay tank to something I don't want to put down when I went to SS316L temp control. It's unbelievable how much more I like it.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did it improve upon it any? I mean I finally got a dna mod and have another one coming in today and I was never a big fan of TC, but the dna mod turned my Intake RTA from an okay tank to something I don't want to put down when I went to SS316L temp control. It's unbelievable how much more I like it.
It was better flavor than the wotofo brand. But I babe a sheet of it you have to cut yourself. So I keep an original to measure for size. Longer the ohms go up but gotta watch the cap

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was better flavor than the wotofo brand. But I babe a sheet of it you have to cut yourself. So I keep an original to measure for size. Longer the ohms go up but gotta watch the cap
I already use my own. I wasn't a fan of the mesh that came with it. I have the Vandy Vape mesh roll. I need to get the SS one. I have K1 RN.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't necessarily agree with this. I have my profile on the recurve squonk which is 80w and get like 4 or 5 hits per squonk.
I didnt like it on the recurve. Just felt I had to constantly squonk. May have been the wicking though

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am using my first wick job on it. works pretty good. but I do find that the wick needs to be soaked very well. I am dripping it for now, so...

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seems like I've seen that somewhere before.
I don't vape at high watts either.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good heavens.

This guy is like a rayonologist or something. The mooch of rayon.
It's a great write up for sure but his first sentence:
"The Rayon revolution started here on ecf when I introduced its amazing properties and those first few users returned thier reviews. "
reminds me of this:
algoreclaysinternetmeme.jpeg

Now maybe he did, I don't know but did you click on the link to the original thread and see what he was wicking in 2014?
(can't copy image, have to click link...)

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
I took the mesh outa my profile and now I'm running a 5 wrap fused Clapton 24/34 3.5mm @ .23. Hits buttery smooth with great flavor @ 65w. I just can't get into the mesh for some reason just not for me I guess.
Ever now and then I'll crank her up to 90w and get 4 or 5 good hits before I gotta drip or squonk..

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took the mesh outa my profile and now I'm running a 5 wrap fused Clapton 24/34 3.5mm @ .23. Hits buttery smooth with great flavor @ 65w. I just can't get into the mesh for some reason just not for me I guess.
Ever now and then I'll crank her up to 90w and get 4 or 5 good hits before I gotta drip or squonk..
I still prefer it as a single coil atty. I'm running a 4mm in it though.

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
I still prefer it as a single coil atty. I'm running a 4mm in it though.
If thats what ya like, then rock on bud! Iv been vapping for about a month n a half and iv got 3 mod lol. My 1st 1 I bought was a voopoo drag 2 I used it for a few weeks and I saw another kit that I wanted, the pulse x kit. I started use the Pulse and now the drag 2 177w is now retired. About a week ago I saw another mod I have been wanting, the ohm boy. Out of all 3 the pulse x is by far my fav. I didn't really realize how heavy the ohm boy was, considering the weight I just use the ohm boy at home every now and then. Now there's 1 more squonk I want and its another Pulse kit, the mech version. I like the pulse because you can change the panels, I have 3 sets of panels coming for my pulse x.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some guy over at Reddit actually had a pretty ingenious way of getting duals in here. I might try it at some point. My stainless Profile still has mesh in it with rayon. It's pretty good, but I just don't feel like I'm,missing anything by not having used it in like a week. I have so much stuff I just like better.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now there's 1 more squonk I want and its another Pulse kit, the mech version..
Just realize that mechs are a whole different thing from the standpoint of setting one up properly. Unlike regulated devices, they can be quite dangerous if not understood. Looking back, I could have probably waited a little longer before I got my first one. Glad to see ya aboard btw.

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
Just realize that mechs are a whole different thing from the standpoint of setting one up properly. Unlike regulated devices, they can be quite dangerous if not understood. Looking back, I could have probably waited a little longer before I got my first one. Glad to see ya aboard btw.
Yeah iv been reading around on mech mods, if you don't know your batteries limitations it could cause you serious harm even death. Ohms laws ohms law ohms laws lol. Since being a VU member iv learned alot of do's and dont's. Thanks for welcoming me.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now there's 1 more squonk I want and its another Pulse kit, the mech version.
It's not a horrible mod but it does suffer from terrible voltage drop and it was hard fro me to get a vape that wasn't anemic. I have no immediate suggestions but there's plenty of mech squonkers that are much better.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not a horrible mod but it does suffer from terrible voltage drop and it was hard fro me to get a vape that wasn't anemic. I have no immediate suggestions but there's plenty of mech squonkers that are much better.
I've universally heard that about the Pulse X. There are many single battery squonk boxes floating around out there that are quite good for cheap. The Stentorium Ram is an inexpensive, perfectly decent single 18650 squonk box for instance. Too bad Breazy sold out. They had em for like 10 bucks at the end there. A direct voltage mod like the coilart DPro is great for learning how to build for mechs while still having the major protections too.

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
I like that there are different panel options for the pulse and the mod is made outa plastic which I like because it is harder to scuff and scratch, don't know how it would stand against a fall though. I'm real particular of the things I buy I like to try yo get nice things but I also take really good care of my stuff so it'll last me a very long time or if I decide to trade or sale it'll be in pristine condition. Iv got a pair of Nike's that iv had for 3 years and they still look new, I wear them, just not much. Sorry got side tracked....Mods made out of cheap pot metal like the voopoo drag scratch very easily lesson learned, from that.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like that there are different panel options for the pulse and the mod is made outa plastic which I like because it is harder to scuff and scratch, don't know how it would stand against a fall though. I'm real particular of the things I buy I like to try yo get nice things but I also take really good care of my stuff so it'll last me a very long time or if I decide to trade or sale it'll be in pristine condition. Iv got a pair of Nike's that iv had for 3 years and they still look new, I wear them, just not much. Sorry got side tracked....Mods made out of cheap pot metal like the voopoo drag scratch very easily lesson learned, from that.
What are you looking to spend?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are the interchangeable panels a must? 40 doesn't leave you a lot of headroom for non zinc alloy mods.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you give some details on what you did and why it's bad?
Well. I'm not really sure. Coiled up a 4mm coil from a spool of Coilology framed staple. One leg on each side. WIcked it. It's wicking well. Flavor's pretty good at 50W. I think I have the coil too high but I want to keep it off the White plastic (or whatever material) piece. It's very hot on my upper lip, but the vapor itself isn't overall too warm of a vape.

Profile w/ 4mm framed staple. by Wayne, on Flickr

Profile w/ 4mm framed staple. by Wayne, on Flickr

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The white piece is ceramic and therefore heatproof. I have mine about a mm or two off of it. Just high enough not to touch and close enough so that the squonk stream hits the bottom of the coil. I also closed the top row of air holes. I bet that's the answer.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes. For me it’s working much better than the mesh, but it’s just ok. I need to fiddle with it more. I left it home while on vacation. Been spending the time trying to learn how to wick the Aromamizer supreme.
Just tried 200 mesh 316L. Flavor is muted compared to Nexmesh. Ordered some 150 mesh to try....

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yes. For me it’s working much better than the mesh, but it’s just ok. I need to fiddle with it more. I left it home while on vacation. Been spending the time trying to learn how to wick the Aromamizer supreme.

I have been using mine, using it now. I find the juice flow control very picky. and its hard to turn.

VU Sponsors