Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It was more than waist deep where he started from. That whole SUV became submerged.
I'm reasonably confident the vehicle in question was a second-generation Honda Insight, which is only about 4'8" tall and it was not quite 100% submerged at the end -- an inch or two of the roof was still visible. So the water was more than waist deep, but a full-grown man could indeed have stood up in it -- and the "authority figure" on the spot (the reported) told him to swim.

But that's not the point. Only a stupid person drives a car into water of unknown depth.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm reasonably confident the vehicle in question was a second-generation Honda Insight, which is only about 4'8" tall and it was not quite 100% submerged at the end -- an inch or two of the roof was still visible. So the water was more than waist deep, but a full-grown man could indeed have stood up in it -- and the "authority figure" on the spot (the reported) told him to swim.

But that's not the point. Only a stupid person drives a car into water of unknown depth.
we have a few dips that go under an over-pass. Pretty much any main thoroughfare out of the city has one. The wall next to it is marked with a depth gauge; because, an average afternoon shower can turn them into 6-8 ft depth, in no time.
My neighbor when I was growing up, drove his porsche into one; and, had to take the hard top off to swim out.
He still has said Porsche; but 20 years later it is still have electrical problems from, "the great flood of may 8th, 1996"

the neighbor is much more booksmart than common sense.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So by about 11am, seemed like the whole day was going to Hell. Figured, why fight it? How do you get there? Well ya follow the signs, of course. Thought I had found a shortcut. Great fun,but it was a dead end..
View attachment 48027

Accidentally turned on Church, and while it took me in the right direction, it just made the trip a lil longer. (that's actually true, I did turn on Church.)

Eventually, I got there.
View attachment 48029
I was perfectly comfortable. I was there just a few weeks ago, and if it's full of bikers, I'm going! It's a party.
View attachment 48031

And there be Angels there...
View attachment 48032
GFY! Especially for making me look at her again!:D

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SUPER glad to hear that! 80 here too, it was GLORIOUS. Yep, 8 hours of hell can be quickly forgotten in the wind...

Reasons 3,785,326 and 3, 785,327 of "Why Bikes Rock"...
View attachment 48036
This is me and my Best Bud. We've been best friends for 52 years now. He's the one whose Dad took us everywhere. The family that Shenaniganates together, stays together.. or something like that...
View attachment 48038
And an even bigger GFY for making me wait till now to see those beauties...think I need to become a biker.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

A creek runs along my road. It flooded in August of 98. We watched one driver after another go into the deep water on the road and get stuck. Just kept pulling them out one after another with a chain and a tractor.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evening folks! Has everyone had a good day?
Hai Sister!! Damn, it's nice to see you checking in after work here! Mine was pretty spiffy, how was yours? :)

And an even bigger GFY for making me wait till now to see those beauties...think I need to become a biker.
Lol.. Them's a couple of the MODEST ones. Yer Mrs. has to have BIG time faith in ya, to let you go to bike rallies. Crazy women, EVERYwhere! SO many sweet rides, too. Bikes! Talkin bout Bikes!

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
A creek runs along my road. It flooded in August of 98. We watched one driver after another go into the deep water on the road and get stuck. Just kept pulling them out one after another with a chain and a tractor.
f057ac0e5e37b304e1cda39c944030be.jpg

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Didn't see a link on VU for the critical deeming vote in support of Representative Cole's amendment in the aproproations committee tomorrow to leave the date alone. Go to ECF to find your rep to call or email.
Done.

:D:stars:

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
SUPER glad to hear that! 80 here too, it was GLORIOUS. Yep, 8 hours of hell can be quickly forgotten in the wind...

Reasons 3,785,326 and 3, 785,327 of "Why Bikes Rock"...
View attachment 48036
This is me and my Best Bud. We've been best friends for 52 years now. He's the one whose Dad took us everywhere. The family that Shenaniganates together, stays together.. or something like that...
View attachment 48038
Yep, hop on a bike and the day turns.
What Rally is that? Or was it a local event?

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hai Sister!! Damn, it's nice to see you checking in after work here! Mine was pretty spiffy, how was yours? :)
Well...I have to check in here if I want someone to talk to! There's no one over there in the evenings especially after chatting all day while I'm at work with no access. :gaah:
I had a pretty good day! Not bad for a Monday after very little sleep the night before. My insomnia decided to make a return visit last night damn him! :cuss2:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, hop on a bike and the day turns.
What Rally is that? Or was it a local event?

Daytona Beach, 75th anniversary this year. That town was ROCKIN wif scoots! Had to get my Cole Slaw fix.. :)
NAW, I can't post pics of my LOCAL event. That's the Fowlerville Easy Riders Rodeo. Make a longshoreman blush!

WharfRat1976

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The water is finally receding a bit but there's a pretty good chance we have more rain coming
I drove from HTown to Austin left at 2:30pm. 71 in LaGrange was CLOSED earlier. They reopened with one lane going both ways....slowly. did it in 3 hours not too bad. It's usually 2 and a half. Houston roadways a disaster. Many cars submerged in roadways and under bridges with as little as a 5 foot dip....very scary.

So 2 or 3, 100 year floods in 3 years. I think they called this one a 500 year flood with 15 inches down in a 24 hour period.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I drove from HTown to Austin left at 2:30pm. 71 in LaGrange was CLOSED earlier. They reopened with one lane going both ways....slowly. did it in 3 hours not too bad. It's usually 2 and a half. Houston roadways a disaster. Many cars submerged in roadways and under bridges with as little as a 5 foot dip....very scary.

So 2 or 3, 100 year floods in 3 years. I think they called this one a 500 year flood with 15 inches down in a 24 hour period.

OMG. Poor Texas, you guys have been getting some INSANE weather the past few years. Sucks to lose material shit, but as long as you're safe, you can live without all that junk. Had soot from a malfunctioned water heater coat everything in the house a few years back. For every 1 thing I lost that I cherished, there was 100 that I shoulda got rid of years ago. Insurance had to pay for anything too contaminated or not worth cleaning, which was a LOT. It was like the worlds biggest yard sale. The ONLY room in the house that didn't get touched, was the wine cellar. Has it's own HVAC system, totally sealed from the rest of the house. THAT was a blessing. Agent said I'd need a rider for them to cover it. WHEW! So I can't watch 3d movies again yet, but I can get drunk. ;)

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Daytona Beach, 75th anniversary this year. That town was ROCKIN wif scoots! Had to get my Cole Slaw fix.. :)
NAW, I can't post pics of my LOCAL event. That's the Fowlerville Easy Riders Rodeo. Make a longshoreman blush!
Daytona is a blast!!
Looking forward to our local 911 ride this year. Last year, we had nearly 12,000 bikes! The ride is a 37 mile loop. The end of it is just leaving the fire hall when the beginning comes rolling back in!

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Daytona is a blast!!
Looking forward to our local 911 ride this year. Last year, we had nearly 12,000 bikes! The ride is a 37 mile loop. The end of it is just leaving the fire hall when the beginning comes rolling back in!

Those big rides are SO fun. So many nice people to meet too! I've done quite a few of the Patriot rides for fallen soldiers. REALLY cool to watch the way the pro's handle the traffic situations and intersections. I don't do informal group rides much anymore. Seen too many leads that haven't got a clue, and put a lot of riders in jeopardy. Stupid stuffs, like passing and then slowing down way too soon, stranding people in the passing lane with nowhere to go. Fuck that!

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What year'd he pass Moueix? I think I was in the sand box when he did
Damn, LONG time ago. I was just discovering his music when it happened! Was right after my divorce. So prolly '90? My roommate played lead guitar in a local band. I had never heard of SRV, or Satriani. Those were eye openers for me.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What year'd he pass Moueix? I think I was in the sand box when he did

Lol... I was prolly in the Sandbox at the moment too.. Never spent more than a night, but them Dammitols I was on, I started confusing taxis and cop cars...

Reactions: DC2

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn, LONG time ago. I was just discovering his music when it happened! Was right after my divorce. So prolly '90? My roommate played lead guitar in a local band. I had never heard of SRV, or Satriani. Those were eye openers for me.
Both mind blowing talents. Imagine if Satriani had/has that "feel" like Stevie did. He just had such a special vibe.... now I'm sad again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors