Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You got that shit right...I don't plan on working any longer in the next two years.
I'm selling my companies and heading to S America for good....:stars2::stars::stars2:
Folks can find me on my boat, somewhere on the east or west side of the Panama canal.....:)

I'm HOPING I can make it through my 17 year old's college years. She plans on going locally, which means an apartment so she can study instead of drive, and weekend runs to bring groceries and money. I know the drill, just finishing one up. But financially, I am ready. I am SO worried about the wrong customer saying the wrong shit, or my crew doing something TRULY stupid, that hikes my insurance rates to the point of fuggit, cause that's all it is going to take now.

I looked into South America. Mmmm... not really for me. The Mrs. has a pretty good grasp of Spanish, but not me. Sanitation in many places still has MUCH to be desired. And I'm a blow boat guy. The Mrs. LOVES em, AFTER a few beers. Otherwise, scares the hell outta her.

I've chosen Malaysia. WORLD class medical, far better than the USA, and an International Insurance policy in Malaysia, is like $250/month for FAR better than I'm getting HERE for 6 TIMES that. $3000/month budget is KINGS standard of living, plus English speaking. First time home buyers get silly tax breaks, and your first car (which you won't need for awhile if you import yours) is also tax free. The ONLY thing that is silly priced, is alcohol. Muslim (not Jihadi type) majority. Fortunately, I has enough wine and booze in my collection, to last me my lifetime, and I DO get to bring that too, tax free. I figure I'll do that until I can file for max S.S., then come back and do the gator Gods Waiting Room thing. New Port Richey has been scoped, and VERY nice, pretty affordable.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But that's not the point. Only a stupid person drives a car into water of unknown depth.

Half way reminds me of a friend. He went over a flooded road back in
1988 in his old beater blazer. There was at the time, logic in his mind
for needing to his butt home right absolutely then, which warranted
his stupidity. He tried winching out once the water got as high as his
window.

Rolled it down, got out and fought to get his wench hook free, tossed it
round a telephone pole. A crew in a john boat came by, hauled his near
drown butt out. His blazer got found two miles down the road two days
later.

He chuckled and laughed at himself in telling it to his thirteen year
old seventy year old souled Little Brother. I asked if he thought was
the best way to set an example for a younger scout. He could not stop
laughing for days. It made me glad that he didn't totally come down on
himself over the incident. Bad enough, I didn't let him live it down.

If I recall, his reason for needing home was to loose his Husky
dog. Poor old guy did not like rain at all and would nearly strangle
himself on his run between trees. Old Rosco was fine though, his brother
"Bogger" had gone up to his place right before the storming began.
Booger made a quick lean-to for Rosco to get under.

Looking back, I see that some times people act stupidly for more noble
motives than given credit. Funny how life brings us lessons out of
remembered times. :) Yes, I'd still give my Big Brother a hard time
about being stupid. *chuckles* At least now, I could better see the more
human side of acting like he did.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
DELIGHTFUL Earworm, on the road today! Stopped for a cold one, and saw this. Have you heard Disturbed's version? It is the Whip AND the Nae Nae...

I can enjoy Disturbed's version of this one. Did not realize the vocalist had such a range. Wow! They have done other covers though which imho did not quite sound right or good to me. While I like their version I still love this version. I'm probably too traditional for being such a freak. :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm HOPING I can make it through my 17 year old's college years. She plans on going locally, which means an apartment so she can study instead of drive, and weekend runs to bring groceries and money. I know the drill, just finishing one up. But financially, I am ready. I am SO worried about the wrong customer saying the wrong shit, or my crew doing something TRULY stupid, that hikes my insurance rates to the point of fuggit, cause that's all it is going to take now.

I looked into South America. Mmmm... not really for me. The Mrs. has a pretty good grasp of Spanish, but not me. Sanitation in many places still has MUCH to be desired. And I'm a blow boat guy. The Mrs. LOVES em, AFTER a few beers. Otherwise, scares the hell outta her.

I've chosen Malaysia. WORLD class medical, far better than the USA, and an International Insurance policy in Malaysia, is like $250/month for FAR better than I'm getting HERE for 6 TIMES that. $3000/month budget is KINGS standard of living, plus English speaking. First time home buyers get silly tax breaks, and your first car (which you won't need for awhile if you import yours) is also tax free. The ONLY thing that is silly priced, is alcohol. Muslim (not Jihadi type) majority. Fortunately, I has enough wine and booze in my collection, to last me my lifetime, and I DO get to bring that too, tax free. I figure I'll do that until I can file for max S.S., then come back and do the gator Gods Waiting Room thing. New Port Richey has been scoped, and VERY nice, pretty affordable.

I had a second house on Denarau Island Fiji I sold a couple years ago....I love it there but the trip back and forth to the US was just brutal. Really loved the natives, some really special people who had strong beliefs in the land and nature, including their Kava....:)

If I could talk my GF into moving back I'd be there in a heartbeat...it's simply paradise.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Made it thru another night but man, Im whipped. The powers that be decided we needed to hanger the helicopters AFTER the pilots left so we had to push three of those heavy fuckers in by hand. The fourth one we used the tractor and towed it. Never a drop of rain, nothing but some clouds and stars all night.

GFY, Inspects! (good for you!) The measly one or two days most are lucky to have off, are NOT enough for those over 50. I could do 90 straight when I was young. Good thing I DID too. Because I sure as hell wouldn't want to do it any more.

Try doing 14 12 hr days, Im over 50 and do it every month. 160 hours straight! But I do get a two week vacation every month :)

In 9 years I can hit my 401K or keep building it until 62. I doubt if I will go past then. I am planning on living on $3K a month but I doubt if retirement will cost that much. Thinking of a nice little 30 foot sailboat and living off it most of the time. Between fishing, crabbing, crawfish and shrimp, expenses will be low.

Sounds like my life to a T....only I quit the marriage gig 20 years ago, THANK GOD....all my children are married except my youngest daughter who is still in college @ 25 yrs old......:cry:

Never said I do. When I split with my ex of 28 years she found out the house was mine, the cars was mine, the joint bank accounts was mine and the retirement was mine. Gotta love Louisiana Napoleonic laws (no such thing as common law marriage)
Mine worked some thru the years but every penny she made went into her pocket and her bank account. She never helped pay the mortgage, never helped with the household cost or bills, and she spent what I made freely so I dont believe I owe her anything.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
IMG_0697%20(Custom).jpg

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and GFY everyone! Quiet night last night and slept straight through. We're not out of it yet, though, as we are still looking at rain through Thursday. Hope it won't be so bad though. The bayous are still rising in Houston and supposed to crest today. Up to 17" of rain is just way too much!

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can enjoy Disturbed's version of this one. Did not realize the vocalist had such a range. Wow! They have done other covers though which imho did not quite sound right or good to me. While I like their version I still love this version. I'm probably too traditional for being such a freak. :)
I'm soooo totally not a fan of his. I'm afraid to listen to it. Haven't heard it on the radio either lol

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning and GFY everyone! Quiet night last night and slept straight through. We're not out of it yet, though, as we are still looking at rain through Thursday. Hope it won't be so bad though. The bayous are still rising in Houston and supposed to crest today. Up to 17" of rain is just way too much!
It's awful. We got really lucky here. Hang in there

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
GOOOOOOOD MORNING VAPING UNDERGROUND & GFY! Going to go in today & deal with the bully on the playground that is my supervisor & try to find out why my vacation isn't approved yet! He's the kind of guy that likes to make you wait until the last minute before approving it just because he can! This time it'll be the excuse that he needs to make sure he has enough people to cover the MFG hours the Fri before Memorial day! The problem with that is that I'm MFG indirect so my hours don't count towards actual MFG hours! He's just on some kind of power trip! Thanx for putting up with my rant! Time to get ready for adulting! Wish me luck!:shades:

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm soooo totally not a fan of his. I'm afraid to listen to it. Haven't heard it on the radio either lol
When we tell you to GFY Hank, we don't REALLY mean it. Go listen to that, and stop FY. I promise.

GOOD MORNING ALL YOU DELIGHTFUL BASTAGES!!! GFY!!! GFYITA! That's right, It's TUESDAY Again

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
My grandparents in Conroe faired ok thankfully...they usually get more rain over that way than Houston. Hope you continue to be ok.

GeekALiscious

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well sumbitch. GFY's you chatty Cathy's!

Consider all your posts "liked". This thread's like the Cannonball Express - rollin' rollin' rollin' and no signs of slowing down!

I have to pretend to be responsible today :cuss:

Seizure lazer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors