VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
81713-sloth-eating-carrot-breakfast-opK3.gif

good morning

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
G'morning all! GFYs! Only 2 days of adulting this week! They gave me an extra week (4 weeks total) this year and the ability to sell back a week once a year in our birthday month! I still love working in small job shops but this corporate shit is pretty kool too!
Trade ya you come deal with my mom for the day and I'll go to work for you for a week

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Trade ya you come deal with my mom for the day and I'll go to work for you for a week
Nope! Nope! Nope! (he says like the buzzard on Looney Tunes) I have a hard time dealin with 1 week per year with my mom! She;s getting really weird! Still love her though just in small doses! Time to get ready for constipated adulting!:shades:

OOPS! Meant compensated!:bliss::crazy:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nope! Nope! Nope! (he says like the buzzard on Looney Tunes) I have a hard time dealin with 1 week per year with my mom! She;s getting really weird! Still love her though just in small doses! Time to get ready for constipated adulting!:shades:

OOPS! Meant compensated!:bliss::crazy:
john-goodman.gif

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We just had Salmon last night and yeah the smell can linger a while, the only downfall peeve of mine, but I love it:)
Good morning in here!!
I never realized how bad a place can smell after cooking fish until after i quit smoking. Few months back I brought a pack of fish with me to work. At work they provide us with these little 2 bedroom apartments. I have the apartment for the two weeks I am at work and when I go home the guy who works opposite of me has it. I cooked that pack of fish one night and for the next week or more every time I walked into the apartment the smell just assaulted me. Finally had to take a can of lysol and just douche the place with it to get rid of the smell.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never realized how bad a place can smell after cooking fish until after i quit smoking. Few months back I brought a pack of fish with me to work. At work they provide us with these little 2 bedroom apartments. I have the apartment for the two weeks I am at work and when I go home the guy who works opposite of me has it. I cooked that pack of fish one night and for the next week or more every time I walked into the apartment the smell just assaulted me. Finally had to take a can of lysol and just douche the place with it to get rid of the smell.

Thinking I recall somewhere hearing/reading that vinegar heated and let to cool will draw out fish odor. May have mishear/read, think it would be worth a try though. It seems logical to me, the fumes, aroma of the vinegar displacing the fish odor.

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Few years ago while house shopping, realtor showed us quite a few houses previously owned by Asians. Even though all empty and clean, often with new carpet and paint, the houses had overpowering stink of Chinese food & soy sauce. Gross. I could walk into an empty house & immediately know the sellers were Asian.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and GFY, folks! Having a hard time getting going this morning. No energy today. My weekend sucked, couldn't get anything done I had intended to get done. Time for a couple ibuprofen, my arthritis is tearing me up. More rain coming this afternoon. Can't we just skip Mondays?

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning and GFY, folks! Having a hard time getting going this morning. No energy today. My weekend sucked, couldn't get anything done I had intended to get done. Time for a couple ibuprofen, my arthritis is tearing me up. More rain coming this afternoon. Can't we just skip Mondays?

Long time ago had a bad MC accident, broke my hips. 40 years later my hips are now a built-in barometer .... I can feel it when it's going to rain.

And being in Houston last week, been popping ibuprofen like candy

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Long time ago had a bad MC accident, broke my hips. 40 years later my hips are now a built-in barometer .... I can feel it when it's going to rain.

omg!!! I feel your pain!!! - literally!!!! I was told to stay clear of the ibuprofen. I told the doctor to GFY. funny thing though, the equate version fits in a pezz dispenser.

Last edited:

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I'm two hours west and the humidity is tearing my ass up. I have to watch taking ibuprofen as I also have ulcer issues. I mostly just live with the aches and pains, but sometimes I just have to take the edge off.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm two hours west and the humidity is tearing my ass up. I have to watch taking ibuprofen as I also have ulcer issues. I mostly just live with the aches and pains, but sometimes I just have to take the edge off.

I couldnt live without Ibuprofen but my doc doesnt like hearing i take it, so I stopped telling him :D

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Was out in your neck of woods few weeks ago, doing a bluebonnet drive with family. Love it out there .... And the world's best kolaches, bar none!

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Was out in your neck of woods few weeks ago, doing a bluebonnet drive with family. Love it out there .... And the world's best kolaches, bar none!
The kolaches are spectacular here, for sure! We've really had a pretty good bluebonnet season with the rain we've had this year.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I'm with you dude --- here is my cup of sympathy as a fellow sufferer. But Monday on we must :(

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Used to do a lot of bass fishing in nearby Fayetteville. My fishin partner was a native .... His dad used to own the Fayetteville Chevy dealership. It closed decades ago because he was too generous with car loans to many nearby farmers and the local poor.

Closed probably 30+ years ago. But those generations of families never forgot. We'd stop at a local diner for lunch after fishing .... And a local would always buy our meals. Always. Shake my partners hand, ask how his familys doing, & silently paid the waitress for our blue plate specials.

God I love small towns!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I guess doctors don't like it, because it's so effective, they don't need to peddle any expensive prescription snake-oil and get their kick-back from BP.

Andria
Sadly the docs are right about Ibuprofen. It is a great pain reliever but it is also well known to eat thru the stomach lining and causing ulcers. I dont care tho, if the arthritis in my neck kicks in I can be in tears soon and the only thing that touches it is ibuprofen.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Never heard that about ibuprofen. Tylenol, definitely, but I think the only damage from NSAIDs is gastric irritation and blood thinning.

Andria

Actually, you are right. It's acetaminophen that can actually cause liver damage.

Ibuprofen has its own list of "possible side effects" that sound worse than the thing your are trying to abate, lol.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sadly the docs are right about Ibuprofen. It is a great pain reliever but it is also well known to eat thru the stomach lining and causing ulcers. I dont care tho, if the arthritis in my neck kicks in I can be in tears soon and the only thing that touches it is ibuprofen.
I feel for you! My arthritis is confined to my hands and hips down to my feet. My knees elbows and shoulders are all ok. I am careful with the ibuprofin. And I only take it maybe once every couple of weeks. Don't dare do a daily regimen of it.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And if youre in a hospital bed, they charge $125 an ibuprofen pill for pain. Dont ask how I know.
If I am in a hospital bed I am going to be getting the good shit or I am leaving. Last year I spent a lot of time in a hospital bed and had a run in with one of the nurses over that. She accused me of calling for dilaudid every 2 hours just because I liked the buzz and she was right, I did like it but it wasnt her call. She wanted me to take an over the counter pain med and I demanded she called my doctor (it was like 1 am). She didnt want to do that but argue instead so told her ok, grabbed my cell phone and started googling the docs home info. She went and got my shot :D

Dampfsucht

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've been told by the doctors to use Tylenol. I mostly just deal with the aches and pains, unless it's unbearable. Been diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If I am in a hospital bed I am going to be getting the good shit or I am leaving. Last year I spent a lot of time in a hospital bed and had a run in with one of the nurses over that. She accused me of calling for dilaudid every 2 hours just because I liked the buzz and she was right, I did like it but it wasnt her call. She wanted me to take an over the counter pain med and I demanded she called my doctor (it was like 1 am). She didnt want to do that but argue instead so told her ok, grabbed my cell phone and started googling the docs home info. She went and got my shot :D

Man, some of those fucking nurses think they are doctors. Don't get me started on pain management and nurses in hospitals - and anyone who goes into the hospital in pain or for surgery must have an advocate to deal with those demagogues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors