Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you posted photos I can't see `em :(

I used to love those Mings too - but since my tastebuds have come back I taste the acrylic and have had to discontinue using them. It is a real boner because not only do I love the draw on the Mings, they are inexpensive and better to use while driving around here.

I live on a dirt road and the highway is full of pot holes after a rough winter. I'm afraid I'm gonna bust my teeth out using the stainless or cut my face with glass going over some of these rough roads. Plus they don't draw as well.

Yeah I had to go back and edit, I had hit submit before posting the pic, so then I had to upload it to my server and actually link to it -- it's there now. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I had to go back and edit, I had hit submit before posting the pic, so then I had to upload it to my server and actually link to it -- it's there now. :D

Andria

Yeah, do the double post just like that and like the cheese head did. Just use the bottom holes and ignore the top. It won't hurt a thing.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I haven't had any trouble with acrylic as far as the taste, but I know what you mean; I have a "hook" plastic one that I bought some months ago, and I CANNOT get rid of the plastic taste. Ick.

Andria

Romano Cheese

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Filthy? Try this -- it's actually only about half as dirty as it'll get before I dryburn it. :D

View attachment 48997

:D
Andria

ETA: that's a 2.1Ω coil. :D

Lol okay not that filthy :eek: but it appears you can use single coil in the Alleria. If you are mostly at home using it, I think just leaving the stock drip tip out once you sweet spot the juice flow control and put your pretty ming drip tips in you should be fine.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I haven't had any trouble with acrylic as far as the taste, but I know what you mean; I have a "hook" plastic one that I bought some months ago, and I CANNOT get rid of the plastic taste. Ick.

Andria

I started tasting it a few weeks ago and it ruined everything. I finally had a decent collection going, and they look awesome.

If you do get an Alleria, don't forget to shut the juice channel with the dt before filling - I forgot a minute ago and now got a fucking mess everywhere.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Lol okay not that filthy :eek: but it appears you can use single coil in the Alleria. If you are mostly at home using it, I think just leaving the stock drip tip out once you sweet spot the juice flow control and put your pretty ming drip tips in you should be fine.

Yeah, just keep the stock drip tip handy for refilling and adjusting the juice control. Any 510 tip fits for vaping.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You have amazing psychic powers! Boudreaux's is a Cajun restaurant which is French-ish cuisine, and I AM presently "grazing"..
View attachment 48980 View attachment 48981
Boudreaux's is also the name of an awesome meat place in thibodaux la. I use to get a buddy who works in Houma to swing by there and get e a few pounds of some of the best jerky you can ever taste and some awesome turkey cheese.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Boudreaux's is also the name of an awesome meat place in thibodaux la. I use to get a buddy who works in Houma to swing by there and get e a few pounds of some of the best jerky you can ever taste and some awesome turkey cheese.
I think that was my boudain and hogshead stop on the way back from Lafayette.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I don't mind the stock tip, but I could see how some others wouldn't like it.

I'm a small person and a lot of standard size grown up things just aren't quite right for me. Despite my big mouth on the forum, it's actually on the small side in real life, lol.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I guess I'm kinda weird, with how dirty I let my coils get before I dry-burn and rewick; it actually seems like the vape gets sweeter and better continuously.... until it either doesn't taste like much of anything, or it tastes metallic -- I usually wait till the flavor really drops off before dry-burn/re-wick; once I get the metallic taste, I figure it's time to actually replace the coil with a new one.

It takes longer with this blueberry, than with the strawberry; I get most of a week out of a wick with the blueberry; with the strawberry, every other day or the wick is just black and the juice gets really dark and my husband says it smells like "burning shit". :giggle: But that darkening is why I originally switched to RDAs, when the strawberry was my ADV. I only stopped vaping it when I had that cold and my sense of smell was bonkers, it didn't taste good to me then, so I gave it a rest.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Its that day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1e17c37103cf1ebc0257fcbb25f6753b.jpg

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I don't mind the stock tip, but I could see how some others wouldn't like it.

I use it. It's not too big for me these days. I hate the tip on the ijoy Tornado though.

Are they shipping it DHL

They always do. Hopefully it will go well, unlike the Alleria prototype fiasco!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I use it. It's not too big for me these days. I hate the tip on the ijoy Tornado though.

I bitch about all shippers all the time, but DHL takes the cake for WORST SHIPPERS EVER in my neck of the woods. They absolutely blow. I got like $7 refunded to me as part of a class action lawsuit against them filed by the State of Alaska for false advertising about 15 years ago.

They should have paid me more like $700 for all the crap.

Romano Cheese

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

201603311929273342.jpg
That clusterfuck of disaster? What did the dude from Jurassic Park say? They were so preoccupied if they could, they never stopped to wonder if they should? I haven't used it, but I don't have much interest in trying it either.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I bitch about all shippers all the time, but DHL takes the cake for WORST SHIPPERS EVER in my neck of the woods. They absolutely blow. I got like $7 refunded to me as part of a class action lawsuit against them filed by the State of Alaska for false advertising about 15 years ago.

They should have paid me more like $700 for all the crap.

Yeah, they totally fucked up on the Alleria prototype. Sent it to the wrong delivery center 14 times? Sadly, they kept driving it past my house twice a day because of it. I told them they should just take it to the PO because I trust USPS more.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, they totally fucked up on the Alleria prototype. Sent it to the wrong delivery center 14 times? Sadly, they kept driving it past my house twice a day because of it. I told them they should just take it to the PO because I trust USPS more.

No shit. I bitch about them too, but all in all, they are the most reliable where I live, I'm just lucky it is also the cheapest option.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
View attachment 49000
That clusterfuck of disaster? What did the dude from Jurassic Park say? They were so preoccupied if they could, they never stopped to wonder if they should? I haven't used it, but I don't have much interest in trying it either.

Yeah, and I put 6 coils in that damn thing. The design is an absolute fucked up mess as far as building it goes. You can't dryfire or pulse unless you screw on the chimney barrel or stick a screwdriver in your 510 connection to complete the circuit.

They could really use a vaper to help them! It never should have been released as it is.

Now that I'm working with vaping360 though, I'm getting things for review.That was one of them.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I order a lot of bulk stuff from walmart online and UPS will deliver it, but the drivers are always waaaaaaaay too lazy to open my gate and drive up my driveway. Actually had them leave a $400 gun hanging in a plastic bag on my fence once. I had to call on that one and it was a very irate call.

Romano Cheese

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, and I put 6 coils in that damn thing. The design is an absolute fucked up mess as far as building it goes. You can't dryfire or pulse unless you screw on the chimney barrel or stick a screwdriver in your 510 connection to complete the circuit.

They could really use a vaper to help them! It never should have been released as it is.

Now that I'm working with vaping360 though, I'm getting things for review.That was one of them.

The 2016 worst piece of vape gear award goes to - that monstrosity.

Romano Cheese

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't be so hasty ---- 2016 is still young and the world does indeed keep getting dumber.

I think when 2016 ends this will be at least top 3 shittiest products if not the winner. I just watched a YouTube review of it. It is fucked.

Yep, it wins the first quarter of 2016 award. But, I'm optimistic something worse will land in my mailbox.

My sympathies go out to you for even attempting to use that POS

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think when 2016 ends this will be at least top 3 shittiest products if not the winner. I just watched a YouTube review of it. It is fucked.

My sympathies go out to you for even attempting to use that POS

No doubt. Sounds like my house a few months back when I was trying upgrade for the first time in over two years :blech:
If you just put a plain jane dual coil build in the Alleria, how is it?

My plain jane single build, 1.2 ohm, is rocking, would probably go up a notch if I get off my ass and do a double.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I think we can ALL agree that it's totally ECF's loss!

Andria

:) thanks. I think I'll be more useful on vaping360. I'll be able to do full reviews, try more RTAs because they are being provided by manufacturers. I've been too broke so far in 2016 to buy much. And I'll probably reach a larger audience.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'm working on my warm-milk cocoa, got a new 15ml of my blueberry mixed, so I think it's time to adjourn to my book and get ready for sleep. Y'all be good.. but if you can't be good, be good at it. :D and GFYs!

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's sick as tits bruh. On a serious note, it's a fantastic little RTA with almost too much flavor.

I'm starting to agree with your "too much" flavor. I just diluted my juice by 50 % and its still a little sharp.

EDIT: On the Boreas the dilution has been perfect

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
In fact, take a look at the icloudcig Moradin. Talk about flavor, right up there with the Alleria. The Alleria edges it on two things though: the cool glass chimney, and ability to replace the glass if it breaks. But, I'm digging the Moradin, too.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
In fact, take a look at the icloudcig Moradin. Talk about flavor, right up there with the Alleria. The Alleria edges it on two things though: the cool glass chimney, and ability to replace the glass if it breaks. But, I'm digging the Moradin, too.

My vape budget has already exceeded all expectations for awhile :(

But! I have a visa gift card stashed for when the Merlin comes out.

Always have a back door man, always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors