Status
Not open for further replies.

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, you wished me good morning 2 hrs ago when I was still happily in dreamland, so GFY! :D

And good morning and GFY to the rest of y'all too! And hey... GUESS. WHAT. DAY. IT. IS!

:)
Andria

813c8315c425ff82235fbf37b221f282.jpg

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got prints I've made and have access to a full metal shop so most of the work I'll do myself.

I'll have the structural engineers I work with review and sign off on drawings to ensure code compliance. Same with electrical and HVAC.

The biggest problem is unloading rental properties to fund it in a fucked up market:mad:
OOPS! GFY everybody!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I was wondering about filling with Alleria! Isn't it a PITA closing the JFC? Because on the reviews I watched it looked like the adjuster threads were kinda fine! Anybody counted the turns between open & closed?:shades:

Any atty I have/had with this style of jfc, I count how much I have to close it when I refill. Then open it the same amount. The Alleria has been the easiest for me because I only need 1/4-5/8 of a turn. Hell, the Rose can be 3-4 turns.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Any atty I have/had with this style of jfc, I count how much I have to close it when I refill. Then open it the same amount. The Alleria has been the easiest for me because I only need 1/4-5/8 of a turn. Hell, the Rose can be 3-4 turns.

I woke up this morning thinking about this, and I gotta say, I find this much fiddling to be a little intimidating -- I'm so used to "take cap off - fill - replace cap - vape" -- is there a video about the exact steps that have to be done, to do this properly, without making a mess and wasting juice?

I'm thoroughly intrigued by the Alleria, but I dunno... it seems very fiddlesome. Feeling very intimidated about it.

Andria

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back in the day, before you head to sign for alcohol shipments UPS delivered two cases of wine to my house and left it at the end of my driveway which I can't even see from the house. It's state land so there's Hunters up and down that road all day. It said on the website that it had been delivered but there were no boxes. Fortunately it was insured. It was about $5,000 worth of wine. I called them and made a claim and they had to replace the two cases of wine.

About 3 weeks after I got the replacement wine my next door neighbor who Winters in Florida, came back and told me hey by the way UPS left a couple boxes out of the mailbox and I'll pick them up for you there in my basement looks like wine. It was those two cases of wine!
What time you want us all their to help you dispose of the evidence? LOL

Romano Cheese

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Also, results may vary depending on how open you run the JFC. I use mine open all the way so it takes a few more turns.

I woke up this morning thinking about this, and I gotta say, I find this much fiddling to be a little intimidating -- I'm so used to "take cap off - fill - replace cap - vape" -- is there a video about the exact steps that have to be done, to do this properly, without making a mess and wasting juice?

I'm thoroughly intrigued by the Alleria, but I dunno... it seems very fiddlesome. Feeling very intimidated about it.

Andria

1. Close the juice flow. 2. Twist off the top fill cap. 3. Fill with juice and replace top cap. 4. Open juice flow 5. Vape

If you go back a page or two where I posted that review video, skip past the building part to where he reassembles the tank and fills it at around the 12:30 mark

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lol, no, not at all. I was trying to play catch up everywhere yesterday and still fell behind. Yesterday was insane in real life and forum life. I never did get caught up, so let me know if you find me somewhere.

kthxbai!
I'm in the same boat. I've been so busy the last few that I don't think I'll be able to catch up. I'm taking a five minute break and have to get back after it, and that's nowhere near enough time to catch up. Tonight may be the same. I need a vacation!

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Andria

The Alleria is the most newb friendly of this type of jfc because you can see your wicks. You will know if they're dry or if it's flooding immediately. My advice is start with a little at a time until you find the sweet spot for your wicking. Start with 1/4 turn. If your wicks are dryish, open a bit more, and repeat if needed.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Alleria is the most newb friendly of this type of jfc because you can see your wicks. You will know if they're dry or if it's flooding immediately. My advice is start with a little at a time until you find the sweet spot for your wicking. Start with 1/4 turn. If your wicks are dryish, open a bit more, and repeat if needed.
I do have an Alleria, built it once and lost all the juice. Leaked like no other I've ever had. I know I must have done something wrong, but it sits there idle because I'm gun shy of it and haven't had the time to redo it again.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I do have an Alleria, built it once and lost all the juice. Leaked like no other I've ever had. I know I must have done something wrong, but it sits there idle because I'm gun shy of it and haven't had the time to redo it again.

We need to figure out why :) One thing to look at is if you have the tank cage/glass on upside down. I'll need to pull one apart to verify, but I'm nearly sure the glass goes in from the top.

Romano Cheese

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

It's one of my favorite tanks. So much flavor. First time I wicked it, I did it old school with a strip of cut cotton and it leaked like a sieve. I switched to the Scottish Roll technique and it wicks like a champ with juice flow wide open. I think a little tinkering will payoff once you get it performing the way it should.

We need to figure out why :) One thing to look at is if you have the tank cage/glass on upside down. I'll need to pull one apart to verify, but I'm nearly sure the glass goes in from the top.

Also this. I didn't know about the up or down until I read that one person's post in the Alleria thread, luckily I had it assembled correctly.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Not really worried about wicking; as I said, I've been using 3/32 ID coils for over a year, and shiseido cotton for well over 6 months, and have finally gotten pretty much perfect at the right amount of wick for that size -- getting used to the size of the coil seems to be the major factor in learning the right amount of wick to use. I'm just concerned about all the different things that need to be set -- airflow, juice control.... it seems very complicated.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking I need to just direct my efforts to convincing my husband that I really do need to spend $96 for an atty, and get an Achilles 2 when we get our tax refund. *sigh* It won't be easy at all to convince him of that, but the clone of the Achilles 2 just keeps not happening, though we started hearing rumors of it before the New Year. *sigh*

Andria

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have no clue about that glass! I took it all apart initially to clean it all and it's possible that something didn't go the way it should. How can you tell which way is which?

I took note when I took it apart the first time :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
EFC has so many arbitrary rules to try and keep other users from possibly driving other users away, but I'm willing to bet the mods are the only people driving users away from that site

Welcome to VU Rabbit Slayer. The ECF mods seems to be the biggest complaint we have on them. They like to make shit up as they go.

Romano Cheese

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If yall havent seen the movie Deadpool yet, OMFG that is the funniest super hero movie I seen in a long time :giggle:

Deadpool was really good. Especially the whole looking to the camera and talking to the audience. I thought Batman vs Superman was pretty good too. Now it's time for Civil War :popcorn:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Deadpool was really good. Especially the whole looking to the camera and talking to the audience. I thought Batman vs Superman was pretty good too. Now it's time for Civil War :popcorn:
I thought that one was nearly unwatchable with the horrible editing and plot holes....The whole movie felt like a very long, very boring trailer for The Justice League

Have not seen Batman vs Superman yet, waiting for it to hit VUDU and then I will check it out.

Romano Cheese

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I thought that one was nearly unwatchable with the horrible editing and plot holes....The whole movie felt like a very long, very boring trailer for The Justice League

Story wise it's not great. I thought the fight scenes and action were good. But yeah it was mainly just a build up for JL

Have not seen Batman vs Superman yet, waiting for it to hit VUDU and then I will check it out.

I should edit my original analysis. I would not pay money to watch that movie. ;);)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not really worried about wicking; as I said, I've been using 3/32 ID coils for over a year, and shiseido cotton for well over 6 months, and have finally gotten pretty much perfect at the right amount of wick for that size -- getting used to the size of the coil seems to be the major factor in learning the right amount of wick to use. I'm just concerned about all the different things that need to be set -- airflow, juice control.... it seems very complicated.

Andria

I managed to put it together in less than 20 minutes, including washing it and making the coil - and I proudly claim the title of most inept coil/atty building Fugee on VU.

And, because I'm a rocket scientist in training, I did not consult the manual or watch Utube videos, and still managed to build it correctly on first try with no leaking issues.

So far, the only thing I'm not liking is the drip tip as a key thing, but thats mainly because I always replace originals with slimmer DT and immediately lose the original.

P.S. I would have benefited from watching a quick build video

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cromwell is an old fart. Takes lots of naps and is always yelling at kids to get off his lawn :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
I can nap today since the rain is keeping the kids off the lawn.
I officially retire next month. After then those kids cannot sneak over while I am at work.
Need to automate it with motion detectors and loudspeakers....

On another note a new Achilles RDA but not for Andria I think?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You a glutton for punishment? Wow! I have a little over half an acre and I use my riding mower.

A few years ago I found out the guy at the end of my road that I hate really hates Fireweed, so I started fertilizing mine and no longer have a lawn or a mowing problem.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That sounds like a brutal workout
You a glutton for punishment? Wow! I have a little over half an acre and I use my riding mower.

I have a 50 in zero turn mower and another 48 in cut rider here plus a finish deck for the tractor but I been living too much of a sedated lifestyle so got one of these to get me off my ass and active while accomplishing something.
zr3Wtbw.png

Now I try to get 10,000 steps in a day walking and this sounded like a good idea at the time :giggle:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have a 50 in zero turn mower and another 48 in cut rider here plus a finish deck for the tractor but I been living too much of a sedated lifestyle so got one of these to get me off my ass and active while accomplishing something.
zr3Wtbw.png

Now I try to get 10,000 steps in a day walking and this sounded like a good idea at the time :giggle:

That sounds like one of my brilliant ideas I immediately regret

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors