ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a 50 in zero turn mower and another 48 in cut rider here plus a finish deck for the tractor but I been living too much of a sedated lifestyle so got one of these to get me off my ass and active while accomplishing something.
zr3Wtbw.png

Now I try to get 10,000 steps in a day walking and this sounded like a good idea at the time :giggle:
I still have to use a push mower to hit the areas I can't get with the rider. Just a little 21" job, but it gets the job done. I put in enough miles on my job to subject myself to trying to do the whole yard with it. That's some fancy looking push mower! My rider is only a 42" Craftsman Pro. Tried to talk the wife into letting me get a zero turn, but that didn't work....

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have a 50 in zero turn mower and another 48 in cut rider here plus a finish deck for the tractor but I been living too much of a sedated lifestyle so got one of these to get me off my ass and active while accomplishing something.
zr3Wtbw.png

Now I try to get 10,000 steps in a day walking and this sounded like a good idea at the time :giggle:

Chopdoc sounds like an excellent name for a line of lawnmowers

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
zr3Wtbw.png

Ummm, if ya really wanted to get some exercise you shoulda got one of these:D
sc21-mainImage-1lg.jpg

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's exactly what I thought when he said mowing by hand - those things are deadly, but highly effective
I actually had the brilliant idea to use one of those on my (rather small) yard just to get more exercise. Worked great on the flat spots, doesn't work worth a shit on less than flat areas. Used it 3 or 4 times at most before going back to the gas mower just because of the dips and bumps in my yard.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can nap today since the rain is keeping the kids off the lawn.
I officially retire next month. After then those kids cannot sneak over while I am at work.
Need to automate it with motion detectors and loudspeakers....

On another note a new Achilles RDA but not for Andria I think?

Not a *real* Achilles at all -- by titanium-mods.com -- those are all 22mm. The only Achilles I'm interested in is either an authentic by titanium-mods or a clone of one of theirs -- Achilles or Achilles 2.

Even if I found that humongous one attractive, I have no mod it would look decent on.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got into it with Walmart online. I ordered a bunch of stuff so i didnt have to drive to town, haul all that heavy stuff out to the car, load it and drive it home. So what they do, USPS has it and left me a pink non delivery tag even tho I was home all day and my gate was wide open. The lazy bitch mail lady couldnt be bothered to drive up my driveway and honk the damn horn. Now I gotta drive to the post office tomorrow, load all that shit up in the car and drive it home.

Told walmart it totally negates any benefit of buying online and if thats the way its going to be I might as well go back to doing all my shopping at the local piggly Wiggly and not with them.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do a combination of Wally World and Krogers for Groceries and such.
Some things are enough cheaper at wally world that I buy them there. Nestles Quick and Smuckers Strawberry Jam for a couple. Basic necessities of life :)

Ditto, though we also shop Ingles and Aldi for some things -- best thing about where we live now is how close we are to everything we most need. :) Groceries, check; library, check; computer/electronics store, check; Target, check; Home Depot, check; hubby's work, check; several dollar stores, check. All except the computer/electronics store is within 2.5 miles, and the electronics store is only about 4-5 miles. :)

Andria

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Piggly Wiggly... Have not seen one of those in decades. Had one in my hometown when I was MUCH younger.
This will sound crazy. Living in the north I never saw a piggly wiggly and was always highly amused by the name. Last year I finally got to go out of state and that was the first place I went once we got our apartment in myrtle beach I was so stinking excited about it for no reason whatsoever

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got into it with Walmart online. I ordered a bunch of stuff so i didnt have to drive to town, haul all that heavy stuff out to the car, load it and drive it home. So what they do, USPS has it and left me a pink non delivery tag even tho I was home all day and my gate was wide open. The lazy bitch mail lady couldnt be bothered to drive up my driveway and honk the damn horn. Now I gotta drive to the post office tomorrow, load all that shit up in the car and drive it home.

Told walmart it totally negates any benefit of buying online and if thats the way its going to be I might as well go back to doing all my shopping at the local piggly Wiggly and not with them.
Fuck fucking Walmart!

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
This will sound crazy. Living in the north I never saw a piggly wiggly and was always highly amused by the name. Last year I finally got to go out of state and that was the first place I went once we got our apartment in myrtle beach I was so stinking excited about it for no reason whatsoever
now, when you say "crazy", what are you using as a baseline... :)

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do a combination of Wally World and Krogers for Groceries and such.
Some things are enough cheaper at wally world that I buy them there. and Smuckers Strawberry Jam for a couple. Basic necessities of life :)

Our local Kroger is awesome. They employ a lot of mentally handicapped from a nearby halfway home. Most can't bag worth a shit, but they're very sweet.

We also like to support our local Costco. They pay excellent wages and their employees seem to love working there.

Last edited:

Romano Cheese

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I've never seen one either. Did it live up to the hype?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ditto, though we also shop Ingles and Aldi for some things -- best thing about where we live now is how close we are to everything we most need. :) Groceries, check; library, check; computer/electronics store, check; Target, check; Home Depot, check; hubby's work, check; several dollar stores, check. All except the computer/electronics store is within 2.5 miles, and the electronics store is only about 4-5 miles. :)

Andria
My local Office Depot closed. $E8C4C22ECE57A80.gif

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Our local Kroger is awesome. They employ a lot of mentally handicapped from a nearby halfway home. Most can't bag worth a shit, but they're very sweet.

We also like to support our local Costco. They pay excellent wages and their employees seem to love working there.
My Krogers also has a 'slow' bagger. One day I was not paying attention when he asked me if I wanted my milk in a bag, so he repeated a bit loud. I nicely said in a bag please. Afterwards a manager approaced me an apologized for the bagger being loud.
I told him it was my fault and not to give the bagger any trouble over it or I would chew the managers butt.
And that I thought the bagger did a good job. the next time I saw the bagger I noted his name and sent an email of praise to Kroger.
Both for hiring him and for his good job.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Kroger IS, indeed, awesome. Costco is the polar fucking opposite of fucking Walmart

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay now I have 0 desire to ever go to one. Thanks for the run down :)
It truly was like any other small town grocery store. All in all I was so excited about everything it was barely a blip in my radar, we saved money by buying groceries instead of eating out. But I can say I've done it so there's that

I get excited about strange things, I'm easily amused

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A to the muthafrickin MEN! Sam Walton can go eat a bag of dicks.
See, I never got the hatred of walmart. Where else can someone with the skill set of being a buggy pusher (not saying by a long shot all walmart employees are like that, just buggy pushers) able to have a job with a 401K and insurance available to them?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Havent seen a Krogers in 30 years.
Maybe you have?

In addition to Kroger Stores, its groceries include Cala Foods, City Markets, Copps, Dillons, FoodsCo, Fred Meyer Stores, Fry's, King Soopers, Mariano's Fresh Market, Metro Market, Pick 'n Save, Quality Food Centers (a.k.a. QFC), Ralphs, Food 4 Less, and Smith's Food and Drug.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See, I never got the hatred of walmart. Where else can someone with the skill set of being a buggy pusher (not saying by a long shot all walmart employees are like that, just buggy pushers) able to have a job with a 401K and insurance available to them?
Yep I never got it either, some of the scenery is a bit shocking there though.
Whassup with the Jammie bottoms in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors