ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, we have taken under advisement all that y'all said about gas water heaters vs. electric, and decided to save the extra money and just get a new gas water heater. Which means we'll have a little $$$ for some other new stuff -- maybe a new flat screen TV for the living room, a mobile phone for me, and that Achilles 2 RDA I want. :)

Andria
Yippie! That's great Andria!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not true, I'm a shill like a motherfucker for the damn Goon RDA. I can not tell a lie
Yea well, I can be the pest from hell.....Went to visit my sister in New Orleans and brought my nephew with me to see his mom. I also brought some siren whistles and proceeded to blow them the whole time in the French Quarter at people. lol!!!! They were SO mad at me they took them away. Little did they know I had MORE. hehehehehe. So that night after we all went to our rooms, I took this selfie and texted it to them. hehehehe!
upload_2016-5-7_14-39-10.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It didn't work?

No, at least not here for me. No worries hon. I have laughs enough. :)

Laughed this morning around 5 AM locally, our little dog Shrek was being obnoxious in bed. Kept trying to see if he wanted to go out for potty. He kept refusing. I bribed him with a few treats. He would be calm a little, then obnoxious again. Finally, "want papa back in bed?"

He wound down and curled up between my chest and arm. He needed papa in bed so he could avoid puppy nightmares. Told my wife. "See, you ruined my boy by having him fixed. He needs papa to sleep now." Of course, would she quit sawing logs enough to notice him going crazy in bed with her? No, not at all.

jimbodaddy74

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, we have taken under advisement all that y'all said about gas water heaters vs. electric, and decided to save the extra money and just get a new gas water heater. Which means we'll have a little $$$ for some other new stuff -- maybe a new flat screen TV for the living room, a mobile phone for me, and that Achilles 2 RDA I want. :)

Andria
Smart move to stay with a gas water heater. If you had the extra funds, I'd even recommend a tankless. That way, you're not paying to keep water hot 24/7/365.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Smart move to stay with a gas water heater. If you had the extra funds, I'd even recommend a tankless. That way, you're not paying to keep water hot 24/7/365.

Well, even with this ancient gas water heater we have now, our summer gas bill is only about $35, so it's really not that expensive. We're thinking that with a new water heater, presumably rather more energy efficient that the ancient one, it should be even less. Even our winter bills never go over $100, so if we start up the levelized billing, we should wind up with gas bills less than $70 every month. But we wouldn't start the levelized billing till we knew for sure what our summer gas bills would be, with the new water heater.

Andria

jimbodaddy74

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, even with this ancient gas water heater we have now, our summer gas bill is only about $35, so it's really not that expensive. We're thinking that with a new water heater, presumably rather more energy efficient that the ancient one, it should be even less. Even our winter bills never go over $100, so if we start up the levelized billing, we should wind up with gas bills less than $70 every month. But we wouldn't start the levelized billing till we knew for sure what our summer gas bills would be, with the new water heater.

Andria
Most standard gas water heaters burn at 80% max efficiency. So for every $100 of gas bill, $20 goes right out the vent pipe without doing anything. Same applies for gas furnaces. Basically, when you see the efficiency rating, look at it as how many dollars out of every hundred actually does what it's supposed to, which is heat water or your home.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Funny you say that. My fave vendor has a whole line of Boba's. Regular, coffee, coconut, lychee, some more. Not a big fan, but I LOVE the actual Boba Tea with the tapioca spheres. Yeah, you see how I didn't say "balls"?
You meant it tho! It's ok Moueix, we know you love the balls, & we accept you anyways

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It really is... Instead of over $2k just to get a water heater, it'll be a good bit less than $1k, including the labor -- which frees up a bit over $1k for this other crap we want. :) :) :)

Andria

DAMN it! I was hoping you'd go electric, just to "see" your expression when you got that electric bill and hear you say "Damn Mo, you was RIGHT!" Those fuckers are EXPENSIVE to run.

Seriously, you are making a very wise choice, weedhopper. Not sure where you live, but in many places you can make the contractor pull a permit, and then the city inspector comes by to make sure they set it up CORRECTLY, if you are worried about gas fumes or leaks.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Omg my wife had a customer come in once with that name, and that is almost verbatim. "The dash ain't silent yo"

sent using Tapatalk
Someone I knew of named their little girl Sexana. No kiddin'
DAMN it! I was hoping you'd go electric, just to "see" your expression when you got that electric bill and hear you say "Damn Mo, you was RIGHT!" Those fuckers are EXPENSIVE to run.

Seriously, you are making a very wise choice, weedhopper. Not sure where you live, but in many places you can make the contractor pull a permit, and then the city inspector comes by to make sure they set it up CORRECTLY, if you are worried about gas fumes or leaks.
Yea, mine's electric. I'm dreading this summer's electric bills too. We've had cloud coverage -- which is RARE in Central Texas so I've been please to have bills under 100 lately.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
lol!!! I didn't even realize my dog farted until a week after I quit smoking. They were silent -- but deadly. At first I thought I unknowingly did it myself! lol.
Love the pull my finger tombstone. That's good stuff there.

Yea, it's unreal. :( Hey, Love your avi!!!! I share my birthday with her. :)

We actually got the VA to pay for that marker, lol.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
SNAKE! Another snake in my yard. This one was HUGE. That thing must have been at least 6 feet long and it was fast so I think it's the same stupid coach whip that jumped up in my face last year. They're periscopic (sp?) like cobras so they can move almost half their bodies up. They're not poisonous, but they bite fast and hard and they're cocky sons a bitches. Found a pic of one.
upload_2016-5-7_16-26-17.png

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
WTF were they thinking? Do they want her to grow up to be a stripper or a hooker?
The mom probably WAS a hooker. Well, guess I'm off here for the night. In a lot of pain the past couple of days. :( Have a bad neck and used to be able to get epidural injections in it, until insurance went to heck. Sure will be nice to be able to retire and get out of that cubicle. Then I can contract out from home and work when I feel like it.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SNAKE! Another snake in my yard. This one was HUGE. That thing must have been at least 6 feet long and it was fast so I think it's the same stupid coach whip that jumped up in my face last year. They're periscopic (sp?) like cobras so they can move almost half their bodies up. They're not poisonous, but they bite fast and hard and they're cocky sons a bitches. Found a pic of one.
View attachment 50168

Holy crap! Do you live in one of the Plains states? Not sure where a snake like THAT lives, but I AM sick and tired of all these motherfuckin snakes on the motherfucking plains...

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The mom probably WAS a hooker. Well, guess I'm off here for the night. In a lot of pain the past couple of days. :( Have a bad neck and used to be able to get epidural injections in it, until insurance went to heck. Sure will be nice to be able to retire and get out of that cubicle. Then I can contract out from home and work when I feel like it.
Get some rest Atcha, sorry to hear about the neck pain.

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Funny you say that. My fave vendor has a whole line of Boba's. Regular, coffee, coconut, lychee, some more. Not a big fan, but I LOVE the actual Boba Tea with the tapioca spheres. Yeah, you see how I didn't say "balls"?
repairbot stands ready... lulling you into a sense of false security... allowing you time to bend over and lean into your truck... :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well, we ended up going with Lowes, with whom the tall 40gal gas water heater PLUS INSTALLATION and a service plan came to only $826! So we were just thrilled about that, and went and bought a few really neat things today, considering how much we saved.

A 48" Samsung flat screen LED TV, which was on sale for $399!

And a mobile phone for me, which we got for a really good price thru Metro PCS.

Pics later, after we get done with dinner, which I'm just about to serve.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, we ended up going with Lowes, with whom the tall 40gal gas water heater PLUS INSTALLATION and a service plan came to only $826! So we were just thrilled about that, and went and bought a few really neat things today, considering how much we saved.

A 48" Samsung flat screen LED TV, which was on sale for $399!

And a mobile phone for me, which we got for a really good price thru Metro PCS.

Pics later, after we get done with dinner, which I'm just about to serve.

Andria

Homerun! When you gonna get your new Achilles???

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors