Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was talking to someone the other day about job security in the future. "Start a mortuary and funeral service company." says I. All them Boomers are gonna start dying off soon..

No. Absolutely not. 12 years ago, as my Tool & Die Cad/Cam company was on life support, I had to find another occupation. I looked at everything, from a bar or stripper bar, to a funeral home (that's the gamut of lively). I had several criteria that must be met. One was that it had to provide some kind of valuable service to humanity, and another was that it must not require skullduggery and ripping people off to succeed.

I did my due dili on Funeral homes. What I discovered still disgusts me to this day. Taking advantage of people at the worst possible time of their life is beyond despicable. What gets done to the corpse of your loved one is unfathomable how we ever started the tradition.

Anyone who claims it can be done honestly and ethically is a lying bastard. My wife and I decided then and there that cremation, with forest burial in a tree seed urn, is our best solution.

I ended up in Environmental cleanup. Pays a fortune, employs the undereducated and tainted backgrounders who need it so bad, and definitely improves the world.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
No. Absolutely not. 12 years ago, as my Tool & Die Cad/Cam company was on life support, I had to find another occupation. I looked at everything, from a bar or stripper bar, to a funeral home (that's the gamut of lively). I had several criteria that must be met. One was that it had to provide some kind of valuable service to humanity, and another was that it must not require skullduggery and ripping people off to succeed.

I did my due dili on Funeral homes. What I discovered still disgusts me to this day. Taking advantage of people at the worst possible time of their life is beyond despicable. What gets done to the corpse of your loved one is unfathomable how we ever started the tradition.

Anyone who claims it can be done honestly and ethically is a lying bastard. My wife and I decided then and there that cremation, with forest burial in a tree seed urn, is our best solution.

I ended up in Environmental cleanup. Pays a fortune, employs the undereducated and tainted backgrounders who need it so bad, and definitely improves the world.

It is one of the most unethical businesses in the US period.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No shit, I named my daughter after Sophia Loren, & I'll never be embarrassed to admit it, either

Wife and I went to Europe (Austria, Italy, France and Switzerland) on our honeymoon. Decided that whatever name we encountered most often, would be what we named our child. Girl or boy. Hands down, the most popular mans name was.. Wolfgang. Most popular girls was Gabrielle. Gabrielle is DARN glad she was born female. Personally, I think Wolfgang is a BADAZZ name...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I insist on sitting on my ass and vaping all day while waiting for the kids to call.

Once the kids left home and it freed up a lot of extra cash, I used to have a tradition where I'd spend the day browsing the internet to buy myself something outrageous. But I already did that yesterday, due to vapocalypse and all, lol.

My mother is a never-do-well so I sent her present early last month when she called hinting about needing a waffle iron. Yes-there is a reason I'm this way folks, lol.

My mom is a perpetual child, which is WHY she's in that wheelchair. 2 broken hips; get up and do the PT? Nope, no how, no way. Diabetes; does she watch her sugar? Nope; no how, no way, so she has legs swollen to about 3 times their normal size. Which of course bothers the arthritis in her knees, so she has a great built-in excuse for WHY she wouldn't get up and do the PT. :facepalm:

I already told my husband that if I ever break a leg or hip, to take the belt to me if necessary to get me out the chair to do the PT so I can get back on my feet. Of course, I surpassed my mom's maturity level when I had my own child and started reading about how to be a GOOD mom -- because I knew I didn't have the first clue, just from watching her.

But hell, whatcha gonna do. She's my only mom, so I love her even if I have zero respect for her. :facepalm:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My mom is a perpetual child, which is WHY she's in that wheelchair. 2 broken hips; get up and do the PT? Nope, no how, no way. Diabetes; does she watch her sugar? Nope; no how, no way, so she has legs swollen to about 3 times their normal size. Which of course bothers the arthritis in her knees, so she has a great built-in excuse for WHY she wouldn't get up and do the PT. :facepalm:

I already told my husband that if I ever break a leg or hip, to take the belt to me if necessary to get me out the chair to do the PT so I can get back on my feet. Of course, I surpassed my mom's maturity level when I had my own child and started reading about how to be a GOOD mom -- because I knew I didn't have the first clue, just from watching her.

But hell, whatcha gonna do. She's my only mom, so I love her even if I have zero respect for her. :facepalm:

Andria

Don't get me started....

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wife and I went to Europe (Austria, Italy, France and Switzerland) on our honeymoon. Decided that whatever name we encountered most often, would be what we named our child. Girl or boy. Hands down, the most popular mans name was.. Wolfgang. Most popular girls was Gabrielle. Gabrielle is DARN glad she was born female. Personally, I think Wolfgang is a BADAZZ name...
Meh. Trendy names tend to annoy the fucking shit outta me. You can never go wrong with the classics. And all these motherfuckers that have to fuck up the spelling of the classics should be slapped upside the head with a fucking brick

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Omg my wife had a customer come in once with that name, and that is almost verbatim. "The dash ain't silent yo"

sent using Tapatalk

Had a great employee once, named LaRon. I used to mess with him all the time. "Your Mom is French?" "Is that French for The Ron?"

Really, it is a cultural thing that when ridiculed can border on racism if meant seriously. But to be fair, having fun with peoples names, ALL peoples names, is a time honored tradition that is common to all cultures and races, internally and externally. :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Meh. Trendy names tend to annoy the fucking shit outta me. You can never go wrong with the classics. And all these motherfuckers that have to fuck up the spelling of the classics should be slapped upside the head with a fucking brick

Agreed. Save the creative names for your pets.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And anyone that names there kid after a fucking car should get worse!!!

I gave my second daughter her middle name for one of my favorite wines. We went classic on the first, but thought it would be really unique. Turned out when she went to school, there were MILLIONS of girls in her grade with the same name. Never would have dreamed. Olivia Margaux. How cool is it to have an X in your name?!?

Oh, and her besties LOVE Margaux. They all call her that, but pronounce the X. Hahaha...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Had a great employee once, named LaRon. I used to mess with him all the time. "Your Mom is French?" "Is that French for The Ron?"

Really, it is a cultural thing that when ridiculed can border on racism if meant seriously. But to be fair, having fun with peoples names, ALL peoples names, is a time honored tradition that is common to all cultures and races, internally and externally. :)

It is. It's just easier to have a traditional American name that is spelled in a traditional manner.

My grandmas were named Tyyne and Leoda -

Only me and one out of 33 cousins got stuck being name sakes :wait:

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I gave my second daughter her middle name for one of my favorite wines. We went classic on the first, but thought it would be really unique. Turned out when she went to school, there were MILLIONS of girls in her grade with the same name. Never would have dreamed. Olivia Margaux. How cool is it to have an X in your name?!?

Oh, and her besties LOVE Margaux. They all call her that, but pronounce the X. Hahaha...
Not one damn thing wrong with that. It's actually quite a beautiful name

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is. It's just easier to have a traditional American name that is spelled in a traditional manner.

My grandmas were named Tyyne and Leoda -

Only me and one out of 33 cousins got stuck being name sakes :wait:

"Traditional American" kinda depends on where you are from. My wife's family hails from a small town in Tennessee. Her Mom and Dad's names were Domer and Olene. SO glad she didn't want to honor them THAT way...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
"Traditional American" kinda depends on where you are from. My wife's family hails from a small town in Tennessee. Her Mom and Dad's names were Domer and Olene. SO glad she didn't want to honor them THAT way...

True, but there are way more people named Susan or Robert than Madel and Dewey

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whiskey-Fred
freaking-out-smiley-emoticon_zps7mqk6j2r.png

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BWAHAHAHA my dog just farted! :giggle::giggle::giggle:
lol!!! I didn't even realize my dog farted until a week after I quit smoking. They were silent -- but deadly. At first I thought I unknowingly did it myself! lol.
Love the pull my finger tombstone. That's good stuff there.
Yep, they are quashing the golden age of vaping - but a lot of us have been stockpiling for a number of years.
Yea, it's unreal. :( Hey, Love your avi!!!! I share my birthday with her. :)

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I am a Benjamin. In Arabic it means son of the wilds, wastelands. No, not Arabic here, merely aware of what it means. It does seem apt for me. I jokingly say my mother took me out to the woods, let me loose, "this is life, go learn to live." In some ways metaphorically and literally that has been life for me.

Often called Beano though. Due to Bethane. :) Fear if I do grow beans for a source of income, I'll be broke. Will eat all the profits and fart them away. Cremation and buried to grow a tree huh? Well, my youngest brother gets seven ounces of me. He plans to smoke an ounce, or so he once said. Another ounce goes somewhere to be 'on the book'. Not sure what other plans he has. Wife gets an ounce for a locket or what not. Growing a tree?

Make it Weeping Willow, you can send me on.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got a Yorkie/Shih Tzu mix that I wanted to name Shorknado. My wife said no. She also ruled out Shihtzu Head. So not even creative pet names are allowed in my house.
Shorknado???? OMG I LOVE IT!!!! I have that sharknado app on my phone and love "sharking" people --- and pets.
This is my nephew coming out of my storm shelter.
upload_2016-5-7_14-18-0.png

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am a Benjamin. In Arabic it means son of the wilds, wastelands. No, not Arabic here, merely aware of what it means. It does seem apt for me. I jokingly say my mother took me out to the woods, let me loose, "this is life, go learn to live." In some ways metaphorically and literally that has been life for me.

Often called Beano though. Due to Bethane. :) Fear if I do grow beans for a source of income, I'll be broke. Will eat all the profits and fart them away. Cremation and buried to grow a tree huh? Well, my youngest brother gets seven ounces of me. He plans to smoke an ounce, or so he once said. Another ounce goes somewhere to be 'on the book'. Not sure what other plans he has. Wife gets an ounce for a locket or what not. Growing a tree?

Make it Weeping Willow, you can send me on.
I don't fart. :xD::tldr::finger::zombie:

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Just stopping in to say GFY :finger:. About to take Paul and his wife to pick up their car. They had some service done today and stayed at our house last night. Swam in the pool for a little bit and had beef fajitas for lunch.

We always have so much fun when they are here. :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, we have taken under advisement all that y'all said about gas water heaters vs. electric, and decided to save the extra money and just get a new gas water heater. Which means we'll have a little $$$ for some other new stuff -- maybe a new flat screen TV for the living room, a mobile phone for me, and that Achilles 2 RDA I want. :)

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors