Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Chili was invented for one thing. Grilled Che:Dse!

Sugah you can eats all the grilled cheese you want with chilli. I will be getting my beans growing to supply all the huge chilli pots at cook offs. Chilli be a good dish, near universal. This is why I want to grow ma beans, know they'll help bring the money stuff in fer my witch. So I kin avoid being newted. :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like Anguish to me, mixture of the three with English being native, it also has Midwest, West, East, North, South dialects. Usually what most seem to mean any more when they quip, "I speak 'merican".
That's exactly right. Sad, but true. I never took Spanish in school, but I speak better Spanish than I do French. Even though I had 3 years of French and have several cousins in France.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Goats eating through fences??? What kind of fences are you folks using? Granted, I only had 2 goats. Elliot was so damn big though people thought he was a llama!

One of my friends is a breeder though, and also doesn't have any fence eating issues. We first got goats in 93.

I also had a blind horse. She loved the goats. She watched over Mandy when she was a baby. Mandy lived in old Grandma horse's stall with her the first couple months.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Goats eating through fences??? What kind of fences are you folks using? Granted, I only had 2 goats. Elliot was so damn big though people thought he was a llama!

One of my friends is a breeder though, and also doesn't have any fence eating issues. We first got goats in 93.

I also had a blind horse. She loved the goats. She watched over Mandy when she was a baby. Mandy lived in old Grandma horse's stall with her the first couple months.
Roxy, you seem to have a lot of critters!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Roxy, you seem to have a lot of critters!

Not compared to when I was young and healthy :)

There was a time when I had 10 horses, 2 goats, 2 pigs, 4 dogs, 2 birds, a million barn cats.

Now I'm down to 1 horse, 1 dog, 4 birds. I think there's 4 barn cats. And 2 raccoons. Porch raccoon touched my foot yesterday though. That was a little too friendly.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So huck, since we live in the same city,
Have you had the same experience with the vape shops around here? Managers not really knowing what they're doing, doing builds for customers with normal ka1 wire and managing to mess it up?
I never had coils built at a shop, but I believe it, yep. There was once hole in the wall joint I used to go to that had a pretty decent staff. The owner was a bit of a priss, but the staff was helpful. I started mixing my own juice, making my own simple coils, then landed in a forum. I forgot there's life out there :crazy:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I never had coils built at a shop, but I believe it, yep. There was once hole in the wall joint I used to go to that had a pretty decent staff. The owner was a bit of a priss, but the staff was helpful. I started mixing my own juice, making my own simple coils, then landed in a forum. I forgot there's life out there :crazy:
I still get out to the shops occasionally to do builds for people with our wire, but as for them building for me, or for a customer using our wire...definitely not. Derb-e-cigs has some great juice though.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh my god, toes cramping is the worst....by far, for me anyway....damn that shit hurts like hell....!

Like I said though, since taking the Cal, Mag, Zi, all in one small supplement....no problems since.

The one this morning was a lot milder than what I've suffered every other morning this week; I woke up before it got really bad, so I was able to get up and make it stop. But yesterday, OMG, massive charley-horse in my lower calf, and my foot got stuck in the sheet trying to get it out, I was screaming bloody murder! Once I was up and put weight on it, it eased... but then the OTHER leg, that stupid fucking cramp right on the inside of my knee, I can't figure out what fucking muscle that is, but it hurts like a motherfucker! And if I bend my knee to try to ease it, it goes on up the inside of my thigh, and that's a huge fucking muscle to cramp! So I've been taking ibuprofen all week, my legs feel like they've been beat repeatedly by a baseball bat! I'm so sick of this shit, I could just... shit! It's MADDENING!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been able to sleep past 9:30 any day this week, ME, the queen of sleeping till noon! :xD::gaah::cuss2::headbang::cuss2::xD:

Andria

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I still get out to the shops occasionally to do builds for people with our wire, but as for them building for me, or for a customer using our wire...definitely not. Derb-e-cigs has some great juice though.

Last couple of times I ran into the B&M I usually go to, which I like the Manager, but he is not as smart as he thinks.. And I end up as a temporary employee so people are SAFE!!

Edit* I deff. know what you mean about a "life out there", Online Forums is where you NEED to be when learning this stuff, especially taking it to the next step with more advanced equipment/devices,etc.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The one this morning was a lot milder than what I've suffered every other morning this week; I woke up before it got really bad, so I was able to get up and make it stop. But yesterday, OMG, massive charley-horse in my lower calf, and my foot got stuck in the sheet trying to get it out, I was screaming bloody murder! Once I was up and put weight on it, it eased... but then the OTHER leg, that stupid fucking cramp right on the inside of my knee, I can't figure out what fucking muscle that is, but it hurts like a motherfucker! And if I bend my knee to try to ease it, it goes on up the inside of my thigh, and that's a huge fucking muscle to cramp! So I've been taking ibuprofen all week, my legs feel like they've been beat repeatedly by a baseball bat! I'm so sick of this shit, I could just... shit! It's MADDENING!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been able to sleep past 9:30 any day this week, ME, the queen of sleeping till noon! :xD::gaah::cuss2::headbang::cuss2::xD:

Andria

I wonder if you have some kind of vitamin or mineral deficiency. You may need bloodwork, dear. I get some weird symptoms because of mine. I was calcium deficient a few months ago. Now I'm waiting on B12 and anemia results.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's exactly right. Sad, but true. I never took Spanish in school, but I speak better Spanish than I do French. Even though I had 3 years of French and have several cousins in France.

Tried Spanish in school. Could not get it at all. Yo hablo Espanol muy poco bein. What taught me was going to work with a full crew of Hispanic folks. Portugese is different from Mexican, Mexican different from Cuban, all different from proper Espanol / Spanish yet they're all considered Spanish. I speak even less French, likely sink myself if I tried butchering it. Speak a little 'simple' Russian, a mild bit of Mandarin Chinese, some K'hmer (Cambodian). Native tongue is English / Anguish. It though is becoming pidgeoned with a mish mash of a little of everything, more so I think than was originally intended by keeping it a living language. Not saying that's bad or good, just observing.

When I doubt I revert to universal hand gestures. Fist down over an open palm, "Show me to work". Hands cup supplicant style like around a bowl, "Show me to eat". Hands together flat, head tilted onto them to one side, "Show me to sleep". Hands wrung together in front of yourself, "Show me to wash". Point to someone, use the 'hammer/work' gesture, then point to your eyes, then to yourself and do the 'hammer' again. "You do the work, I'll watch and learn, then do it." This is enough usually to survive. There's a few more but this is enough here.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
Can't like that, but I really hope the supplements help you.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if you have some kind of vitamin or mineral deficiency. You may need bloodwork, dear. I get some weird symptoms because of mine. I was calcium deficient a few months ago. Now I'm waiting on B12 and anemia results.

Had bloodwork back in the fall, when I had that sinus infection. Nothing abnormal showed up, though I infer from the borderline status on a couple of the more esoteric tests that I do seem to be slowly moving towards "metabolic syndrome" -- pre-pre-diabetes, in other words. Which tells me I need more fiber, more exercise, and perhaps a bit less processed sugar, along with a careful eye on my weight.

I've suffered these cramps for more than 20 yrs. I'm pretty sure it's from my asthma medicine, which apparently causes me to either run thru or excrete high levels of potassium, and peri-menopause/menopause has worsened it, with all the sweating -- increasing dietary potassium has mostly fixed it, but lately, not as much -- which is what makes me consider calcium, given the extreme density of my bones, and my age and post-menopausal status. I may not ever suffer extreme osteoporosis, because of that high density, but possibly heart problems, if I don't have enough serum calcium.

It's not something I can deal with, medically; for one, I have no medical insurance. For two, even if I did, doctors are far more prone to reach for the prescription pad than do any in-depth analysis of whatever presents and what may be causing the presenting symptom, and because of that, I actually thank GOD for the lack of insurance; it's protecting me from indiscriminate prescribing, which seems to afflict about 90% of those over 50 -- my parents could start their own pharmacy, with all the pills they take.

Everyone's got to die of something, and nowadays, most people seem most in danger of death from doctors' prescription pads, courtesy of those lovely (NOT!) folks at BP. I'll take my chances with self-diagnosis and holistic self-treatment, and perhaps be lucky enough to one day die in my own bed, or at least in my own home. The only truck I have with doctors is my twice-yearly asthma checkups, so I can get my refills, and if there is a life-threatening emergency, such as that appendicitis incident. And I'm quite certain I'm much better off, staying as far as humanly possible from the medical profession.

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Had bloodwork back in the fall, when I had that sinus infection. Nothing abnormal showed up, though I infer from the borderline status on a couple of the more esoteric tests that I do seem to be slowly moving towards "metabolic syndrome" -- pre-pre-diabetes, in other words. Which tells me I need more fiber, more exercise, and perhaps a bit less processed sugar, along with a careful eye on my weight.

I've suffered these cramps for more than 20 yrs. I'm pretty sure it's from my asthma medicine, which apparently causes me to either run thru or excrete high levels of potassium, and peri-menopause/menopause has worsened it, with all the sweating -- increasing dietary potassium has mostly fixed it, but lately, not as much -- which is what makes me consider calcium, given the extreme density of my bones, and my age and post-menopausal status. I may not ever suffer extreme osteoporosis, because of that high density, but possibly heart problems, if I don't have enough serum calcium.

It's not something I can deal with, medically; for one, I have no medical insurance. For two, even if I did, doctors are far more prone to reach for the prescription pad than do any in-depth analysis of whatever presents and what may be causing the presenting symptom, and because of that, I actually thank GOD for the lack of insurance; it's protecting me from indiscriminate prescribing, which seems to afflict about 90% of those over 50 -- my parents could start their own pharmacy, with all the pills they take.

Everyone's got to die of something, and nowadays, most people seem most in danger of death from doctors' prescription pads, courtesy of those lovely (NOT!) folks at BP. I'll take my chances with self-diagnosis and holistic self-treatment, and perhaps be lucky enough to one day die in my own bed, or at least in my own home. The only truck I have with doctors is my twice-yearly asthma checkups, so I can get my refills, and if there is a life-threatening emergency, such as that appendicitis incident. And I'm quite certain I'm much better off, staying as far as humanly possible from the medical profession.

Andria
Do you take supplemental potassium?

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, but it's not enough. I need MORE food!!!!!
Sorry, going now............need meat and potatoes, and gravy, and corn, and.....and......stouffer's lasagna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's crazy how one's appetite becomes overwhelming after being ill for several days. MUST EAT.

Glad to hear you are on the mend, Atchafalalala. :) Mmm.. Lasagna! I think that is to recovery, what chicken soup is to being sick! Protein, carbs, heck yeah!

Andria

Lawd, Andria! Sounds PAINFUL. I think Brother Inspects maybe was onto something there for ya. Sounds like you have to try SOMEthing. I hope you get back to your Crack O Noon schedule soon!

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMG, I may be beyond re-training by the time the Queen and Princesses return. Totally off the chain. Left a full beer on the picnic table, so I shot it from the kitchen window. The amps are turned to 11 with the Chili Peppers on the platenheimerstein (but the windows ARE closed on the fainting goats side), wine glasses right on the piano, (TWO of them too, same producer, one a merlot and the other a cab sauv, both are 20 years old, so it IS legal.), leaving the seat up... and the atrocities are only beginning.

If I'm going to cover the evidence of shenanigans, I'm out a garbage can already. Wait, I'm the one who takes it out. She'll never even SEE that bullet hole..

Rings.jpg

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Moooo -

you ever get that mechanic out of your yard???

Oh, dear God Lucy! I had something WAAAAY worse than a mechanic in my yard. I had TWO mechanics in my yard. BOTH working on the same job. Where is Spanky's marvel comic hero "WUT?!?" Yep. I DO believe that somebody owes ME a PhD in psychology today!? Yeah? Assuming you know any, you KNOW I was thinking it would might be just easier to kick em BOTH out and pick up the ratchets myself...

20160525_123239.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Oh, dear God Lucy! I had something WAAAAY worse than a mechanic in my yard. I had TWO mechanics in my yard. BOTH working on the same job. Where is Spanky's marvel comic hero "WUT?!?" Yep. I DO believe that somebody owes ME a PhD in psychology today!? Yeah? Assuming you know any, you KNOW I was thinking it would might be just easier to kick em BOTH out and pick up the ratchets myself...

View attachment 52348

Wow - a full day indeed.

Guys without babysitters are so funny to watch

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I just wrote my own Get Out of Jail Free Card tho. The Mrs. is sleeping, so I texted her a good morning message. Stole a lil from Landon Pigg

"I never knew, just what it was, about this old rambly house I love so much.
I never knew just, what it was, now I do... It is you."

Yup, I REALLY did. And I meant it too, so pffffffffftttttttt......

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The last time I left my Mr alone for any length of time he thought he could hide all the evidence by buying a Roomba and dumping a gallon of bleach down the sink

The roomba died when it found a week's worth of dirty socks wadded up on the living room floor and we never could get that stain out of the sink

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OMG, I may be beyond re-training by the time the Queen and Princesses return. Totally off the chain. Left a full beer on the picnic table, so I shot it from the kitchen window. The amps are turned to 11 with the Chili Peppers on the platenheimerstein (but the windows ARE closed on the fainting goats side), wine glasses right on the piano, (TWO of them too, same producer, one a merlot and the other a cab sauv, both are 20 years old, so it IS legal.), leaving the seat up... and the atrocities are only beginning.

If I'm going to cover the evidence of shenanigans, I'm out a garbage can already. Wait, I'm the one who takes it out. She'll never even SEE that bullet hole..

Garbage cans do need drain holes :) and are a perfect height for targets to sit on.

Only time I really ever heard much about shenanigans was when the ex came over once and seen these trays on the counter and asked what they was. Told her where else would ya dry home made gun powder but under a kitchen ceiling fan :D

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Garbage cans do need drain holes :) and are a perfect height for targets to sit on.

Only time I really ever heard much about shenanigans was when the ex came over once and seen these trays on the counter and asked what they was. Told her where else would ya dry home made gun powder but under a kitchen ceiling fan :D

Well, I wouldn't be much of a shot, if I set a target on it (which I did) and put a DRAIN hole in it! I'm going to call it a "fresh air vent"

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Gunpowder!! My poor, burgeoning list!

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Better hide the credit card statements too while you're at it

Never even seen hers, and I don't think she has looked at mine either. We both have budgets, and I know she lives with hers. She knows except for the occasional splurge, which I am open about and she has never complained, I'm tighter than a flea's ass over a rain barrel. I want to RETIRE someday, and she has similar goals. I think that means I have some domestic duties coming...

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mo, are you thinking about heading to the burb-fest in ohleans....I'm seriously considering it....damn I miss the food.

DAMN, that would be awesome! I am WAY more than considering it, I will be booking my rooms and flights this week. I am NOT sure I could survive another Mardi Gras at my advancing age, and this sounds like Mardi Gras Lite, which would be PERFECTO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors