Not open for further replies.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've had a hard enough time coping with the changes in everyday life in my short time on earth, can't imagine having to adapt to whatever lays ahead in 70 or 80 years.

If I didn't have teenagers I'd of never mastered something as simple as email.

I still can't hardly answer my stupid smart phone and carry a flip phone for actual phone calls :teehee:

Hey, there is a:bunny: and my beloved love banana is back!!!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I found it offensive -- I used to ride in that spot on my husband's motorcycle, and the only time he calls me bitch, there's serious fighting going on! And if anyone else ever called me that... there would BE some serious fighting going on!

It should be called the "honey seat" -- for the biker's honey. Because fat stupid drunk assholes who call it a "bitch seat" aren't going to be getting any honey, that's for damn sure!

Andria

I remember that conversation. But one thing you should take into consideration Andria, just because you dont like it doesnt mean everyone doesnt like it. Too often people take things way out of proportions and find reasons to get offended when none was intended. I didnt coin the term "bitch pad", it was a well known term well before I was born. Years and years ago I was in the French Quarter with the ex and she seen these two shirts she wanted for us. On said "if you can read this the bitch fell off" and the other one had a tire track across it and said "Im the bitch who fell off". She found great humor in these shirts and they are probably still around the house somewhere. You dont like it and that is your right while others see it for what it was meant and that is their right.

As far as racism goes, I always believed we all bleed red and thats the only color that matters. I have no idea what color the majority of people on a forum are and I really dont care. If anyone wants to be friendly with me and joke and have a good time then that is all that matters.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The UPS stork arrived today. Twins. They're gorgeous. When I removed the wood grips, they still had the manufacturers dollop of Lithium on all the pivot points. 25 years old, and haven't yet been to the dance.
2ujs7ja.jpg

v3m82o.jpg

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
GM and GFY all!! I've been up, but trying to catch up on things. Getting ready to get the critters taken care of, a few other chores and heading out until tomorrow sometime. That horrendous rain finally quit. James, I hope your pool didn't overflow into your house! James, kad, whiskey, Morely and anyone who may be up, a fine good morning!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you believe in evolution we are all African. That is where human life began, and to this day the greatest amount of diversity in human DNA is found there. The early modern humans who wandered out of Africa populated the rest of Earth. So a person in China may be more closely related to a European or Native American than any two randomly chosen people in Africa.

People evolved due to climate. Those in Northern climates needed to develop lighter, thinner skin for vitamin D absorption, particularly women. Additionally, generally women in a population will have lighter skin than the men to absorb additional vitamin D due to child bearing, including in Africa. We need vitamin D to process calcium.

Yes, I think these things are interesting :)
Well... Some of us are not human. Thankfully.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The UPS stork arrived today. Twins. They're gorgeous. When I removed the wood grips, they still had the manufacturers dollop of Lithium on all the pivot points. 25 years old, and haven't yet been to the dance.
2ujs7ja.jpg

v3m82o.jpg

Score! Frame mounted barrel makes them inherently accurate. Nice grips. What's the signature on top of the slide?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've had a hard enough time coping with the changes in everyday life in my short time on earth, can't imagine having to adapt to whatever lays ahead in 70 or 80 years.

If I didn't have teenagers I'd of never mastered something as simple as email.

I still can't hardly answer my stupid smart phone and carry a flip phone for actual phone calls :teehee:

Hey, there is a:bunny: and my beloved love banana is back!!!

I had a hard time answering my new phone too, Lucy... I looked in the Accessibility settings, and there's a switch for "one tap" answer and end call -- that's much easier for me than this swiping shit. There's another one for using the "home" button to answer, but I found the "one tap" worked like a charm.

Oh and g'mornin' peeps... woke up much too early again, but thankfully not from leg cramps -- 'twas a combination of full bladder, sore shoulder, stuffed sinus, and excitement over my impending Achilles 2 delivery. :D But I'll probably grab a nap this afternoon, after just 3.5 hrs sleep!

Oh, and I gotta hit the vape shop today; broke yet another acrylic drip tip last night; a dire combination of banging my kneecap on the edge of the desk, jerking the plugged in phone cable when I did, and knocking my mod off the desk. At least I didn't break the mod! But figures it would be the red one I broke, with that new red mod on the way! :facepalm: Maybe I should get 2 or 3 red driptips this time, instead of just one -- this is the 2nd red one I've broken, and about the 5th acrylic Ming to get broken. :facepalm:

GFYs, one and all, and especially sharp corners on desks that reach out and torture my kneecaps!

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I remember that conversation. But one thing you should take into consideration Andria, just because you dont like it doesnt mean everyone doesnt like it. Too often people take things way out of proportions and find reasons to get offended when none was intended. I didnt coin the term "bitch pad", it was a well known term well before I was born. Years and years ago I was in the French Quarter with the ex and she seen these two shirts she wanted for us. On said "if you can read this the bitch fell off" and the other one had a tire track across it and said "Im the bitch who fell off". She found great humor in these shirts and they are probably still around the house somewhere. You dont like it and that is your right while others see it for what it was meant and that is their right.

Another reason I didn't say anything to the person who said it; I really don't want to join the Perpetually Offended. :D Ignorance offends me in most of its forms, but hey.. it's everywhere. :D Contrary to the beliefs of the Perpetually Offended, the Constitution does not guarantee the right not to be offended. ;) I really think there ought to be another amendment to the Bill of Rights -- "Consider the Source." :D

As far as racism goes, I always believed we all bleed red and thats the only color that matters. I have no idea what color the majority of people on a forum are and I really dont care. If anyone wants to be friendly with me and joke and have a good time then that is all that matters.

Ditto and likewise -- I'm sometimes not even aware of the person's gender, unless their avatar or username makes it obvious.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Another reason I didn't say anything to the person who said it; I really don't want to join the Perpetually Offended. :D Ignorance offends me in most of its forms, but hey.. it's everywhere. :D Contrary to the beliefs of the Perpetually Offended, the Constitution does not guarantee the right not to be offended. ;) I really think there ought to be another amendment to the Bill of Rights -- "Consider the Source." :D

Andria

My mom, ever the great teacher taught me all about the first amendment once. We had to go into the county courthouse one day. We had not been aware that the triple K had decided to rally there that particular day. A guy donned in a full white robe and cowl approached her spewing hate and a handful of literature. She turned, took my hand. "C'mon we're going on in." She nudged her way politely enough past this guy.

"Wait, I'm talking to you about the Klan and its benefits. Don't you want your boys looked out for? I got a right to talk about this to you", he stammered out.

"Sure you do. I got a right to not listen to you, too. Have a good one. Got business in the courthouse", she said and we walked on.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning and GFY's Doc, Kad, Andria, Morley, James, Birdie, Bob, Steve, Roxy, Boden, Alby, Paul, Whiskey! Wow, this place is jumping this morning. Ah, memorial weekend Crack O Noon wake up! Sweet. Now I can party to the wee hours. Again.

Score! Frame mounted barrel makes them inherently accurate. Nice grips. What's the signature on top of the slide?
That's Helmut Weldle's signature, the designer of the P7. That model is their P7 "Jubilee", a special 25th anniversary commemorative piece. 500 made. I've been looking for a good P7 for years. Fate just happened to put an unfired, sequentially numbered pair of the uber rare Jubilee's on auction at the same time that it provided liquid lubrication of my inhibitions to go for it.

The guns have an interesting story. They were part of a much bigger collection. The husband assaulted the wife. He got arrested, and she made a stink about all the guns in the house. This was in California no less. So the law confiscated the whole collection. A bitter divorce ensued. The wife thought the guns were just plain gone, but the husband knew he had up to 5 years to go claim them back. She caught wind of it come time to recover them, and filed suit to get half the value. ANOTHER big lawsuit between them, to determine value. Judge finally decided that they all just needed to go to auction to find true value. The auction place has a weird rule. They have a "Buy it now" feature. The bids when I found them, were already within $200 of a VERY modest buy it now price based on NON Jubilee unfired P7M8's. I HAD to ring that bell.

The only downside, is the Dept. of Justice tossed out EVERYTHING but the guns themselves with a mag. Wood presentation cases, manuals, tools, spare mag, all gone. Which is why the Buy it Now price was so reasonable. I'm currently pursuing communications with HK to see if I can get the rest of the stuff put back together again. Boxes, tools, etc.

These are really hard to find. A sequentially numbered, unfired pair? The Ultimate Unicorn of HK fans.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and GFY's Doc, Kad, Andria, Morley, James, Birdie, Bob, Steve, Roxy, Boden, Alby, Paul, Whiskey! Wow, this place is jumping this morning. Ah, memorial weekend Crack O Noon wake up! Sweet. Now I can party to the wee hours. Again.

That's Helmut Weldle's signature, the designer of the P7. That model is their P7 "Jubilee", a special 25th anniversary commemorative piece. 500 made. I've been looking for a good P7 for years. Fate just happened to put an unfired, sequentially numbered pair on auction at the same time that it provided liquid lubrication of my inhibitions to go for it.

The guns have an interesting story. They were part of a much bigger collection. The husband assaulted the wife. He got arrested, and she made a stink about all the guns in the house. This was in California no less. So the law confiscated the whole collection. A bitter divorce ensued. The wife thought the guns were just plain gone, but the husband knew he had up to 5 years to go claim them back. She caught wind of it come time to recover them, and filed suit to get half the value. ANOTHER big lawsuit between them, to determine value. Judge finally decided that they all just needed to go to auction to find true value. The auction place has a weird rule. They have a "Buy it now" feature. The bids when I found them, were already within $200 of a VERY modest buy it now price based on NON Jubilee unfired P7M8's. I HAD to ring that bell.

The only downside, is the Dept. of Justice tossed out EVERYTHING but the guns themselves with a mag. Wood presentation cases, manuals, tools, spare mag, all gone. Which is why the Buy it Now price was so reasonable. I'm currently pursuing communications with HK to see if I can get the rest of the stuff put back together again. Boxes, tools, etc.

These are really hard to find. A sequentially numbered, unfired pair? The Ultimate Unicorn of HK fans.

Morning Moo

Don't shoot your eye out!

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

That's Helmut Weldle's signature, the designer of the P7. That model is their P7 "Jubilee", a special 25th anniversary commemorative piece. 500 made. I've been looking for a good P7 for years. Fate just happened to put an unfired, sequentially numbered pair of the uber rare Jubilee's on auction at the same time that it provided liquid lubrication of my inhibitions to go for it.

Nice find. :)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shoot - someone's gotta be on alert around here!

You recover from `batching it yet?

Recover? I still have 4 more days of it.

I have a Guardian Iguana. He telephones me regularly to make sure I am pacing myself. He is like the Martha Stuart of Extreme Partying. You have to have your checklists, and a reasonable, doable itinerary to make sure you don't hurt yourself and actually get in the maximum amount of shenanignas possible, whilst both deriving the maximum benefit from them, AND retaining the ability to remember them. Like manna from HEAVEN, it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors