ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cow tipping? hehe. I recall once we tipped them and hog tied their legs up in the air. My PawPaw was really ahem intrigued as how to cows could do such to themselves. All four of us boys could do to keep straight faces and deny any knowledge of it.
GEEZ you people are just too freaking GREAT! Unfortunately, the fact is, I've been bad and upset someone else too. So, I don't want to chase anyone off here because of my weird ass ways. I'll take a break and come back later.
LOVE you guys!!!!!
And thanks for all the "love". It means a lot.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
GEEZ you people are just too freaking GREAT! Unfortunately, the fact is, I've been bad and upset someone else too. So, I don't want to chase anyone off here because of my weird ass ways. I'll take a break and come back later.
LOVE you guys!!!!!
Atcha!:hug: Sent you a PM a few minutes ago. Don't run off darlin.<3

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Uh, yeah, Boreas would knock you on your butt! However, you could cut your nic in half, and I bet vape less.
I'll take that bet.

I will make some 9mg/mL on tuesday and load up a tank. If I vape less than 3mL all day you win. (3mL is my average per day consumption)

Tuesday because it's my next "normal" day.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning and GFY's Doc, Kad, Andria, Morley, James, Birdie, Bob, Steve, Roxy, Boden, Alby, Paul, Whiskey! Wow, this place is jumping this morning. Ah, memorial weekend Crack O Noon wake up! Sweet. Now I can party to the wee hours. Again.

That's Helmut Weldle's signature, the designer of the P7. That model is their P7 "Jubilee", a special 25th anniversary commemorative piece. 500 made. I've been looking for a good P7 for years. Fate just happened to put an unfired, sequentially numbered pair of the uber rare Jubilee's on auction at the same time that it provided liquid lubrication of my inhibitions to go for it.

The guns have an interesting story. They were part of a much bigger collection. The husband assaulted the wife. He got arrested, and she made a stink about all the guns in the house. This was in California no less. So the law confiscated the whole collection. A bitter divorce ensued. The wife thought the guns were just plain gone, but the husband knew he had up to 5 years to go claim them back. She caught wind of it come time to recover them, and filed suit to get half the value. ANOTHER big lawsuit between them, to determine value. Judge finally decided that they all just needed to go to auction to find true value. The auction place has a weird rule. They have a "Buy it now" feature. The bids when I found them, were already within $200 of a VERY modest buy it now price based on NON Jubilee unfired P7M8's. I HAD to ring that bell.

The only downside, is the Dept. of Justice tossed out EVERYTHING but the guns themselves with a mag. Wood presentation cases, manuals, tools, spare mag, all gone. Which is why the Buy it Now price was so reasonable. I'm currently pursuing communications with HK to see if I can get the rest of the stuff put back together again. Boxes, tools, etc.

These are really hard to find. A sequentially numbered, unfired pair? The Ultimate Unicorn of HK fans.

"Color me Green" with envy would be an understatement of epic proportion...well done! The provenance just adds to the appeal. The other stuff would have been some tasty icing on that cake...

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'll take that bet.

I will make some 9mg/mL on tuesday and load up a tank. If I vape less than 3mL all day you win. (3mL is my average per day consumption)

Tuesday because it's my next "normal" day.

Let me know. I go long periods of time without vaping now. When I was a tootle puffer I vaped constantly.

But, first you need a Boreas to take me up on it. And must build it accordingly. He likes big, fused Claptons and Alien coils. Cutting your nic, but using the same tanks you've been using should double your juice consumption!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I got my replacement driptips (got 2, so the next time I break one, I'll have a spare!). Got the new Achilles built. :) Pretty standard build for me; 9 wraps, 2.1Ω.

justbuilt.jpg

onCoolfire4.jpg

Anyway, yeah, the larger airhole under the coil does make the draw a little more airy than the original; it's not like a carto anymore... but it's not a huge difference, you see I have the new airflow adjustment ring pretty tightened off, so it's probably pretty similar to when I used a Kayfun with the air about half open. And of course, the flavor: just as good as my original Achilles clones. :)

Can't say I'm all that crazy about that new airflow adjustment thing, though; it's a bitch to adjust, unless you take the atty completely off the mod, adjust it, then put it back on -- which is no different from adjusting it underneath with a hex key, still gotta take it off to do the adjustment.

That design around the edge of the top cap is not just a new and improved look, it also helps you grab it when you take it off, so that's an improvement for sure.

Anyway, I'm glad at least that I was able to get one before they were all gone, and that we had the money to make it possible. :) And that it shipped so fast, too! :)

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm vaping 3mg right now regardless of the device. It's the flavor I had to cut in half for the Boreas and the Alleria

It's over the top flavor-wise
With the devices/ builds I use, and the way I wick rtas, anything over 3 gives me a nic headache within a couple vapes. Can't handle any more than 3, ever...ugh...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With the devices/ builds I use, and the way I wick rtas, anything over 3 gives me a nic headache within a couple vapes. Can't handle any more than 3, ever...ugh...

If I used one of those radical builds or attys, I'd be in a world of hurt. I vape 4mg with a 2.1Ω coil, at 9 or 10 watts. :D

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If I used one of those radical builds or attys, I'd be in a world of hurt. I vape 4mg with a 2.1Ω coil, at 9 or 10 watts. :D

Andria
Yeah I'm high performance ss builds, obviously... a couple of my favorite builds can give me a nic headache off 3mg within two vapes. They're fog machines. But I'm a flavor chaser really so I don't use those particular builds that often. But I get better flavor off the subohm stuff than the low wattage high ohm style builds. Just my personal experience though.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me know. I go long periods of time without vaping now. When I was a tootle puffer I vaped constantly.

But, first you need a Boreas to take me up on it. And must build it accordingly. He likes big, fused Claptons and Alien coils. Cutting your nic, but using the same tanks you've been using should double your juice consumption!

All joking aside there are a few problems.
I dislike dual coil tanks.
I don't like direct lung hits, I can do it but it's not as satisfying as MTL.
I can't use more than 40% VG or it effects my breathing while out on my morning 10 mile run.(33% is my sweet spot).
I really don't like high mass coils.

Also I vape basically unflavored because I like the pepper bite of nicotine. I'm sure that the Boreas is a great tank for people who like that style of Vaping. Is just not for me.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
All joking aside there are a few problems.
I dislike dual coil tanks.
I don't like direct lung hits, I can do it but it's not as satisfying as MTL.
I can't use more than 40% VG or it effects my breathing while out on my morning 10 mile run.(33% is my sweet spot).
I really don't like high mass coils.

Also I vape basically unflavored because I like the pepper bite of nicotine. I'm sure that the Boreas is a great tank for people who like that style of Vaping. Is just not for me.

Except for the VG part, I was the same as you but bought a Boreas to show a support for Roxy.

Now I can't live without it and have purchased five in total - so far.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What kind of coils are you using and at what pg/vg ratio?

Two 2 ohm 26awg Kanthal . It worked perfectly fine with one coil, but I've never heard of someone vaping at such high ohms with a dual so I thought I'd do it for my own amusement. Works like a champ. 50/50 on the juice, but I tested it with pure PG before loading it with juice to make sure it didn't leak.

I really love that atty, even though it flies in the face of my typical vaping style.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Two 2 ohm 26awg Kanthal . It worked perfectly fine with one coil, but I've never heard of someone vaping at such high ohms with a dual so I thought I'd do it for my own amusement. Works like a champ. 50/50 on the juice, but I tested it with pure PG before loading it with juice to make sure it didn't leak.

I really love that atty, even though it flies in the face of my typical vaping style.
Wow! what diameter and how many wraps? I might have to try that just to see what I think. Right now running dual 26awg 3mm 8wraps on mine, clocking in at .44 ohm, Shoulda been a touch higher according to Steam Engine, but for some reason I always end up lower than it says.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Rolf made a single coil adapter and vapes his Boreas at 14W. I would've been money he would hate Boreas, and he loves it!

And Raymo and Mikhail vape it at 260W. I made it more versatile than I thought!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Except for the VG part, I was the same as you but bought a Boreas to show a support for Roxy.

Now I can't live without it and have purchased five in total - so far.

It has that affect on people. Unfortunately, it never got as well known as I had hoped, but people who do have it tend to have 4 or 5.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I can't remember how many wraps, but I did use steam engine. Think I did 2.5 diameter - if I remember right

I do remember I ended up making three coils - the first one was perfect, the second one, not close enough.

It reads 1.02 ohms and I've never had a dry hit, flood or anything but a perfect vape off of it. Mainly used on a Fuchai 200W at 45 watts, but it hits well as low as 20 W. And I am a hard core chain vaper.

The flavor is outlandish for an RTA - on par with a dripper once you hit your own sweet spot.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Nice. I vape a bit like that but being a Physicist I'm a bit outside the norm.

This is my cloud comp coil.
image.jpeg

That's a triple parallel 32 gauge. I ran it at 165W for the last comp I won.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rolf made a single coil adapter and vapes his Boreas at 14W. I would've been money he would hate Boreas, and he loves it!

And Raymo and Mikhail vape it at 260W. I made it more versatile than I thought!

That's what I mean by outlandish - I wish I could get about 80 of them but I think my husband would start bitching about that :p

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's what I mean by outlandish - I wish I could get about 80 of them but I think my husband would start bitching about that :p
I truly love the boreas flavor now that I've done some more builds on it, but I typically get a lot of leaking if I lay it on its side for any length of time. Need to wick it more, but that inner voice always shouts for minimal wicking on rtas...

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I truly love the boreas flavor now that I've done some more builds on it, but I typically get a lot of leaking if I lay it on its side for any length of time. Need to wick it more, but that inner voice always shouts for minimal wicking on rtas...

Oh no, you can stuff that puppy! When I was testing the prototypes I was TRYING to make them dry hit, and couldn't do it! Lol! I then declared it nearly idiot proof, and felt I had achieved my goal.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh no, you can stuff that puppy! When I was testing the prototypes I was TRYING to make them dry hit, and couldn't do it! Lol! I then declared it nearly idiot proof, and felt I had achieved my goal.
I always go for that light rda-like mist on my rtas. So my default is always minimal wick. I wicked the boreas very heavy on my first build. Nowhere near a dry hit, but not the flavor I was looking for. I love that fine mist of flavor

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Wasn't it so much fun in the beginning when half of us got banned in a week?

Lol, I'll never forget that thread JimiD started and that Vesuvious put that pic in that said ECF Cunt Mods :giggle:

Or the Vaping Bogen and I Shit Myself vids Valkyrie posted.

Good times!

So what did the Retarded1 do?

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wasn't it so much fun in the beginning when half of us got banned in a week?

Lol, I'll never forget that thread JimiD started and that Vesuvious put that pic in that said ECF Cunt Mods :giggle:

Or the Vaping Bogen and I Shit Myself vids Valkyrie posted.

Good times!

So what did the Retarded1 do?
Just being an ass, went in the Deeming thread and deleted a bunch of posts, including some of mine, then said something about it wasn't the place for politics and it was his FINAL WARNING. Ummm, where were the previous warnings? But it was just his attitude about it. I mean, OK tell us we are crossing the line and we need to cool it, but don't be a dick about it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOVE you guys!!!!!

Ah, gotcha. A break it is then. I do that at times at too. Know it may not seem that way but I do.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Just being an ass, went in the Deeming thread and deleted a bunch of posts, including some of mine, then said something about it wasn't the place for politics and it was his FINAL WARNING. Ummm, where were the previous warnings? But it was just his attitude about it. I mean, OK tell us we are crossing the line and we need to cool it, but don't be a dick about it.

Sometimes I suspect the ecf mods are actually all ANTZ :giggle:

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
$20 Monday at Eciggity with code MEM20. 5 is doable.
LOL - just chatted with one of the reps at ecig.com and they are getting them in also - he seemed really psyched about getting his hands on one - especially after i waxed a bit poetic about it's spiffiness :)

mind you, this was AFTER the fucker helped me make a terrible decision and further terrorize the vape budget... but vt133 (with dna 200 chipset) and a pair of sammy 25r's for $78 shipped... FUCKERS! THEY MADE ME!

goddamn. i have spent too much time around Hank.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Moueix That's a SHAME about the Wooden Boxes, Manual and accessories. I really hope you can get them, as the Wooden Boxes those came in are a work of Art themselves.

I'm an H&K Fan, and would love to have that Pair, man you got lucky! :D
Thanks, Mike. Can't even imagine the thought process that would have someone ruin some gun legend like that, but it made the price right. I'm determined to put the kits together again. That makes it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors