ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mornin/Afternoon Fugee's and a hardy GFY!

Yesterday was first day back to work and it couldnt be more fucked up if it tried. Make it to work and it looked like it was gonna be an easy night as well as an easy first week and then the shit hit the fan. A younger mechanic came got me for my opinion on sumptin he found on a daily look over of a helicopter. I took one look and knew we was fucked. Not only did it fuck us for the night but it fucked us for the week. Best case scenario is we put the damn thing on a flat bed truck and send it to the main hanger.
Then to add icing on the cake I either pulled a muscle in my left arm or tore a rotator cuff. Still hurts like hell but I could barely use my left arm last night. I cant use sick leave because I have to save it to get my hernia repaired eventually from what the surgeon fucked up on me last year. Either way I am screwed this week. Its gonna be a long two weeks :(
Man that sucks. Here's hoping that it's just a pulled muscle or something. Much better scenario than a torn rotator cuff.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh and GFYs everyone... I won't say g'mornin' because it's a long way past morning. Didn't even get out here to the desk till noonish (yay, back to crack o'noon!) and had a bunch to catch up on Twitter. Have to bash FDA and "PH" at every opportunity y'know. :D

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rain from yesterday evening?
Was out off of Newtown pike yesterday evening, visiting the batshit crazy SIL at Eastern State.
No meds since January, she is pretty much like an hyper and autistic 10 yr old girl now and still refuses meds.

She is 50+ and was highly intelligent...

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ahh 500 MG Naproxin. Keeps me somewhat viable.
Prolly destroying my liver but perish the thought of knee jerk politicians allowing me to have any opoid pain relivers.

Maybe not your liver, but your esophagus/stomach. Liver problems are from tylenol. NSAIDs play hell with the stomach.

Andria

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rain from yesterday evening?
Was out off of Newtown pike yesterday evening, visiting the batshit crazy SIL at Eastern State.
No meds since January, she is pretty much like an hyper and autistic 10 yr old girl now and still refuses meds.
Thats just the creek out back. She cools off when we are playing by layin in it. Good water.

Crazy is as crazy does.

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Not possible only 2 siblings in that family.
Maybe all SIL's are alike?
Naah...
Mine lived with us for a few months and had a psychotic break while mixing adderol and ambien and woke me up at 2 in the morning saying the cops were on the way. Sure enough she had called 911 on the neighbors because they "hacked her iCloud and had hidden cameras all over our house"

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Prolly destroying my liver but perish the thought of knee jerk politicians allowing me to have any opoid pain relivers.
Opoids destroy the entire nervous system by eating the gray matter that insulates your nerves from your muscle tissue. Thats a kind of pain nobody wants.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine lived with us for a few months and had a psychotic break while mixing adderol and ambien and woke me up at 2 in the morning saying the cops were on the way. Sure enough she had called 911 on the neighbors because they "hacked her iCloud and had hidden cameras all over our house"
Actually that was my SIL when she was on meds and "stable".

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you see something that looks like a star
And it's shooting up out of the ground
And your head is spinning from a loud guitar
And you just can't escape from the sound
Don't worry too much, it'll happen to you
We were children once, playing with toys
And the thing that you're hearing is only the sound of
The low spark of high-heeled boys

Always loved that song

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Thats what I have. Took three of them last night and they helped. The pain never totally stopped but I could function. Today I picked up a one pound pack of sandwich meat with my left hand and it hurt so its gonna be another long night.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Opoids destroy the entire nervous system by eating the gray matter that insulates your nerves from your muscle tissue. Thats a kind of pain nobody wants.

Long term they can be a bad thing but taken when needded, not so bad. My last hernia operation when the doc totally fucked me up by cutting my intestines had me in serious pain. The good opoids kept me from killing anyone :p

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Long term they can be a bad thing but taken when needded, not so bad. My last hernia operation when the doc totally fucked me up by cutting my intestines had me in serious pain. The good opoids kept me from killing anyone :p
Even long term not so bad for some of us who need them.
Took them for 14 years for pain as needed.
Stupid politicians passed a very strict anti opoid law and I could get no more.
Punish those who need them not just those who abuse them....
Had NO withdrawal, etc because my only dependency was for pain control. I did not overuse them.
Wish all those stupid politicos had bulging and herniated discs with degenerative disc disease.
Hired a gypsy to put a curse on them but I think she just ripped me off :(

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mornin/Afternoon Fugee's and a hardy GFY!

Yesterday was first day back to work and it couldnt be more fucked up if it tried. Make it to work and it looked like it was gonna be an easy night as well as an easy first week and then the shit hit the fan. A younger mechanic came got me for my opinion on sumptin he found on a daily look over of a helicopter. I took one look and knew we was fucked. Not only did it fuck us for the night but it fucked us for the week. Best case scenario is we put the damn thing on a flat bed truck and send it to the main hanger.
Then to add icing on the cake I either pulled a muscle in my left arm or tore a rotator cuff. Still hurts like hell but I could barely use my left arm last night. I cant use sick leave because I have to save it to get my hernia repaired eventually from what the surgeon fucked up on me last year. Either way I am screwed this week. Its gonna be a long two weeks :(
Sorry to hear of all the bummer you just had, hope things look up for you quickly, shoulder pain is no fun :(

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's not true. There's been some studies on their effect (mainly opioids such as methadone) on the development/myelination of the myelin sheaths around nerve cells in fetal development, but nothing much that I've seen as far as affecting adult myelin sheaths. Nevertheless, they're bad for a lot of other reasons. If opioids affected myelination you'd expect to see pronounced coordination / movement impairment among addicts etc but that's not really the case

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Even long term not so bad for some of us who need them.
Took them for 14 years for pain as needed.
Stupid politicians passed a very strict anti opoid law and I could get no more.
Punish those who need them not just those who abuse them....
Had NO withdrawal, etc because my only dependency was for pain control. I did not overuse them.
Wish all those stupid politicos had bulging and herniated discs with degenerative disc disease.
Hired a gypsy to put a curse on them but I think she just ripped me off :(

@Atchafalaya is versed in the usage of the Gris Gris, get her to put a spell on them

:giggle::xD::giggle::xD::giggle::xD:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thats what I have. Took three of them last night and they helped. The pain never totally stopped but I could function. Today I picked up a one pound pack of sandwich meat with my left hand and it hurt so its gonna be another long night.

Geez, how can you tolerate taking that much? I once took 2 of the 220mg OTC ones, and was so nauseous I could barely function. If I really need 2 of those, I have to take them at least an hour apart, with a LOT of water for both, preferably some food in there too.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry to hear of all the bummer you just had, hope things look up for you quickly, shoulder pain is no fun :(

Im turning out to be a regular basket case :blech: I have 4 areas of my abdomen sticking out from a botched hernia repair, knee's giving out from thirty years of climbing on helicopters like a monkey and severe neck arthritis. Now a bum arm.

I need to be put out to pasture and Im only 50! :giggle:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Geez, how can you tolerate taking that much? I once took 2 of the 220mg OTC ones, and was so nauseous I could barely function. If I really need 2 of those, I have to take them at least an hour apart, with a LOT of water for both, preferably some food in there too.

Andria
Any NSAID like Naproxen or ibuprofen can be really hard on the stomach, but for some people 3 is no big deal, but for others it can really irritate the stomach. 3 is still within safe dosages though

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

The best part was it said on the bottle to take with food and I forgot my lunch at the apartments. Scrounged around and found a pack of roman noodles in my locker so the day was saved!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I agree -- even in my drug days (or is that daze), I never abused narcotics; for one thing, I hated the nausea, and also, I wanted to be able to take them for their actual purpose when I really needed them, and have them still work. So now, though I'm a recovering addict/alcoholic, if I really need opioids, I take them without any issues -- though I still hate the nausea. When I was in the ER with appendicitis, and the nurse was about to push morphine in my IV, I made her give me just half at first, to make sure it didn't make me nauseous; it didn't thank god, some anti-nausea thing in with it, so I got the other half and got real relief from that agony. Still didn't totally remove the pain, but at least I could move without every muscle in my entire torso locking tight from the pain. I don't recall labor very well, thanx to the body's natural forgetfulness of that condition, but I'm pretty sure that appendicitis was worse than labor -- with labor, you got agony for like 1 minute or two, then a rest for a minute or two, so you could catch your breath. The only pain I've suffered that may be on a par with appendicitis is an abscessed tooth -- but even a "hot" abscess doesn't make your whole torso lock up like that.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey Doc, you are not alone, seems all the aches and pains gang up on a person the minute the begin their 50's, lol at least that's what I have been seeing:facepalm::facepalm::blech:

I think your right on that! It wasnt that long ago I thought I was bullet proof. I worked sick and I worked injured. Didnt matter because the job had to get done and it was my place to do it. Now I am starting to think I need a bullet to put me out of my misery :giggle:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think your right on that! It wasnt that long ago I thought I was bullet proof. I worked sick and I worked injured. Didnt matter because the job had to get done and it was my place to do it. Now I am starting to think I need a bullet to put me out of my misery :giggle:
Chop, it can be hard on the stomach but if opioids aren't an option for your pain, sometimes taking half doses of two different types of NSAID can help. Like one ibuprofen, one naproxen. Covers more potential receptors that way

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Chop, it can be hard on the stomach but if opioids aren't an option for your pain, sometimes taking half doses of two different types of NSAID can help. Like one ibuprofen, one naproxen. Covers more potential receptors that way

I didn't know that was why, but sometimes I do that, for my shoulder pain -- injury many years ago, I think to the rotator cuff -- still hurts, all these years (20-ish) later -- so sometimes I take 1 OTC Alleve and 2 ibuprofen, and it really helps!

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I didn't know that was why, but sometimes I do that, for my shoulder pain -- injury many years ago, I think to the rotator cuff -- still hurts, all these years (20-ish) later -- so sometimes I take 1 OTC Alleve and 2 ibuprofen, and it really helps!

Andria
Yeah every drug, even though they're the same type of drug, can have different affinities for different receptor types. And there are so many types of pain it can be helpful to try to do a wider cover. It's much more pronounced among opioids but it's still true for NSAIDs also

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah every drug, even though they're the same type of drug, can have different affinities for different receptor types. And there are so many types of pain it can be helpful to try to do a wider cover. It's much more pronounced among opioids but it's still true for NSAIDs also

About 6 wks ago i was having dreadful headaches, some sinus thing, and one day I took so many ibuprofens, I gave myself an upset stomach -- so I started taking 1 extra-strength tylenol with 1 ibuprofen, and that helped a great deal! Pain relief, without the upset stomach!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Im in aviation so opoids is out of the question. I have to be able to make sound decisions while working on helicopters.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Im in aviation so opoids is out of the question. I have to be able to make sound decisions while working on helicopters.
Spell? Gris gris? Someone say gris gris? lol. I'll do it!
Choppy, I'm so sorry about your arm, and everything else. Geez. :(
Stuart, are you sure you're not a pharmacist?
As for Ibu's. I have no problem taking 4- 200 mg pills every 5 hours to get me through the day. I DO have Opiods as well, but since I have to concentrate, I only take those if I'm in "screaming" pain.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thats just the creek out back. She cools off when we are playing by layin in it. Good water.

Crazy is as crazy does.
Looks like fun. I used to LOVE swimming my horse in the ponds on West Fort. Ride bareback to not ruin the saddle, and go splashing in. You know, we'd swim across the whole pond and by the time we got to the other side, we were both clean, AND my border collie that road with me. lol

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
About 6 wks ago i was having dreadful headaches, some sinus thing, and one day I took so many ibuprofens, I gave myself an upset stomach -- so I started taking 1 extra-strength tylenol with 1 ibuprofen, and that helped a great deal! Pain relief, without the upset stomach!

Andria
Tylenol is the ONLY thing my poor sister can take. She's allergic to everything else. :( Well, I'm getting off here. My finger is still wack but I've got some good meds for my lungs now. Stupid Bronchitis. Chow Fugees!!! :inlove:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree -- even in my drug days (or is that daze), I never abused narcotics; for one thing, I hated the nausea, and also, I wanted to be able to take them for their actual purpose when I really needed them, and have them still work. So now, though I'm a recovering addict/alcoholic, if I really need opioids, I take them without any issues -- though I still hate the nausea. When I was in the ER with appendicitis, and the nurse was about to push morphine in my IV, I made her give me just half at first, to make sure it didn't make me nauseous; it didn't thank god, some anti-nausea thing in with it, so I got the other half and got real relief from that agony. Still didn't totally remove the pain, but at least I could move without every muscle in my entire torso locking tight from the pain. I don't recall labor very well, thanx to the body's natural forgetfulness of that condition, but I'm pretty sure that appendicitis was worse than labor -- with labor, you got agony for like 1 minute or two, then a rest for a minute or two, so you could catch your breath. The only pain I've suffered that may be on a par with appendicitis is an abscessed tooth -- but even a "hot" abscess doesn't make your whole torso lock up like that.

Andria
I been plagued with hernia issues since I was around 30. Doc told me it was genetics because my connective tissue is real weak. Of course i gave my mom a hard time for using cheap materials when she made me. :giggle: One of my surgeries the doc used a wound vac on me. He had a 6 inch round piece of foam that laid under my skin and a piece of foam where the wound ends joined. They sent me home that way with some loratabs for pain. The first time the home nurse came out to change the foam I came unglued. When she pulled the foam out I screamed so bad even the cat got sick (true story, when I yelled she yelled, when I screamed we heard her throwing up)
I called the doc and told him he has to be fuckin stupid to think I am gonna go thru this three times a week for six weeks on loritabs so he called me in some good stuff. The home health nurse called them my happy pills. She would call me 20 minutes before she got to my house to take my happy pill. It would still hurt like hell but within seconds the pain was gone and I had a good buzz.
The first time she did the wound vac thing when the cat got sick, the only thing I can liken that pain to was having your soul pull out of you. I did pass out for a few seconds that first time it was that bad.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They were threatened by one of the pharma company's that funds the center. Basically said "you publish that... no more money for you".

Exactly the sort of shit that has "researchers" lining up like good little sheep to publish all the "dangers" of vaping -- they want dat MONEY! To HELL with real science!

This is just a mild example of what I'd like to do to anyone who gets paid to do result-pre-determined "research":

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I been plagued with hernia issues since I was around 30. Doc told me it was genetics because my connective tissue is real weak. Of course i gave my mom a hard time for using cheap materials when she made me. :giggle: One of my surgeries the doc used a wound vac on me. He had a 6 inch round piece of foam that laid under my skin and a piece of foam where the wound ends joined. They sent me home that way with some loratabs for pain. The first time the home nurse came out to change the foam I came unglued. When she pulled the foam out I screamed so bad even the cat got sick (true story, when I yelled she yelled, when I screamed we heard her throwing up)
I called the doc and told him he has to be fuckin stupid to think I am gonna go thru this three times a week for six weeks on loritabs so he called me in some good stuff. The home health nurse called them my happy pills. She would call me 20 minutes before she got to my house to take my happy pill. It would still hurt like hell but within seconds the pain was gone and I had a good buzz.
The first time she did the wound vac thing when the cat got sick, the only thing I can liken that pain to was having your soul pull out of you. I did pass out for a few seconds that first time it was that bad.

And they want us working till age 67 :eek:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Spell? Gris gris? Someone say gris gris? lol. I'll do it!
Choppy, I'm so sorry about your arm, and everything else. Geez. :(
Stuart, are you sure you're not a pharmacist?
As for Ibu's. I have no problem taking 4- 200 mg pills every 5 hours to get me through the day. I DO have Opiods as well, but since I have to concentrate, I only take those if I'm in "screaming" pain.

Yeah I sometimes take 4 of those at a time, but try to stick to just 3, then if the pain is really bad, eat something and take 2 more -- there ARE 1000mg Motrin/Advil by prescription, so it can't be THAT bad... but a steady diet of that is not a good idea; it really will fuck with your stomach, big time! I thought I was pretty much immune to that, after 2 decades of ibuprofen anytime I have a pain, but the incident when I was having the bad headaches totally disabused me of that idea.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Still a couple hours before chow time for me. But I am kinda hungry, so maybe I'll find a snack.:D
Oh, not what you meant...ciao Atcha!
Really Kad??? Are you going to do that to me??? LMAO. My coworker Michelle is constantly telling me it's spelled ciao. For a while, I appeased her intellect by spelling it the "correct" way. Then, after a while I couldn't remember if the 'a' was before or after the 'i' . So, I gave up. So, you're gonna haf ta deal wit it. K? :inlove:Chowsers.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That was very difficult to "like". I'm SO sorry you went/are going through all this. Just cannot fathom it. :(

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Exactly the sort of shit that has "researchers" lining up like good little sheep to publish all the "dangers" of vaping -- they want dat MONEY! To HELL with real science!
his is just a mild example of what I'd like to do to anyone who gets paid to do result-pre-determined "research":

Andria
Line um up girlfriend!
And they want us working till age 67
Nope, not me.........

If my body last, I am hoping at 60 I can pull a Cromwell. By then I hope to have a nice sailboat I can live on! 401K funds in the bank, and a GFTW attitude
There ya go!!!! It's only a few years away. Hang in there. YOU CAN DO IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors