Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was 13 or 14 when that album came out (Brothers and Sisters). It actually took me quite a while to really LOVE them, but along with their blues, they have a bit of a jazz feel, and jazz has never been one of my most-faves; it's really too sophisticated a sound for most young people, but I've warmed up to it just slightly, just a little... the Allmans... Steely Dan... Traffic... But Brothers and Sisters is a little more accessible than a lot of their other work; more pure blues.

This one is my favorite from Brothers and Sisters... actually, maybe my fave of ALL their work:

Just love that blues boogie... :D

Andria

Oooh, I LOVE traffic! Pretty big fan of Steely Dan too. Unique sound! :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oooh, I LOVE traffic! Pretty big fan of Steely Dan too. Unique sound! :)

Both of them also took me quite a while to appreciate -- when I was a teenager, when "Low Spark" came on the radio, I'd switch the station pronto! Now I turn it up to full blast and tell everybody to shut up, radio break! :D Steely Dan, the song that converted me to a true fan was "Josie"... that syncopated jump boogie just grabbed me, I did a complete 180 from hating them, to loving pretty much everything they've done. So i started out with Aja, but my favorite is "Katy Lied"... Black Friday is awesome. :D

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gnite, Fugee's! The Lunacy of Total Control made us even stronger today, and united many of us disenchanted with more of our friends. I'ma call that a good day for us, but not necessarily for vaping in general. I think the winds of change are blowing stronger though...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Both of them also took me quite a while to appreciate -- when I was a teenager, when "Low Spark" came on the radio, I'd switch the station pronto! Now I turn it up to full blast and tell everybody to shut up, radio break! :D Steely Dan, the song that converted me to a true fan was "Josie"... that syncopated jump boogie just grabbed me, I did a complete 180 from hating them, to loving pretty much everything they've done. So i started out with Aja, but my favorite is "Katy Lied"... Black Friday is awesome. :D

Andria

I'm a little different. Been a sucker for high-heeled boys since I was a young lass, lol.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria

Ooooh (shiver), Katy Lied. I have access to my vinyl again. I know what I am going to spool when I get home...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Another I did a complete 180 on was Van Morrison... also because of the jazz influence. Now I love everything he does, though I'm a bit burnt out on Brown Eyed Girl, TBH.

Sorry I was incommunicado for a minute there, my internet connection went away mysteriously, and just as mysteriously returned. I was about ready to get online via my tablet and my phone's wifi hotspot, but the xfinity piece o'crap came back.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do not like getting the crud. Seems me & witch have played pass the crud. Currently, I'm the one what got it. Figure it was no help mowing down pollen filled weeds this past week either. Bad sinus infection does not make crud any more bearable.

Going to rack out. Nitol.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I do not like getting the crud. Seems me & witch have played pass the crud. Currently, I'm the one what got it. Figure it was no help mowing down pollen filled weeds this past week either. Bad sinus infection does not make crud any more bearable.

Get well soon Morley

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Traffic is one of the few bands that their whole albums, both sides are just so 100% listenable. There are virtually no duds or filler

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't hear much if anything outta Winwood anymore. I guess he's taking it easy, counting his money. :D Too bad, he's massively talented.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Traffic is one of the few bands that their whole albums, both sides are just so 100% listenable. There are virtually no duds or filler

I can't abide Rock n Roll Stew. There was a rock station in Detroit that used that as their lead-in for their lunch time show, and I got SOOOOOOOOO sick of it.

Andria

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm intrigued. Hadn't run across any switchable mods, though I hadn't really been looking at box mechs so not surprising I didn't know they existed. What did you get? And where might I find such a thing?
i grabbed a cherry bomber v2 from 3fvape that switches from series to parallel. its poorly built (battery door has a sharp edge and doesnt sit perfectly flush etc etc), but its sturdy and tough, and it works as advertised. i take it with me more often than my fancier mods because im often working in the dirt or rain or under a car or whatever shitty conditions that lead to things getting beat up, and its holding up well. its kinda cheap feeling, but it was worth the thirty bucks imo.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
GM and GFY! I spent the evening catching up on some interesting reading here and abroad. Seems the shit likes to get stirred no matter where. Hope today is a little milder. It's finally Friday! A very busy day, nonetheless. Getting ready to head out now. Later all!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
G'mornin'
waving_zpsymdlb8ci.gif

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The full size Serpent's posts are directed in a very odd position to me... The Mini looks way better but I dont have one of those..
The serpent is not bad to coil. Put the right lead in and secure.
Trim the second lead to where it is just long enough to poke thru the post. Easy to pop in there and secure.
Grimm Green shows how in his review video.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin/Afternoon Fugee's and a hardy GFY!

Yesterday was first day back to work and it couldnt be more fucked up if it tried. Make it to work and it looked like it was gonna be an easy night as well as an easy first week and then the shit hit the fan. A younger mechanic came got me for my opinion on sumptin he found on a daily look over of a helicopter. I took one look and knew we was fucked. Not only did it fuck us for the night but it fucked us for the week. Best case scenario is we put the damn thing on a flat bed truck and send it to the main hanger.
Then to add icing on the cake I either pulled a muscle in my left arm or tore a rotator cuff. Still hurts like hell but I could barely use my left arm last night. I cant use sick leave because I have to save it to get my hernia repaired eventually from what the surgeon fucked up on me last year. Either way I am screwed this week. Its gonna be a long two weeks :(

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Yesterday was first day back to work and it couldnt be more fucked up if it tried. Make it to work and it looked like it was gonna be an easy night as well as an easy first week and then the shit hit the fan. A younger mechanic came got me for my opinion on sumptin he found on a daily look over of a helicopter. I took one look and knew we was fucked. Not only did it fuck us for the night but it fucked us for the week. Best case scenario is we put the damn thing on a flat bed truck and send it to the main hanger.
Then to add icing on the cake I either pulled a muscle in my left arm or tore a rotator cuff. Still hurts like hell but I could barely use my left arm last night. I cant use sick leave because I have to save it to get my hernia repaired eventually from what the surgeon fucked up on me last year. Either way I am screwed this week. Its gonna be a long two weeks :(

You have my sympathy <3

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Hell of a way to start a week! Hope you feel better quick. Nothing like working while in pain,

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors