ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Really Kad??? Are you going to do that to me??? LMAO. My coworker Michelle is constantly telling me it's spelled ciao. For a while, I appeased her intellect by spelling it the "correct" way. Then, after a while I couldn't remember if the 'a' was before or after the 'i' . So, I gave up. So, you're gonna haf ta deal wit it. K? :inlove:Chowsers.
Someone has to give you a hard time, right? Ya know how when you were like 7 or so, and a boy was picking on you, and everybody said it meant he likes you?:):inlove::hug:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I sometimes take 4 of those at a time, but try to stick to just 3, then if the pain is really bad, eat something and take 2 more -- there ARE 1000mg Motrin/Advil by prescription, so it can't be THAT bad... but a steady diet of that is not a good idea; it really will fuck with your stomach, big time! I thought I was pretty much immune to that, after 2 decades of ibuprofen anytime I have a pain, but the incident when I was having the bad headaches totally disabused me of that idea.

Andria
Fortunately I have discovered........recently discovered btw.........that when one "whines" at work about being ill, co-workers tend to at first sympathize(of course this is when they keep their distance because they don't want what "YOU" have)....then after a few days, they start to "offer" to take some of the workload off so you will just GO HOME. Guess this sounds a little diabolical. But heck, I'm out of sick days too. Fortunately, I get them "refilled" in a few weeks. One thing not to do: Do not get grouchy if you feel bad. And tell another co-worker to "Suck it up, Buttercup". That really doesn't go well. :(

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-3_15-41-6.png
    upload_2016-6-3_15-41-6.png
    275.3 KB · Views: 6

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
quote deleted.
Every addictive substance, whether nicotine or morphine, etc, causes nervous system degeneration and changes, particularly in the white matter of the brain, and this is most likely related to the addiction process and the biochemical feedback loop associated with that, but no one can say for sure what exactly is happening, because for many medicines the exact mechanism of action is still poorly understood. But, saying there is myelin sheath damage is a very specific thing and I haven't seen any evidence for that

Last edited:

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The serpent is not bad to coil. Put the right lead in and secure.
Trim the second lead to where it is just long enough to poke thru the post. Easy to pop in there and secure.
Grimm Green shows how in his review video.
I could Coil it, I just think its awkward to face them at angles like that.. idk lol :eek:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That was very difficult to "like". I'm SO sorry you went/are going through all this. Just cannot fathom it. :(

What was funny is twice my little kitty girl Miss Tigs got sick from hearing the pain I was in. The she put her paw down and planted herself between me and the home health nurse every time she came to the house. Miss Tigs was going to make damn sure that mean ol woman wasnt gonna hurt her pappa anymore lol

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What was funny is twice my little kitty girl Miss Tigs got sick from hearing the pain I was in. The she put her paw down and planted herself between me and the home health nurse every time she came to the house. Miss Tigs was going to make damn sure that mean ol woman wasnt gonna hurt her pappa anymore lol
You betcha! That's so adorable!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Tuxie would just hide under the bed. Scared of her freakin shadow, that cat -- kids cut thru our yard to get to the next street, there she goes (slinks on her belly) to the Cat Cave. :D (under my husband's bed!)

Andria

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Every addictive substance, whether nicotine or morphine, etc, causes nervous system degeneration and changes, particularly in the white matter of the brain, and this is most likely related to the addiction process and the biochemical feedback loop associated with that, but no one can say for sure what exactly is happening, because for many medicines the exact mechanism of action is still poorly understood. But, saying there is myelin sheath damage is a very specific thing and I haven't seen any evidence for that
I understand. I was just passing on what i was told by someone I have no reasion to doubt. She was really upset that the board killed her project and vented to me.

If its not out of line, please delete the quote in your last response to me. I should not have talked about it in the first place.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use tramadol, an opioid but only when pain becomes too unbearable. My gp let me have the rest of a script for it because she knows I hate needing it. Have a high pain tolerance ergo a lot of times when I realize I'm in pain it is bad. I use one of these and 'reboot', it lets me not feel the physical a few hours. Body shuts off, comes back up.Mor ften though I use Tylenol, gabapentin.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use tramadol
I've got that too.

gabapentin
and this as well.
I'm a lot like you MMM. I have a very high pain tolerance. I think that's kind of what got me in the situation I'm in. Daredevil stuff when I was young. Had to go in for a nerve test, I'll look up the name as I cannot remember it right now. But, they inject needles into the muscles with electrodes and then shock the muscle. They record all the data they collect and then the neurologist reads it later. After that, if they see a problem, the neurologist comes in and they start really digging into the muscles and you have to physically work that muscle - even if it's in your neck. I'm telling you, this HURT. (Actually the one in my ankle hurt the worst)The test takes about an hour and I actually asked the nurse: "Why would you choose this as your profession? I'm just curious. " lol. Guess it's just something MRI nurses are required to do. After everything was done, they told me I did GREAT. Most people start crying and stop the test and they have to wait until the person has calmed down. Still, I refuse to have it done again.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got that too.

and this as well.
I'm a lot like you MMM. I have a very high pain tolerance. I think that's kind of what got me in the situation I'm in. Daredevil stuff when I was young. Had to go in for a nerve test, I'll look up the name as I cannot remember it right now. But, they inject needles into the muscles with electrodes and then shock the muscle. They record all the data they collect and then the neurologist reads it later. After that, if they see a problem, the neurologist comes in and they start really digging into the muscles and you have to physically work that muscle - even if it's in your neck. I'm telling you, this HURT. (Actually the one in my ankle hurt the worst)The test takes about an hour and I actually asked the nurse: "Why would you choose this as your profession? I'm just curious. " lol. Guess it's just something MRI nurses are required to do. After everything was done, they told me I did GREAT. Most people start crying and stop the test and they have to wait until the person has calmed down. Still, I refuse to have it done again.
Also, if you "google" the test, people will say there's nothing to it. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But, they inject needles into the muscles with electrodes and then shock the muscle. They record all the data they collect and then the neurologist reads it later. After that, if they see a problem, the neurologist comes in and they start really digging into the muscles and you have to physically work that muscle - even if it's in your neck. I'm telling you, this HURT. (Actually the one in my ankle hurt the worst)The test takes about an hour and I actually asked the nurse: "Why would you choose this as your profession? I'm just curious. " lol. Guess it's just something MRI nurses are required to do. After everything was done, they told me I did GREAT. Most people start crying and stop the test and they have to wait until the person has calmed down. Still, I refuse to have it done again.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/electromyogram-emg-and-nerve-conduction-studies Sounds like it. It does not sound like a pleasant night of tea & crumpets.The myelin stuff what was talked about earlier is what seems a little not there in places in me, or too much there in others. The hypothalamus is such a lovely organ, unless it does not develop proper.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-3_17-36-15.png
    upload_2016-6-3_17-36-15.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 9

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
http://www.webmd.com/brain/electromyogram-emg-and-nerve-conduction-studies Sounds like it. It does not sound like a pleasant night of tea & crumpets.The myelin stuff what was talked about earlier is what seems a little not there in places in me, or too much there in others. The hypothalamus is such a lovely organ, unless it does not develop proper.

My hypothalamus can bite me. It's where the body's temperature regulation takes place, and it needs a certain amount of estrogen to function correctly. I think it's finally starting to get the picture, that there ain't gon BE no mo estrogen! -- the flashes are a lot milder than they used to be; the tips of my ears get hot, so i put cold water on them, and it stops.

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let's have a disco night!!!!!!
Well, it's not Saturday Night yet, but if you got a fever...
saturday-night-fever.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thankyou all, good to see some old faces and new.
AndriaD miss your recepies!

They're around here. :D I had THOUGHT we were about to have the blog feature enabled (ADMIN! What's up with that?!?!?!), and I was going to post them all together so they could be found easily.... but so far, no blog feature. :(

Just about to get a mother lode of Inawera flavors, so I'm hopeful of some new taste treats. :D

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugees....hope someone had a good Friday, mine wasn't bad, but it's 114 degrees outside....didn't do much yard work today, but the pool water is perfect.....:vino:

Hope you feel better soon Doc...you too Cromwell....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors