Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Uhhh, not feeling very creative but I'll give it a whirl.

...a box. An old box, made from polished mahogany, similar in size and design to a cigar box. He knows it's quite old by the patina on the copper plate on the lid of the box. There is something engraved on the copper plate, and Morely peers at it trying to discern the engraving through the patina. As he does so, the match, nearly burned out, burns his fingers.

"Perhaps a flashlight would have been a better idea than a match" Morely says, and he pulls out another match and lights it. Examining the engraving again, he realizes it is two dolphins, one on top of and behind the other. The bottom dolphin has a look of surprise on it's face, or so it seems to Morely.

Morely reaches for the lid to open the box and see what it contains, but is distracted as he hears a scuttling sound, and again a breeze blows out his match. "How can there be a breeze in the back of a closet?" he asks the box.

As he prepared to light a fourth match so he can seek an answer for this mystery, he feels...[TBC]

OK, @Moueix you are up.

NOT following that. It would be like Santana opening for the Stones. Man, did the STONES get embarrassed...

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After running some shovel test pit digs, and then setting up the wheeler box grid, I have successfully excavated my home office. Everything is now bagged, tagged, and cataloged by strata, genre, type, and battery size. I haven't seen this since the water heater filled the house with soot and strangers took everything I owned.

I am posting this here for my own perusal down the road, when I want to remember what my office CAN look like...
desk.jpg
desks2.jpg

House guest coming. I had no choice...

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
NOT following that. It would be like Santana opening for the Stones. Man, did the STONES get embarrassed...

Well then @MorelyMagicMist , it seems your story will be left to languish in the back of the closet, as my victim has declined to continue. Perhaps my decision to find a way to add Flipper scared him off?
So, any volunteers to pick up where I left off?

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well then @MorelyMagicMist , it seems your story will be left to languish in the back of the closet, as my victim has declined to continue. Perhaps my decision to find a way to add Flipper scared him off?
So, any volunteers to pick up where I left off?
I would, but I'm not sure what the story needs to be about. I'm cornfused. Maybe it's my ADD.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Uhhh, not feeling very creative but I'll give it a whirl.

...a box. An old box, made from polished mahogany, similar in size and design to a cigar box. He knows it's quite old by the patina on the copper plate on the lid of the box. There is something engraved on the copper plate, and Morely peers at it trying to discern the engraving through the patina. As he does so, the match, nearly burned out, burns his fingers.

"Perhaps a flashlight would have been a better idea than a match" Morely says, and he pulls out another match and lights it. Examining the engraving again, he realizes it is two dolphins, one on top of and behind the other. The bottom dolphin has a look of surprise on it's face, or so it seems to Morely.

Morely reaches for the lid to open the box and see what it contains, but is distracted as he hears a scuttling sound, and again a breeze blows out his match. "How can there be a breeze in the back of a closet?" he asks the box.

As he prepared to light a fourth match so he can seek an answer for this mystery, he feels...[TBC]

OK, @Moueix you are up.
He feels something or someone grab him from behind, pulling him to the floor of the closet where off in the corner he spots a bright light near the right part of the closet floor. As Morley begins wrestling with this "thing" in the dark, he breaks free and grabs the box. By this time, the bright light has become larger as he again feels the breeze behind him becoming stronger. The light engulfs the room and the breeze becomes so strong he is pushed by it toward the bright light where he sees something inside of the light.......

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He feels something or someone grab him from behind, pulling him to the floor of the closet where off in the corner he spots a bright light near the right part of the closet floor. As Morley begins wrestling with this "thing" in the dark, he breaks free and grabs the box. By this time, the bright light has become larger as he again feels the breeze behind him becoming stronger. The light engulfs the room and the breeze becomes so strong he is pushed by it toward the bright light where he sees something inside of the light.......
Yay! Atcha to the rescue!:blowkiss:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Naturally lacking inhibition, his curiosity begins to get the best of him, and he willingly ventures closer to the light. As he draws nearer, the air becomes counter intuitively COOLER. He begins to discern a smell, not instantly recognizable, yet not unfamiliar. It evokes warm memories of mis-spent youth, but he can't quite put his finger on a likely source. He tries to think of similar experiences, but his mind becomes crowded with the possibilities, and he forces himself to clear his thoughts. That's when he begins to realize why the light feels cooler as he approaches...

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Trouble?? That's what I do :D

Yes the Cromwell lives nearby. I have a safe room. :eek:

Actually more of a closet but the door has a lock :teehee:
Aliens such as Cromwell aren't afraid of a safe room. But just turn on some rap music if he gets too close. He's tipped his hand and revealed his weaknesses...

I still need to email Frank, he gave me his email yesterday. He's a cool guy.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Naturally lacking inhibition, his curiosity begins to get the best of him, and he willingly ventures closer to the light. As he draws nearer, the air becomes counter intuitively COOLER. He begins to discern a smell, not instantly recognizable, yet not unfamiliar. It evokes warm memories of mis-spent youth, but he can't quite put his finger on a likely source. He tries to think of similar experiences, but his mind becomes crowded with the possibilities, and he forces himself to clear his thoughts. That's when he begins to realize why the light feels cooler as he approaches...
Then a strange thought crosses his mind. Why would anyone keep antimatter in a old wine bottle...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then a strange thought crosses his mind. Why would anyone keep antimatter in a old wine bottle...
Hey why not if it works.
It might have to be in a pure vacuum state and wrapped in 0 ga alien clapton gargoyle hoof wire and energized at a gigawatt to generate a Rip tripper magnetic field.

Nothing can get to Rip tripper.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aliens such as Cromwell aren't afraid of a safe room. But just turn on some rap music if he gets too close. He's tipped his hand and revealed his weaknesses...

I still need to email Frank, he gave me his email yesterday. He's a cool guy.

STUART!! Just the man I needed to see. I need to order some coils for a friend who is undergoing surgery. Going to send her a Merlin "Get Well Soon" prezzie and wondering what coils that you carry, that you would recommend as best for S.S. Temp Control for that beauty? The Merlin, I mean...

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh no, see, what Cromwell truly loves is the new breed:

If watching that doesn't make you cringe like it does for me, I salute you sir. But I'm starting to suspect Cromwell is lying. I have reason to believe he bumps that song on max volume when he's out in his ufo or Amish buggy or whatever he gets around in...

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

If watching that doesn't make you cringe like it does for me, I salute you sir. But I'm starting to suspect Cromwell is lying. I have reason to believe he bumps that song on max volume when he's out in his ufo or Amish buggy or whatever he gets around in...
I'm going to play this over my reference system at 0db.

Be right back

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
STUART!! Just the man I needed to see. I need to order some coils for a friend who is undergoing surgery. Going to send her a Merlin "Get Well Soon" prezzie and wondering what coils that you carry, that you would recommend as best for S.S. Temp Control for that beauty? The Merlin, I mean...
In terms of performing the best, I think it would go to 28x2/40 fused claptons or vertebraid.

But fused claptons can be tricky to get to TC just right, although that's simplified a lot in single coil. For a good balance between ease of use and flavor my vote typically goes to vertebraid, very slightly spaced out, 3mm and 8 wrap if you can fit it.

And for pure ease of use, I'd go to 24g 316L normal round wire, spaced. But that's no fun.

Really just depends on how used to working with SS in tc you are/she is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Fuuuuuck that sucks

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In terms of performing the best, I think it would go to 28x2/40 fused claptons or vertebraid.

But fused claptons can be tricky to get to TC just right, although that's simplified a lot in single coil. For a good balance between ease of use and flavor my vote typically goes to vertebraid, very slightly spaced out, 3mm and 8 wrap if you can fit it.

And for pure ease of use, I'd go to 24g 316L normal round wire, spaced. But that's no fun.

Really just depends on how used to working with SS in tc you are/she is.

She is struggling with building and mounting coils. I am looking at your prebuilt S.S. coils, so she can just mount and wick with a minimum of challenge. I think mounting singles is easy for her, but duals is a struggle, ergo the Merlin...

Oh yeah, this will be a Merlin on an Evic VTC mini. I think they are 60W if I remember correctly..
Oops, nope. 75W max.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
She is struggling with building and mounting coils. I am looking at your prebuilt S.S. coils, so she can just mount and wick with a minimum of challenge. I think mounting singles is easy for her, but duals is a struggle, ergo the Merlin...
I would say vertebraid then, and just space them out a tiny bit when installing. I'm not sure that 3mm 8 wraps would fit on the merlin, especially spaced, but that's the ideal on vertebraid.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Oh yeah, this will be a Merlin on an Evic VTC mini. I think they are 60W if I remember correctly..
Oops, nope. 75W max.
What wattage range does she vape? A simple 26g SS coil will cover a lot of people.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got 7 years on ya. Trust me, it gets worse.

Just wait until ya cant trust a fart anymore. Fun times :giggle:

I had that problem for a while. I went back to 84% PG instead of 87%. :D

And hey g'mornin' ma peeps. Yes I realize it's after 1pm; I didn't get up till a bit after the crack o'noon. So it's morning for me; bacon's cooking. :D

Andria

PS: and GFYs merrily.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
See, I can appreciate some rap music. But that? I don't know what the hell that is. That guy is a breed of music that I really wouldn't call music at all. Just him casually talking about how awesome he is while looking like a complete idiot
I made it about 3 minutes in before my brain started shouting "Fuck this shit !!!!!!!"

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Go me. I got 3,000 words out of 6,000 needed for my first genuine attempt at a Lester Dent Pulp style short story. I'm liking the more immediate challenge of this format over a novel. The structure offered is not hindering my creative mind but in fact freeing it up more so. It is also keeping me more interested in the story itself, than with a longer novel.

There are still lots of paying markets that buy pulp, or short stories. Many are on-line as well, and open to electronic submissions. Think I may work in the short stories for a bit, may go back to novels later. This structure can also work for them, just put the target to 60,000 words instead of 6,000. For now though, my plan is to start actually doing the work, grinding out selling stories & generating some steady form of revenue. It may not buy a castle in the sky, but if it can help keep us going, it's enough. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors