ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We'd like to splurge...perhaps the same shape as your travel vehicle to the outer limits?

Actually I just take a few inter dimensional steps.
The universe is really a small place if you know how to get around.
The cosmos does have to be properly aligned though.
Several years till that happens again.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One thing my three divorces have taught me... ya ain't never stuck. That means if he says it, he means it... ain't no diplomacy there...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Nah, he's stuck; he told me right up front from the get-go that if I ever wanted a divorce, I'd have to pay for it, because he would never. I told him that was good, because I never would either, that he was stuck with me once he said I Do. He Did, He Always Has, and I expect will continue until I'm dead -- he's also on notice that he has to outlive me, despite being 8.5 yrs older, because I simply could not go on existing without him. Told him if he ever gets a terminal diagnosis, I would kill myself rather than outlive him. He told me I'd miss a good party, because if he ever got a terminal diagnosis, that's it for sobriety: PARTY TIME! :D Told him I'd stay for the party, and that was that. :D

Andria

ETA: actually I have a couple of times *considered* divorce, but one fact always puts paid to that idea: I'd have to live without him! No can do, no how, no way.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well at the age of 55, it's nice to have photographic proof that I was once capable of not breaking cameras... and I was 42 yrs old, to boot! Youth is wasted on the young, for sure; I spent 25 yrs wishing for boobs like that, and had them (courtesy of a corset and pushup!) for maybe 5 yrs before age caught up with me and made it so that NOBODY wants to see. My husband says he still enjoys the view, but y'know, he's stuck with me, he's just being diplomatic.

Andria

I'm with Shawn. He means it. My wife looks at me like I'm outta my mind when I tell her I think she is hot. 40 years of drooling over one woman doesn't come crashing down like it's not there... When I say it, I MEAN it. And when I say it, if she is interested? Yeah, I'M interested... ;)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's been 30 years since I bothered to try to enhance what ain't there, lol.

So no T. Had to rely on A - which wasn't bad until it started to jiggle just a little too much a couple of years ago, lol

Bah, not really such a thing as A jiggling too much. Anyone says there is needs their noggin examined. The only time I could think A jiggled too much would be if someone was morbidly obese, unhealthily obese. Then, I kind of like people having a healthy plump look. Got to some meat on them bones to enjoy some good romping around without getting all bunged up from a bony A.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah, he's stuck; he told me right up front from the get-go that if I ever wanted a divorce, I'd have to pay for it, because he would never. I told him that was good, because I never would either, that he was stuck with me once he said I Do. He Did, He Always Has, and I expect will continue until I'm dead -- he's also on notice that he has to outlive me, despite being 8.5 yrs older, because I simply could not go on existing without him. Told him if he ever gets a terminal diagnosis, I would kill myself rather than outlive him. He told me I'd miss a good party, because if he ever got a terminal diagnosis, that's it for sobriety: PARTY TIME! :D Told him I'd stay for the party, and that was that. :D

Andria

ETA: actually I have a couple of times *considered* divorce, but one fact always puts paid to that idea: I'd have to live without him! No can do, no how, no way.

Awwww..... I love that.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm with Shawn. He means it. My wife looks at me like I'm outta my mind when I tell her I think she is hot. 40 years of drooling over one woman doesn't come crashing down like it's not there... When I say it, I MEAN it. And when I say it, if she is interested? Yeah, I'M interested... ;)

*chuckling * My wife gets the same way when I try telling her she's a fox in my eyes. Does not want a thing to do with being made out as all hot and sexy, refuses to believe it. And they tell us, "men, you just don't get it." * shaking noggin * Such a shame that aspect of erotica is subtle and goes to waste on the ears of wives. "Men, you just aren't romantic," they tell us. Well, men look at pictures and for them that's the cerebral, it's the stimulant of romance. We tell a woman she's all that and a bag of chips, it's our version "We'll hold you and cuddle all night and into the dawn." But noooo, these wife creatures don't "get it." Bah!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, a hearty GFY everyone. Need to go start on getting critters fed, self inclusive. Then, need to write another 1,500 words for the story to keep on track. Now, I'll be making the villain get extremely evil toward the hero. :) Poor guy won't know what hit him. Muhahaha! Tomorrow the hero will get it all figured out & the story will be finished. Friday, or Monday then, off to markets. Yay. :) Run 'er slow. :)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes I wish I had a significant other. But I really don't see how that could happen. I never really go anywhere to meet people and I work in a cubicle farm with all married people. But I AM enjoying life and that's what matters. :)

Take up ANY one of the following past times, and you will have your fella in NO time. By order of speed to meet, Motorcycling (guys find NOTHING hotter than a woman on a scooter), Golf, Target shooting... the list is actually long. Motorcycling is tops. There are dozens of rides every weekend, mostly charity, and I'm going to say that MAYBE 20% have a lady with them. Another 40% have a lady, NOT with them, and the rest are all free rangers. I've met a lot of VERY nice people on these charity rides too, and everyone is friendly with everyone else. A single girl better bring a date book, she's going to fill it quick.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take up ANY one of the following past times, and you will have your fella in NO time. By order of speed to meet, Motorcycling (guys find NOTHING hotter than a woman on a scooter), Golf, Target shooting... the list is actually long. Motorcycling is tops. There are dozens of rides every weekend, mostly charity, and I'm going to say that MAYBE 20% have a lady with them. Another 40% have a lady, NOT with them, and the rest are all free rangers. I've met a lot of VERY nice people on these charity rides too, and everyone is friendly with everyone else. A single girl better bring a date book, she's going to fill it quick.

And whether that works for you or not, GFY anyway, Lalalala... :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
lol. I actually DO ride. I have a dirt bike right now and the bike me and my nephew went in on, he rides because his car is wack and it's a little too high up for me. I don't belong to any clubs though. I grew up riding motorcycles. My dad always had one and we always had a dirt bike.

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In terms of performing the best, I think it would go to 28x2/40 fused claptons or vertebraid.

But fused claptons can be tricky to get to TC just right, although that's simplified a lot in single coil. For a good balance between ease of use and flavor my vote typically goes to vertebraid, very slightly spaced out, 3mm and 8 wrap if you can fit it.

And for pure ease of use, I'd go to 24g 316L normal round wire, spaced. But that's no fun.

Really just depends on how used to working with SS in tc you are/she is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I can vouch for the 26X3 SS Vertebraid.
I bought 5' for testing when ordering some Clapton wire.
Just got around to a 6/7 wrap @ 3mm @ .17 Ohms for a Merlin and it rocks.
Pushing 50W @ 450 degrees on a small Pressa 75 seems like no stress.
Solid w/TC and looks like it will last forever.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol. I actually DO ride. I have a dirt bike right now and the bike me and my nephew went in on, he rides because his car is wack and it's a little too high up for me. I don't belong to any clubs though. I grew up riding motorcycles. My dad always had one and we always had a dirt bike.

Then you know what to do.. ;)

c40764038329e74b1e2836d9d23821d6.jpg

AXIOM_1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
lol. You remembered. You still making wine? :)

More than ever .... I am just finishing the 3rd stage of a batch of dandelion wine so it will be drinkable any time........ It is a very clear white wine with a slight tint of yellow and it tastes spectacular for being a simple country wine............ I picked loads of dandelions for about 2 solid weeks this spring..... I picked so many of them I thought I was going to put my back out....arrg...... Oh well,I will have some dandelion wine for the cold winter months that will remind me of the nice and warm summer months...... I have also been doing lots of apple and grape wines.....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More than ever .... I am just finishing the 3rd stage of a batch of dandelion wine so it will be drinkable any time........ It is a very clear white wine with a slight tint of yellow and it tastes spectacular for being a simple country wine............ I picked loads of dandelions for about 2 solid weeks this spring..... I picked so many of them I thought I was going to put my back out....arrg...... Oh well,I will have some dandelion wine for the cold winter months that will remind me of the nice and warm summer months...... I have also been doing lots apple and grape wines.....
Remember when my grandmother made dandelion wine, delicious....:vino:

AXIOM_1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Remember when my grandmother made dandelion wine, delicious....:vino:

yeah, I am a pretty seasoned winemaker and have never made dandelion wine b4 ...... I usually make rose's or red wines from fruits..... But I decided to try a white wine and went for dandelions............ I see we have loads of elderberry's coming on and so I am going to make a rose' (light red) wine which ought to be a pretty good wine as well.......... I have been making 50 gallons at a time because I got tired of messing around with the smaller 5 gallon batches.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
More than ever .... I am just finishing the 3rd stage of a batch of dandelion wine so it will be drinkable any time........ It is a very clear white wine with a slight tint of yellow and it tastes spectacular for being a simple country wine............ I picked loads of dandelions for about 2 solid weeks this spring..... I picked so many of them I thought I was going to put my back out....arrg...... Oh well,I will have some dandelion wine for the cold winter months that will remind me of the nice and warm summer months...... I have also been doing lots of apple and grape wines.....
Wow that's awesome! I bet it tastes delish. Love my wines. :)

AXIOM_1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Wow that's awesome! I bet it tastes delish. Love my wines. :)
Yeah, it may sound like I am a lush ( I probably am) but I usually drink about a 1/2 gallon of wine per day and so 5 gallons does not last very long at all... But since I have a new 50 gallon fermenter, then I do not have to make new batches near as often.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, it may sound like I am a lush ( I probably am) but I usually drink about a 1/2 gallon of wine per day and so 5 gallons does not last very long at all... But since I have a new 50 gallon fermenter, then I do not have to make new batches near as often.
I'm sure it doesn't have the alcohol content store bought wine has though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors