Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
About how many online vape sources - in your experience - have stopped shipping to Arkansas?

Thus far, Vapor Beast, Eciggity, Madvapes, Kidney Puncher, Mount Baker... oh, and Arkansas Eliquid Co.

Shawn, any luck with hardware? I was told by someone else who lives there that the law only applies to liquids, not hardware. Mind you she has had to beat more than one place into submission - including MBV - to get them to send out gear only, but it has been done.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shawn, any luck with hardware? I was told by someone else who lives there that the law only applies to liquids, not hardware. Mind you she has had to beat more than one place into submission - including MBV - to get them to send out gear only, but it has been done.
I've been told that it can be done, but most places just have the online ordering locked down for AR. S'okay... most times, there are other vendors willing to ship... I've only missed out on a couple deals. VaporBeast and Eciggity are the ones that really hurt...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
From IG
bc977d495fd864db38d61b1d29751d9b.png

Sweet. :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hate it when shit like that doesn't work right

Just now, I tried to use the "since my last cigarette" banner, and VU won't display it at all -- though I've seen it in other people's sigs! ARGH! :gaah:

Happy Monday, fugee peeps. First day of my third year smoke-free. :D

Andria

PS; and yes, GFYs, merrily!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They are a direct dealer for Xtar - and it's the only thing they sell there - so the pricing is very competitive. The shipping was always cheap - only $3.00 no matter what - but they changed to free shipping last year and there it stays!

If any of you want full technical and feature charger reviews - Xtar and otherwise - that would be here:

http://www.lygte-info.dk/info/indexBatteriesAndChargers UK.html

He breaks down all his reviews into: Features first, all the gory technical test data, summary at the very end. If the technical data makes your eyes glaze over then read the first part with the features info and head right to the bottom of a page to read the summary and if the charger gets a pass or fail when it comes to how good a job it does.

I'll skip the tech specs, they'd just make me crosseyed in any case. From everything I've heard in the past 2.5 yrs, Xtar chargers are THE BEST, period. They can apparently even revive over-discharged batteries, which says a LOT.

I've been really happy with my Luc2 -- efest seems to make better chargers than batteries! -- but recently while charging 2 18650s at once, at 1A, the bottom of it was a bit past warm, edging into "hot" territory, which concerns me. And that Luc2 is now roughly a year old 2 yrs! old, so I'm thinking, it's time to replace it. Still lasted longer than my nitecore i4, which did the "ow that's hot!" thing when it was only a few months, with 18350s!

I use my charger as my "meter" also, to see how charged they are, so I need one with display for that info -- the VC2 would work -- but I like that the VC2 Plus tells you actually how long it will take to charge, that's awesome! For $22, yeah, that's the one I'll get.

Andria

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's just never been a problem for me

I was going to try to squonk in TC once but gave up on the idea. If something aint broke, why should I fix it?

The only answer I can think of for that is, curiosity? That's really the only reason I'm willing to get some SS wire and try it out with my new CF4-18650 -- heard so many good things about SS wire, I'm curious. That was why I tried it with titanium, though I had to actually buy a TC mod specifically, for that experiment -- and then had to sell it, since the Evic-VT won't do wattage vaping properly. I already have the Cf4-18650, and it does wattage vaping just fine... but I'm still curious. At least with this, I may not be out anything, or at least not very much -- I could still use the SS wire for wattage vaping, if I still don't care for TC, would just need a lot more wraps.

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TC is the ONLY way to fly on squonkers.
Not getting enough vapor? Squonk a bit.
BTW the Disguiser squonk kit will REALLY pump some juice. You could run a 40mm Mason on it.
why?

I don't TC squat.
I'm gonna have to agree with Lucy on this. I found the "mech" squonk vape just as good, if not better. I like it so much I traded my DNA200 for one of them

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Afternoon folks! Hope yall are having a decent Monday.

Getting a whole new batch of stuff in to test as well as some mods! Got a triade for cheap to replace my grievously wounded reuleaux. Picked up a griffin 25 mini, a lemo 3, and got a mage, modfather, and sapor rta on the way in. Thinking about picking up a therion or a vt75 to round things out before 8/8.

So far the only things to arrive are the griffin 25 mini and the triade. I've really started disliking geekvape as of late but I gotta be honest, the mini has the best performance of any product geekvape has released. At least for me. Anyway ramble complete, I hope everyone has a good week and keeps on keeping on. And don't be caught on Robert's lawn! He's been a crabby alien of late. I suspect his communications equipment is having issues and he can't watch his alien soap operas from the home planet...the suspense about whether or not Xak'fh and Zwtfh are long lost twins is getting to him..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's just never been a problem for me

I was going to try to squonk in TC once but gave up on the idea. If something aint broke, why should I fix it?

*grinning* She don't TC squat. I would wager she don't PC squat either. *grinning*

I am learning to avoid dry hits as well. You get one or two, knowledge comes wrapped up in a taste. This taste leaves you thinking, "I better squonk or the next one will be a dry hit." Finding the Velocity style decks for the 22mm model hold ~1 to 2 ml of juice besides ~ 0.5 ml in the wick. More often than not for me, I over squonk and get some out of the sides.

It is a bit of a learning process to squonk without temp control, or regulated mods. Imho, it is a process worth undertaking. Pulled out some aged Strawberry Shine, a juice I crafted the recipe. Figured it would have been a lot harsher than even the Hawk Sauce, which is getting rough on me from the menthol. I got fooled. Strawberry Shine was rather yummy. The extreme ice flavoring was not too much on me.

Strawberry Shine

Strawberry 5%
Watermelon 3%
Extreme Ice 0.5%

Think all the flavorings were TFA, adjust your own nicotine and PG/VG ratios to suit.

Wife's BIL has a modest mixing kit. I do not mix up much and usually pass him a recipe to let him mix. I don' use his stuff despite him telling me it is acceptable. Kind of one those things. Rather just pass him the recipe. Lets me spare a bit of hassle.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm gonna have to agree with Lucy on this. I found the "mech" squonk vape just as good, if not better. I like it so much I traded my DNA200 for one of them

Our founder and President of Singe the nostril hair regrowing company. :) "I like it so much, I bought the company!" :crazy::giggle::giggle::crazy: :bliss:"Tra La La Laa Laa ..." :bliss:

Sorry. Yes, I am insane at times. Y'all need to learn to live with it. We did, all 25 of me. ;) :)

But yes, I agree. Using a mechanical imho puts regulated mods to shame. You need to learn to build nice coils. No, they don't need to be anywhere near @raymo2u 's super artistic coils to do a good job. It might be nice if you can do that quality in building coils.

I'm not disrespecting that artistry at all. I am saying it is not needed to get to that point to have enjoyable vaping with mechanicals. Nicely built coils do well enough. They do not need to be super models. Do though take a little time in building them, getting them looking nice.

I had to fiddle a little with mine here today on the deck. One from a pair of dual coils was heating faster, better than the other. I kind of noticed it when changing wicks to change flavors. I tried not changing wicks and found it works better, for me, to change them. Wife also noticed it setting back across the room. "One's getting hotter," she told me.

Out came the needle nosed pliers, the mandrel. Took me about two to five minutes and I squared them away. They both fire very near in time with another. Both attaining a warm glow evenly. I went back to Hawk Sauce finding the coils being dry fired helped clear some lingering gunk. The juice when vaped tasted more mellow, better. :)

My coils? Two 28 awg Kanthal parallel wrapped 5 and a quarter turn round 3 mm diameter mandrel. Steam Engine site says each should be hitting at about 0.6 ohms, figured with 2 it would be about 1.2 ohms net. They're hitting like champs. :cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud:

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Once you get a good feel for your squonk set up, you don't have to think about it at all

I hate fidgeting with mods and attys. I just want to vape. Squonking gives me the best results with least amount of hassle.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Our founder and President of Singe the nostril hair regrowing company. :) "I like it so much, I bought the company!" :crazy::giggle::giggle::crazy: :bliss:"Tra La La Laa Laa ..." :bliss:

Sorry. Yes, I am insane at times. Y'all need to learn to live with it. We did, all 25 of me. ;) :)
If there's one thing that drives me insane (other than stupidity) it's nose hair. I've debated shoving a Epilady up my snout

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Once you get a good feel for your squonk set up, you don't have to think about it at all

I hate fidgeting with mods and attys. I just want to vape. Squonking gives me the best results with least amount of hassle.
I hate screwing around with tanks too...squonking unconsciously, never a dry hit...fuck the temperature control.... :confetti:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, love my Coppervapes, but I also got a Dripbox 160 and a Disguiser plus the squonk kit to try out. The mods arrived today, earlier than expected. Not gonna play with 'em tonight but initial thoughts are for squonking I think the Kanger will be better than the Movkin. Lighter, slightly smaller, feels more natural in my hands. Also seems maybe a little better quality wise to me. So anyone contemplating a regulated dual battery squonker, keep that in mind.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
why?

I don't TC squat.
Why?
No dry or burned hits if you forget to squonk.
My main reason for not liking drippers.
With SS coil and TC working. No dry or burned hits.
Vapor drops just squonk a bit and all is well again.
Drippers or squonkers is the only place I see a valid benefit from TC.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To me dripping are only good is only good for testing juice.
Squonkers are much better where you only have to squank at regular times or get a dry or burned hit.
Still have to fill a bottle/tank every now and again. Just not as often as with a RTA. However generally more trouble to refill than an RTA.
Not an instant love thing with Squonkers for me.
Ok but not wonderful.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
To me dripping are only good is only good for testing juice.
Squonkers are much better where you only have to squank at regular times or get a dry or burned hit.
Still have to fill a bottle/tank every now and again. Just not as often as with a RTA. However generally more trouble to refill than an RTA.
Not an instant love thing with Squonkers for me.
Ok but not wonderful.

What is your squonk set up that that is creating a problem with dry hits ?

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, question for any battery experts out there. I may have (did) over discharged one of my 25Rs a bit. Actually my XTAR VC4 initially showed it as 0v, but after just a couple minutes it is reading just above 3.5v, so it couldn't have truly been much lower than 3.5, right? Also back to 3.5 with less than 100mAh going into it, so again, I'm not sure it was quite as low as it looked at first.

Hmmm, in retrospect, maybe before throwing it on the charger I should have put it in one of my regulated mods just to see what I would get. Oh well. Point being, what potential harm is there to using this battery going forward? Might have shortened it's lifespan a touch, but could I have actually done any damage?

Short version: That scenario doesn't make any sense. If the battery was truly flat lined it would not have bounced from 0 volts to 3.5 volts "after just a couple minutes". It would have taken hours - if the battery could be recovered at all - to recover a flat lined battery.

I tend to suspect it was actually at 3.5 volts to begin with and you had a poor or intermittent contact problem between the battery and the contacts on the charger. Even the cleanest looking batteries some times have to be 'worked' before they make good contact in a charger.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's the first thing that goes after retirement?....:)
Umm getting up early in the morning?

What amazes me about retirement is how many people that retired and went back to work tell me they just got bored...
And expect the same to happen to me.

Apparently they had no hobbies or interests aside from work.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Got a new keyboard. It's nice having all the letters visible, I must say. :D I give it... hmm.. 90 days, and I'll be having to label the keys -- before Halloween.

Andria

You actually look at the keys? I haven't seen an e, a, s, l, n or m on my keyboard in years. (c, d, v and o are on their way out too.) The only time I notice them missing is if I actually... look.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You actually look at the keys? I haven't seen an e, a, s, l, n or m on my keyboard in years. (c, d, v and o are on their way out too.) The only time I notice them missing is if I actually... look.

Yes, when I make a typo, then I look. If the letters aren't showing, that makes correcting typos a lot harder.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How can I get bored being retired.
I have Lucy to give a hard time about squanking and such.

But truthfully I used SS tc for the first time after regular squonking for a while.
Tried TC and like it much better for squanking.
Never expect to fool with TC in tanks or any TI or NI stuff.

Now I am not sure whether to get one of those Chester Copperbottom squankers or not.....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

But truthfully I used SS tc for the first time after regular squonking for a while.
I haven't either, haven't took the time to figure out the software. Not sure I'm missing anything though, can't remember the last time I had a dry hit, even using my nude nicotine molasses 100% VG.

May try it when I retire Bob.......:giggle:

Yur exactly right about folks retiring then going back to work. The only thing I can think of is a lack of hobbies too.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Now I am not sure whether to get one of those Chester Copperbottom squankers or not.....
By the way, what are you using for TC....DNA product or different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors