Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I truly believe if you want it to rain, start the BBQ, rain just waits for a BBQ to start....:giggle:

Of course. Just like, back in the smoking days, if you wanted a bus to come, or the waitress to hurry up and bring the meal, just light up a smoke. Worked everytime. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My furry friends who let me live with them would never forgive me if I were to collar them under any circumstance

Dr. Edgar Balzak would probably tolerate it, he is a size-giant moron

But Girlfriend and Rosebud would feel betrayed and I don't know if I could live with their disdain

We used to keep a flea collar on Tuxie, but she's apparently developed an allergy; the last one had de-furred her throat and rubbed several raw sores before we noticed, so that had to go; let it heal and the hair grow back, and got some of that stuff to put on the back of her head, so she walked around looking greasy for a few days. :D Back to her normal lovely self now.

Gack... mail just ran.... highest electric bill we've ever had here, thx to this horrible hot summer. :mad:

Andria

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Surprisingly the doc didnt say anything about diet. Nothing about salt or cholesterol or caffeine. I too had to go before they would let me get up so I made the ex hold it and the bottle for me while I layed in bed and went. I wasnt allowed to stand or even sit up for four hours after they put me in the room.

I went from taking nothing a day to now having to take 7 meds a day which is gonna be hard for me. I never was one who could take medicine daily nor on time but I was strictly warned that one of them that I take twice a day, if I miss just one dosage it could kill me.

The biggest problem I am having now is shortness of breath. The discharge papers said to immediately seek medical attention if that happened so I called the doc and let him know about it. He said one of the meds might be causing it and if it got worse to go to the ER. I quit smoking two years ago and didnt have any shortness of breath anymore. Now if i do anything I am experiencing it. The doc is going to have to change the meds around or find out what is causing it. No way I can return to work being out of breath anytime I do the slightest thing.
SOP with stents is a blood thinner, which you gotta take to avoid forming clots around them which could cause a heart attack or stroke. That was my two-a-day drug. Takes a little getting used to, taking meds on a schedule, but incorporating with normal routines helps. But SEVEN meds?? What the hell did they put you on?

The shortness of breath thing ain't right. You should feel no worse than you did before, and maybe even better. Get that shit straightened out with the doc right away.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got my BF pins from fatdaddy. First one needs a bit more filing, but it works fucking great
6a58d1e3528b544eddae8400c469a8b9.jpg
Spanky...what size pin did you get?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm wondering if this godawful heat and humidity might also be playing a role with the shortness of breath; I've noticed a pretty major worsening of my asthma lately, and I know that's why, it always gets worse in late summer, though I don't smoke anymore -- did the same the last 2 yrs, though I was smoke-free.

I don't think my asthma is actually worse since I quit smoking; I think what's happened is that now I don't have those *masking* chemicals, I actually notice my asthma, though when I smoked, it never bothered me much unless I had a cold -- but I had all that junk to cough up constantly, which now I don't.

I think it's probably even hotter and more humid in LA where chopdoc is.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've finally figured out how to deal with my goofy banner -- it's got some weird algorithm going on, so that everytime it's midnight GMT (england), it advances a day, though it leaves the hours alone -- so every night at 7pm, the day advances, and I have to go back to the banner page and set it for the day AFTER I actually started being smoke-free, to make the count right. Then the next day, I have to set it back to the right day. Infuriating.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
SOP with stents is a blood thinner, which you gotta take to avoid forming clots around them which could cause a heart attack or stroke. That was my two-a-day drug. Takes a little getting used to, taking meds on a schedule, but incorporating with normal routines helps. But SEVEN meds?? What the hell did they put you on?

The shortness of breath thing ain't right. You should feel no worse than you did before, and maybe even better. Get that shit straightened out with the doc right away.

The list!

Brilintra, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril, Metoprolol, Amlodipine Lipitor and one baby asprin a day.

Two of those side effects is shortness of breath. I am sure with time those meds will be adjusted and changed around and next week I see the cardiologist and if I am still having shortness of breath he will have to do something. For now I feel like I am still smoking 3 packs a day.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The list!

Brilintra, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril, Metoprolol, Amlodipine Lipitor and one baby asprin a day.

Two of those side effects is shortness of breath. I am sure with time those meds will be adjusted and changed around and next week I see the cardiologist and if I am still having shortness of breath he will have to do something. For now I feel like I am still smoking 3 packs a day.

My husband takes Lisinopril, has no shortness of breath, so it's probably not that one. When they needed to add a second one, they added Atenolol, so you might ask about that.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm wondering if this godawful heat and humidity might also be playing a role with the shortness of breath; I've noticed a pretty major worsening of my asthma lately, and I know that's why, it always gets worse in late summer, though I don't smoke anymore -- did the same the last 2 yrs, though I was smoke-free.

I don't think my asthma is actually worse since I quit smoking; I think what's happened is that now I don't have those *masking* chemicals, I actually notice my asthma, though when I smoked, it never bothered me much unless I had a cold -- but I had all that junk to cough up constantly, which now I don't.

I think it's probably even hotter and more humid in LA where chopdoc is.

Andria

I am staying inside in the A/C. Actually not allowed outside damnit :(

I think it has to do with what they done because i didnt have any shortness of breath before the operation but do now and I wasnt on the new meds long enough to have a side effect.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got a black Goon on the lostvape, .17 SS from @raymo2u ....damn what a fine vape.

Replaced the stock bottle with an Italian bottle, fits perfectly. This is one bad ass dna 200 mod for 200 bucks!!

Where yall getting these soft italian bottles from? The vapeflask squonk I have the bottle is as hard as a rock and makes squonking a pain in the ass at times.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am staying inside in the A/C. Actually not allowed outside damnit :(

I think it has to do with what they done because i didnt have any shortness of breath before the operation but do now and I wasnt on the new meds long enough to have a side effect.

I go outside as little as possible -- to get the mail, or if we need to go to the store -- but even so, my asthma ALWAYS goes nuts this time of year. Always. And this year is no exception, despite now being 2 yrs smoke-free. It's got to be the humidity, which the AC does a valiant job of removing, but given the amount of it... it's a losing battle.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Juice...I can't believe I waited so long to get the Goons bottom fed, damn these are asskicking attys...!!

Just coiled the TI Goon with @raymo2u infamous clapton's, .25 ohm at 90 watts this baby sings flavor,

Just ordered two more Goons.....:vino:....I can see these attys replacing every damn one I have.....:giggle:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Juice...I can't believe I waited so long to get the Goons bottom fed, damn these are asskicking attys...!!

It was driving me crazy ... and I'm not the one who was missing out on such a great vape!

Glad you are liking it - I was going to feel like a real heel if you didn't, lol

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The list!

The Brilinta and Lisinopril are the suspects for your symptoms. Discovered I was allergic to Lisinopril when they gave it to me in the hospital - started breaking out with mild hives, so that got nixed. The Brilinta, metoprolol, Lipitor (atorvastatin) and asprin was my regimen. IIRC, the metoprolol is a beta-blocker to help lower your BP, also slows your heart rate. Not sure why they're doubling down with the Lisinopril, 'cause it's effectively doing the same thing, though it's an ACE inhibitor and acts a little differently. Same with the Amlodipine..

Definitely get to the cardiologist as soon as you can and review the options. You shouldn't have to deal with feeling like crap as a result of the meds. You're going to be stuck with at least a couple of them for the long term, so getting this right is muy importante!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My husband takes Lisinopril, has no shortness of breath, so it's probably not that one. When they needed to add a second one, they added Atenolol, so you might ask about that.

@chopdoc ... on 2nd thought... I seem to recall that my ex told me that he had some kind of allergic response to Lisinopril, and had to use a different med -- you might be having a similar problem with it.

Andria

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Andria
Reactions to meds vary, plus @chopdoc is on a slew of stuff that may not be playing nice with each other. { My money's on the Lisinopril. ;) }
Atenolol and metoprolol are variations on the same theme: beta-blocker. My oldest was on Atenolol before they discovered her hyperthyroidism, as her BP and heart rate were excessively elevated for an otherwise healthy high school-aged girl..

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Brilinta and Lisinopril are the suspects for your symptoms. Discovered I was allergic to Lisinopril when they gave it to me in the hospital - started breaking out with mild hives, so that got nixed. The Brilinta, metoprolol, Lipitor (atorvastatin) and asprin was my regimen. IIRC, the metoprolol is a beta-blocker to help lower your BP, also slows your heart rate. Not sure why they're doubling down with the Lisinopril, 'cause it's effectively doing the same thing, though it's an ACE inhibitor and acts a little differently. Same with the Amlodipine..

Definitely get to the cardiologist as soon as you can and review the options. You shouldn't have to deal with feeling like crap as a result of the meds. You're going to be stuck with at least a couple of them for the long term, so getting this right is muy importante!

Sometimes hypertension does need "double barrelled" meds -- my husband did great at first on just Lisinopril, but after a year or two, his BP started drifting back up, and they added Atenolol, which corrected it. Who knows. I use a doubler-barrel approach with my asthma too; 500/50 Advair in the AM (noonish usually), and a different long-acting bronchodilator/steroid at night, called Dulera. It helps me to do it that way because of my cramping issue, especially if I get too much salmeterol, which is in Advair.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:giggle: After seeing this $216 electric bill, my husband has been measuring plastic sheeting and cardboard strips to staple it up over the windows, and just started with the staple-gun... my cat is wigging out! :giggle: Hiding under my desk, but she may go hide in the cat cave. :D

Andria

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Sometimes hypertension does need "double barrelled" meds -- my husband did great at first on just Lisinopril, but after a year or two, his BP started drifting back up, and they added Atenolol, which corrected it. Who knows. I use a doubler-barrel approach with my asthma too; 500/50 Advair in the AM (noonish usually), and a different long-acting bronchodilator/steroid at night, called Dulera. It helps me to do it that way because of my cramping issue, especially if I get too much salmeterol, which is in Advair.
True, sometimes both barrels are necessary. ;) Odd though that it's two beta-blockers AND an ACE inhibitor. I've heard of covering the bases, but..dayuuhm! :giggle:
After seeing this $216 electric bill
Are you on a one-month or two-month billing? That's well below our average for two months, up here where electricity is (supposed to be) cheap.

Drop some Dimetap in the cat food. That'll calm 'em down. :rolleyes:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
True, sometimes both barrels are necessary. ;) Odd though that it's two beta-blockers AND an ACE inhibitor. I've heard of covering the bases, but..dayuuhm! :giggle:

Are you on a one-month or two-month billing? That's well below our average for two months, up here where electricity is (supposed to be) cheap.

That's just one month. Previously, the highest had been $169, a couple yrs ago. Hopefully, the plastic on the windows will keep it from being over $200 next month! And we may need some weatherstripping around the front door.

Don't have any dimetapp, and the cat's daddy would kill me if I put anything in his precious darling's food. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

They been playing with my meds for over a month trying to get my blood pressure under control. I was on Benicar and one of the beta blockers with the baby asprin and it still stayed around 170/100 with an upper 90 to 100 pulse. Now its 126/82 with a 75 pulse. The fucked up part is I been light headed today with heart burn this afternoon and I seldom if ever have heart burn but been belching pizza burps so I am sure it is heart burn. The light headedness i can do without as well as the shortness of breath.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They been playing with my meds for over a month trying to get my blood pressure under control. I was on Benicar and one of the beta blockers with the baby asprin and it still stayed around 170/100 with an upper 90 to 100 pulse. Now its 126/82 with a 75 pulse. The fucked up part is I been light headed today with heart burn this afternoon and I seldom if ever have heart burn but been belching pizza burps so I am sure it is heart burn. The light headedness i can do without as well as the shortness of breath.

Pulse rate sometimes doesn't mean a whole lot; because of the asthma meds I take, my *resting* pulse is always 85-100 -- and I have low-to-medium BP! I'm also VERY prone to syncope (fainting for little if any real cause), and when one of those spells hits, I can feel my pulse just going NUTS.

But I agree, neither the light-headedness nor the shortness of breath is good, and should be evaluated very carefully. But Drs of course are just practicing -- it sometimes feels like they're just poking at things to see what will happen!

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors