ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn, I so much want you to get feeling better. :( The 170/100 thing, yeah, that's not good. 126/82, now we're in the range of normal. :) {My last checkup was 124/72, pulse of 60 - and I had been off the meds for going on over a month. My personal record was 199/126 several years ago when I had an episode of A-Fib.}
The light-headedness may actually be somewhat normal: your body got used to working with the elevated pressure and now it's not there. Definitely another note to have to check on with the cardiologist.
Where you suffering from acid reflux/heartburn before this all started? I noticed one of your meds is supposed to help with that.

My cardiologist is a young middle eastern guy that is hard to understand so I didnt really talk with him after the procedure much. I know he put the stint on the left side of the heart and had to actually make a stint for me. The largest stint they have is 4 mm. My artery required one that is 5.5 mm. Why so large I donno but the blood is flowing at full volume on the left side now. The doc told my mom and ex that the right side of my heart was in bad shape with blockages of 30 to 40 percent. Did he do angioplasty or not, I dont know that either. Will ask him next week when I see him but my heart is moving a lot more blood now than before which can explain the light headedness plus the meds thinning the blood is taking effect which also can be attributing to it. Before even thinking of returning to work he is going to have to address the shortness of breath and light headedness as well as constant tiredness I been experiencing. Couple times tonight I felt like something wasnt right and was real tired. All this could be post op symptoms and will go away in time.

Before this I never really had any problems with acid reflux or heart burn. I could probably count on two hands the amount of times in my life I needed a rolaid or tums or sumptin like that so I dont know why he put me on the med for stomach acid but been having heart burn all afternoon and tonight so maybe he foreseen something.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My cardiologist is a young middle eastern guy that is hard to understand so I didnt really talk with him after the procedure much. I know he put the stint on the left side of the heart and had to actually make a stint for me. The largest stint they have is 4 mm. My artery required one that is 5.5 mm. Why so large I donno but the blood is flowing at full volume on the left side now. The doc told my mom and ex that the right side of my heart was in bad shape with blockages of 30 to 40 percent. Did he do angioplasty or not, I dont know that either. Will ask him next week when I see him but my heart is moving a lot more blood now than before which can explain the light headedness plus the meds thinning the blood is taking effect which also can be attributing to it. Before even thinking of returning to work he is going to have to address the shortness of breath and light headedness as well as constant tiredness I been experiencing. Couple times tonight I felt like something wasnt right and was real tired. All this could be post op symptoms and will go away in time.

Before this I never really had any problems with acid reflux or heart burn. I could probably count on two hands the amount of times in my life I needed a rolaid or tums or sumptin like that so I dont know why he put me on the med for stomach acid but been having heart burn all afternoon and tonight so maybe he foreseen something.

You do have people there to help keep an eye out for you, right?

(just a friendly worry on your behalf :) )

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Well Doc, hopefully you'll be fine...can only get better, right?. Just glad they did find the cause.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You do have people there to help keep an eye out for you, right?

(just a friendly worry on your behalf :) )

Yep, my mom lives on my property and the ex is using this as a way to worm herself back in. :D Her bossiness irritates me but I know she is looking out for me. Had to tell her to drop it when she launched into a rant on not vaping earlier.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well Doc, hopefully you'll be fine...can only get better, right?. Just glad they did find the cause.
Im very glad it worked out the way it did. Last Monday the doc was talking about cutting me loose because the stress test and echocardiogram didnt show any problems. Only when I informed him I would need a full release as well as a full description of what he did and the results did he realize it was in HIS best interest to look deeper. If he would of cut me loose and I went and did that fitness assessment that work is requiring me to do, I would of had a very high chance of having a heart attack during it. Chest pains from doing it in June is what started all this.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im very glad it worked out the way it did. Last Monday the doc was talking about cutting me loose because the stress test and echocardiogram didnt show any problems. Only when I informed him I would need a full release as well as a full description of what he did and the results did he realize it was in HIS best interest to look deeper. If he would of cut me loose and I went and did that fitness assessment that work is requiring me to do, I would of had a very high chance of having a heart attack during it. Chest pains from doing it in June is what started all this.
Indeed, you were one of the lucky ones. My father died at 55 from a massive heart attack. Mine is fine. One never knows though.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yep, my mom lives on my property and the ex is using this as a way to worm herself back in. :D Her bossiness irritates me but I know she is looking out for me. Had to tell her to drop it when she launched into a rant on not vaping earlier.

Quitting vaping would be stressful and so should not be in the equation

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Indeed, you were one of the lucky ones. My father died at 55 from a massive heart attack. Mine is fine. One never knows though.
My father had his first heart attack at around 54 to 55. He died at 63 of heart failure. So far I know I had chest pains but can not say for fact I had a heart attack which is good, I dont have to under go the extra scrutiny from that with my pilots license.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Quitting vaping would be stressful and so should not be in the equation

She has a bad problem with being bossy which is one of the many reason why she is an ex plus she is in cohoots with my mom under the guise of "my best interest". So for the time being I am biting my tongue to a point. Yet when she started riding my ass about vaping today I had to tell her to drop it or else and she knows the or else will be get out!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Always pay for a boat appraisal.....you never know what they might be trying to hide.

Main thing I been holding out for is a boat with a trailer but the more I look the less likely I know I will find a decent boat with a trailer at a decent price. I want to have the ability to take my boat out of the water and tow it to my house when I want instead of having it docked all year. It is a lot easier to keep the hull clean and fix all the little gremlins when you can tow the boat home anytime your not using it.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
She has a bad problem with being bossy which is one of the many reason why she is an ex plus she is in cohoots with my mom under the guise of "my best interest". So for the time being I am biting my tongue to a point. Yet when she started riding my ass about vaping today I had to tell her to drop it or else and she knows the or else will be get out!

I can't blame you there!

My Mr. has had a few surgeries and invasive procedures the last few years and I can't tell you how many times he said he was "just fine" and wasn't.

If he was alone a few of those times it could have gotten nasty if I hadn't been there :)

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My electric bill is 200 bucks a month in the summer to keep the house at 76-77 degrees....winter $50 bucks, half that is tax.....:(

77 degrees feels like a refrigerator when it's 110 degrees outside.....:xD:
Hey, I was grown in Utah early on in life. We had swamp coolers, not AC. But yeah, anything that creates that much of a temp differential feels like heaven when you walk into it.
Up here in the PNW, it's a different climate. Winter is the worst, energy usage-wise, running the lights and heat. Most houses don't have central AC.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't blame you there!

My Mr. has had a few surgeries and invasive procedures the last few years and I can't tell you how many times he said he was "just fine" and wasn't.

If he was alone a few of those times it could have gotten nasty if I hadn't been there :)

I been with mine on and off for 29 years now. Never said i do and never will. If she wouldnt of strayed we wouldnt of been apart but after that many years together there are things that you just trust someone with where you wouldnt trust anyone else, no matter what they did to fuck things up. The ex I can trust to come stay in my house when I am gone two weeks at a time and take care of my animals where i wouldnt trust anyone else to do that. I know she still loves me but I can only take so much drama before its time for her to go to her home.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey, I was grown in Utah early on in life. We had swamp coolers, not AC. But yeah, anything that creates that much of a temp differential feels like heaven when you walk into it.
Up here in the PNW, it's a different climate. Winter is the worst, energy usage-wise, running the lights and heat. Most houses don't have central AC.
Household air conditioners really didnt become a common household item until the 60's. Today people think its torture to live without one.

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

There has to be something going on, because my cardiologist is of Indian descent. Last name is Kalyanasundaram. Even his staff refer to him as "Dr. K." :teehee: No problems with language with him though, and I really like him for being a straight-shooter.

You gots some ginormous arteries there! Of the three I had put in, I think the biggest was 3.5mm. The card with the specs for them is in my wallet.

Trust me, make a list of all the issues and concerns you're having and take it with you to your appointment. Make sure that you go over each one with him and be clear on getting them answered and addressed. Take somebody with you if you can and have them sit in on the meeting. Two sets of ears can be way better than just yours.

Re-check the side-effects of your meds: I'm wondering if one of them is known for causing acid reflux and that's why they gave you the med to counter it.
Not to scare you, because I think it's not related at all, but when I was having my heart attack the best description I could give of it was really bad heartburn. None of the other classic heart attack symptoms. I presented so oddly that when they did the EKG in the ER, everyone was doing double-takes between the strip and me with this rather confused look on their face. The ER doc, on looking at the strip, pronounced "Well, it looks like you're having a heart attack... uhm, uhh.. Yeah, you are having a heart attack." :teehee:

You're a lucky guy, and even though there some gettin' through the gettin' through right now, I'm wishing you a speedy recovery and return to normal livin'!!

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Household air conditioners really didnt become a common household item until the 60's. Today people think its torture to live without one.
That's when I was growing up, the 60's. Room AC units where a luxury; central AC was almost unheard of unless you were filthy rich. Us poor middlin' folk relied on the ol' swamp cooler, and we was happy for it! I still remember helping Dad in the Spring going out to take the cover off the swamp cooler, rinsing out the screens, cleaning out the sump, checking the blower belt and motor, and making sure the water feed and valves were all working right.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There has to be something going on, because my cardiologist is of Indian descent. Last name is Kalyanasundaram. Even his staff refer to him as "Dr. K." :teehee: No problems with language with him though, and I really like him for being a straight-shooter.

You gots some ginormous arteries there! Of the three I had put in, I think the biggest was 3.5mm. The card with the specs for them is in my wallet.

Trust me, make a list of all the issues and concerns you're having and take it with you to your appointment. Make sure that you go over each one with him and be clear on getting them answered and addressed. Take somebody with you if you can and have them sit in on the meeting. Two sets of ears can be way better than just yours.

Re-check the side-effects of your meds: I'm wondering if one of them is known for causing acid reflux and that's why they gave you the med to counter it.
Not to scare you, because I think it's not related at all, but when I was having my heart attack the best description I could give of it was really bad heartburn. None of the other classic heart attack symptoms. I presented so oddly that when they did the EKG in the ER, everyone was doing double-takes between the strip and me with this rather confused look on their face. The ER doc, on looking at the strip, pronounced "Well, it looks like you're having a heart attack... uhm, uhh.. Yeah, you are having a heart attack." :teehee:

You're a lucky guy, and even though there some gettin' through the gettin' through right now, I'm wishing you a speedy recovery and return to normal livin'!!

I am very lucky count my blessings all the time. Guy I know who use to be a mentor to me one time told me I was the only person he knew who could fall into a pile of shit and come out smelling like a rose every time and once again he was proven right.

And your right, I got to get through the gettin through and take it one step at a time now. Hopefully soon this ordeal will be behind me.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

This actually is very, very good advice - it's easy to forget to ask or forget the answers when you are in the middle of a health crisis

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

steepinggiant.com , but they were the only vendor that had them in stock at the time.

Google COV wraith and you may be able to find a better deal

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
This actually is very, very good advice - it's easy to forget to ask or forget the answers when you are in the middle of a health crisis
Learned through experience. We get so busy in our own heads with trying to figger stuff out that we don't really listen. I took care of my aunt when she had a hip replacement and problems with stenosis that was buggering up her back and legs. I went to every appointment with her.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The older they are the better they're built, as we both know.

Nice boat too......:confetti:

The Mrs. and I fell in love with the Beneteau First 25's back in the very early 90's. Beneteau laid glass for a smaller entry level boat, then went ahead and put the same hardware pretty much on it, as they were using on the much more expensive boats. We had to sail, but being at least an hour from water truly big enough to enjoy sailing on, meant having to pay dockage or trailering. Expensive or impractical, hmm...

Ended up joining a "time share". You rented into a size "class". I split a 28' class summer share with a friend. Cost us each $500 for 6 guaranteed weekend 12 hour slots, and 10 guaranteed weekday 12 hour slots. Each. That was cheaper than just the price of renting a dock. AND, if you went down there and there was a boat of your class or smaller sitting unreserved or unused, you could take that one. We sailed all summer for that $500.

She loved it, once she had a couple 12oz Courage Builders. The heeling freaked her out until she had a lil buzz.. then she was like "bring it on!!"

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hope to GOD you are talking about cars or something. View attachment 57939
Guess I coulda phrased that a bit differently, but I'm talking about damn near anything. These days everything is built to be thrown away or tossed aside after a couple years. I know people who still have 40 year old refrigerators. Don't think any that you buy these days will last 40 years.

Just what exactly did you think I was talking about?:rolleyes:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you need to retire early, you can use my sailboat anytime you want.....:)

shrek_cat.jpg

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Mrs. and I fell in love with the Beneteau First 25's back in the very early 90's. Beneteau laid glass for a smaller entry level boat, then went ahead and put the same hardware pretty much on it, as they were using on the much more expensive boats. We had to sail, but being at least an hour from water truly big enough to enjoy sailing on, meant having to pay dockage or trailering. Expensive or impractical, hmm...

Ended up joining a "time share". You rented into a size "class". I split a 28' class summer share with a friend. Cost us each $500 for 6 guaranteed weekend 12 hour slots, and 10 guaranteed weekday 12 hour slots. Each. That was cheaper than just the price of renting a dock. AND, if you went down there and there was a boat of your class or smaller sitting unreserved or unused, you could take that one. We sailed all summer for that $500.

She loved it, once she had a couple 12oz Courage Builders. The heeling freaked her out until she had a lil buzz.. then she was like "bring it on!!"

I live around 30 minutes of interstate driving to where I would put a boat in at but thats really nothing to me. The practicality of being able to take the boat out of the water after a week or more of living on it is well worth the cost of a trailer to me. I googled the Beneteau 25 and they look like nice day sail boats but not what I am looking for. I want a sail boat that I can live on. Where I can fish and crab from the boat and cook them in the galley, then sail and play until night and sleep on it. To be able to do that all week long then put the boat on a trailer and take it home where I can cut the grass, do laundry, pay some bills and head back to the water would be damn near retirement living to me.
A sail boat 30 to 35 foot long would be perfect to me. Its big enough to be roomy to live on yet not too big where I cant trailer it. It would also be big enough to be able to take out in the gulf of mexico if i wish to sail to Pensacola or even one day down to the keys.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Guess I coulda phrased that a bit differently, but I'm talking about damn near anything. These days everything is built to be thrown away or tossed aside after a couple years. I know people who still have 40 year old refrigerators. Don't think any that you buy these days will last 40 years.

Just what exactly did you think I was talking about?:rolleyes:

With all the cougar talk lately, never can tell :teehee:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I live around 30 minutes of interstate driving to where I would put a boat in at but thats really nothing to me. The practicality of being able to take the boat out of the water after a week or more of living on it is well worth the cost of a trailer to me. I googled the Beneteau 25 and they look like nice day sail boats but not what I am looking for. I want a sail boat that I can live on. Where I can fish and crab from the boat and cook them in the galley, then sail and play until night and sleep on it. To be able to do that all week long then put the boat on a trailer and take it home where I can cut the grass, do laundry, pay some bills and head back to the water would be damn near retirement living to me.
A sail boat 30 to 35 foot long would be perfect to me. Its big enough to be roomy to live on yet not too big where I cant trailer it. It would also be big enough to be able to take out in the gulf of mexico if i wish to sail to Pensacola or even one day down to the keys.

Sounds fabulous! I had thoughts about doing a charter in the islands come "retirement". Running one, I mean. The Mrs. is an artful chef, I'm in for the wine pairing, we could live on the boat, spend a week here and there with fun people who are paying you to show them around. Could be a blast. Could be a headache. Guess it depends on the guests. The sailing would be cool though.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds fabulous! I had thoughts about doing a charter in the islands come "retirement". Running one, I mean. The Mrs. is an artful chef, I'm in for the wine pairing, we could live on the boat, spend a week here and there with fun people who are paying you to show them around. Could be a blast. Could be a headache. Guess it depends on the guests. The sailing would be cool though.

That would be cool except paying customers are a lot like relatives. You cant pick them and many are assholes.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If I didnt have my mom to take care of and my pets I would seriously consider selling my 10 acres and getting a camp down on lake Maurepas kinda like @Atchafalaya was wanting to do. Have a dock on the back of the camp property with my sailboat tied up to it and retire early and live cheaply. From lake Maurepas i could easily sail all the way to the gulf and enjoy either salt water or fresh water living.

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning Fugees and GFY's. I am back from vacation. Its been 10 days so i need to order more stuff before the withdraws kick in. Looking at the Glacier 3 and the VCM 2. Both the originals have always been favorites of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors