ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah lol I snapped that screen shot in his latest vid

Fuking A! Sporting the fugee shirt with a fine GFY. Knew I loved the guy. His reviews are pretty bomb. Loved him running over that one "indestructible" mod. Then, seeing that it actually was that, indestructible.

Now I need to go to Shirt Shack and get me a half dozen fugee shirts with a happy face GFY on them :) , and another half dozen with a Steven Seagull happy face :| .

Totally makes my day knowing he's fugee. :) Yep, and love you too Brother Spanky! Glad you posted the snapshot. :)

Last edited:

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
A hearty round of morning GFY's for fellow Fugees. :teehee:
Today's load-up day before heading off on our annual camping/astronomy vacay tomorrow. I'll be off the radar and the grid for the next week. Not that I don't love you guys, but there's no cell coverage where we're going, and though I could use the site wifi, I'm going to be busy with working and relaxing with the family and friends.

I'm counting on @JuicyLucy to maintain the state of decorum around here: trashy, with undertones of gutterism. :teehee:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Regulated sqounk mods seem to start around $60 and up.
the Kanger 160 squonker or that one that Lucy recently got are the 2 best cheap regulated squonker I know of.
What was that squonker again Lucy?

Yeah, I was afraid of that; that's more than I've spent for ANY mod so far -- even the custom-etched one was only $55. So... I probably won't be squonking. If there was time, without all this FDA crap, and I could wait for prices to fall, then I might be interested, but $60 just for a mod... no, too pricey for me.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
A hearty round of morning GFY's for fellow Fugees. :teehee:
Today's load-up day before heading off on our annual camping/astronomy vacay tomorrow. I'll be off the radar and the grid for the next week. Not that I don't love you guys, but there's no cell coverage where we're going, and though I could use the site wifi, I'm going to be busy with working and relaxing with the family and friends.

I'm counting on @JuicyLucy to maintain the state of decorum around here: trashy, with undertones of gutterism. :teehee:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Household air conditioners really didnt become a common household item until the 60's. Today people think its torture to live without one.

We didn't have one till the 70s, but for me it really would be torture to not have it, as I can't breathe with that much humidity in the air. Still being subject to hot flashes is another big problem, but the breathing is the main thing.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Early this morning... I had one of those "smoking dreams"... the kind where you're frantically searching for a cigarette... and it's the third one in about 10 days. Until this started, I hadn't had any smoking dreams at all, since right after I first quit, and the ones I had then, I'd feel that urge, and just grab my vape, in the dream. But these recent ones, they're all about the cigarette. :facepalm: I'm gonna be mixing this week's supply of ejuice today, and I had thought I would drop again, from 3.5mg, to 3.2mg, but with my brain giving me crap like these dreams, I'm thinking that maybe I better hang at my current level and let my brain accustom itself for a while. God knows I don't want anymore full blown cravings -- dreams are easy to deal with, just waking up... cravings are a whole 'nuther ballgame.

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugues. Think I over did it on fucking myself :D

I am sitting in a hospital bed typing this. Had an angiogram done this morning. %80 blockage on one artery. Had a stint put in. :(

How ya doing Doc? (I'm a few days behind here - just catching up.) Been there, done that - PM me if you wanner chat about post procedure stuff & meds & such.

Heart attacks some times is not what you think. You don't always end up with something that looks like a bad TeeVee improv version of symptoms, with chest clutching and dropping to the floor. The symptoms might be subtle - even with a 100% blockage going on. Glad yours was caught before it got that far.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I was afraid of that; that's more than I've spent for ANY mod so far -- even the custom-etched one was only $55. So... I probably won't be squonking. If there was time, without all this FDA crap, and I could wait for prices to fall, then I might be interested, but $60 just for a mod... no, too pricey for me.

Andria

Efun has the Kanger Dripbox starter kit for $22. I dont think it is TC and its 60 watts max but it is a squonk setup that will let you try squonking.
Knowing how very particular you are on a tight draw, if I was you I would get the BF pin for your magma and try that instead of the atty that comes with it.

I have never used this Andria, I do not have one and am not recommending it, but I will say I have many kanger products and never had any real issues with them.

http://www.efun.top/kangertech-dripbox-start-kit.html

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Woe, through the magic of Hollywood, I discovered what I will look like when I get old :eek:

View attachment 57957

It's from Wholly Weird? Don't buy it for even a penny. Those creeps got a strong aversion to speaking true. A fugee point of view? You going to be the most lovely thing you ever were, will ever be in any moment of your life. There's no strings to that either. You just going to be gorgeous no matter what, all of us will. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How ya doing Doc? (I'm a few days behind here - just catching up.) Been there, done that - PM me if you wanner chat about post procedure stuff & meds & such.

Heart attacks some times is not what you think. You don't always end up with something that looks like a bad TeeVee improv version of symptoms, with chest clutching and dropping to the floor. The symptoms might be subtle - even with a 100% blockage going on. Glad yours was caught before it got that far.
While they was putting the stint in my left arm started aching horribly and severe chest pains. I told the doc I thought I was having a heart attack and he said I wasnt and right after that a sever head ache and they told me they just gave me some nitro. I remember the doc told me to calm down and they was giving me something to help relax me and that is the last thing I knew. Woke up in a room a couple hours later.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
While they was putting the stint in my left arm started aching horribly and severe chest pains. I told the doc I thought I was having a heart attack and he said I wasnt and right after that a sever head ache and they told me they just gave me some nitro. I remember the doc told me to calm down and they was giving me something to help relax me and that is the last thing I knew. Woke up in a room a couple hours later.

And now here you are - what a saga

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Efun has the Kanger Dripbox starter kit for $22. I dont think it is TC and its 60 watts max but it is a squonk setup that will let you try squonking.
Knowing how very particular you are on a tight draw, if I was you I would get the BF pin for your magma and try that instead of the atty that comes with it.

I have never used this Andria, I do not have one and am not recommending it, but I will say I have many kanger products and never had any real issues with them.

http://www.efun.top/kangertech-dripbox-start-kit.html

Hmm... that's a good thought -- since I don't really care about TC at all except perhaps as an experiment, and 60w is 6 times what I require. :D Not a bad price at all! And I'm sure you're right, that a BF Magma would suit me far better than pretty much ANY "modern" atty. But is it actually a 60w regulated mod, or do you just get 60w constantly? As noted, that would be 6 times more than what I want, so if it can't be truly regulated like any other vw mod, then it really wouldn't suit.

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm... that's a good thought -- since I don't really care about TC at all except perhaps as an experiment, and 60w is 6 times what I require. :D Not a bad price at all! And I'm sure you're right, that a BF Magma would suit me far better than pretty much ANY "modern" atty. But is it actually a 60w regulated mod, or do you just get 60w constantly? As noted, that would be 6 times more than what I want, so if it can't be truly regulated like any other vw mod, then it really wouldn't suit.

Andria
I could be mistaken, but what I recall hearing is it is really basically an unregulated mod, with a 60 watt cutoff and some protection circuits. So while not technically a true mech, the same basic principle applies, your build determines the wattage.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

That's weird. I had the left arm pain thing going on but the rush of medications they were shoving in me before they even got the stent procedure started put an end to the arm pain. Didn't experience any pain - chest or otherwise - during the stent placement.

For anybody who want to know: One of the heart attack symptoms you can get is pain on the inside of your left upper arm. I guess it doesn't happen on the right arm, just 'cause of how all those veins & arteries are connected.

Which blood thinner did they stick you on? Any blood pressure meds? (You usually get them after a HA, for other reasons beyond blood pressure.)

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Technically, I missed my 5 year quit anniversary yesterday here due to computer from hell problems. :xD: But after two days of frucking around with it the computer is back to normal - and so is my quit banner. :)

Computers: I'm at the age where I view a computer in terms of the number of lost days spent fixing problems. :cuss2:

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I could be mistaken, but what I recall hearing is it is really basically an unregulated mod, with a 60 watt cutoff and some protection circuits. So while not technically a true mech, the same basic principle applies, your build determines the wattage.
Yeah, this^^^^. Also, not sure if you can convert the Magma with just a pin swap. It might require more detail than that. You can, however, get a decent Narda clone(the 316 SS ONE) for $12 from FT. THAT is a simple pin swap conversion (M3 size BF pin from fatdaddy)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was unaware the Kanger drip box was unregulated so no, it wont work well for you Andria. I will keep an eye out for a decent drip squonk thats at a decent price. i am always browsing anyways :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That was my understanding as well, which is why I questioned it. That wouldn't suit me at all. I like every hit to be the same as the one before, not constantly declining as the charge runs out.

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Surprisingly the doc didnt say anything about diet. Nothing about salt or cholesterol or caffeine. I too had to go before they would let me get up so I made the ex hold it and the bottle for me while I layed in bed and went. I wasnt allowed to stand or even sit up for four hours after they put me in the room.

I went from taking nothing a day to now having to take 7 meds a day which is gonna be hard for me. I never was one who could take medicine daily nor on time but I was strictly warned that one of them that I take twice a day, if I miss just one dosage it could kill me.

The biggest problem I am having now is shortness of breath. The discharge papers said to immediately seek medical attention if that happened so I called the doc and let him know about it. He said one of the meds might be causing it and if it got worse to go to the ER. I quit smoking two years ago and didnt have any shortness of breath anymore. Now if i do anything I am experiencing it. The doc is going to have to change the meds around or find out what is causing it. No way I can return to work being out of breath anytime I do the slightest thing.

There will be tweaking involved. Some of these cardiac & cholesterol meds have some very bizarre potential side effects. They really wanted me on metropolol but I just couldn't get past side effect problems of that one.

Doc, unfortunately this may take some time to sort the meds out. In a perfect world meds are great and have no side effects. In the real world...

If you got the pharmacy printouts it's a good idea to go over the potential side effects. Not to obsess about it or look for things that aren't there, but you would be surprised at how many of those meds they gave you can be a source of mood disorders like depression, elevated anxiety and mood cycling. (Among other things.) If you have to do battle with a prescriber over what may or may not be a side effect, knowledge is a good thing.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, this^^^^. Also, not sure if you can convert the Magma with just a pin swap. It might require more detail than that. You can, however, get a decent Narda clone(the 316 SS ONE) for $12 from FT. THAT is a simple pin swap conversion (M3 size BF pin from fatdaddy)

I think you might be right about the magma, though inspects said he has a BF Magma. But the narda's side airflow wouldn't suit me at all; it would be similar to a Veritas, which I disliked enough to PIF it to someone who could appreciate it. The air comes *in* to a Magma on the side, but then goes up under the coil, which is what I want, and the reason I like the Magma and Achilles so much, and used to like the Kayfun before I got spoiled with an RDA's intensity of flavor. I also don't like the o-ring fastening of the narda's cap -- again, I like the magma and achilles because they have threaded caps.

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was unaware the Kanger drip box was unregulated so no, it wont work well for you Andria. I will keep an eye out for a decent drip squonk thats at a decent price. i am always browsing anyways :D
That was my understanding as well, which is why I questioned it. That wouldn't suit me at all. I like every hit to be the same as the one before, not constantly declining as the charge runs out.

Andria
http://www.efun.top/vapor-flask-v3-clone-40w-with-temperature-control.html

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's weird. I had the left arm pain thing going on but the rush of medications they were shoving in me before they even got the stent procedure started put an end to the arm pain. Didn't experience any pain - chest or otherwise - during the stent placement.

For anybody who want to know: One of the heart attack symptoms you can get is pain on the inside of your left upper arm. I guess it doesn't happen on the right arm, just 'cause of how all those veins & arteries are connected.

Which blood thinner did they stick you on? Any blood pressure meds? (You usually get them after a HA, for other reasons beyond blood pressure.)
Im on around 6 daily meds now plus a baby asprin, yesterday I listed them but not sure which post it was.

And now here you are - what a saga

Didnt really think about it until yesterday but I believe I am damn lucky. The doc was talking about returning me to work based on the testing he had done to me at his office. He told me himself those test showed no problems at all. Doc told my mom and ex after doing the stint and angiogram that I was a walking heart attack waiting to happen.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

The original DB is that weird, fixed wattage electronic but non-adjustable thing. The recent DB160 is fully adjustable.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think you might be right about the magma, though inspects said he has a BF Magma. But the narda's side airflow wouldn't suit me at all; it would be similar to a Veritas, which I disliked enough to PIF it to someone who could appreciate it. The air comes *in* to a Magma on the side, but then goes up under the coil, which is what I want, and the reason I like the Magma and Achilles so much, and used to like the Kayfun before I got spoiled with an RDA's intensity of flavor. I also don't like the o-ring fastening of the narda's cap -- again, I like the magma and achilles because they have threaded caps.

Andria
I think he has a Magma Reborn, which you wouldn't like in the least. From pics if the original Magm it looks like the floor on the dripwell is smooth, you can't see the center pin. If that is the case it would have to be drilled. Personally I think your abhorrence of side air flow atties is completely asinine. Most of my favorite atties are indeed side air flow. Your stubbornness limits your choices. I understand that, & empathize. But if you expand your horizons in your choices you just may surprise yourself

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
Andria....here is the bottom fed Magma.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They both swap out easily according to Tom...I didn't change the pin myself.
The base of the well looks smooth. It doesn't look like the pin goes all the way through
f7f2b5fbcad19a07ab46b3a327c543d1.png

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The base of the well looks smooth. It doesn't look like the pin goes all the way through
f7f2b5fbcad19a07ab46b3a327c543d1.png

I dunno if it goes thru or not; it's got this little boxy looking thing in the middle of the well, between the posts -- that's why I wondered if it could be made suitable for BF.

Andria

ETA: I don't have a Reborn -- their airflow is just too much to suit me, i can tell just from looking at it. Mine are Tobeco clones of the original Magmas.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dunno if it goes thru or not; it's got this little boxy looking thing in the middle of the well, between the posts -- that's why I wondered if it could be made suitable for BF.

Andria
I just found a decent pic of the base. It does indeed look like a simple pin swap
a7ba9b1e9a50badd23fe0cd5552ecd7c.jpg

If your base looks like that, that should be all you need, is a pin

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think he has a Magma Reborn, which you wouldn't like in the least. From pics if the original Magm it looks like the floor on the dripwell is smooth, you can't see the center pin. If that is the case it would have to be drilled. Personally I think your abhorrence of side air flow atties is completely asinine. Most of my favorite atties are indeed side air flow. Your stubbornness limits your choices. I understand that, & empathize. But if you expand your horizons in your choices you just may surprise yourself

I've tried several side airflow atties. They don't suit at all; not enough flavor, and too airy. Can't get good suction on it at all, it's like trying to "smoke" an empty straw. And no flavor. Everyone said the Veritas was a flavor machine, and could be tightened up nicely, and neither were true. The only way I could get any flavor from it at all was with a single vertical, right in front of the airhole... but it was still too airy. If the inner airhole is too big, then it doesn't matter how tightly you close the outer one, you can't get suction on it.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just found a decent pic of the base. It does indeed look like a simple pin swap
a7ba9b1e9a50badd23fe0cd5552ecd7c.jpg

If your base looks like that, that should be all you need, is a pin

That looks like a Reborn. Mine is nothing like that.

Here's a closeup of my own:

magma-closeup.jpg

It's got that delrin block between the posts.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I guess I won't be a squonker. Oh well, not sure I could afford another mod right now anyway.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors