Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if Magmas could be modified for squonking. Don't need it for the Achilles, they hold 2.5ml, but the Magmas only hold about a ml, so that would be useful.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[QUOTE="inspects, post: 1296800, member: 15845]
Squeeze the bottle, rather than dripping.....:bliss:[/QUOTE]

The repair thingy is slacking... :|

I think I am beginning to see what I have not seen...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if Magmas could be modified for squonking. Don't need it for the Achilles, they hold 2.5ml, but the Magmas only hold about a ml, so that would be useful.

Andria
Kinda doubt it. Doesn't the air come right up thru the middle?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
[QUOTE="inspects, post: 1296800, member: 15845]
Squeeze the bottle, rather than dripping.....:bliss:

The repair thingy is slacking... :|

I think I am beginning to see what I have not seen...[/QUOTE]

Dripping is a drag - squonking is where it's at!

It's only a recent phenom with noobs like Hank

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It does seem to be gaining in popularity lately though.
Yep dripping sucks.
Squonking is better but not nirviana.

Think I will order me one of these aluminum Chester Copperbottom squonkers though.

You need to quit being cheap and get a real squonker:giggle:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It does seem to be gaining in popularity lately though.
Yep dripping sucks.
Squonking is better but not nirviana.

Think I will order me one of these aluminum Chester Copperbottom squonkers though.

I named my brass one with the converted brass Goon atty Chesty Morgan - she dates Chester Copperbottom.

Sometimes they have a threesome with Woody Squonkmyer, he's the new guy

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I gots a 150W TC squonker.

and no I am not going to quit being cheap.
I like being a tight assed bastard :)

besides that is a Chester Copperbottom squonker in your pic :)

The CopperVapes are very nice - if anyone started reselling them in the US they'd be at least $100, easy

I really like those CVs

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only thing I don't like about the Magma reborn is the barrel comes apart and it's a pain in the ass to put back together....POOR design.

Definitely look for one of the originals, or V1 I would assume.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
They been playing with my meds for over a month trying to get my blood pressure under control. I was on Benicar and one of the beta blockers with the baby asprin and it still stayed around 170/100 with an upper 90 to 100 pulse. Now its 126/82 with a 75 pulse. The fucked up part is I been light headed today with heart burn this afternoon and I seldom if ever have heart burn but been belching pizza burps so I am sure it is heart burn. The light headedness i can do without as well as the shortness of breath.
Damn, I so much want you to get feeling better. :( The 170/100 thing, yeah, that's not good. 126/82, now we're in the range of normal. :) {My last checkup was 124/72, pulse of 60 - and I had been off the meds for going on over a month. My personal record was 199/126 several years ago when I had an episode of A-Fib.}
The light-headedness may actually be somewhat normal: your body got used to working with the elevated pressure and now it's not there. Definitely another note to have to check on with the cardiologist.
Where you suffering from acid reflux/heartburn before this all started? I noticed one of your meds is supposed to help with that.

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So somebody tell me about S Q U O N K I N G ? It's ridiculous that I have to do that....
Now that you have the answer, Let me tail on:

If I wanted to get a good basic squonker, not expensive or fancy, regulated, 18650, 60W capable, what would the recommendations be?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Now that you have the answer, Let me tail on:

If I wanted to get a good basic squonker, not expensive or fancy, regulated, 18650, 60W capable, what would the recommendations be?

The COV Wraith that just came out is pretty nice - does 80W, and looks like a million bucks for only $75

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That's just one month. Previously, the highest had been $169, a couple yrs ago. Hopefully, the plastic on the windows will keep it from being over $200 next month! And we may need some weatherstripping around the front door.

Don't have any dimetapp, and the cat's daddy would kill me if I put anything in his precious darling's food. :D

Andria
Winter average for us is north of $200 per month - and we have oil heat! I know it's caused by 1) five people in the house; 2) laundry and hot water for those five people; and 3) energy-inefficient lighting left on in empty rooms. I chase my wife around when she leaves lights on all over the house.

What daddy's little baby ingests without him knowing won't hurt him.. :devil:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Winter average for us is north of $200 per month - and we have oil heat! I know it's caused by 1) five people in the house; 2) laundry and hot water for those five people; and 3) energy-inefficient lighting left on in empty rooms. I chase my wife around when she leaves lights on all over the house.

What daddy's little baby ingests without him knowing won't hurt him.. :devil:
My electric bill is 200 bucks a month in the summer to keep the house at 76-77 degrees....winter $50 bucks, half that is tax.....:(

77 degrees feels like a refrigerator when it's 110 degrees outside.....:xD:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But you are correct, the air can be closed off entirely I believe.

Well, yeah, pretty much. But I do need a little air; I typically use the smallest single airhole in the ring, and i've modified the apertures in the deck with hollow needles; used 14ga, but they're not quite tight enough to prevent leaking; I'm STILL (since Jun 20!) awaiting some 13ga needles that I think will seal those airholes better to prevent leaking. That does help tighten the draw for me, a good bit!

Do you know if a Tobeco Magma needs a 2.5 or 3mm screw?

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My electric bill is 200 bucks a month in the summer to keep the house at 76-77 degrees....winter $50 bucks, half that is tax.....:(

77 degrees feels like a refrigerator when it's 110 degrees outside.....:xD:

I normally like it about 75-76, and maybe as low as 74, if I'm cooking. But it really has been hot this summer, so I guess $216 isn't terrible, it's just a lot higher than we've seen in this house, since the summer of 2012. He got the plastic on all the windows today except my bedroom, and he'll do those tomorrow. And I'll start trying to keep the thermo at 76 instead of 75. Our summer gas bills are around $35; in the winter, they go up to about $90 (Jan and Feb), and the electric usually goes to right around $100 or a bit less. The highest electric bill previously was $169.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, yeah, pretty much. But I do need a little air; I typically use the smallest single airhole in the ring, and i've modified the apertures in the deck with hollow needles; used 14ga, but they're not quite tight enough to prevent leaking; I'm STILL (since Jun 20!) awaiting some 13ga needles that I think will seal those airholes better to prevent leaking. That does help tighten the draw for me, a good bit!

Do you know if a Tobeco Magma needs a 2.5 or 3mm screw?

Andria
I believe 2.5, Andria....most are 2.5.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I normally like it about 75-76, and maybe as low as 74, if I'm cooking. But it really has been hot this summer, so I guess $216 isn't terrible, it's just a lot higher than we've seen in this house, since the summer of 2012. He got the plastic on all the windows today except my bedroom, and he'll do those tomorrow. And I'll start trying to keep the thermo at 76 instead of 75. Our summer gas bills are around $35; in the winter, they go up to about $90 (Jan and Feb), and the electric usually goes to right around $100 or a bit less. The highest electric bill previously was $169.

Andria
You have dual pane glass windows?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You have dual pane glass windows?

Hell no; we have old style divided light wood-framed and -paned windows. We really need to get the windows replaced, but we're waiting for his credit score to go up since we paid off one of our old nagging bills, so we can get a home equity credit line.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most people here put wooden shutters on the inside of the windows, it's amazing how much heat they stop radiating into living space.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hell no; we have old style divided light wood-framed and -paned windows. We really need to get the windows replaced, but we're waiting for his credit score to go up since we paid off one of our old nagging bills, so we can get a home equity credit line.

Andria
Yeah, the single pane windows are a huge energy loss. It's a pity new windows cost an arm and a leg. BIG time markup in windows.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Most people here put wooden shutters on the inside of the windows, it's amazing how much heat they stop radiating into living space.

Like plantation shutters, instead of blinds? My aunt has those; they're gorgeous, but they have to be custom made for the windows, so... another way to spend a lot of money! :D We're hoping for one of those excellent tax deductions, though we usually don't have nearly enough deductions to itemize -- but a home equity credit line interest is deductible just like the mortgage interest, so that could be really helpful, transferring some of our other debt to it.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fat Daddy Vapes has 2.5 and 3mm BF pins.
I have an extra 2.5 I could send you Andria.

I'm gonna look into what it would cost me to get a regulated squonk mod; really don't care much for mechanicals. It's just something I'm tossing around right now.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna look into what it would cost me to get a regulated squonk mod; really don't care much for mechanicals. It's just something I'm tossing around right now.

Andria
Regulated sqounk mods seem to start around $60 and up.
the Kanger 160 squonker or that one that Lucy recently got are the 2 best cheap regulated squonker I know of.
What was that squonker again Lucy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors