ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If I didnt have my mom to take care of and my pets I would seriously consider selling my 10 acres and getting a camp down on lake Maurepas kinda like @Atchafalaya was wanting to do. Have a dock on the back of the camp property with my sailboat tied up to it and retire early and live cheaply. From lake Maurepas i could easily sail all the way to the gulf and enjoy either salt water or fresh water living.
Yea, that would be the life!

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the girls are going on a roadtrip, obviously inspired. If I leave and go to Sturgis, I've been informed, the cat, the houseplants, and the garbage will all be neglected. The lawn gets mowed.... Is anyone else doing the math here?!?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So the girls are going on a roadtrip, obviously inspired. If I leave and go to Sturgis, I've been informed, the cat, the houseplants, and the garbage will all be neglected. The lawn gets mowed.... Is anyone else doing the math here?!?

Hire Cromwell to feed the cat. He being an expert on lawns and grassy things in general will ensure happy houseplants.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Get cat feeder..........................................check
Get cat waterer........................................check
Fuck the plants........................................check
No one is home, what garbage?.............check

Your not in Sturgis yet? WTF bro........

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get cat feeder..........................................check
Get cat waterer........................................check
Fuck the plants........................................check
No one is home, what garbage?.............check

Your not in Sturgis yet? WTF bro........
Technically, I already WAS in Sturgis. It was a tempting thought to just wait for the party to show up, but I had souvenirs from Colorado to get home. I could have stayed, and maxed out on my daily limit of souvenirs, but other states take even less kindly to months worth of souvenirs in the same place at the same time. And there is only so many pockets, hidey holes, fake 3rd cylinders...

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Technically, I already WAS in Sturgis. It was a tempting thought to just wait for the party to show up, but I had souvenirs from Colorado to get home. I could have stayed, and maxed out on my daily limit of souvenirs, but other states take even less kindly to months worth of souvenirs in the same place at the same time. And there is only so many pockets, hidey holes, fake 3rd cylinders...

I have a friend with a house close to sturgis. Been told many times any time I want I have a free place to stay, even during the rally. One day I plan on taking him up on his offer.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a friend with a house close to sturgis. Been told many times any time I want I have a free place to stay, even during the rally. One day I plan on taking him up on his offer.
You should do that. I mean, even if you can't make the ride there, you could fly or drive up and at least have some fun!

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Friends and fellow Fugees, a happy mornin' to you with a healthy side of GFY. :hug:
The time has come to check out of the land of the connected and start my vacay. House sitter is all arranged so the feline beasties will be tended to, (almost) everything is loaded up and ready to roll. The next seven days are devoted to the Table Mountain Star Party, a gathering of fellow whacko's like myself for time under the stars in a place far away from the city lights. Weather forecast looks good with only one possible stinker for tomorrow.

@chopdoc - thinking of ya' and hoping that you get over the crap with your meds ASAP. :cool:
@AndriaD - stay in the nice AC, and figure out how to Dimetap that cat. ;)
@JuicyLucy - your duties have been discussed previously. You're responsible for (a complete lack of) decorum for the next week. :devil:

TTFN! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Friends and fellow Fugees, a happy mornin' to you with a healthy side of GFY. :hug:
The time has come to check out of the land of the connected and start my vacay. House sitter is all arranged so the feline beasties will be tended to, (almost) everything is loaded up and ready to roll. The next seven days are devoted to the Table Mountain Star Party, a gathering of fellow whacko's like myself for time under the stars in a place far away from the city lights. Weather forecast looks good with only one possible stinker for tomorrow.

@chopdoc - thinking of ya' and hoping that you get over the crap with your meds ASAP. :cool:
@JuicyLucy - your duties have been discussed previously. You're responsible for (a complete lack of) decorum for the next week. :devil:

Hope ya have a great vacation!!!!

Might have to get my Orion XT10 dobsonian or my 127mm cassegrain and do some star gazing too :D

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Might have to get my Orion XT10 dobsonian or my 127mm cassegrain and do some star gazing too :D
Thanks! May be one of the last years we go as a whole family. Only taking two scopes this year as opposed to the usual four: the 12.5" and 10" Dobs. Plus binoculars.
New Moon is coming up. Great time to break out yours for a little observing time. ;) The XT10's are decent scopes; my oldest started with an XT6 and has half the Messier list done. The 10" is her new scope, a Meade Lightbridge.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Have fun!!! :blowkiss:

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The USPS once again amazes me with their stupidity. Draw a line on any map between Chicago, IL and Akron, OH and you will discover that you have to go through a little state named Indiana. In fact, you will most likely go right through a city called South Bend. Incidentally, every piece of mail I receive passes through the South Bend, IN post office prior to coming to my post office.

So why is my GB order, which cleared customs in Chicago, now sitting in Akron, OH?

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Meade ETX-125 here! The kids come and borrow it when they are going camping. I love that they love it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just ordered a gal of PG, and a quart of VG, from amazon... $40.94, free shipping, thx to Prime... and I specified the free no-rush shipping and got a $5.99 Prime Pantry credit! whee! :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know what's up with MyVaporStore? I've got 26ga and 28ga 316L SS wire in my cart, but the cart page just has this annoying "please wait" thing in the middle of it, been sitting that way for over 5 minutes now. I hit refresh, but it didn't help.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just ordered a gal of PG, and a quart of VG, from amazon... $40.94, free shipping, thx to Prime... and I specified the free no-rush shipping and got a $5.99 Prime Pantry credit! whee! :D

Andria

That actually works out to the same price as Bulk Apothecary. Well done Andria!

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Somewhere around here I have an ETX 60 meade. It was fun to play around with.

It's a lot of fun, and I've toyed with the idea of bigger than the 125, but I notice that as the mirrors get larger, so does the reluctance to drag it all out and set it up. Well, that and the trees have gone wild the past 10 years and I have to go find sky. Keep meaning to trek it to Iowa. No light pollution there! The milky way is in plain sight.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Have fun!!!!!

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The USPS once again amazes me with their stupidity. Draw a line on any map between Chicago, IL and Akron, OH and you will discover that you have to go through a little state named Indiana. In fact, you will most likely go right through a city called South Bend. Incidentally, every piece of mail I receive passes through the South Bend, IN post office prior to coming to my post office.

So why is my GB order, which cleared customs in Chicago, now sitting in Akron, OH?

Sorry to hear it Kad. I told ya they was creepz in that Chicago routing..

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Does this friend have an address? ;) My best friend said he wants to go, and I don't want to do a Sturgis rally by myself. I need friendly witnesses. ;)
Crowd is supposed to be down this year according to Sioux Falls paper. Starts Monday but I'd like to get there by Friday to get good camping. Something with a shower would be nice, but I'll take a lake or stream in a pinch. We'll see, it wouldn't be the first time he waves off.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's a lot of fun, and I've toyed with the idea of bigger than the 125, but I notice that as the mirrors get larger, so does the reluctance to drag it all out and set it up. Well, that and the trees have gone wild the past 10 years and I have to go find sky. Keep meaning to trek it to Iowa. No light pollution there! The milky way is in plain sight.

That's the only bad thing about our current location -- dead convenient to everything including my husband's work, which means... TONS of light pollution in the sky -- we're 2 miles from the CENTER of our town. I rarely even bother with the big meteor showers anymore, it's very unlikely that I'll be able to see anything at all.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

For a cassegrain the 125 is a powerfull scope. You should be able to see things like the whirlpool galaxy without too much problems even with some light pollution.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Does this friend have an address? ;) My best friend said he wants to go, and I don't want to do a Sturgis rally by myself. I need friendly witnesses. ;)
Crowd is supposed to be down this year according to Sioux Falls paper. Starts Monday but I'd like to get there by Friday to get good camping. Something with a shower would be nice, but I'll take a lake or stream in a pinch. We'll see, it wouldn't be the first time he waves off.

The friend lives in Lafayette Louisiana but has his parents house up there where he grew up. After his folks passed away he converted his parents place to a rental house. From what I was reading today, they are not expecting a big crowd this year.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria always knows where to get the goods. :bliss:

Well I've been using that Nature's Oil brand PG since I started, though they went up DRASTICALLY on the price -- but now that I have Prime, and the free shipping, it's not really a bad price at all, since the stuff is so heavy. That qt of VG I ordered actually *is* Bulk Apothecary brand -- I think maybe the Nature's Oil PG is from them too, but not their brand.

I got some PG and VG from ECX a while back too, to bulk up my order to get free shipping, but haven't tried it yet, still got a bit left of the Nature's Oil.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And, you got up "before" noon!! :hearts:

Because it was payday; I always do. Though I had the traumatic experience last night that my fan, which I run for 'white noise" to block out all the noisy people and animals on my block, started making this godawful loud squealing noise, so I had to sleep in the quiet, and damn, that was weird. This morning, I tried fiddling with it again, and it would barely move at all... so now, my husband is disassembling it, to clean, maybe oil, and hopefully get back to working. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to buy a new fan, and hope it makes a sufficient amount of noise.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I actually bought quite a bit of vaping supplies today -- the PG/VG I mentioned earlier, I finally did manage to order some 26ga and 28ga SS wire from MVS, also a 100' spool of 29ga kanthal from lightning vapes, and one of those cool Xtar VC2 Plus chargers. So I'll have some interesting vape mail over the next week or so. :) And actually -- the Pg gal is from Bulk Apothecary, the Nature's Oil Brand -- the Vg qt is actually from Essential Depot, via amazon.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And since I have a nice variety of vapemail on its way, I thought I'd post these:

5minutesago.jpg
Well actually it was some hours ago, but same applies. :D

And this one just cracked me up, it's so fucking TRUE!
madeupdeliverydate.jpg

:giggle:
Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear it Kad. I told ya they was creepz in that Chicago routing..
Yeah, well, I originally figured it would be another week anyway. Just knowing it was only 60 miles or so away gave me a brief moment of hope that my, ummm, dang what did I even order, I don't remember! I can remember the first girl I kissed (well, her name anyway, Sandy, or rather Sandra Lee to be accurate) when I was in 3rd grade I think, but I can't remember what I ordered a few short weeks ago.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Because it was payday; I always do. Though I had the traumatic experience last night that my fan, which I run for 'white noise" to block out all the noisy people and animals on my block, started making this godawful loud squealing noise, so I had to sleep in the quiet, and damn, that was weird. This morning, I tried fiddling with it again, and it would barely move at all... so now, my husband is disassembling it, to clean, maybe oil, and hopefully get back to working. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to buy a new fan, and hope it makes a sufficient amount of noise.

Andria
Omggggg I wouldn't have slept a wink without my fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors